The Clan Offer

It's late afternoon and Sean wakes up alone in his room. He hears voices in the nursery and starts to head that way, but realizes it's Bo and Bobby talking.

"I know Dad, but, if they attack a different pack and we don't warn the packs that the clan isn't extinct. Do you really want potential pack deaths on our conscience?" Bobby asks, pacing as Sean remains out of sight.

"I'm not saying we won't warn other packs son." Bo says, sighing and sounding worn out. "I need to discuss with Papa. It's not that I don't understand what you're saying, but... you're mate is part clan. Do you know what the tribunal tried to do to your Papa when he was the only omega?"

"Enough!" Sean says, slamming the door open and barging in. He shoots Bo a look that dares him to continue. "He doesn't need to know that." Bo jumps up from Xander's bed and quickly crosses to him. Seeing tears glistening on his cheeks. "The kids, they don't need to know. I've caused them enough trauma without making them fear the tribunal too."

"Fear the tribunal?" Bobby asks, watching Bo pick Sean up and carry him back to their bed. "Papa, you've been on the tribunal since before the twins were even born. You work with them and seem to have a great relationship with them." He scratches his head, trying to remember back to his childhood. "I remember you took a trip, just before Hailey and Teddy came. I kind of remember, hearing the pack talk about something bad happening during the meeting and Sissy was really upset. She probably understood more than I did. Just what the hell did they do to you?"

"Elder Adam..." Bo begins, sitting with Sean in his lap. Sean shakes his head, burrowing into Bo's neck.

"No. I can't ask him to keep anything from his siblings again and, they don't need to know." Sean says, his body shaking.

"Papa, I think, maybe you should tell me. Just me." Bobby says, kneeling down in front his Fathers and holding Sean's hand. "Is it that bad or are you more worried it would hurt the younger ones? They don't have to know, but you don't have to carry it alone either. You and Dad, you can lean on me." He watches Sean nod, but stay curled into Bo.

"When we went before the tribunal, Papa was just starting to show his pregnancy." Bo says, realizing he's gotten approval from his mate. "I won't name names, but a dominant alpha used his dominance on both of us. He tried to force Papa to break our mate bond and be 'cherished' by other alpha's, to be studied. When I objected, he used his dominance to subdue me. It was like I was being torn apart." He kisses Sean's forehead and grins. "Your Papa was so cool. He snapped, growling and breaking the dominance of the alp, his eyes flashing that brilliant blue. He told the tribunal that he would never break our bond and he was carrying my children. The entire hall was silent as they realized an omega had broken an alpha's dominance like it was a twig. Papa, he stood up for himself, for me, and for the family we were creating. He told the tribunal they should focus on helping other recessive omega's find their mates and unlock their true potential. He helped the tribunal turn a corner that day, although we didn't really know it at the time." He smiles proudly at his mate.

"They were going to... after knowing your past?" Bobby growls and his eyes look dangerous. "Who, who was it?" His voice is low and cold and Bo shakes his head.

"It doesn't matter." Sean says, looking at his son. "What matters is, I still don't fully trust them. If they find out about the clan, they could try taking some of our family away." His eyes flash and he shakes his head. "Like hell we'd hand them over without a fight. Do you understand son, we need to be careful. For Hailey, Teddy, Bonnie, Nora, Xander, and Mouse. Maybe especially Mouse." He bites his lip, shivering at the thought of what could happen to such a gentle man in the wrong hands.

"I'm sorry Papa. I understand now." Bobby says, leaning his head on Sean's knee. "I won't let anyone take our family away. It would mean war with the tribunal." He sighs, feeling Sean's long slender fingers stroke his hair.