A Man Named Mouse

"Teddy?" Nora asks nervously. She's standing outside the bathroom, listening as he starts the shower to wash off the dirt and sweat.

"Yes baby?" Teddy asks, grinning as he opens the door completely naked and pulls her into his arms. "Mm, it's more fun to shower together, don't you think?" He asks between kisses on her mark, lifting her shirt.

"Teddy, you'll be careful, right?" Nora asks, letting herself be stripped.

"Am I not always careful with you?" Teddy asks, kneeling down to help her step out of her jeans and underwear.

"That's not what I mean, of course you are." Nora wraps her arms around his neck and kisses him, but pulls away looking scared. "I mean this fight. You're a good fighter, right?" Her lip trembles and he scoops her up, stepping into the shower.

"Of course I am. I've been trained by the best fighters in the pack." Teddy says, pressing her against the wall and fondling her breasts. He licks her mark and she moans softly.

"Promise me, you'll come back to me?" Nora whimpers and a sob escapes, Teddy pulling away to realize she's truly scared. "Don't make me have our baby alone Teddy." She sobs loudly, clinging to him.

"Oh baby." Teddy pushes the stopper down in the tub and switches from shower to faucet, sitting down with her in his lap. "I'm sorry, of course I'll come home to you. I've only just found you and I'm not going to miss a minute of being a Father to our baby." He rubs her stomach, kissing her forehead and holding her close.

"Promise? I don't want to do this, any of this, without you by my side." Nora's sobs are getting louder and she suddenly jumps up, diving toward the toilet.

   Teddy panics, watching her vomiting turn to dry heaves. He wets a cloth and puts it on the back of her neck, rubbing her back and murmuring softly to her.

"Nora, baby you can't let yourself get so upset. It's not good for you and the baby." Teddy croons, lifting her into his lap as her stomach calms.

"I finally got a taste of real happiness, I can't lose it. I can't lose you." Nora cuddles into his strong arms and sighs. "So, you need to watch your back and come home."

"I promise baby. Nothing is going to keep me from coming home to you, both." Teddy places his hand on her abdomen, wondering how long it'll be before he feels their child moving. "We're going to have a long, happy life together." He sits there, on the cold tiled floor, vowing not to break this promise.

                                                                              *   *   *

   The next day the crew started installing the cameras bright and early. Bo is actually relieved to have them going online. He doesn't trust that Gary won't attack at any moment.

   It's nearly dusk now, Sean is in the library going over emails and working on his dominant journal. Xander and Eddie are reading a story book together and Jack is checking out the new surveillance room. Just as Bo enters the library, Jack calls out to Sean in a panic.

"Papa! Papa come here quick!" Jack says, looking pale in the doorway beside Sean's desk.

"What's wrong?" Sean asks, he and Bo both hurry into the tiny room.

"Look. Is it a trap?" Jack says, pointing to a ghostly pale and heavily injured figure just outside their fence line.

"It's Anonymouse." Sean says, turning immediately toward the door. "Watch your brothers and get Bobby and Doc ready." He says, Bo right behind him.

"Papa, what if it's a trap? I'm coming with you!" Jack says, storming after them.

   Eddie stands, but feels a tug on his jeans. He looks down into the frightened and teary eyes of Xander and sits back down, pulling the boy onto his lap.