Coming Home

Bonnie is a young woman of the Green River pack. She turned eighteen a month ago and hasn't found her mate yet. Not that she thought she would. She knows that she's physically different from most of the other females in the pack. Instead of narrow hips and a short stature, she stands just over six feet tall. Her Mother tells her that her wide hips will be an advantage when she gives birth. She has her Mother's fair skin and her Father's grey eyes. Her chestnut brown hair is usually worn in bun. Her button nose and full lips give her a soft feminine look. She has, what her Uncle Sean calls, an hourglass figure. But she thinks she has to much time on her chest. The biggest difference between her and other females in the pack, she's a halfbreed. A hybrid, if you will. Her Mother is a member of the bear clan and her Father is a lycan from Green River pack. She has an older brother, Teddy. He's a bear clan member too. Bonnie can shift into a bear, like her Mother and brother. She can also shift into a lycan, like her Father. And just like her Father, her lycan form is an Alpha. But, unlike her Father, she's a dominant alpha. Luckily, so is her Uncle Bo. He guides her and answers any questions she has.

Right now, she smells a curious scent. Something she hasn't smelled in recent months. Bonnie's nostrils flare and her older brother approaches her. Teddy runs a hand through his shaggy auburn hair and looks at her curiously.

"Sis? Bonnie, what's wrong?" Teddy asks, grinning as he watches her scent the air.

"It's back." Bonnie growls, dropping onto all fours. "You've been chasing this scent since I was eight years old. Today, I'm going to catch it for you brother." She grins and shifts, her clothes tearing and her black lycan form darting into the woods.

She can barely hear Teddy chide her for running off naked and she snorts a laugh. I'm in animal form. Do I really need clothes right now? She knows her wolf form is fast and she races toward the scent of ripe fruits and musk. The scent is becoming stronger and she catches a glimpse of brown fur. She adds a burst of speed, seeing a bear barreling through the trees. Bonnie growls and the bear tries to climb a tree to safety, but Bonnie lunges. Her claws and teeth dig into the nape of the bears neck and she's stunned when it shifts into a young woman. She lets go, shifting back to her human form. The strange female tries to flee, but Bonnie looks her in the eyes and gives a command.

"Don't you move!" Bonnie says, hearing footsteps approaching. She sees the female trying to break her dominance and she grabs her by the throat. "Brother, tell Mom to come home. Quietly." She says, hearing Teddy suddenly stop just behind her. "Quit being a perv." She scolds and feels a robe draped over her shoulders.

"Sis, let her go. Please don't hurt her." Teddy begs, his voice shaking. "She's, my mate." He says, taking off his t-shirt as Bonnie loosens her grip in shock. He gently places it on the female and Bonnie scoffs.

"Seriously? How do you know she's not a spy?" Bonnie bares her fangs, Teddy shielding his mate. "You know better than anyone, how afraid Mom has always been that the clan would find you two."

"I know. But Bonnie, if she was really a spy... would they have left us alone for the past ten years?" Teddy asks, feeling the female tug his jeans. "It's alright, I'll protect you."

"I'm not a spy. I promise! My name is Nora." She frowns down at her feet. "I'm on my own. I come here sometimes, out of curiosity. I liked watching a bear family together."

"What do you mean you're on your own?" Teddy says, rubbing a hand down her arm. "You look about the same age as my sister. You haven't been alone for these past ten years, have you?"

"Mn." Nora admits, nodding her head. "You know, most clan members have their first shift at age three. I was five and still hadn't shifted. So, my clan abandoned me. I've been on my own since. Uhm, can I ask you a question?" She looks up at Teddy, a pretty blush on her cheeks. "Are you Sean?"