Chapter 24

"When we get close, I'm going to need your help

"When we get close, I'm going to need your help." Thor said to Dr. Strange. They stopped in the desert as Strange worked to find Rhiannon.

The theory was that if she was using her magic, he could center on the energy and find their location. Strange floated in the air, his eyes closed as he focused.

"Silence, pleeease."

Thor quieted and waited for Strange to work. He thought about Rhiannon and her time in Asgard. He thought of the stories his mother told him about the Dark Soul.

He thought of his brother and how she was still tied to him up until his death. They made love and so they were linked until their bond was broken. Thor and Frigga worked to hide her from him, because she would unquestionably grant his every wish. She would kill for him. Destroy everything and everyone and when she was done, she would have consumed him.

And the bond would be broken...

But Loki was killed by Thanos. His death ended their bond which would free her to bond with another. He placed her in Wakanda so that wouldn't happen. The hidden country with its honor, integrity and multitude of technological advances.

And though he was angry that she was taken and now in the hands of this maniac god, he didn't blame Wakanda. He blamed himself. Because, yes. Rhiannon was all these things. Dangerous, Old Magic that threatened the world's existence. But she was also his friend. He should have been there for her.

He should have protected her. After all, hadn't he loved her at one point? She was his responsibility.

"Your thoughts are too loud." Strange said. "I have to get some distance from-"

Before he could finish, Thor used Stormbreaker to propel himself into the air and away from Strange.

"-you." Strange finished. "Well...thanks."

Thor's anger manifested in streaking lightning that blasted the sand, ripped through the sky and crashed thunder around them

Thor's anger manifested in streaking lightning that blasted the sand, ripped through the sky and crashed thunder around them. It rumbled through the desert, no doubt frightening animals and all things living with sounds they weren't familiar with.