romance is not dead // bbangs...

By k1mmin

Hanni just moved back to Seoul with her bestfriend Danielle. What awaits her in her college life? or may I sa... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20

Chapter 16...

2K 137 57
By k1mmin

Hanni's POV

It's almost 7PM, Minji and I are still in 722. I think we have to pack up soon since it's getting late, but heaven knows I don't want to go home and be away from her godful presence yet.

"You want to pack up and come by our place?" I raise a proposition to Minji. "Let's get dinner together." I add.

Minji looks over at me with a smug smile. "Hmm. Idk, I'll think about it." she raises her shoulders, teasing me, again.

"If you don't answer me properly, I'll kick your ass Minji." I cross my arms as I side eye her.

"Minji? Not my name!" She looks away from me and crossed her arms just like I did. What does she mean by that?

"What?" She's not Minji? She definitely is. My eyebrows cross trying to figure out what the hell she means.

Minji continued to look away and ignored my question.

"So do you want to come over and eat dinner?" I wave my hand right on her face as I give her an inviting smile.

She's still ignoring me. Name?

"Hey Jiji."

Minji finally looks over at me and gives me a nod. "There. You got it!"

I tried to give her an annoyed look but I can't help but smile at how cute she's acting right now. I cant believe she's demanding me to call her Jiji. She's such a weirdo but... she's my weirdo. kidding why the hell did I think that, apologies.

"You're the only one who calls me that you know?" Minji smiles at me, her eyes glistening. "I like it." she adds. Why is she being so flirty? I might punch myself from the way she's acting, I'm getting shivers from the butterflies. And Jiji is supposed to be my special nickname for her anyways.

"Okay? Dinner at our apartment? Yes or no?" I transfer back to my question, we really have to get going.

Minji just gives me a big nod with a big smile. She looks like a cute puppy.

—————————————

Minji and I decided to go and grab takeouts from a chicken restaurant near 722, it's faster than having to get food delivered to our place, it didn't take a while since there wasn't any line.

It's already 7PM and we're driving our way back to the apartment, it started raining and the temperature in the car is getting colder. When we were met by the stoplight, I clicked on my car center screen to scroll through a song that matches the melancholic weather, there. I pressed on the song I liked.

Now Playing
Tree - Car, the garden.

"Do you have an umbrella?" Minji asks as the rain stars pouring, you can hear the raindrops tap on the roof of the car.

"I think so, somewhere at the back probably." I'm not sure I might have brought it upstairs in my room, but I'll just check later.

"I have one but it's small, it might not fit the both of us." Minji rambles down her bag and pulls out her cute bear umbrella.

"Oh no, what ever will we do!" I say in a sarcastic tone.

"I'm being serious what if we get wet." Minji says worryingly. I mean what's so wrong about getting a little wet from the rain?

"Don't you want to shower and bask in the cold rain?" I ask her.

"Not really." Minji answers. I can't tell what her expression is since my eyes are still locked on the road. I have to drive a little slower too since it's raining.

"Booooring!" I shout while driving. Seriously, isn't it fun to shower in the rain?

"That's going to be a mess, you have to dry your clothes, and then you have to mop the flo-"

"Okay!!!! Fine. I get it." I cut her rain slander. We just have to set aside our differences with this one.

I continued to drive home, the rain is getting stronger and it's getting harder to see the road. It's getting really chilly inside the car too.

"We can take a stop by the side first, the road is barely visible." Minji utters as I drive, were around 2-3km away from my apartment so we're not too far off.

I still agreed to what Minji said and parked by the nearest gas station. She said that we should better be safe than sorry.

I'm freezing due to the weather, I told Minji that I'll turn my car's AC down since it's already pretty cold. I put my hands together and rubbed them to feel some warmth.

Before I knew it, Minji reached on to my seat and took my hands from me. She held my hand between hers and as she started rubbing our palms together. I felt my heart flutter, my mind was too slow that I couldn't react from the surprise. I looked up at her and her eyes were focused on our hands, trying to keep mine warm.

Her hands were so soft, and compared to mine, hers was warm. I saw a curve form by her lips while she caressed the palm of my hands somehow almost intertwining our fingers together. "You're hands are really cold." Minji utters.

She finally looks up at me with a smirk. My heart skipped a beat and I immediately pulled my hands from her clasp. I faced the car's front as I feel my blood rush to my face. I fixed my bangs trying to act cool. Kim Minji what are you doing to me. "I'm fine, my hands just gets cold easily."

I hear Minji chuckle at my side. "just wanted to help!"

I transfer my gaze on to her and gave her a thumbs up with an awkward smile. "Thanks."

The rain wasn't as strong as it was a couple minutes ago so I started the car and headed driving back home. It didn't take long 'til we arrived, my next problem is that my umbrella was not in my backseat.

"Let's just try to fit in here?" Minji raises her cute bear umbrella again.

She opens the car door and headed to fetch me at the other side. She looks so adorable as she circles around in front of the car. I open my car door when she stood in front with her umbrella.

The umbrella covered us from the rain but our faces stood close just to fit both of us together.

"Hey."  The moment I stood up Minji greets me with a smile plastered on her face

"Hey." I reply back.

She closed my car door as we head to my apartment's gate. Our bodies were so close to one another I can smell her from where I was standing.

———————————————

We finished eating with Dani and she already went back to her room, Minji and I are left in the living room, I just finished washing the dishes.

Its still raining pretty hard and I'm not sure how Minji's going home. I'm a bit worried if she'll be home safely, maybe I should've just brought her home when we were driving.

"Are you just going to book an uber?" I ask the girl sitting by our couch.

"Yeah, I'll just wait for the rain to stop or weaken atleast." Minji answers.

"You can stay the night, if you want. I have clothes you can borrow. It's worrying for you to leave with the weathers state." I offer Minji.

"I'll text my mom first." Minji smiles back at me.

"Okay just let me know!"

I cleaned up our kitchen little bit more, I put the dining mats in the closet, and kept the leftover chicken in the fridge. I looked over at Minji who was busy doing something on her phone, I walked up to her. I sat down the couch and placed my head by her shoulder.

I saw her get surprised after resting my head down. "What's with the grumpy face?" I ask.

"No, I was just fixing my schedule for tomorrow since I'm staying the night here." Minji answers.

I jolted from my position and went to sit up and face her. "You're sleeping over?" A win is a win guys. I can't hide my happiness from the thought that I'll be spending more time with Minji. I just miss her all the time.

"I figured it would be easier than having to book an Uber to campus and drive myself home." Minji explains.

"To campus?" I ask her with confusion in my tone.

"My car's in campus." Minji scratches her head and gives me an awkward smile. She has her car in campus? Why didn't she mention that.

"Huh? Then why did you agree to go here still?"

"I dont know, I guess I just wanted to spend some time with you."

I tried hard to hide the smile on my face as I furrowed my brows at her. "Okay? Weirdo."

I stood up without saying anything else and went into my room to get Minji some night clothes she can change in. Hmm. Maybe I should just lend her my big shirt and some lounge pants

I walked out my room waving the clothes I got her, "Night cloooothes!" She was just waiting by the couch like a little puppy. I handed her the clothes along with a towel.

"Thank you Han." She smiles at me. I pointed her way to the common bathroom.

"Just knock on my room once you're done, my bed's a double so we can fit there." I gave her a thumbs up and pushed her to the direction of the bathroom.

"Got it!" Minji shouts as she runs to the bathroom door.

————————————————

I took a super quick shower and I fixed my room a little since I don't want to let Minji in here when its looking like a hot mess, I just organized my shelf, folders, and dusted off my desk. I try to keep my room tidy at all times but I'm human too, there are times that I don't get to put the things at the right place immediately.

After a while I finally hear a knock on my door, I didn't know she takes such long showers. I let Minji in and she immediately observes my room. On a second thought, I've never let her in here despite her multiple visits in our apartment.

"This is my room! Tada!" I give her a welcoming cheer as she enters my floor.

"You play the uke?" Minji forwards to the side of my bed pointing down to my ukelele.

"Just a little hobby." I answer her.

"Can you play me a song?" Minji turns back to me holding the ukelele in her hands.

"No." I quickly answer.

"You're being real rude to your guest right now." Minji puts her hand on her waist. "C'mon just one song." She adds.

I took the ukelele from her hands and plopped myself by the end of my bed.

"Okay just a short chorus. Jeez!" I started strumming the ukelele in the tune of Dodie Clark's - Would You Be So Kind.

(Hanni Singing)

♪ I have a question might seem strange
How are your lungs? Are they in pain? ♪

I looked up at Minji as I was singing and she was looking at me with a smile as she swings her head along with the ukelele's strum.

♪ Oh would you be so kind
As to fall in love with me?
You see, Im trying ♪

I bow my head down looking at the strings of my uke. Avoiding to make eye contact to not show meaning from the way I feel with the song's lyrics

♪ I know you know that I like you
But that's not enough
So if you will
Please fall in love ♪

She found herself a seat beside me. Do you know? Do have any idea about what I feel Jiji? I can feel her gaze on mine but I can't bear to look at her direction.

♪ I think it's only fair
Theres gotta be some butterflies somewhere (wanna share?)
'Cause I like you but thats not enough
so if you will
Please fall in love with me. ♪

I strummed the last chord of the song's tune and before I could look back up at her Minji cupped my face and planted her lips on mine.

I froze at first, it was enchanting to feel her breath beneath my nose but the moment I gained enough consciousness I closed my eyes and let my lips answer back.

It was a soft peck at first but she continued to nibble on my lip. The kiss was slow and gentle but I can feel our desire for each other with how the rhythm of our lips was moving. Yearning for one another's taste. I engulfed on the melting feeling I was having in my core. Her lips were soft, almost silken, and it's so warm against mine. I feel a burning feeling on my chest as she rubs her fingers through my hair leaving trails of shock through my body. I grabbed her face deepening the kiss. Minji pulls me closer to her, I start to smell the shampoo on her hair, and the minty taste on her tongue. It was dizzying.

I slowly parted our lips away to catch my breath. Trying to process what's happening. I haven't opened my eyes but I planted my forehead against hers. I can hear us both catching our breaths.

"I've been wanting to do that." Minji finally breaks the silence between us.

I just chuckled. "Took you long enough."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.7K 1.5K 29
As a foreign university student in Korea, somehow Haerin met her idol - Danielle Marsh. Thought it would be the last time, but something was so stran...
21K 920 17
In a school full of attractive people, Minji suddenly find herself choosing between 2 girls. Hanni and Haerin. Who will she choose? A love triangle b...
13.2K 1.4K 24
High school reunion turned in to a love reunion for two ex lovers. Hanni will have to make the decision of going back to her ex or not. (G!P)
3K 186 7
(Idol AU) Throughout your whole life, all you've ever done was contained in a small town in South Korea. You were perfectly fine with everything that...