Truth In My Lies

By Red_Wr1ting

You ever have that one hot, rude, cocky jerkface in your school that just screams bad news. Tough childhood a... More

1 | Favors
2 | Honey, I'm home!
3 | Business Party
4 |"Pretend it's a mission"
5 | Sex on the beach
6 | Messages
7 | Secrets
8 | My Little Visitor
9 | Catching up
10 | Red
11 | Drugged
12 | Safe for her
13 | Locked out
14 |"I'm going home to her."
15| Slit Wrists
16 | Fine stands for Fucked up, insecure, needing help, and emotional
Authors note
17 | Black and white
18 | The boys are here
20 | Gunplay isn't always fun
21| Frantic and controless
22 | Undiscovered
23 | Alcohol is my coping mechanism
24|Breathe
25 | I care
26| Oops, I wasn't dead.
27 | "Don't let me remember"
28 | Knives and liquor
29 | I promise

19 | Costumes

50 2 1
By Red_Wr1ting

Adalia POV

I sit on the floor of my closet, looking through the drawers for a bralette to go with my costume. Giving up, I sigh and lay on my back staring up at my ceiling frustrated after not finding it for an hour.

In the distance I hear my bedroom door open and multiple people walking in. I don't make any effort to get up as three people hover over my body.

"Why are you on the floor?" Alex laughs, extending his hand towards me to grab. I lift my arm before plopping it back down in exaggeration. He reaches down grabbing my wrists gently and pulling me up and into him. He wraps my arms around his torso and connects my hand before hugging me.

"I can't find my top." I sigh. It's like no one understands the stress of not being able to find that one thing you really wanted to wear and it seems to not exist.

"You mean the top that I borrowed and told you I would bring over when we got ready together?" Ariel asks.

"I dislike you quite a bit." I reply sincerely.

"Love you too." She walks over to my closet that holds our costumes. She takes out the clothing and walks out and Maddi follows behind, leaving me with Alex.

"You can let go now." I pester and he releases me from his grip. He smiles at me and suddenly I felt like we were thirteen again. His smile is showcased as if the whole world was watching. His hair messy like he just woke up, slight curls all over the place. The way the light hits his face, making his eyes gleam ever so bright as he squints slightly and the skin on his temple crinkling slightly like it always has since we were five.

"Give me a break it's been a few weeks."
He defends, interrupting my reminiscing.

"How was your Nonna's?" I ask and he pulls me out of the large closet and into my bedroom, which has a fair amount of stuff in it. My black bralette and orange utility cargo pants with an eyelet belt with a chain in lying on the bed. There is a sparkly dark red cross top and a v cut lace up flare leg pants the same color. The costume next to it consists of blue and red short shorts, a white 'Daddy's little monster' with a red neckline, red and blue fingerless gloves and a 3/4 sleeve varsity jacket. The last outfit is a black button up shirt and plain black pants.

"Fine. She says hi." He says grabbing black and white body paint from the bag on my vanity table.

"What are you?" I tilt my head in confusion. He strolls over to me and walks right past me. I'm about to turn around but hands are placed on my hips.

"A skeleton. Ariel said she would the painting and shit but I would much rather you do it. " He nips on my neck, tickling me slightly. I stop giggling once his fingertips reach the end of my shirt. He gently slides his fingers over the end of my shirt before turning me around.

The thing about Alex is that he's one of those people that joke a lot. Taking stuff seriously isn't his thing. So when I see the serious look on his face, it startles me a bit.

I'm caught off guard when I feel lips against mine and me being pulled against him. There was so much passion covered question involved. What is he questioning. He bites down gently onto my bottom lip just as his hands slip under my shirt. A breathy moan slips from my mouth and he takes the opportunity to press his tongue into my mouth.

I hear the doorknob twist behind me and I pull away, my cheeks flaming.

The door opens and Ariel and Maddilyn walk in hold in holding two of my mothers robes.

"How did you get my mom's robe if she's in her room?" I ask.

"I didn't question you two, did I?"
I turn my head away and she hmph's. I stuck my middle finger up at her.

"Do you want to do the paint?" Ariel asks me and I respond almost immediately."No."

"Come with me." Maddilyn says grabbing my forearm and pulling me towards the bathroom.

"Can you curl the ends of my hair like you did for your party?" She asks looking at me through the mirror.

"Sure. what are you anyway?"

"Selena Quintanilla." She grins, shoving her hair behind her ear.

I hum in response and reach under the counter for the flat iron.

"So I've been meaning to ask you something." She starts staring at the ground.

"Shoot." I find the curling iron and place it on the counter, slowly unraveling the cord.

"Are you and Alex, like, together?" She mumbles.

"Nope. Why, do you like him?" I ask.

She frantically shakes her head."No, no nothing like that. I like someone else." She blushes and turns her face away.

"Do I know him?" I smile slowly at her and her face turns even darker red.

"Kinda." She squeaks and I giggle. Just then the door bursts open and an annoyed Ariel walks in.

"I'm finished with him. You can help him." She shoves the black body paint in my hands and glares behind me.

I turn around and Alex has two circles drawn around his eyes. I laugh a little before the glare of the two is directed at me.

I give in and follow Alex back into my room. He plops down onto my bed and I point to the black couch because no way am I painting on my white comforter. He stands before walking to the sofa, sitting down and keeping his gaze on the ground. I stand in front of him, sticking the brush into the paint.

"Why are you so quiet?" I press my finger under his chin as his head raises and I start painting.

"Just thinking." He speaks, his gaze finally lifting from the floor but not meeting my eyes just yet but running all over my face.

"Wow that's a first." He pinches my thigh and I squirm. I ruffle his hair in response and he chuckles gently. I continue painting his face and lean closer to get a better view of the details.

I take the brush over his nose, focusing on the smaller detail and ignoring the gaze drilling into my head. The intensity causes me too finally look up.

"Alex?" I speak slowly, he seems to snap out of his thoughts.

"Hmmm?" He hums. My eyes drop to his lips, his tongue darts out to wet them.

"What is-" His lips slam against mine and I stumble back as I'm caught off guard, placing the paint on the ground. I don't get far as he tugs me into his lap. His arms pull me impossibly closer as my chest meets his. Soft pants turn into rapid breathing as his tongue presses against mine before exploring my mouth.

His hands move from my waist down to my thighs that are currently straddling his waist. He grips my legs as he grinds his hips upward at a slow but strong pace. I roll my hips downward to meet his as my fingers get tangled in his hair. I pull gently just as his fingers press the inside of my thigh. Breathy moans come from both of us at that moment.

His lips rarely leave mine as my back hits the couch. My legs hang off as he settles himself on top of me but no real weight is on me. One hand slides under me, pressing against the small of my back. The quick movement tends to make it hot. He pulls back for a second, meeting my eyes. Heavy breathing from both of us are the only current sound I can focus on. One hand removes from his hair and grabs his jaw and pulls his face back down.

His hand slides down the side of my body, tugging at my shirt. I pull away from Alex to remove the clothing, before my lips meet his again. Everything was so desperate and rushed and my mind went blank. My free hand trails down the dried paint on his face and down his arms. When I get to his forearm, I squeeze before letting go. My hand meets his chest. I slide my hand south tantalizingly slow, earning a groan in my mouth.

I finally reach the end of his shirt and pull it over his head. The skin on skin contact clouds my mind. He pulls away goes straight for my neck, trailing light kisses from my jaw down. I thread my fingers through his hair once more as his hands squeeze my ass, making my press against him. His hand goes to the back of my knee, pulling it up slightly. He moans, his breath hitting my neck as my quiet groan rings in my ears. He peppers kisses on the outline of my bra before this registers in my brain.

HOLY SHIT, this is Alex.

Alex.

I jump up, pressing my hands against his bare chest as his back hits the other side of the couch. Our chests heaving as I regained my composure. I meet his gaze before we both turn to look away, the air increasingly tense.

"Well I think that would win an award for best dry humping considering we still have our pants on." I try to lighten the mood, turning to look at him but his face remains neutral. I sigh and reach forward grabbing my thin shirt off the floor. Pulling it over my head his eyes stay glued to me.

"I think I liked you better without the shirt." He nods toward my chest with a chuckle. I punch him in the arm before reaching to grab the paint on the floor, his laugh sobering.

I pause, looking at how messy his hair is now. I sit up, uncrossing my legs from under me and sitting on my knees as my hands push his hair back, fixing it. His hands go to my waist but I grab his wrists placing them in his lap.

"We are going to talk and you will keep your hands to yourself, ok?" I stern and he grunts in acknowledgement. I hum in response and start drawing details on his neck as I finished his face.

"What just happened?" I ask finishing the neck quickly since there was way less details and moving onto his chest.

"Something I wish to repeat." Alex smiles slightly and I glare. "Just not like that."

"Why did it happen?" I focus on painting as I ask questions.

"I don't know." He sighs, one hand running through his hair."It's like you were there but we weren't us. I didn't think of you as the person I've known forever. Shit, I didn't think at all."

We sit in silence for a moment as his words soak in.I grab his jaw, pecking his lips before letting go.

God, I'm so sex deprived.

"I'm sorry." He apologizes.

"Because it happened?"

"No, how it happened. I wasn't thinking nor was I fully present."

"Relax nothing really happened this time." I add because I can see him beating himself up.

"It could've."

"Not with them two in the bathroom if would've." I chuckle and he joins me.
As I get lower on his chest the laughter sobers. I look up to him just smiling.

"What?" I laugh and he does the same but his lasts longer.

"Remember when we were like 10 and Sophie was trying to teach us how to cook? You had that same look of determination on your face as you did then. Accept you didn't burn anything this time."

"Shut up." I groan recalling the memory.

"We were trying to make a cake for Ariels birthday and made the mistake of letting you help." He laughs and raises his hands in defense as I raise my fist to punch him.

"There was cake batter everywhere but the pan." I double over in laughter.

"And the little bit that did get in ended up being burned because you had the oven to high and time to long."

"We wouldn't even have gotten to the frosting anyway because your fatass kept eating it."

"I was not fat!" He defends laughing.

"Yea but along with your football career you ate ever fucking thing. Fuck that you still eat everything."

"Well it pulled off didn't it?" He gloats showcasing his painted chest.

"No Alex that was the time spent at the gym." I close the paint after finishing the painting.,

"Well no matter what it was, I think the result was pretty positive." He puts his elbows on the back of the couch and gestures at his abs. I snatch the shirt off the bed and throw it, landing on his face.

"Put a shirt on." I pull the hair tye from my hair and let the curls frame my face. I push the frizzy strands behind my ears.

"Hey, you did this," he defends slipping the button up over his shoulders, leaving it unbuttoned. I grabbed a pillow and threw it at his face.

I flip him off and head towards the bathroom, knocking before opening the door.

"Is it safe to dye your hair twice a month if one is only temporary?" Ariel asks spraying the ends of one of her ponytails cautiously with red temporary hair dye.

"I suggest you wash it out tomorrow." I tell her as walk in, immediately meeting my gaze in the mirror. I let out a sigh of relief knowing there is no hickeys on my neck.

"I think that's safest." Maddi stands next to her in the mirror, sticking a comb in the root of her hair, pulling slightly then repeating to add volume.

"Well I'm going to get my clothes." Maddi drops the comb on the sink.

"Give him a few seconds."I wince seeing the smirk on Ariels face. Maddilyn waits a minute before heading into my room.

"So..?" Ri presses.

"So how are you and Jake?"

"Fine. How are you and Alex?"

"Friends." I stop her now as I already see the fantasies going to far.

"Ok then what about Asher?" She asks.

"What about him?" My face contorts to confusion.

"Oh come on! You can't tell me you don't see it?"

"See what?"

"He likes you. Dals, when has Asher ever played party games or socialized by choice. He is basically as antisocial as they get. And do you really think that he would do a facemask in his own free will?" She adds.

I think about what she says and it kind of makes sense.

"Well...?" She huffs.

"Well....what?" I sigh.

"Adalia drop the bullshit. I know you like him too. Everyone sees it but you two." She pushes.

"So what!" I argued."I don't really care for relationships right now. They cause too much drama."

"Oh please. Jax was always going to be nothing but drama." She blurted, slapping her hand over her mouth. I glare harshly at her.

"Just let it go, ok? Leave it alone." I command and she rolls her eyes simultaneous to her hands raising in defense. I push the door open and grab my costume off the bed.

"You know you can't avoid it!" She yells behind me.

"I can try." I slam the door shut and start to get dressed. After undressing, the orange utility cargo pants go on first, hanging loosely on my hips. I place the belt on along with the chain. I slip the bralette on and look in the mirror. My bruise is completely faded. Baggy pants seem so hot to me for some reason.

I clip my hair back to focus on my face. Faded orange eyeshadow with eyeliner and  highlights in the corner of my eye. I add mascara and finish with a gloss.

I remove the clips and I spilt my hair in half. I take my front half and gel it into a half up half down style. I tie a bandana around the top ponytail and add curl defining gel, my hair reaching mid back.

I open the bathroom door to everyone in weird silence, Maddilyn trying to fill it every so often. I walk into my closet and grab my shoes. I slip on my black Nike socks and slip on the orange and black sneakers. I go over to my assortment of jewelry and pick out a trio diamond gold necklace and stud earrings.

I walk back into the room and it's much more talkative. So much talking that my parents will eventually have to tell us to quiet down!

Feel the sarcasm.

I sit on my bed and Ariel is looking at me through the mirror with a small glare. I glare back but it doesn't last long when all of a sudden our laugh fills the air.

"Hey that reminds me, how come I haven't been to your houses in a while?" I ask and Alex just shrugs. I turn my attention to Ariel who is doing her eyeliner with more focus than ever.

"One word. Eli."

"Oh right. But I haven't seen your parents in a while."

"Visit at your own risk." She warns.

"Who's Eli?" Maddilyn asks.

"Ariels 15 year old brother. He's had this obsession with A since he started liking girls." Alex fills her in.

"Are you ready to go yet?" I ask, taking my phone off the charger and slipping it into my pocket, zipping up.

"Just about, yea." Ariel puts away the makeup.

"Well than let's go."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 28.4K 59
[COMPLETED] _____________________________________________ "You're worth more than a fucking deal, Amara." __________________________________________...
780K 30.7K 80
I stood with my back to her, shielding her, and my murderous eyes stared down at the poor excuse of a man, promising unimaginable pain if he dared to...
390 38 22
Laura just moved to a new town after something bad happened at her old school. She knows that moving wouldn't do much. After all, people act the same...
207 20 21
"sometimes the secret we keep are the heaviest burdens we carry. SECRETS of pain, of struggle, of love and loss. But when we want the most closest pe...