Hybrid

By Crystal910133

*This is a spin-off of The Last Lycan Omega Bonnie is a member of the Green River lycan pack. She's also half... More

Coming Home
Pausing
The Clan
Battle Plan
Meeting Xander
Family Matters
Gary's Negotiation
Anonymouse
Birthday Celebrations
Xander's First Outing
It's in the Blood
The Clan Offer
New Mates
The Signing
A Baby Boom
Sibling Bonds
The First Step
Hidden
Full Disclosure

A Man Named Mouse

165 17 13
By Crystal910133

"Teddy?" Nora asks nervously. She's standing outside the bathroom, listening as he starts the shower to wash off the dirt and sweat.

"Yes baby?" Teddy asks, grinning as he opens the door completely naked and pulls her into his arms. "Mm, it's more fun to shower together, don't you think?" He asks between kisses on her mark, lifting her shirt.

"Teddy, you'll be careful, right?" Nora asks, letting herself be stripped.

"Am I not always careful with you?" Teddy asks, kneeling down to help her step out of her jeans and underwear.

"That's not what I mean, of course you are." Nora wraps her arms around his neck and kisses him, but pulls away looking scared. "I mean this fight. You're a good fighter, right?" Her lip trembles and he scoops her up, stepping into the shower.

"Of course I am. I've been trained by the best fighters in the pack." Teddy says, pressing her against the wall and fondling her breasts. He licks her mark and she moans softly.

"Promise me, you'll come back to me?" Nora whimpers and a sob escapes, Teddy pulling away to realize she's truly scared. "Don't make me have our baby alone Teddy." She sobs loudly, clinging to him.

"Oh baby." Teddy pushes the stopper down in the tub and switches from shower to faucet, sitting down with her in his lap. "I'm sorry, of course I'll come home to you. I've only just found you and I'm not going to miss a minute of being a Father to our baby." He rubs her stomach, kissing her forehead and holding her close.

"Promise? I don't want to do this, any of this, without you by my side." Nora's sobs are getting louder and she suddenly jumps up, diving toward the toilet.

   Teddy panics, watching her vomiting turn to dry heaves. He wets a cloth and puts it on the back of her neck, rubbing her back and murmuring softly to her.

"Nora, baby you can't let yourself get so upset. It's not good for you and the baby." Teddy croons, lifting her into his lap as her stomach calms.

"I finally got a taste of real happiness, I can't lose it. I can't lose you." Nora cuddles into his strong arms and sighs. "So, you need to watch your back and come home."

"I promise baby. Nothing is going to keep me from coming home to you, both." Teddy places his hand on her abdomen, wondering how long it'll be before he feels their child moving. "We're going to have a long, happy life together." He sits there, on the cold tiled floor, vowing not to break this promise.

                                                                              *   *   *

   The next day the crew started installing the cameras bright and early. Bo is actually relieved to have them going online. He doesn't trust that Gary won't attack at any moment.

   It's nearly dusk now, Sean is in the library going over emails and working on his dominant journal. Xander and Eddie are reading a story book together and Jack is checking out the new surveillance room. Just as Bo enters the library, Jack calls out to Sean in a panic.

"Papa! Papa come here quick!" Jack says, looking pale in the doorway beside Sean's desk.

"What's wrong?" Sean asks, he and Bo both hurry into the tiny room.

"Look. Is it a trap?" Jack says, pointing to a ghostly pale and heavily injured figure just outside their fence line.

"It's Anonymouse." Sean says, turning immediately toward the door. "Watch your brothers and get Bobby and Doc ready." He says, Bo right behind him.

"Papa, what if it's a trap? I'm coming with you!" Jack says, storming after them.

   Eddie stands, but feels a tug on his jeans. He looks down into the frightened and teary eyes of Xander and sits back down, pulling the boy onto his lap.

"Trap or not, we can't leave an injured soul out there alone." Sean says, racing toward the northern boarder.

   As they approach the boarder, Sean sees the figure collapse. He rushes forward, but Bo grabs his arm and scents the air. He sighs and relaxes a bit, not scenting anyone else close.

"You're Anonymouse, right?" Sean asks, seeing the pale young man kneeling.

"Mn, I came to warn you. Tonight, they're coming tonight." Anonymouse falls to the ground coughing up blood.

   Sean leaps over the fence, not wasting time. He scoops up the young man and takes a couple steps back, watching Bo shaking his head nervously. Making this jump, while carrying a full grown man isn't going to be easy. The fence is still on, as Sean runs and leaps. He lands, rolling once and cradling the young man close. Bo pulls him up, taking the injured man and looking his mate over.

"I'm fine. We need to alert the pack and get him treated, now." Sean says, putting an arm around Jack's trembling shoulders.

"Sheesh Papa, you nearly gave me a heart attack." Jack mumbles, looking at the unconscious young man that apparently went through hell to warn them.

   As they head toward the pack house, Bo sounding the alarm in the pack link for everyone to prepare for battle, Sean studies the figure in his mates arms. The man is quite young, barely in his twenties and very thin. He's covered in wounds, his bare chest is a mess of cuts and bruises. His  skin is as pale as ivory and his shoulder length wavy hair looks like fluffy clouds. His features are handsome, but somewhat delicate.

"I know that clan members heal slower than us, but... he was tortured, wasn't he?" Jack asks, suddenly lowering his guard toward this stranger as the pack house comes into view.

"Most likely, someone probably found out he was warning me." Sean says, gritting his teeth and opening the door.

"Oh my God." Doc Polk says, looking at the tattered body in Bo's arms.

"Papa, we're gonna protect him now, right?" Xander asks, standing in the doorway of the den with Eddie.

"Of course we are sweet boy." Sean smiles, Bo heading that way. "Can you boys do me a favor? We need a basin of warm water, clean rags and towels. Can you help your brothers collect them?" He asks Xander, glancing at Jack and Eddie.

"Leave it to us Papa!" Xander says, taking Jack and Eddie by the hand and leading them out of the room.

"What else do you need?" Bo asks, placing the young man on the sofa.

"Uhm, I have my bag with me. We should have everything we need." Doc Polk says, sitting on the coffee table and looking over the man.

"He's malnourished, is that slowing his healing more than usual?" Sean asks, pacing back and forth.

"Dad, help me get a snack tray together." Bobby says, leading Bo from the room.

"You always find the ones most in need of your love and care." Doc Polk mumbles, flinching as the young man's eyes flutter open. "No, be still. You need your wounds treated."

"Your Luna, I need to warn him!" He says in a panic.

"You have." Sean smiles, sitting beside the man on the sofa and stroking a hand through his hair. "We've got our entire pack on high alert now. You did well, thank you. What's your name?"

"Eburneae, it's Latin for ivory. But, most people just call me mouse." Mouse says, watching Sean with a curious look. "You're the Luna, aren't you? I heard you were beautiful and gentle, but you sounded like a fairy tale."

"Thank you?" Sean giggles, Jack hurrying in with a basin of warm water. Xander and Eddie are right behind him. "I'm going to need to clean your wounds, so Doc can take a better look. It's going to hurt sweetheart and I'm sorry."

"You really are, just like a fairy tale." Mouse says, looking at the three boys watching him with pity in their eyes. "A clan member?" He asks, looking at Xander and smiling.

"Mn, our newly adopted son, Xander. This is Jack and Eddie, my middle children." Sean grins, beginning to clean Mouse's body. "So, you said in your email that you're an albino, but that's not true." He says, looking into pale sapphire blue eyes. "A true albino would have red or pink eyes, not stunning blue ones." He winks, seeing the man wince. Bo and Bobby returning with a tray loaded with food. "Anything left in my fridge?" He teases, Bobby setting the tray on the coffee table.

"Probably?" Bobby jokes, grinning at Mouse.

"Mouse, this is my eldest son, Bobby. He's one of our pack doctors too." Sean says, moving to wipe blood from Mouses chin. "Alright, short of a long hot shower or bath, he's cleaned up. You two, fix him up." He rises, but Mouse grabs his wrist. "Okay, I'll stay." He hears Bo clear his throat and he chuckles. "Bo, honey. Still jealous at your age? You know you're the only one for me."

   Mouse flinches, seeing Bo looming over the sofa. Bo sighs and takes the young man's other hand, as Doc Polk and Bobby begin to dress his wounds. Mouse winces, but barely makes any sounds.

"Don't hold it in. No one here is going to think less of you. I know it hurts." Sean says, giving his hand a gentle squeeze. Just then, Bobby applies ointment to a partially deep wound.

"Ugh! Hah." Mouse cringes, but Sean and Bo both squeeze his hands tighter. "You don't think I'm weak?" He asks, biting his lip.

"It takes a strong man to admit that he's not always strong." Sean says, brushing hair behind Mouse's ear. "We don't think you're weak at all sweetheart."

"You're brave." Jack says, standing beside Eddie with Xander on his hip. "You took a great a risk to warn us and it nearly, you're lucky." He says, his jaw clenching as he watches Mouse flinch and wince in pain.

"I'm not sure, but I think they let me go on purpose." Mouse says, looking pointedly at Sean. "If that's true, they could strike at anytime. You can't let your guard down."

"We won't, don't worry." Sean says, glancing over at Jack. "Isn't the room between ours vacant now? Sandy moved in with her mate on the third floor, right?"

"Mn, yeah. I'll go make sure it's clean and change the bedding." Jack says, placing Xander on his feet.

"I'll help!" Xander says, grinning and following Jack. Jack smiles and offers his hand, the two boys leaving together.

"I'll go check the recycling room." Eddie says, giving Mouse a once over. "I bet I can find something in your size." He glances at the young man's bare feet. "What size shoes do you wear?"

"Uhm, I don't know." Mouse says, looking away shyly. "I haven't had shoes for quite awhile. You'll really let me stay?" He asks, looking from Sean to Bo as Eddie hurries out.

"Of course. How could we turn our backs on such a brave ally?" Sean smiles, Bobby bandaging a gash on Mouse's bicep. "You're welcome to stay in our pack, becoming an honorary member like our other clan members. But this isn't a prison, you're free to leave if that's what you choose." He watches Mouse take a deep breath and release it slowly. "But, I'm kinda hoping you'll stay." He winks, Mouse giving him a soft grin.

"Thank you, Luna's sir. It's not like I have anywhere to go." Mouse says, flexing his arm as Bobby finishes bandaging it. "Wow, not bad. Thanks Doc."

"Oh wow. I'm Doc now." Bobby says, blushing and grinning at Doc Polk. He grins, passing a sandwich to Mouse. "Lucky for you, I can make more than just peanut butter and jelly sandwiches." He winks, looking at Bo and chuckling.

"Hey, your Papa never had a problem with my pb and j's." Bo pouts.

"Wow, this is good." Mouse says, politely covering his mouth while he talks and chews. "What is it?"

"Papa's favorite." Bobby smiles at Sean. "Fried bologna, I added a slice of cheddar. Papa puts chips on his, but it's not for everyone."

"Hmm, sounds interesting." Mouse grins, quietly watching the three men tease one another.

"Well, when you're done eating I'll take you to your room." Sean says, patting his knee. "Tomorrow, after a nice shower, I'll help you re-bandage your wounds. If you need anything, just let me know."

"Thank you Luna sir." Mouse says, smiling softly.

"Just call me Sean. My mate is Bo." Sean says smiling back, Bo moving to stand beside him. "I'm sure you'll be meeting our other three clan members in the next couple of days. Don't worry, you'll fit in just fine here."

"Ha, look at me. I've never fit in anywhere." Mouse says sadly.

"I have been looking at you sweetheart." Sean says, holding his hand and looking into those clear blue eyes. "And do you know what I see? I see a brave young man with a caring heart, who put himself in danger to protect strangers. I see an unnatural, other worldly beauty. That's what I see." He wipes a tear from Mouse's cheek, smiling gently.

"No one, has ever called me... beautiful before." Mouse looks down at his hands, grinning at the one being held in Sean's. "I've always been told I'm a mistake, a monster, a freak of nature."

"Nonsense. Probably cruel and ugly men like Gary, jealous of your good looks." Bo groans, rolling his eyes.

   They all chuckle and Mouse quietly finishes his sandwich. He blushes and smiles at Sean, as a bowl of fresh fruit is placed in front of him. He can't remember the last time he was allowed so much food at a single meal. He bites into a fresh strawberry and a lone tear slides down his cheek.

"They really didn't know your value, did they?" Sean says softly, wiping the tear aside. "They should have cherished you, but that's our job now." Mouse lets out a soft sob and Sean pulls him into a hug.

"Papa?" Eddie asks from the doorway, Jack and Xander beside him looking worried. "I've left some clothes on the bed and a couple pairs of sneakers that I hope fit. Jack and Xander have the room ready."

"Oh, the bathroom is shared between your room and Jack's. Is that alright?" Sean asks, rising and helping Mouse to his feet.

"Of course. Besides, we're both men." Mouse grins at Jack, but Jack shuffles his feet.

"Uhm, I'm an omega." Jack says, glancing up to see if that bothers his new neighbor. Mouse just blinks and looks at Sean. "It makes some men uncomfortable, that's why my neighbor was a female. She felt comfortable, because I'm an omega." He shrugs and shakes his head.

"I'm sorry, I don't know much about omega's." Mouse says wrinkling his nose. "That means, you'll have an alpha mate and... you'll have kids. You're lucky."

"If there's one thing I've learned growing up in Green River, it's that there's someone out there for everyone." Jack says, patting Mouse on the back. He sighs, frowning a little. "Anyway, I'll take you up to your room and help you get settled. Papa, it's time for Xander to go to bed. He has tutoring in the morning with Miss Kat." He grins and puts an arm around Mouse's shoulders. "Let's go. I think we're going to be good friends." He grins, as they head up the stairs. He pauses outside the door to Mouse's new room.

"You need someone to talk to?" Mouse asks, tilting his head. "You seem, worried about the mate topic. I'm a good listener."

"Thanks." Jack opens the door, letting Mouse step in first, and closes it behind them. "If you could tell, I'm sure Papa has noticed too." He plops down on the bed, a sad look on his face. "Do you know anything about my Papa's past?"

"I've heard rumors." Mouse says, sitting beside him and watching his expression become pained.

"When he was my age, there was an alpha that... bought a night with my Papa. Against his will." Jack says, shaking at the mere thought of being forced. "I know not all alpha's are like that man, I know that. I mean, my Dad would never dream of hurting my Papa. He loves him so much." He heaves a heavy sigh, his hands trembling as he looks down at them. "I want to find my mate, I do, but... I'm... I'm actually afraid of alpha's. I hide it well, not even my siblings know. Two of my sisters are alpha's for God's sake, how could I fear them? But, the fact that my alpha isn't in our pack, means he's a stranger. In a few months, we'll have an alpha conference and I'm... I'm scared. What if my alpha is, like him?"

"Then you reject him and you find someone worthy of you." Mouse says, taking one of Jack's trembling hands. "If my clan members can find love in your pack, I bet there's someone very special out there for you. Don't worry to much."

"Thanks Mouse. You know, I'm just the next door to the left. Papa and Dad are on the right, with the nursery and Xander attached." Jack says, realizing his hands have stopped shaking. "I just didn't have the heart to tell Papa that stories of his past have affected me like that. Or to tell Dad, I'm leery of other alpha's. I don't want to hurt them."

"I know I've only just met them, but I think they'd understand." Mouse says, giving a sad grin. "When you're ready, you should talk to them. I bet your Papa has advice to give. I mean, after what he went through... to give his heart to your Dad so completely. You should talk to him, before that conference." He yawns and rubs his eyes.

"Thanks Mouse, really. We're going to be great friends." Jack says, rising and heading toward a side door. "Our bathroom. Get some rest. See you tomorrow and, welcome to the Green River pack."

                                                                              *   *   *

   Early the next morning, Sean heads to Mouse's room while Bo gets Xander dressed and ready for breakfast. Sean knocks on the door and Mouse opens it, wearing a baggy pair of jeans and no shirt. His hair is still damp and he blushes bashfully at Sean.

"Looks like some of the more minor wounds have begun to heal. I'm glad." Sean smiles at and holds up a first aid kit. "Let me help you re-dress the worst ones. May I come in?"

"Oh gosh, I'm sorry Luna Sean! Come in, come in!" Mouse steps aside and fidgets nervously. Sean heads to the bed and takes a seat, opening the kit. He pats the bed and raises his brows. "Oh yeah."

"Jack got something off his chest last night and you're wondering if you should tell me." Sean grins, gently rubbing ointment on the worst of the cuts and scrapes. "I'm pretty sure I know. I'll wait for him to feel comfortable enough to tell me himself. Thank you, for listening to him. I'm sure it helped." He says, wrapping a fresh bandage around the gash on Mouse's bicep. "Well, why don't you grab a shirt and we'll head down to breakfast. Most of the pack will have already eaten."

   Mouse blushes and hurries to the stack of clothes on the dresser. He quickly pulls on a dark grey t-shirt, but wrinkles his nose glancing in the mirror.

"It looks good. We should get you some baby blue shirts though, they'd really bring out your eyes." Sean says, smiling.

   As they enter the kitchen, Bo and Xander both grin from the table. Bo rises to kiss Sean's cheek and get him a cup of coffee.

"Mouse, what would like to drink?" Bo asks, passing Sean the coffee as he and Mouse take seats. "We've got coffee, milk, orange juice, apple juice, and tea."

"Uhm, milk? Please." Mouse says, glancing at Sean's mug.

"Poor boy, have you even tried the others?" Sean asks, looking at Mouse with sadness in his eyes.

"I, I was mostly given scraps." Mouse says, swallowing hard. "I was the clans, slave. Made to do all the chores no one else wanted to do. Then, I'd be chained back up."

"Chained?" Sean gasps and Bo growls, placing a large glass of milk in front of Mouse and taking his seat beside Sean. "How could they be so cruel?"

"Sounds a bit familiar." Jack says from the doorway, crossing to pour himself a glass of juice. "I mean the being chained part. You were beaten and starved, among other things." He grits his teeth and looks away.

"Son, I think you and I need to have a talk soon. Before it eats you alive." Sean says, reaching out to take his son's hand. Jack just nods and grins, Xander patting his back. "Once Miss Kat arrives to tutor your brother, we'll go up to my room."

"I'm sorry, am I running late today?" Kat says, hurrying into the kitchen. She pauses, blinking at Mouse.

"No, you're fine. We're just finishing breakfast, have you eaten?" Sean asks, grinning as he watches her bite her lip. "Oh how rude of me. Miss Kat, this is Mouse. He's going to be our newest clan member in the pack."

"Nice to meet you." Mouse says, turning fully toward her and gasping. "You're beautiful. Oh gosh! I'm sorry, that's so rude!" He blushes and turns away.

"Uhm, it was sweet." Kat says, flinging a braid over her shoulder. "Aside from Luna, no one has ever said anything like that to me before. May I ask, why are you called Mouse?"

"Uhm, because I'm white like a mouse and small for a clan male." Mouse says, bowing his head. He glances up. "Why are you called Cat?"

"Kat, is short for Katherine. But, my old pack said I was bad luck. Like a black cat." Kat says, shrugging.

"Old pack? You must have found your mate here." Mouse says, smiling softly.

"No, actually, my mate was from my old pack. He rejected me, because of the way I look." Kat says, frowning.

"What a fool." Mouse says without thinking. "I mean, to reject such a stunning mate."

"Hmm, Kat and Mouse. An interesting couple." Sean winks and they both blush. "Mouse, perhaps you can sit in with Xander, I know you can read. Perhaps, you'd like to learn other things." He says, remembering all the typos in Mouse's emails.

"Yeah! You can learn with me!" Xander says excitedly. "It'll be more like real school with another student."

"Uhm, if you don't mind." Mouse says, picking at the last of his food.

"Sounds good. I'll meet you two in the library when you've finished your breakfast." Kat smiles and turns to leave.

                                                                         *   *   *

   Sean is sitting on the edge of his bed, watching Jack pace. He knows that the knowledge of his past has scarred each of his children in some way. He crosses his legs, waiting patiently for his son to settle down.

"Jackie." Sean finally says, using the pet name from Jack's childhood. He sees his son is working himself up more, instead of calming down. "I know my past has caused emotional trauma to more than just me. Talk to me son, don't hold it in. You'll implode." He suddenly pulls Jack onto his lap with a grin. "Just like when you were little. Tell Papa what's bothering you son." Tears streak down Jack's cheeks and he wraps his arms around Sean's neck.

"I'm scared Papa." Jack sobs, finally letting go of something he's held inside for so long. "I'm so scared."

"Jackie, sweet boy, what are you afraid of?" Sean swallows a lump in his throat, rocking his son. "I'll never allow you to go through what I went through."

"Papa, what if... what if I find my alpha and, he's like the man that hurt you?" Jack says, resting his head on Sean's shoulder.

"You think I'll just give you to anyone?" Sean growls, looking into Jack's swollen eyes. "I happen to be an excellent judge of character. I won't give any of my kids to someone unworthy of them, someone who doesn't value them. If you find your mate and you're not satisfied, you reject him. And then your Dad and I kick his ass." Jack giggles, sighing in his Father's arms. "Only a fool would treat you badly. You're such a sweet and gentle soul. I know, you hide behind being a warrior. But, that's not all you are."

"Papa, how did get over it? How did you let Dad in?" Jack asks, sitting up to look into Sean's eyes.

"Hah, your Dad didn't give me much of a choice." Sean smiles softly. "He was gentle and sincere with me. I didn't know an alpha could be like that." He sighs, Jack sliding off his lap to sit beside him and hold his hand. "He made me want to let him in. A part of me knew, he could erase it all. He could make me feel whole." He strokes his sons cheek. "When you find your mate, there's a part that will just know it's right. You don't need to be afraid of hurting your Dad or sister's feelings. I happen to know, Dad once worried that I'd see him the same way. And, Maggie hasn't said it yet, but she's afraid of losing herself during her rut and hurting her mate. I think she hopes that her mate is another alpha, so they'll be on equal footing."

"Mag's wouldn't hurt anyone. Outside of someone threatening the family or the pack, she doesn't have it in her." Jack says, leaning his head on Sean's shoulder again. They both jolt, the pack link activated and Mikey's frantic voice coming through. The clan is here! They're attacking!

   Bo's voice immediately answers, Sean and Jack rushing out the door. All pack members able to fight, head toward the northern boarder. Intruders are threatening our family. Stop them at all costs. Don't let them near the pack house and the kids! Sean hits the bottom step, seeing Bo dart out the door and he shifts. He knows he can catch up in his wolf form. He prays his family doesn't get injured in this battle.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

393K 13.9K 20
On the last full Moon of the year every werewolf who has turn 17 years old will be able to find their mates. So what happens when Omega Shawn Mendes...
53.9K 1.9K 47
Soooo This is my first time writing stories and English is not my first language. So I hope you understand and appreciate my work! I love writing m...
1.1M 31.7K 42
***Currently Being Edited*** Due to this, please be understanding of certain changing and conflicting details. Thank you! • • • • • "Every King Needs...
65.7K 3.1K 45
Liam Forsythe was not dealt an easy hand. On the day he was born, his dad, family and their entire wolf pack were massacred by a rival. The only reas...