Epilogue

The dark spirit flew into the cave, squealing. It huddled in the furthest part of the rocky space.

"You lied!" It screamed and shriveled up into a small blob. "You're a liar!"

A blast of light filled the place!

"I didn't lie," Rhiannon spoke calmly as she walked into the cave in pursuit of the dark spirit. Her skin was radiant light and her armor was bright silver with blue trim. An engraved image that represented the Three Creators was on her chest and shield. She had a sword, but she didn't need it today. Not for this one. It was weak now that she was in her current form.

"You said you wouldn't follow!" The dark spirit pleaded.

"I didn't follow you. I let you go for two weeks. Time's up." She approached the blob that shifted and cursed at her.

As she neared, the second dark spirit flew in behind her. It shoved her to the ground with force!

Her shield fell from her hands and bounced a few feet away from her.

"Great! Maybe I should have brought my sword!"

"No, mi amor. Where's the fun in that?" Namor walked up behind her, grinning. He grabbed her chin and lowered his lips to hers. "Besides, do you really need it for these two?"

She leaned into him, inhaling his scent. He still smelled a bit like hellfire, but it was slowly fading with time. When she found him, he was dehydrated and weak, but he still managed to fight as many demons as he could.

She was right. In the Nether realm, they wanted to hurt him. Destroy him. And there was no one reason for it. He was a god. He was connected to the Three Creators through her. He was good. He was in love. They could have hated him for all those reasons or none of them. 

When she arrived, it was easy work to fight off the rest of the demons and evil spirits and pull him from hell. Once on the surface, she healed him pretty quickly.

"We can't be together," she had explained to him after she healed his wounds.

"Did they say that?"

"I have to assume my role. They said I'd be consumed with a need to pursue darkness and destroy it. And they're right, Namor. I'm filled with it. It's all I think about some days. Well, that and... you."

"Mi amor, I will never let you go. I'll never stop loving you. I went to hell for you. Do you think I won't do it again?"

He'd shocked her with those words. He pulled her close that day and kissed her lips. She missed him so. Her body was more sensitive to his touch now that she'd given herself over to her full power. She wasn't really sure if that was a final gift of the Three Creators or if that's how her powers were meant to react.

But she had been determined to keep her love for him even though the need to pursue evil consumed her. And she'd done a good job of it. 

After all, it was real love.

That day, when she rescued him from the Nether realm, he told her, "I won't stand in your way. Do what needs to be done and return to me. For now, I must return to my people. I have to show them that I am alive. But make no mistake, you are my queen."

"We won't be able to live a normal life. To settle down."

"I just want you. I don't care what form that takes, mi amor. Besides, I'm a mutant and you're filled with the power of pure light and creation. We were never going to be normal, mi reina."

He kissed her nose and she laughed. "I love you, Namor."

He kissed her again. "Mi amor. Te amaré por siempre. Eres mía. Siempre mía. Sólo mío."