The regrets of Katherine Barn...

By blanket-of-moss

Katherine Barnes was a talkative 13 year old girl. She was obsessed with Marvel, The Maze Runner, Harry Potte... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
A/N:
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
A/N:

Chapter 41

132 4 9
By blanket-of-moss

~~~~~Still in Ren's POV when she's in her coma like state~~~~~

Death. That's what it feels like when maids try to tighten your corset so much that you can't bend over without it digging into your stomach. It's one of those under corsets all the Royals wear.

"Lady Katherine if you do not stay still we will have to start over," One of the maids say from behind. My guess is it's the one tying this thing from hell on me. I finally grip the edge of the white vanity in the Queen's old dress-room. After one last tug, it's done.

"Why do we wear these," I ask panting. My eyes follow her as she walks around me to get the metal wiring for the skirt.

"You have to get a mans attention somehow," She says with a wink, "It's not all bust and beauty. I thin waist and proper posture and manners. It's a little bold to say, but I think Prince Jackson has his eyes set on you. "

" That was a bit bold," I respond still panting. She hooks the skirt around my waist.

"My apologies," she says politely. I blow a piece of my brown curls out of my face that has become loose of my hair cloth.

• • • • • • •

"And you say he picked it out," I say.

"Yes. And you look stunning. "

"He got the idea from my red cloak. "I mumble looking in the mirror at my dress. The sleeves are lace and end at my hands. The skirt is big and has layers and layers with ruffles(and very heavy.) The color is bright red and the top shows a lot of bust.

"Men. . ." I mumble. My body pivots towards her.

"Oh my," She says with a smile brushing a piece of her blonde hair out of her face. She grasps my shoulders, "You look wonderful."

"Thank you," I say, "I never got your name. "

"Riley," She says with a smile. "Now, go show the princes. "

"Uh, I'll just uh hang out here." I respond trying to sit down, only to fall to the floor instead.

"No, go to the ball, fall in love, trust me it'll be fun," Riley insists. Her hands grip my arms and pull me off the floor, and shoves me out the door. My feet trip on the bottom of the gown and I fall to the hard wood floor.

"Well that was graceful," A familiar voice says. Price Fricken Charming. Great.

I push myself up and look him dead in the eyes before speaking, "What are you doing here, Prince Charming?"

"I'm getting ready for the ball of course," He responds walking over, "You look beautiful you know. "

"I really don't care how I look," I say in the most bored tone I can while I slightly shake my head with half closed eyes.

"Why do you hate me," He asks coming closer to me, "I haven't done anything wrong."

"You killed my mother," I spit out. My whole body turns around and walks down the long hall to the grand stair case leaving the soon to be king there alone.

My heels click against the stone stairs in the empty room. The guests have yet to arrive, and for that I'm glad. All of this, the balls, dresses, and princes just feels totally wrong.

I walk out into the gardens. The red and white roses shine in the golden light of the setting sun. It's pretty silent, except for the sound of the forest which lies at the edge of the garden hedges. I aimlessly walk the gravel paths. My fingertips glide across the tops of the knee high bushes. The thorns dig into my fingers a bit, but not so much I bleed.

"What are you doing out here," I hear Jackson's voice. I turn around to see him all gussied up and wearing his crown.

I smile weakly, "Guess. "

"My brother, "He says coming closer to me. I nod.

"He doesn't get that I don't want to talk to him or be near him for that matter," I say wrapping my arms around myself to make myself warmer.

"Are you cold?" I nod, "Let's get you inside. You look marvelous by the way."

"Why thank you Prince Jackson of Jilan," I say sarcastically curtsying.

"It is my honor Lady Katherine of the Forest," He responds with just as much sarcasm, and bowing back.

"Shall we dance," I say with a fake accent.

"Let's shall," He grabs my hands and we dance in circles. We twirl and twirl, not even to bother to notice the guests have finally started to arrive. He starts to hum a tune for our "music."

"Is it weird that, it feels as if I've known you longer than a day?" He asks me. I nod understanding the exact feeling he is, well, feeling.

We continue to spin and spin until I almost fall because of how dizzy I'm starting to feel. His arms wrap around my waist to stop me from hitting the ground.

"Why I normally don't wear heels," I mutter to myself.

"Shall we go inside," He asks as he hooks his arm with mine. I nod and start to walk with him towards the bustling palace. Maybe Luna, you've done something right . . . in a wrong manner.

• • • • • • • • • • •

People. Over a thousand kings, queens, lords, princesses, and others have arrived and now are socializing in this magnificent ballroom. Not the kind of crowd I'm used to, or comfortable with.

All the women are wearing tight corsets, huge fluffy skirts, and some kind of headwear. The men on the other hand are wearing the right attire of jackets, shined shoes, and nice dress pants. But all of them look like they either smell something bad or they stuck their face in a bag of flour. Ugh, royals.

"Excuse you, but your date is a royal," Jackson says looking at me with fake offense. Oops, I said that out loud.

"Oh so this is a date now," I say looking at him with a hand on my hip.

"Yes this is," He says grabbing my wrist and dragging to the dance floor with all the couples. The men bow and the women curtsy. I stand out the most because most of the women are wearing light pastel colors with sparkles while I wear a blood red dress with long lace sleeves, oh boy.

We start circling each other with our hands pressed together. Don't ask, it's a weird dance.

"Oh so my your my dashing Prince coming to save me," I say sarcastically.

"Yes I am, save you from the ferocious dragon also known as my brother," I start to chuckle at his response. My eyes focus on something behind him that unnerves me: his brother. Prince Newton sits up there on his undeserved throne with two of his friends. I've heard of them. Prince Thomas and Lord Minho.

Newton's elbow is rested on the arm of the giant chair and his hand covers some of his lip, he looks as if he's thinking of something while he stares straight at me with. . .jealousy? What is this guys problem!?

It's time that everyone switched partners. I don't focus as I switch. A nineteen year old man with brown hair bows to me. I curtsy back before we start to dance.

"I'm Prince Peter," He introduces. Ah, Prince Peter. He's King Newton's and Prince Jackson's brother. I don't know much of him though.

[A/N if you can find the relationship between the three brother's (not a physical trait) and you comment what you think it is and get it right you get a shout out in one of the next few chapters. ]

"I'm Katherine," I say with a smile. His obviously fake smile drops.

"Katherine. . .Barnes?" This is creepy.

"Y-Yes. Wha- Who are you? Have we met," I ask curious.

"We have, you can't remember, but this isn't you," He says leaning closer to my ear to whisper as we twirl. "Chaos has put you in a false reality. You need to focus. Someone or something has put the venom of his saliva in you. You need to wake up!"

"I-I'm sorry, but you probably have the wrong person, "I say. As quick as possible I run away to find Jackson. What is with this family and creepiness?

I quickly search over head and see him exiting the dance circle looking for someone. Probably me. I rush as fast as I can through the big crowd while wearing these blasted heels. Finally I catch up.

"Jackson!" I yell over the commotion. Somehow he heard because he turns around.

"Ah Katherine," he says sighing in relief. "I thought you ran away."

"Where am I to run," I ask, "But, what is with your brother Peter? He says some crazy things."

"Uh, he did," Jackson asks nervously, "Oh, um what kind of thing?"

"Something about chaos and fake reality," I answer. "I wonder wh-"

He kisses me.

He just kissed me.

What the hell.

"Oh uh, sorry," He answers a slight tint of pink on his cheeks," I just couldn't help myself. "

"I, uh," I say at a lost of words. Most girls my age are married and have children. Whilst I've never been kissed, till now I suppose.

"I just, can't shake the feeling I know you," He answers," And- I-I love you."

"You've only known me a little less than a day," I say raising my eyebrow, "It's highly illogical. "

"I don't care about science I just know it's love," He says grasping my hands and staring into my eyes, "Don't you love me too? " His. . .eyes. They're, mesmerizing. Something just flicked in my brain.

"I-I do," I say realizing my feelings. I grab his face and smash my lips to his.

[3rd POV]

Peter stands there in the middle of the crowd, shocked and scared. She feel straight into Choas's trap. She must be under the influence of something, he decides. Somehow, he figures, he needs to help them figure out the plan.

While Peter stands still, King Newt stands up clutching his gold scepter with as much force as needed. He just lost to his brother. His younger brother! Never, has he ever lost to someone. And he won't start now.

Once Katherine pulls away, the whole world starts to fade. Its starts to all melt away. The colors, the music, the people. She starts to fall into oblivion, the only sound is a horrible echo of dark laughter of a man.

~~~[Real life]~~~

Ren shoots up from the table. Unaware of everything at the moment except one thing: where's Jackson? Her feet reach the ground and she sprints off leaving Newt in the tent dumbfounded of what just happened.

Ren's eyes look around at the camp, at this(for her) strange land. Her feet carry her towards a familiar curly black haired boy talking to Cap and Tony about something. A smile stretches on her face as she runs faster than anything to get to him.

His body turns to see who's running towards him. Once she's in arms length she grips his face and smashes her lips to his.

Newt comes out of the tent, only to see his love kissing his rival. His heart shatters into a million pieces at the sight.

Cap, just stands there unsure on what to do. Tony leans over and whispers, "You owe me twenty dollars."

A/N:

I have the next chapter already written (*pats self on back*) and I feel like an awful human being.

I won't stop blowing holes in ships,
KiwiJFerris

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18K 390 18
*π–³π—π—‚π—Œ π—‚π—Œ π—€π—ˆπ—‚π—‡π—€ π—π—π—‹π—ˆπ—Žπ—€π— π—†π–Ίπ—ƒπ—ˆπ—‹ 𝖾𝖽𝗂𝗍𝗂𝗇𝗀* The broken girl who knew too much suffers from reliving her one and only memory. ...
563 31 29
(Newt xfem.reader) Y/N, a 17 year old girl with a mind of her own. And her best friend, a 17 year old boy named Newt with a British accent. For 2-3 y...
101K 1.5K 32
Maze Runner Imagines and Preferences with a whole lot of junk in between... Give it a try! :D P.s. This book is currently being edited. Chapters mark...
7.9K 121 19
Hi my name is Alexandra Stark and if you couldn't tell i'm Tony Starks daughter. On my 7th birthday we found out I was different ... READ ON TO FIND...