It's in the Blood

Sean is running alongside his mate, Jack right behind them. They can hear ferocious snarling and growling before the boarder even comes into view. Sean's heart sinks, all his children are on the battlefield. He lunges, watching a bear about to attack Eddie from behind while he fights a clan member in human form. Sean lands on the bears back, his claws and fangs tearing flesh mercilessly as he growls. There are roughly two dozen clan members, most in their bear form. He senses something is wrong and uses his claws to rip the bears throat out, jumping from its back as it hits the ground. He glances around at the half dozen clan fighting in human form and sees them signal each other. Each one pulls a blade out and Sean shudders. Be on guard! They have silver daggers! He instinctively begins to herd his children into a protective circle, each one watching each other's back as they fight.

   Sean sees Bo fighting with a familiar bear figure and knows his mate is fighting Gary. Bo's larger than average wolf form is nearly the same size as Gary's bear form and the battle looks as if it's already decided. Gary will definitely lose. Sean sees Bobby across the field, knocking a blade from a clan members hand and holding the man over his head, choking him. Sean races forward, seeing another clan member stalking Bobby from behind. Bobby, behind you son! Sean cries in the link, knowing he won't reach him in time.

   Bobby whirls around, but it's to late. The silver blade stabs into his stomach. He breaks the neck of the clan member in his hand, then starts to fall. Sean shifts and catches him, lashing out at the clan member who stabbed his son. He slices the man's face, then turns to his son. The wound is deep and it's not healing, it was made by a silver weapon. He trembles in rage, looking at his son bleeding in his arms. Bobby's eyes widen in shock and Sean turns, raising an arm to shield his son. The blade slashes his forearm open and Jack tosses the attacker with a mutilated face aside. Sean hurries to put pressure on Bobby's wound, his own healing already. Tears stream down his face, as blood slides down his arm.

"You're going to be fine, just fine." Sean says smiling through his tears. The terror in his eyes tells everyone, he doesn't believe what he's saying. "Just hold on son, you'll be fine. I just, I just need to keep pressure on the wound." He hiccups on a sob and feels Bobby reaching up to wipe at his tears.

"Papa, something is happening." Bobby says, trying to sit up as Sean pushes him back down sobbing uncontrollably. "Papa, it doesn't hurt. It itches, as if..." He looks at his stomach. Sean's blood has mixed into his wound and he laughs hysterically. He moves Sean's hand aside and they both gasp. The wound is healing. "It's your blood Papa. You saved me." He watches relief wash over his Father, then rage sweep into his eyes as he rises.

"Jack, stay with him." Sean says softly, scanning the crowd. There's only five or six clan members left standing, all in bear form now. "Which one of you filthy bastards dared stab my son?" He sees a bear flinch, it's face covered in claw marks and blood.

   Sean shifts on the run, heading straight for the one who hurt his son. He hears Bobby and Jack yelling for him to stop, but his vision has gone red with rage. He squares off, cornering his prey between himself and the fence. He growls low and lunges, aiming for the throat. Massive claws rake across his side, but he can't feel the pain now. He's so overcome with fear and rage, thinking he nearly lost a child. He vaguely hears Bo's voice, saying the others have called a truce. He howls in anger, claws shredding his other hip as his teeth sink into the bears throat. An unearthly growl pierces the air, as he rips the vocal chords and trachea from the bears throat. Gasping for air and clawing at his own throat, the bear shifts. Wide, panicked eyes watch Sean shift and kneel beside him. Sean cocks his head to the side, a cold look in eyes. He rises, looking around at the four clan members who have sworn to stop fighting and seeing Bo standing beside the lifeless body of Gary.