Avenging Love [Volume-I]

By blackxoxorose

BOOK 1 in AVENGING LOVE SERIES ******* She's a girl full of confidence and resentment toward the bad. She me... More

COMING SOON !
Cast !
Author's Note
Playlist
Aesthetics
New Covers
Character Accounts!
Dedication
Prologue
Chapter - 1
Chapter - 2
Chapter - 3
Chapter - 4
Chapter - 5
Chapter - 6
Chapter - 7
Chapter - 8
Chapter - 9
Chapter - 10
Chapter - 11
Chapter - 12
Chapter - 13
Chapter - 14
Chapter - 15
Chapter - 16
Chapter - 17
Chapter - 18
Chapter - 19
Chapter - 20
Chapter - 22
Chapter - 23
Chapter - 24
Chapter - 25
Chapter - 26
Chapter - 27
Chapter - 28
Chapter - 29
Chapter - 30
Chapter - 31
Chapter - 32
Chapter - 33
Chapter - 34
Chapter - 35
Chapter - 36
Chapter - 37
Chapter - 38
Chapter - 39
Chapter - 40
Chapter - 41
Chapter - 42
Chapter - 43
Chapter - 44
Chapter - 45
Chapter - 46
Chapter - 47
Chapter - 48
Chapter - 49
Chapter - 50
Chapter - 51
Chapter - 52
Chapter - 53
Epilogue
Acknowledgement
Announcement
Notice

Chapter - 21

76 12 0
By blackxoxorose

We finished our breakfast and Gabriel dropped me at my place so that I could get ready for the last day of the competition, after I thanked him for everything he did.

Luckily my parents weren't home so I used my copy of key to get into the house. And I'm glad for their absence because I have no clue how I would've faced them, there is no doubt mom might have noticed the sour mood and distress, I am in.

I enter my room and get ready for school, keeping my sports outfit in my bag. While wearing my watch and ring, I notice a note kept on my table in mum's handwriting.

I pick it up and read, "My beautiful Ahana, we are sorry for not being able to wish you luck for today, in person. But we pray and wish for your win in today's race with all our hearts. With love, mum and dad."

I even come to realise that there is a text from Ava, wishing me all the luck and sending love.

The love in the note and the message makes me cry and I am glad there is no one to witness the breakdown and how weak I am.

After collecting myself, I promise to try and win the race today for my parents and Ava. And so, I lock up and leave for school.

*****

I stroll my way to the race track after giving myself the very necessary pep talk. I haven't seen any of my friends yet, neither Gabriel nor that dirt bag Cameron, which is honestly more than fine by me. I just have to get through this day.

When I reach the bleachers, I do find all my friends there waiting for me.

"Hey Ahana.", says everyone and "Hey pretty face.", is Liam's greeting obviously.

"Hi", I reply as I reach up to them with a little hand wave.

"Don't worry pretty face. You're gonna rock the world and win this race.", encourages Liam resting his hand on my shoulders, which I find adorable as if it's become our thing. But unintentionally, I flinch and he notices that so, he asks me, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, absolutely. I am...I am fine.", I lie and hope that they don't question me further. And I am glad when they don't.

Even though I know that nothing actually happened. I am still repulsed by the idea of someone suddenly touching me.

"Yes, for once Liam's right. You're gonna crush it.", are Kylie's words. And as she says those, Liam gives a mock punch to her arm, laughing.

"Heyy haha".

"What...it's true. You're rarely ever right.", Kylie teases him

"Shut it you two. Good luck, Ahana. You are going to be great on the track.", Sierra says while clapping her hands a little.

"Good luck, Ahana.", even Fernando wishes me.

"Thank you so much you guys. You have no clue how much I needed this.", I say getting a little emotional from everything weighing on me.

"Of course. We're always here.", Liam consoles, side-hugging me.

"Oh look, they are both here too.", Sierra points out to Gabriel and Connor who are walking toward us.

Gabriel's green eyes slid to my brown ones. And it's like a dormant static charge coming to life. I can't not look him in the eyes so, I don't take my eyes off his. Neither does he. They are so damn intense, making me hotter than usual.

"Break a leg, Ahana.", wishes Connor when they reach me.

"Thanks, Connor."

"Don't seriously break a leg though.", he reverts making everyone laugh. But I still can't look away from Gabriel.

"Go win.", Gabriel says so that only I can hear. And for a second, I can't really process that he said anything to me. As he looks into my eyes it's like we share a secret, communicating through our eyes in a language even I hardly understand. A secret no one is privy to. A secret of how he was there for me yesterday. A person I'd least expect.

Even though what he did about the whole kiss fiasco is still wrong. I can't help and be grateful to him for saving my honor, literally.

I give a subtle nod to him, silently thanking him and make my way to the field.

Scoping out the competition, I get settled on my spot and shake my head clear of all the thoughts and memories to focus on winning, for my parents, for my sister, for me.

I tone everything out the teachers say and just wait for the whistle to blow. I can feel the adrenaline coursing through my veins as I wait for my green light.

And my feet take off like my butt is on fire when I hear the blow of the whistle. I run with everything that I am. I put all my rage, the pent-up anger, the frustration, the pain and the itch to win into running.

The wind blows past my face violently due the speed at which I'm running. I can see the others who are behind me from my peripheral vision and also that one girl who is ahead of me speeding to the finish line. I can feel that she is going to win. And that doesn't settle well with me.

The thought of losing reminds me of how disappointed my parents and sister would be even though they won't say it. I can feel how Cameron might laugh in my face and call me a loser. That thought propels me further and I pick up speed with a scream. One foot in front of the other, one at a time.

I can hear the cheering of my friends as I run past that girl and I know that Gabriel is watching me, I can feel it. It's like his gaze is burning down my neck. At the thought of Gabriel, I'm reminded of his words, Go win. So, that's exactly what I do and finish the 400-m race first.

And just as I run through the ribbon, I see Gabriel and the others coming my way. And I am so happy that with the adrenaline rushing through me. I run towards Gabriel with a smile I can feel on my face and jumping, I hug him like a koala.

"Oh my God. I did it, Gabriel. I won", I say pantingly into his ears as he looks at me in the eyes with a grin on his face.

"I know you did, bombshell.", he says holding me tightly and laughing I bury my face in his neck and hear him say.

"You won."

After practically inhaling his spicy scent, I realised where did I parallel park my ass. And he must have sensed the second my body tensed, because he let me down as I slowly slide against his body, chest to chest, stomach to stomach, thighs to thighs. Goddamn!

And I was glad that I was spared the awkward explaining to him because my friends found me and captured me in a group hug while continuously congratulating me. And I notice when he quietly slips away from us probably feeling just as awkward if not more.

Even though I try to enjoy my friends' embrace and them congratulating me, I still feel an itch to make some distance from them and that thought makes me feel guilty. But my internal turmoil is much more so, I extricate myself and make the excuse of having to change my outfit to get away from them.

*****

As I am in the girls' locker room, I find myself mulling over the fact that I literally jumped Gabriel's bones when I can't even act unaffected by the thought of someone touching me, not even my friends, who I know won't harm me.

So, why on earth did I pounce on Gabriel. Oh my God, this is too much.

Yes, I know. It just must be the neural reaction my brain is having due to the fact that he rescued me. And now my brain is just transferring and processing such feelings into me. It is definitely confusing gratefulness for something it isn't. Yes. That's it. I figured it out!

And so now I can stop thinking about how tall he is, how muscular he is, and how spicy does he freaking smell.

On that note, changing into casuals, I make my way to where my friends are.

I need to get a grip.

*******

A/N

Hey Readers!

Hope you're doing amazing and having as much fun reading this story as  I am having writing it.

So, please do not forget to share your reviews and how you feel about the story and the characters.

Also, I am having my semester end exams so I will be a little inconsistent with the updates. I hope you understand that. Wish me luck!

One more important thing. Actually, I was thinking that maybe I should create a trailer for this book. But the thing is I am not tech savvy and I have no clue where to start. So, if any of you guys can help me make it, I will really appreciate it. Also, I do not earn right now, so I am lacking in the cash department. All I can do for someone who helps me is mention them in the story and give them their due credit. Thank you all!

Share, vote and comment!

Happy reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 94 44
We all grew up ready books where the innocent sweet naive girl falls for the troubled boy with a dark a dark past. We grew up rooting for the girl to...
9.1K 1.5K 31
Book 1 of The Flaw Series. You can't scream at the world and expect the world not to scream back. Via is the type of girl who loves to live in it w...
1.1M 31.7K 34
Emma also known as "panther" is the best street fighter in her state and it doesn't help having a abusive dad. But she is also her schools biggest ne...
831K 24.5K 68
"He's lucky I let him live!" He kicks the chair he was sitting on, "I can't stand the thought of anyone hurting you." He takes slow steady steps towa...