The Ghost of Aincrad.(SAO x M...

By JJHM2004

Being hated in a cruel world, whether for true or false events, it does not matter to the young man who swor... More

Prologue
World of Swords.
The First Floor.
What's Been Lost...
The Ghost of Aincrad.
Murder within the walls.
Illusionary Avenger.
The Fire of the Heart.
The Flaming Dance of White and Black.
The Blue-Eyed Demon
Crimson Killing Intent.
Girl of Hope
When All Else is Lost
Edge of Hell's Abyss.
End Of The World
The Land of Fairies.
Journey to the World Tree.
The Summit
Servant of a King.
The Healing.
Bonds
General of the Blazing Flame
The Grand Quest.
The Raid.
The Marked Warrior.
The World Seed.
Tales of Old Times
Deep Sea
Problems in Another World.
World of Guns.
Guns and Swords.
Ghost of the Past.
Bloody Memories.
Bullet of Bullets.
Death Gun.
Death Chaser
What It Means To Be Strong.
Bullet of a Phantom.
Phantom Bullet.
One Little Step.
The King of the Giants.
Excalibur.
Mysterious Challenger.
A Son's Path.
Zekken and the Sleeping Knights.
A Son's Gift.
Battle For The Boss.
The Monument of the Swordsmen
Zekken's Truth.
Mother's Rosario.

The Queen of the Lake.

653 24 8
By JJHM2004

Y/N, Kazuto, and Suguha were at Kazuto's house as they were having breakfast at the dining room.

Suguha: Were you two up late again?

Kazuto: Homework for school.

Y/N: Mechatronics.

Suguha: Mechatron...

Suguha then looked at her tablet before showing it to Kazuto.

Suguha: Brother. Look at this.

Kazuto looked at her tablet before his eyes widened.

Kazuto: What?!

Y/N: What is it?

Kazuto: Someone found the Holy Sword Excaliber in ALO?! Someone finally got it, huh?

Y/N: There's more to a VRMMO than looking for rare items.

Kazuto: Easy for you to say, you already have two unique weapons...

Suguha: Read it carefully... It's only been found. That's all. No one actually has it yet.

Y/N: See? You may still have a chance.

Kazuto: What? Don't scare me like that.

Y/N: *narrator* Several months ago, on an Arun plateau, Leafa, Kirito, Atreus, and I were swallowed by a giant worm monster, and dropped into the underground world known as "Jötunheimr." There, we saw a Tyrant-class humanoid with four arms attacking a Tyrant like looked like the combination of an elephant and a jellyfish. Leafa and Atreus asked us to save the one that was being attacked. After killing the attacker, Leafa and Atreus named the jellyfish monster "Tonkii," and it grew eight wings, and carried us to the path to the upper world. On our way there, we saw a huge labyrinth hanging from beneath the World Tree, and a golden long sword that glistened at its base. Excaliber.

Kazuto: I was planning to get it at some point, but...

Suguha: You've been spending all your time on the New Aincrad.

Kazuto: But how did they find it? Players can't fly in Jötunheimr. And it's high enough that, unless you fly, you can't see its location.

Suguha: Maybe someone succeeded in saving one of Tonkii's friends, and triggered the quest flag like we did.

Kazuto: That'd make sense. That creepy...

Suguha then glared at Kazuto.

Kazuto: No, "unique" appearance that that Tyrant has means only a weirdo...

Suguha glared at him even harder.

Kazuto: I mean, a very nice person would save it. I'm surprised you aren't the only one.

Suguha: He isn't weird. He's cute. But that means it may be only a matter of time until someone clears that dungeon and gets the sword.

Kazuto: You're right...

Suguha: What will you do, Brother?

Kazuto: Like Y/N said, there's more to VRMMO than looking for rare items.

Y/N: Then you don't want the sword?

Kazuto: Don't put words in my mouth. But I think Tonkii wanted us to find it, and that's why he showed it to us. I bet, in his heart, he's hoping we can clear the dungeon. You know... Tonkii's our friend, right?

Suguha then smirked at him smugly.

Suguha: You were just saying he was creepy.

Kazuto: So, are you two free today?

Y/N: I have no plans today.

Suguha: Well, my club's off for the rest of the year.

Kazuto: Okay! Up to eleven people can ride Tonkii, right? Which means you, me, Kratos, Asuna, Eris, Klein, Atreus, Liz, Silica, and Ryuu... That leaves one. Agil has his shop to look after, and we can't rely on Chrysheight. Recon's in Sylph territory. And Freya and Amarie are busy with their work.

Suguha: I know! Let's ask Sinon!

Kazuto: That's right! Y/N, you have her number, right?

Y/N: Yes.

Suguha: I'll contact everyone. You two talk to Asuna and Sinon.

Kazuto then walked out of the room as Y/N walked outside before he called Shino and after a few seconds she answered.

Shino: *in phone* Hey, Y/N. 

Y/N: Shino, I call to ask you if you were busy today.

Shino: *in phone* No, I am free today.

Y/N: Good. I am trying to do a quest with everyone else in ALO. Do you want to come with?

Shino: *in phone* Sure, I'd be happy to tag along.

Y/N: Alright, then I'll send you the time and place to meet.

*Time skip*

Kirito, Klein, Silica, Eris, and Sinon were at Liz's shop as Liz was repairing their weapons as Sinon had created a character to be a Cait Sith.

Silica: Are you already on break for New Year's, Klein?

Klein: Yeah, since yesterday. Even if I wanted to work, at this time of year, nothing comes in. The CEO keeps bragging about how great we are to have a whole week off for New Year's. Hey, Kirito... If we do get Excaliber today, help me get the Spirit Blade Kanedzuchi.

Kirito: That dungeon's so freaking hot, though.

Klein: Sure, but Jötunheimr is so freaking cold!

Eris: You're taking requests? In that case, I want to have the Spear of Longinus.

Kirito: Isn't that hidden behind a near impossible quest?

Eris: That's why I'm asking for help.

Kirito: We'll see about it.

Sinon: Then, I know what I want... The Light Bow Shekinah.

Kirito: You've had your character for two weeks, and you already want a legendary weapon?

Sinon: The bow Liz made me is wonderful, but I'd like a bit more range.

Liz: Listen... In this world, bows have more range than spears, but less range than magic. You're the only one who's trying to hit the target from a hundred meters away.

Sinon: Honestly, I'd love to double that.

Suddenly, the door opened as they saw Asuna, Leafa, and Aiko entering with supplies.

Leafa: We're here!

Asuna: Sorry to keep you waiting!

Silica: Welcome back!

Klein: I've been waiting!

Yui: While we were out shopping, we did some information-gathering. It doesn't look like any players, or parties, have made it to that mid-air dungeon, Papa.

Kirito: Then how did they find Excaliber's location?

Yui: It seems they found a different quest than the one we found with Tonkii. And as a reward, an NPC showed Excaliber to them.

Asuna: And evidently, it isn't a very peaceful quest, either. It wasn't a fetch or an escort quest. 

Ryuu: It was a slaughter-type, in which you try to kill more than a certain number of monsters. And so, everyone in Jötunheimr is trying to kill as many monsters as they can.

Eris: That's not peaceful at all.

Klein: But isn't that weird? The Holy Sword Excaliber is sealed at the bottom of a mid-air dungeon swarming with Tyrants. So why is an NPC revealing it as a quest reward?

Silica: That's true. If the NPC just took them to the dungeon, I'd understand...

Sinon: Well, we'll know when we get there.

Liz: Okay! All weapons are fully restored!

She said before handing their weapons to them.

Kirito: Great! Now, all that's left is to wait for Kratos and Atreus.

The door then opens as they see Kratos and Atreus walking in.

Mimir: Our apologies that we're late, but we had a little inconvenient.

Kratos then walked to Liz.

Kratos: I need a quick repair.

He said while showing her his Dauntless Shield and it seemed to release sparks.

Liz took it as she examined it but it then disappeared into blue shards.

Liz: This isn't gonna be quick repair at all...

Sinon: Kratos.

Kratos turned to look at Sinon and saw her handing him something as he took it and saw it was a metal armband like his other shield.

Sinon: I found it a few days back, but I don't really need it. So you can have it.

Kratos looked at the shield and saw it was named the Guardian Shield. He put it on and activated it.

He nodded before looking at Sinon.

Kratos: Thank you.

Liz: So, you don't need the repair anymore?

Kratos: No.

Liz: Okay, then. By the way, Brok, Sindri, and I finished that work you asked us. It's a pain to work with them, but I have to admit, they are really skilled.

She said as she handed Kratos a red cloth before he placed it on a table and unfolded it and saw the familiar blades.

He grabbed the blades before placing them on his back.

They all stood up as they equipped their weapons.

Klein: Our party is still a bunch of muscle-heads, though.

Liz: Then raise your magic skills.

Klein: No way. A samurai never selects any magic skills. It isn't allowed.

Lis: Listen... In, RPGs, the samurai has been a "warrior plus black magic" class for a long time.

Klein: I'd rather snap my katana and quit being a samurai than use magic.

Atreus: But earlier, you were using a flame Sword Skill, weren't you? I think that was half-magic.

Klein: Seriously?

Mimir: He's right, you know. When Sword Skills were added into ALO, high-level skills were divided into the magic elements.

Klein: Is that right? 

Liz: So, weren't you going to snap your sword, rather than use magic?

Klein: Kirito... Kratos...

Kratos: To use Sword Skills, you do not say incantations.

Kirito: So, let's say it doesn't count.

Liz: Oh, fine.

Kirito: Thanks for coming so quickly, everyone. Somehow, I'll find a way to express my gratitude. Let's do this, then!

Everyone: Yeah!

*Time skip*

Everyone was now running down through a long stairway.

Liz: How many steps are there here?

Leafa: I think it's maybe about the size of an entire dungeon floor in New Aincrad...

Kratos: It takes two hours through the normal route, this takes five minutes. Do not complain.

Sinon: You're saying that like you were the one who made it.

Kratos grunted before suddenly gripping her tail.

Sinon then looked at Kratos annoyed before trying to hit him as he took a step back.\

She then glared at him annoyed and blushing.

Sinon: Next time you try that, I'll shove a fire arrow up your nostril.

Kratos: You could not.

Sinon looked at him even more annoyed.

Sinon: Why you!

She then ran at him as he avoided her and ran ahead.

Sinon: Come back here!

She said as she chased him.

Atreus: Hey, wait for me!

He then followed them.

Asuna: Was it me, or did Kratos tried to be playful there?

Yui: Uncle Kratos' mood improves when he is around Sinon. It reminds me like when Papa and Mama are together.

Liz: Yeah... Wait! Do you guys think he likes her?!

Ryuu: Yup, he definitely does.

Asuna: He should ask her out.

Kirito: Let's see how this goes. If we see him stuck, we'll give him a push. Alright?

Eris: *thoughts* He'll need that push...

They all nodded as they continued.

After a few more minutes, they reached the platform as they looked at the frozen land of Jötunheimr.

Klein: It's so cold!

Sinon: Wow.

Asuna then chanted a spell before everyone shined a for a moment.

Asuna: Okay. I applied some cold-resistance magic to you.

Leafa then whistle, and after a few moments they see a monster flying at them.

Atreus: Tonkii!

It then stopped beside the platform.

Kirito: He may not look it, but he's an herbivore.

Leafa: But when we brought him some fish from the surface, he gulped them in a single bite.

Tonkii then placed his trunk on Klein's head lightly.

Atreus: He's telling you to get on.

Klein: But... My grandpa's dying words were to never ride American cars or flying elephants.

Kirito: At the Dicey Café, you just gave me dried persimmons you said your grandpa made. They were good, so give me some more.

They all then got on top of Tonkii s Atreus patted Tonkii's head.

Atreus: Thank you, Tonkii.

He said before getting on him as well.

Leafa: All right! Tonkii, take us to the dungeon entrance!

Tonkii then started flying towards the dungeon.

Liz: Hey, what happens if you fall?

Asuna: I'm sure the guy over there, who once tried to climb to Aincrad's next level via the outer pillars and fell, will find out for us someday.

She said while looking at Kirito.

Eris: You really tried that? And I thought Kratos was crazy.

Kirito: I think a feline would be better at falling from high places.

Sinon and Silica immediately shook their heads.

Tonkii then suddenly dived down as everyone held on, but Leafa and Atreus were laughing.

Leafa and Atreus: Yahoo!

Tonkii then stopped as he continued on a normal speed.

Leafa: Hey, look at that!

They look down as they see a tyrant with a group of players attacking a monster similar to Tonkii.

Asuna: What's going down there? Did someone tame that humanoid Tyrant?

Mimir: That shouldn't be possible. The success rate for taming a Tyrant is of zero percent, even for a Caith Sith with full boost and special equipment.

Klein: So they're... What? Taking advantage of it? 

Eris: When the Tyrant is fighting the elephant-jellyfish, they're hitting it, too.

Sinon: But is controlling a monster's aggro that easy.

They then see them kill the elephant-jellyfish but they didn't start fighting the Tyrant.

 Kirito: Why aren't they starting combat with the humanoid Tyrant?

Ryuu: Look over there!

They then saw another group of players with a Tyrant fighting another elephant-jellyfish.

Klein: What? What's going on down there?

Liz: Is this the new Jötunheimr slaughter quest that Asuna was talking about? Like, you work with the humanoid Tyrants to eliminate the bestial ones?

Atreus: This is awful...

Suddenly a light appeared behind them before a woman came out of it.

Klein: She's huge...

Woman: I am Urd, Queen of the Lake. You fairies have formed a bond with my servants... My two younger sisters and I have a request for you. Please save this land from the frost giants.

Yui: Papa, that's an NPC. But something's strange. She isn't using the set response routines, like normal NPCs. She's like Mimir. She's connected to a language-engine module that's near the core program.

Mimir: Really? Well, it's nice to know that there are more like me.

Yui: Though I would say you're more advanced.

Urd: Once, Jötunheimr was like ALfheim. It enjoyed the blessings of the World Tree, Yggdrasil, and was covered in beautiful water and greenery. We, the hill giants, and our servants, the animals, lived in peace. Below Jötunheimr is the land of frost, Niflheim. The King of the Frost Giants who rules that land, Thrym, snuck into this realm, and cast Excaliber, the "sword which cuts all trees and iron," into the Urd's lake, at the center of the world. The sword cut the deepest root of the World Tree, and when it did, Jötunheimr was cut off from Yggdrasil's bounties.

Kirito: That's Excaliber?

Urd: Thrym's frost giants attacked Jötunheimr, from Niflheim, en masse, building many fortresses and castles, and capturing and imprisoning us, the hill giants. They built a castle, Thrymheim, on the massive block of ice that used to be the lake of Urd, and they now rule this land. My two sisters and I escaped to the bottom of a frozen lake, but we lack the power we once had. The frost giants are not satisfied, however, and they are trying to kill all our servants, the animals, that live in this land. If they succeed, our power will vanish, and they will be able to elevate Thrymheim to ALfheim's surface.

Klein: What? If they do that, it will destroy the town of Arun!

Urd: King Thrym desires to cover ALfheim in snow, and rise to the top of the World Tree, Yggdrasil. He desires the golden apple said to grow there. Thrym and his generals have grown upset at their inability to slay my servants, and have begun to ask for the help of you fairies. He offers Excaliber as a prize, and his goal is to have my servants annihilated. But King Thrym has no intention of giving that sword to anyone. When Excaliber vanishes from Thrymheim, Yggdrasil's bounties will return to this land, and that castle will melt and fall.

Liz: Then it's a lie that Excaliber is the quest reward? Can you have a quest like that?

Urd: Thrym probably plans to bestow the false sword, Caliburn, which looks identical to Excaliber.

Leafa: That's cheating! Is a king allowed to do that?

Mimir: Thrym is a big liar, who would do anything to accomplish his goal.

Urd: Like your bodyless friend here said...

Mimir: There was no necessity to say the bodyless part.

Urd: That cheating is Thrym's most potent weapon. But he has made one mistake. He sent most of his giants down from Thrymheim, to assist the fairy warriors. The castle's defenses are weaker than they've ever been.

She then created a green pendant before giving it to Leafa.

Urd: When this stone turns completely dark,  it signals that my servants all lie slain and my power gone. Fairies, infiltrate Thrymheim, and draw Excaliber from the keystones dais

A message of "quest accepted" then appeared on top of her head. "Holy Sword of the Frozen Palace".

Urd: I am counting on you, fairies.

She then disappeared as Tonkii continued on its way.

Asuna: This has turned into a really big deal.

Sinon: This is a normal quest, right? But the scale seemed a little too big for that. Didn't she say something about how if all bestial Tyrants are wiped out, frost giants will invade the surface?

Kratos: She did.

Ryuu: But I doubt the Game Masters would allow something like that without a warning or an update. 

Mimir: Don't you normally have at least a week's notice?

Kratos: Yes.

Leafa: But we must do it for Tonkii's sake.

Atreus: That's right!

Kirito: The reason we came here today was to enter the castle and get Excaliber. If it isn't heavily defended, that's exactly what we want.

Kratos: If we get the sword, it should finish the quest.

He said before grabbing his axe, and everyone also drew their weapons.

Klein: Okay! It's our last big quest of the year. Let's do this, and earn ourselves a spot on the front page of tomorrow's MMO Tomorrow!

Everyone: Yeah!

Leafa: Just wait, Tonkii.

Atreus: We'll take back your country.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 28 40
This is a retelling of the "Fairy Dance Arc" from "Sword Art Online." Since the "Sword Art Online Progressive" movie is dropping this year, I though...
236K 3.2K 46
*ATTENTION* Sequel/series has been canceled and a remake will be made. Please be patient for it. Please read chapter labeled "Announcement" to get th...
155K 3.8K 21
** Completed ** You were Y/N. You were 16, in highschool. You had a best friend named B/F, and a boyfriend named Kazuto Kirigaya. You both were toget...
153K 2.8K 61
(Currently Rewriting Chapters so I don't suggest reading rn but go for it if you want) A Sword Art Online AU Asuna and Kirito, two seniors who are kn...