The Dark Soul (Namor x fem Fa...

By thebluecello

Namor wants to burn the world, but he needs help to do it. He's in search of ancient magic that is rumored to... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Epilogue

Chapter 27

1.9K 111 29
By thebluecello

Thor landed in the hot sand and continued to slide a great distance before he stopped. He'd never heard of Namor and after today, he'd never forget him. This creature's strength rivaled the Hulk. He'd fought the Hulk before and beaten him on many occasions. 

But the Hulk was his friend. Namor was not.

Thor grunted as he rose to his feet. He dusted the desert sand off himself and decided not to temper his rage any longer. The sky darkened with gray clouds and blue lightning flashed across the sky.

His eyes lit up and blue sparks danced on his fingers. He clenched Stormbreaker firmly and lept into the sky.

***

Namor's attention was on Rhiannon. He was sure he struck her god friend hard enough to end his life. Now, he turned to her, ready to gather her in his arms and fly away from this place to safety. He stood on the ground and looked up at her as she levitated. She focused on something in the distance.

"Mi amor..." he said in the deep, seductive voice she recognized. But she didn't respond. She watched the darkened sky with her silver eyes. He noticed she hadn't fully transformed. She'd only triggered enough to protect herself. Did she still need his permission?

Namor's ears perked up as he listened to the approaching thunder in amazement. Her god friend survived?!

***

Thor slammed into the ground, his weapon coming down hard on Namor's left side. However, the god king was ready for him. He blocked the blow with his arm and immediately turned around to jab his spear into Thor's gut. 

Thor dodged it and spun around, swinging Stormbreaker into Namor's side. The god king was tossed a few feet across the desert sand. He laughed as he rose.

"How exciting," Namor smirked and he charged at Thor again.

Lightning blasted from the sky and charged Stormbreaker allowing Thor to fling the deadly electricity in Namor's direction. Instead, it struck the sand, crystalizing it into glass as the god king flew overhead.

"She needs help!" Thor yelled as Namor landed several feet away from him.

"Is that what you are truly offering? Help?" Namor frowned. "You have your sorcerer throw her into a void of nothing. Alone and forgotten until you come up with a plan?"

"You may not like it, but it's the only way."

"Tell me. If there was a plan other than the one I have, why has no one thought of it? She has been in this condition for thousands of years. I am certain you have had access to the best scholars and wisest men and women in your kingdom. And after all that time, they came up with nothing." Namor said. "How long will she have to wait in that empty place before you realize this is the only way? Tell me, lightning king. Do you live forever?"

Thor took in the words. It was the same thing that Dr. Strange tried to tell him. The same thing his own heart tried to tell him, yet he couldn't accept it. There was more danger in putting her anywhere near the last of the Old Spirits. If it got inside of her, she could end everything and everyone. And she wouldn't have to be told to do so. She wouldn't need to be controlled.

"It's dangerous. I don't think you understand what you ask," Thor spoke. He was honestly tired of fighting and his heart was heavy with concern for her.

Before Namor could respond, Dr. Strange appeared behind him. He conjured the void again and with a wave of his hand, shoved Namor inside.

Namor was caught by surprise and he floated in the dark space, slamming into books and staircases at the impact.

Thor looked up at Rhiannon who watched Strange toss Namor into the void. Strange was too preoccupied to see her face change. It was subtle. Her brow creased a bit and her lips pressed together only slightly.

She was not happy.

"Strange..." Thor called out to the sorcerer without taking his eyes off of her.  She lowered herself from the sky, her feet stopping a few inches from the ground. She walked on the air toward Strange, who tried to close the void.

"Whatever you're going to do, Thor, now is your chance." Strange said over his shoulder. He moved his hands and fingers in the air, and worked to close the void. Namor regained his composure and began to move back toward the entrance. Dr. Strange had only seconds.

"Listen to me, wizard." Thor spoke calmly. Strange frowned.

"What?" He chuckled at the odd tone of Thor's voice.

"Do not close that portal."

"If you're thinking we can throw them both in, you-"

"Please," Thor spoke low and desperate. "Stop what you are doing and release him."

Dr. Strange froze and turned to Thor, bewildered. He recognized the fear on Thor's face.

"She's right behind me, then?"

Thor nodded.

Rhiannon was inches from Dr. Strange. Her arm reached out and her fingers grazed his back. She was frozen like that, waiting for him to make a move. 

If he closed the portal, neither of them knew what she would do. But she would do what she had to to protect Namor.

Dr. Strange closed his hands and dropped them to his side. The portal remained open long enough for Namor to leap out. Then it closed behind him with a loud vacuuming sound.

Namor charged at the sorcerer who backed away quickly. His cape pulled him into the air to safety and Namor frowned.

"Stop!" Thor yelled. "Both of you."

Dr. Strange and Namor continued to stare at each other, prepared at any moment to destroy one another. There were an infinite number of places Strange could toss Namor. And Namor was backed by the most powerful and oldest magic to exist. It would be devastating and Thor understood this.

Also, Namor was right. He had no other plan. He knew that even if it took the rest of his life, he'd never come up with something to help her. So, even though he didn't want to admit it, they would have to work with Namor.

"I'm not going to leave her with you until I know she's safe," Thor said to Namor. "And she won't allow either of us to hurt you or imprison her until we come up with a better plan. So, we should work together."

Thor said the last part as though it pained him. Namor frowned.

"I am not going to compete with you for her heart, lightning king."

"God of Thunder!" Thor replied. "And I'm not asking you to. I'm asking you to let us help."

"I have soldiers."

"And she will consume them. Haven't you noticed? She's getting weak. She needs a sacrifice and your soldiers will-"

"No! I commanded her not to harm me or my people."

"She's not in control!" Thor yelled. "Look at her! Did you command her to protect you? To protect herself? No. The wicked spirits inside of her can trigger when they are in danger. And they're hungry. They won't allow themselves to starve."

Namor considered his words. He finally looked away from Dr. Strange who felt safe enough to lower himself to the desert sand.

He slowly approached Thor with a scowl across his face.

"What is she to you, god of thunder?" Namor asked. "What does she mean to you that you would put your life in danger? I know who she is to me. What place she has in my heart. What place does she hold in yours?"

Thor was caught off guard. He stumbled over his words. "I...She's..We're friends. We have a close bond."

Strange frowned, detecting a hint of deception. "A close bond?" He mocked.

"Nevermind all of this. Will you work with us or not?" Thor demanded.

Namor looked back at Dr. Strange who watched Rhiannon. She was frozen in place and watched Thor and Namor, her silver eyes glued to Namor's powerful back. She would not hesitate to destroy both Strange and Thor to protect him.

His hands still by his side, Strange rubbed two fingers together, bright gold sparks jumping from his hands and into the air. If she went crazy, he would do his best to stop her.

But the use of the magic caught her attention and she slowly turned to face him. Her silver eyes peering into his.

"Can I say or do something to make you two work together...faster?" Strange asked, his eyes focused on Rhiannon's.

"I just want to help her." Thor pleaded again.

Namor nodded slowly. "Of course," he said. "Then we will help her together. Since you are her friend."

"Good," Thor said relieved. "That's good."

Strange stopped the sparks and held up his hands in surrender. She turned away from him and back to Namor.

The sky cleared up and the lightning subsided.

Namor turned and walked back to Rhiannon. He stroked her cheek with the back of his hand.

"Come back to me, mi amor," he whispered.

And she obeyed. The silver left her eyes. The black threads disappeared and her skin lost the crystal shine. Namor smiled and leaned to kiss her lips.

"We should get moving," Strange said, impatient.

Thor watched, surprised at the jealousy that pricked his heart. He thought of Jane. Of Loki and sadness filled him as well.

Namor turned to Thor, sensing his envy. "Yes, friend.  Your sorcerer is right. We should go now."

The two gods peered at each other and no one but Namor noticed the firm grip on his weapon and brief streaks of electricity that moved across Thor's hand. 

And no one but Thor noticed the clenched jaw and threatening stance of Namor as they watched each other in that moment.

But none of them... not Thor, nor Namor... not Strange nor Rhiannon.. noticed the ground open up into a deep black void beneath her feet.

....until it sucked her under and she vanished before their eyes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.7K 254 46
24 year old Moselle has the ability to breath underwater, she thought she was the only one when one day she found a small child under the water breat...
261K 11.1K 56
โ› is this the start of something wonderful and new? or one more dream that I cannot make true. โœ A story in which a star and an ocean shar...
118K 2.8K 14
SEQUEL TO "WINTER'S SISTER"!!! T'Challa takes Ree to Wakanda only days after Steve breaks her out of the ocean prison, to protect her and keep her ne...
12.5K 403 23
Namor is not the only god like champion in the marvel universe. Erendira is an Aztec warrior who was sacrificed by her people to lead them against th...