RE: Summoned to the parallel...

Bởi Lerpa2k2

Overworking, underpaid, and frustrated. That is the definition of a certain person named Jack Cooper, an aver... Xem Thêm

Character Sheet Vol 1 W.I.P
Chapter 0: A life cut short
Chapter 1: The TITANFALL PLAYER SYSTEM
Chapter 2: Where I am.
Chapter 3: Anomaly at the Mountain
Chapter 4: A bad premonition
Chapter 5: Numb
Chapter 6: A morning of different perspectives
Chapter 7: A metallic abomination's descent
Chapter 8: Giants Clash
Chapter 9: The way of the sword titan
Chapter 10: Status Update
Chapter 12: Finally...Home
Chapter 13: Miruzo City...finally
Chapter 14: The maidens of the esteemed Quagmire Inn
Chapter 15: A pair of crimson redheads
Chapter 16: Adventurers' Guild registration
Chapter 17: One angry red head
Chapter 18: A very impossible feat
Chapter 19: The enslaved fairy
Chapter 20: The sweet release from her suffering and its adverse effect
Chapter 21: Cause of her suffering
Extra Chapter
Chapter 22: Despair and Hope
Chapter 23: A knight in shining armor?
Chapter 24: A fairy's friend
Chapter 25: The start of certain troubles
Extra Chapter : The fairy and the giant
Chapter 26: The prophecy...
Chapter 27: New stuffs, solo run
Chapter 28: My first solo dungeon dive
Chapter 29: Movements in the shadows
Chapter 30: Miasma Slime
Chapter 31: Man&Drones vs Slime
Chapter 32: Man&Titan vs 3 slimes
Chapter 33: The corrosive miasma slime's true form
Chapter 34: The winning move
Chapter 35: Boss's a pet
Chapter 36: Family
Chapter 37: Date?

Chapter 11: Reassurance

623 24 3
Bởi Lerpa2k2

*Chirp Chirp*

It was just an ordinary morning for a certain forest bird. Scouting for insects, worms, or perhaps small fish that would come to the riverside's shallow waters. It thought its life was as normal as it gets...until it saw a huge shadow that was approaching its location at a fast speed.

*Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud!*

*Shaaaaaaa!*

[Arriving at the next destination, Mantrel River] (Ronin) That figure just whizzed past the bird, and it was a huge metallic being that sprinted across with a speed of 80km/h. Dropping the worm it had on its beak, it was in a daze looking at the figure that was now becoming smaller as its distance becomes further.

================================================================================

For a practical person, not as a car person, but as a general person, what is important about a car? Top speed or acceleration? Well, for me, my answer would be that it should be something with two legs, metal in the body, and can wield a sword and a 3-barreled shotgun.

[Arriving at the next destination, Mantrel River] (Ronin) Its monotonous robotic voice resonated within the cockpit, the smooth and quick ride across this path along the Mantrel Riverside is the path Nene told us to follow as this will lead us into the first place for civilization before Miruzo City.

Tanya still at the usual spot, is just sitting on my lap looking at the screen with excited eyes.

[Wow!!!!! Mister Golem is going at speeds I can't imagine!!!!] (Tanya)

Well, no normal human can run at 80km/h unless you're Usain Bolt or someone with speed-enhancement shoes. Other than that, Ronin is leaving quite the size of footprints.

[Won't this cause trouble later on? Like rumors about a huge being walking or running within the vicinity of this forest?]

[Well, I bet something like that will come. However, there are always rumors about new kinds of stuff so we're just adding new ones to the current list ahahahaha] (Nene) I give up on becoming unnoticeable with this, with Ronin around, it is impossible to conceal the fact that it exists.

As for the hydra's remains and its entire corpse, I stored it over my INVENTORY...surprisingly it was able to take it all in without any problem, except of course as it is making me remind myself that my INVENTORY now has a huge dead ass monster corpse in it. Other than that, there is not much to discuss in this trip because only Tanya and Nene were awake during the entire run throughout the forest.

When talking about villages and towns, in the records even on Earth, especially during the medieval period, it is far common for people to settle down in places near bodies of flowing water such as a river or near the sea for they can hunt and cast lines for fishing. Trading too is also commonplace for towns and villages in that kind of place.

[Huh????? What do you mean you can sell the hydra corpse? No one could buy that thing you know?] (Nene) And here I am, asking her about ways of disposing of the corpse in my INVENTORY. All hope got shattered when she revealed that the guild in Miruzo City has no money capability of buying the entire corpse.

[If you want to sell it for money, you must learn first what are its most valued parts. For example its poison glands, the fire-producing organ, and the ice crystal found in its lungs. There's also its hide, the bones. Its meat is a total flop so it's thrown away, except, of course, you can give it to the people of the slums for free and they will accept it] (Nene)......I am completely unsure whether I should feed its meat to other people though considering how toxic its attack was in the first place.

There's also this, according to Nene, monsters are classified by a ranking system similar to how adventurers are ranked according to their strengths just like how it is in games and in light novels, god sure loves the D==>S rank system.

D, which is the weakest by far that even new adventurers can beat the shit out of it. S, of course, is the rank where monsters can wipe out an entire kingdom if left alone.

Ehem, now where were we again?

Ah right, just now a few green markers have now appeared within a 3-kilometer radius around us. 

[Carriages? Supposedly who in the world would be brave enough to use this road?] 

[Ah, that would be merchants who hired high-ranking adventurers for an escort mission. Did this guy sense some?] (Nene)

[Kind of, what do you think? Should we avoid them?] 

[Hm.........now that you asked it, we might get unwanted attention] (Nene) So it is kind of dangerous huh.....

[Set course of destination using off-the-road path] 

[Affirmative. Selecting a different route to take...Route marked in the map] (Ronin) A yellow line with an arrow appeared on my tactical map. Ronin then side-stepped out of the road and then took the off-road within the forest once again. 

As for what is needed to be put in mind, for now, that would be how to enter the city. How do I conceal Ronin's existence when he is just utterly humongous? 

[Wait...couldn't you just store it just like how you stored the Hydra???] (Nene)

[Right? Big brother made the bad monster vanish with a single spell!] (Tanya)

[....Space magic? Huh?] (Rikka)

Well...................................... I did not think of that, at least they were here to give me suggestions. 

I can just store Ronin, but the thought of that gives me mixed feelings about it getting mixed in with the remains of the hydra. 

[Fine, I guess that can do] I sighed inwardly. 

Ronin traversed the forest pass with ease, more than what I can imagine, it then starts to run in a sprinting manner befitting for its light frame. The sun was up, and the skies were clear. Clouds were occasionally floating still in the clear blue sky, and the migratory birds from Minstral Lake flew over in a V-formation.

[Wow!!!!] (Tanya) Of course, the girl who was always mesmerized by the colors of the birds called Minstral Bird, Tanya, leaned in towards the screen to look at the birds in the distance. Haaaah. If only I was this happy in my childhood days......maybe I wouldn't have ended up in a bad working environment....wait...why am I reminiscing again?

[Jack, we're near the village of Fors. I think we should avoid going there for now since the people there seem shady....] (Nene)

[Right? A lot of them seem so] (Rikka)

[The innkeeper there after all sold us to those men] (Ema) 

[...........................] I have no comment, but wow, if the girls say that it is a must avoided place then I can only comply.

[So we're going straight to Miruzo City to report this incident?]

[Yes, it is a must so that their wrongdoings would go to light] (Nene) Not just her, but everyone looked at me. 

[Fine, I'd rather bring you there myself anyway, otherwise, things might just repeat again] I reassured myself, nothing bad will ever happen again now that I am here.

Henceforth, Ronin was now openhandedly as it sprinted across the forest without any problem.

====================

AN

This is just too short.

Been busy these days, bye!

I shall return!!!!

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

259K 8.6K 35
"Is there a Annabella on there " "Yeah Boss but she aint your type , she is a fat one...." "She is my fucking type i want her ....How much? "25,000 "...
114K 4.9K 64
Who would've know that Call of Duty Zombies, YouTubers, and reality, don't mix well together. I figured this out as soon as the apocalypse hit. My n...
175K 6.8K 74
The demon - he only liked one thing shedding blood of people, enjoying to make them suffer. Enjoying to see them dead but until he meet this girl. So...
138K 9.6K 46
Enemies-to-lovers * Bickering/bantering Boss/employee * Romantic comedy with a HEA He says I'm a hemorrhoid and a massive dark cloud without a silver...