Chapter 35

"No!" Rhiannon screamed

"No!" Rhiannon screamed. She tried to grab Namor before he was swallowed by the crack in the earth, but it was too late.

The fire disappeared and smoke evaporated into the sky. The dirt settled back where it was supposed to.

She had to get him back. She could feel the power surge within her and she stood. She channeled the power inside to slowly part the desert sand. Then she went for the ground and it rumbled beneath her feet.

"Stop!"

Three blinding lights filled the sky, then the space in front of her. Eventually, it was all she could see. The desert, the Wakandan ship, her friends all disappeared and she was wrapped in light.

 The desert, the Wakandan ship, her friends all disappeared and she was wrapped in light

"This isn't the way," The First Creator said.

She remembered them. They made her so many years ago. 

"I have to get him back."

"You will. Just not like this."

"We're wasting time," Rhiannon was annoyed.

"Then, listen. If you open the ground, you will release every dark force in the Nether realm. They will claw their way out and flood this planet with their filth. They kill, destroy and empty everything in their path. We can't let you do this."

"Then how do I get him back?" Rhiannon could feel hot tears trail down her cheeks. "I can't leave him there."

"Do you remember when we made you?" The second Creator asked. She couldn't see their faces or bodies. Just the light and she knew by their voices, they were all different.

"Yes. My skin is star dew," she felt silly repeating this.

"It is. We made you and filled you with bits of our power. We created you with purpose," The third Creator said.

"What purpose?"

"When we created all things, darkness escaped the Nether realm. We created you out of a thought. Did you know that? We were so surprised at what you came to be. So beautiful and powerful. But we don't create things just to create them." The first Creator finished.