His Smile

By khrisadom

Ashley Canton has always been the shy, timid, introverted girl, who tries as much as possible to stay out of... More

Introduction
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
CHAPTER 55
CHAPTER 56
CHAPTER 57
CHAPTER 58
CHAPTER 59
CHAPTER 60
CHAPTER 61
CHAPTER 62
CHAPTER 63
CHAPTER 64
CHAPTER 65
CHAPTER 66
Q n A
New story Alert!
Decision time

CHAPTER 37

246 19 13
By khrisadom

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending- Carl Bard

Cam's POV

Gosh! My head hurts. Ouch! Why does it feel like a hammer has constantly been used to hit my head? And why do I feel so nauseous? I feel like vomiting. Opening my eyes, I tried to adjust it to my surroundings yet everywhere was dark. The nauseousness knocks me harder this time and I rush out of bed, forgetting all about my headache. I cover my lips with my hands and rush to where I can detect a washroom. I open the door with so much force and enter, I open the lid of the WC and vomit into it. After several minutes of throwing up everything in my tummy, I walk towards the bed to find Lucas awake and sitting, lights on. I guess I made noise for him to have woken up.

Once his eyes meet mine, he rushes out of bed and comes to me.

"What's wrong?" He asks.

"I don't know, my head aches so bad."

"You're hangover."

"Hang what?" I almost yell from confusion.

Ignoring my confused stare, "Come." He helps me to the bed and makes sure I lay in it, my upper body inclined towards the headboard. "I'll be right back." He says and leaves the room, only for him to come back after just a few minutes holding a glass of water and medicine tablets.

"Here, take." He hands them over to me. "it'll help with the headaches." I grab it from his hands and consume it.

"Thanks," I say after downing them in a go. "Can I take a shower? I feel like I need it." I say after a while.

He looks at me keenly, "Sure!"

I get down from the bed, "Thanks once again."

"Pleasure's all mine." He says before climbing into the bed.

I wondered what I was doing in his bed. And he said I was hungover, does that mean I was drunk yesterday? If I was, how come? I don't remember anything. I hope I didn't embarrass myself like drunk people do. Geez!

Third Person's POV

Lucas wakes up for the second time that morning just to find himself in bed, alone. There was no sight of Cam. He quite remembers the last thing before he fell asleep again was of Cam asking to use his shower, of him agreeing, and of him trying to keep his eyes open whilst she kept so long in the shower. He looks at his nightstand and realizes that the purse that he kept there is no longer there.

Could she have left?

He picks up his phone.

09: 01 am. The time says.

He sees a message notification on his screen. He unlocks the phone to realize it was from her.

"I left. I came out of the shower to see you asleep. Thanks. Don't worry I'm safely tucked in my bed."- 05: 59am.

"Okay. I'm glad you're safe." He replies to her text.

-

A reply doesn't come immediately as he anticipated. The time that it came, it was later in the day.

"Thanks once again." -Cam

"You're welcome. Are you doing anything right now?"- Lucas

"Yeah! Texting you."- Cam

"Haha. Twenty questions, would you like to play?"-Lucas

"Sure but what are we, twelve?"- Cam

"Maybe."- Lucas

"You're funny."

"I am."-L

"Cocky much."

"Can't help it."-L

"Before we start, for your information, I don't like blondes."

"And you're not pretty. That would be a complete lie."-L

"I'm serious. I don't date blondes."

"Why?"-L

"Personal grudge."

"My bad then."-L

"Twenty questions. Start."

"Who's your favorite person?"-L

"Do you need to ask? It's Ashley."

"Guessed it right. Your turn."-L

"Same question for you."

"Would it sound corny, if I said it was you?"-L

"So so...your turn."

"What's your favorite color?"-L

"Brown."

"Haha.... is it because you love chocolate so much?"-L

"Well, you can say that. My turn. How old is your girlfriend?"

"Don't have one."-L

"Lies! You probably had a girlfriend before coming here, didn't you?"

"Are you drunk asking me this?"-L

"No why?"

"I never pecked as the inquisitive type. Not to be offensive. I feel like on a normal sunny rainbow-ishy day you wouldn't ask me a question like this."- L

"Helloooo, it's twenty questions. I'm allowed to ask. No offense taken. Being inquisitive is not a crime."

"Do you want to be her?"-L

"Who?"

"My girlfriend."-L

"In your dreams."

"Touche', that hurts."-L

"Talk to you, later."

"Okay, Princess Amy."-L

"Princess! Again?"

"Are you in the mood to argue with me about this?"-L

"Definitely not. It won't end in my favor anyway."

***

Ashley was downstairs with the boys when her phone started ringing. And the caller ID? 'Beautiful blue.' She had changed his name to that when she realized that it was a description that fitted him perfectly.

Slightly getting nervous and wondering why he's calling her, when he's never called before, she excuses herself and heads for her room. What she didn't know is that it took him a whole lot of chiding himself and courage to be able to call her. He had tried to abort that thought beforehand but it didn't work because deep down he wanted to hear her voice. It took him a whole lot of deal to finally do it.

She answers it once she gets to her room.

"Hey!" She says out of breath.

"Hey! How are you doing? Are you still hangover?"

"Wait! How did you know?" She wonders.

He chuckles over the phone and she raises her brows in confusion as reality dawns on her, "You were the one who brought us home, isn't it?"

"Was it me? I didn't know!" He exclaims a hint of playfulness in his tone.

At one point, she was confused but then she realized that he was just pulling her legs, "Gray!" She scolds and he bursts out laughing on the phone.

"I was just kidding." He says laughter still evident in his tone and she couldn't help but smile.

She batts her lashes as she plays with the hem of her dress, "Thanks for bringing Cam and I to my house. We appreciate it."

At his end, he smiles satisfactorily, "You're more than welcome."

"And to answer your question, I still have a slight headache but it's better than it was when I woke up." She says.

"I'm glad it's better."

"You know?!, this is my first hangover." She admits to him. She didn't know why, she just felt like.

"Really?!" He asks surprised, "That means you've never gotten drunk before, this is your first."

"Exactly! Why, do you drink?"

He shakes his head, even when she wouldn't be able to see it. "No, I don't! But I've gotten drunk before and may I tell you, It wasn't an interesting experience for me. I've gotten myself drunk, a couple number of times, though. Just a few times."

"What led you to drink?" She asks, curiosity getting a better part of her.

"I was curious to know what it felt like to drink the first time."

"And the other times?" She hesitantly asks, she doesn't want to pry.

He paused for a few seconds and she regretted asking, it was obvious he was reluctant, "That was for a different reason." He states.

"That you're not willing to talk about?" She states the obvious.

"Kind of."

"I totally understand."

"Yeah! Gotta go. I think my Dad's calling me."

"Okay, sure!"

"Talk to you later." He says before ending the call.

******

 Hey!!

Remember to tap on that star below your screens at the end of the story to vote.

I love you guys to the moon and back! Have a wonderful Christmas celebration.

 And comment. It motivates me to bring you more. We're in this together.

If you really love this chapter, share it with your friends. Show some love!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

308K 9.1K 61
"I wouldn't mind watching you. Maybe we could tan together this summer." He suggested. "Without having tan lines." I could feel the smirk playing on...
9.3K 1.5K 31
Book 1 of The Flaw Series. You can't scream at the world and expect the world not to scream back. Via is the type of girl who loves to live in it w...
15.2M 303K 77
| Highest ranking : #3 in Teen Fiction | | Highest ranking : #20 in Romance | | Highest ranking : #1 in Teen Romance | (Undeniably in love with the b...
202K 4.5K 14
[BXB] "You know Luke the more you stutter the cuter you get" And that was the very moment I broke, his emerald eyes burning into me as I folded, his...