The Marriage Contract

Unspokenlove12 द्वारा

Dr Abhimanyu Birla is being considered to become the CEO of Birla Hospital but his anger issues and his playb... अधिक

1 - Troublemaker
2 - Broke
3 - No Money, All The Problems
4 - Ultimatums
5 - The Marriage Contract
6 - Dress Rehersal
7 - First Date
8 - Daddy Issues and Skinny Muses
9 - Infamous Birla and His Mystery Girl
10 - Its Raining Cats and Dogs
11 - A Hero, A Heroine and A Villian Too
12 - Just Like The Movies
13 - Fools in Love
14 - The Marriage of Dr. Abhimanyu Birla
15 - I Now Pronounce You Husband and Wife
16 - Heads is Me, Tails is Not You
17 - Manwhore with Morals
18 - Dreaming of Reality
19 - The (Ration)al Dilemma
20 - Playboy Goes To Work
22 - Takeout Not Allowed
23 - So Many Damned Pillows
24 - The Wanton and The Violated
25 - Team No Sleep
26 - Camping Companions
27 - Some more S'mores Please
28 - Stormy Night Sleepover
29 - Gallivanting Around Town
30 - To Trust is To Honour
31 - A Complicated Affair
32 - Mr and Mrs Birla
33 - Risky Moves and Dancing Grooves
34 - Bidding on Mine
35 - Tug-O-Feelings
36 - A Wife Scorned
37 - Against His Will
38 - Food Over Flowers
39 - My First Kiss
40 - My First Mistake
41 - Do You Want Me?
42 - Blowing off Some Steam
43 - Coming to a Standstill
44 - Living In The Present
45 - Let's Play a Game
46 - Ice Cream Topped with 20 Questions
47 - The Good News
48 - First Day at Work
49 - Strip Tease
50 - Fits and Fitting Rooms
51 - Stepping into Paradise
52 - Pools and Plans
53 - Surprises and Dares
54 - Snorkerling and Solace
55 - Weddings and Old Flames
56 - Dry Spell
57 - Sticking Together
58 - Wedding Vows
59 - Secrets
60 - Reality Check
61 - Love Lorn
62 - Painting
63 - A Curve Ball
64 - Heartbreak and Hurt
65 - I Trust You as Much as I Love You, To Infinity
66 - The Trap
67 - Super Secret Spy
68 - Sweet Revenge
69 - A Storm Brewing
70 - The Contractual Obligations
71 - Gold Digger
72 - What's Mine is Yours
73 - Allergies or Afraid?
74 - Puppy Love
75 - A Slight Shift in Paradox
76 - Familar Faces
77 - My Guardian Angel
78 - Father and Son
79 - Dysfunctional Families
80 - All is Well
Epilogue - 3 Years Later

21 - It's Not Just Yours, It's Ours

3.2K 263 38
Unspokenlove12 द्वारा

Akshara heard the front door slam shut and felt the loud banging of a man's footsteps against the hard stone floor making her aware the her dear husband had finally managed to find his way home. She felt the rush of his presence around her as he moved past the kitchen where she was busy cooking to go to their bedroom.

Akshara paused chopping the green bell peppers, "Well, good evening to you too," she mumbled to no one in particular.

Just then she heard a loud bang of a door closing and the sound of the shower turning on. Raising her eyebrows, frowning at the sudden urgency in Abhimanyu's demeanor, she deduced that husband dearest was either having his time of the month or he had a bad day at work.

Feeling it was none of her business to interfere in Abhimanyu's matters, she acknowledged she was better off not wasting her time trying to understand that puzzling man. And so she went back to focusing on chopping the remainder of her bell peppers.

After it had been a couple of minutes, she heard the shower turn off. Akshara had finished sautéing the bell peppers, onions, and mushrooms and just about had finished adding in the cheese cubes when she heard the sweet, sweet sound of her husband's voice.

"WHAT THE FUCK?!"

"Ah, and there it is." She smiled to herself, fully prepared to go to battle.

"AKSHARA!" Abhimanyu's voice boomed across the apartment making Akshara roll her eyes.

"Yes, I'm here!" She chirped, cool as a cucumber. Silently enjoying her raging husband. "What's caught your panties in such a twist?" She teased, wiping her hands on the apron she was wearing, walking towards their bedroom.

Except the sight of what she witnessed in the room caught her off guard —enough to faint.

"What the —" Akshara stopped her words midway as she clasped one hand over her mouth in order to muffle her laughter.

In front of her eyes stood Abhimanyu, wearing a pair of sweatpants, his hair damp from the shower, looking miffed as he had one arm slinging through the neck hole of her cotton shirt. A shirt of hers which looked no less than a handkerchief trying to cover his hard, abs-olutely chiseled body. Her eyes roamed down to his sweatpants and then to the outline of the large bulge which he carried.

What? She was a girl. How could she not notice a hot man when he stood right in front of her? And Abhimanyu Birla was an exceptionally hot man.

"What are you wearing?" Akshara questioned, unable to stop herself from laughing.

"What do you think I'm wearing? Where the fuck are my clothes?! What the fuck is this?!" Abhimanyu shouted, bewildered.

Akshara controlled her laughter, clearing her throat before answering him. "Calm down, Dr. Banner. No need to go all Hulk on me." Akshara paused, amused by her own words. "Wow! What apt comparison. Good job, Akshara." She patted herself on the back, feeling proud.

"Have you ever gotten yourself seen by a psychologist? If you haven't then you should. I highly recommend it. Perhaps they could be able to answer why only you find your stupid dumb comparisons to be funny."

"Don't be jealous. You'll learn to make good jokes one day too." Akshara replied back, mockingly, earning a glare from Abhimanyu.

"Akshara, I'm going to ask you again. What the fuck is this?" He asked, circling back to their original topic of discussion.

"It's my shirt." She answered, catching a hold of her lewd thoughts and bringing her back to reality.

"No shit, Sherlock." Abhimanyu responded, miffed and trying his best to not end up in jail for homicide. "What I mean is, what is it doing in my closet?" He asked calmly.

"Our." Akshara corrected, knowing full well she weds pushing his buttons. But enjoying it thoroughly.

"What?" Abhimanyu asked, "Do you moonlight as an English tutor? Trying to give me grammar lessons right now?"

"No! Do you need grammar lessons though? I know a guy though. He's really good. I can —" Akshara began rambling off.

"What..." What the hell was this girl going on about?! Abhimanyu's eyes did a double take as his confusion, agitation, and pounding headache became worse than it needed to be. "Akshara!" Abhimanyu shook the crazy rambling girl in front of him by the arms, trying to get her back to focus.

"Anyway, no! It's our closet now. Yours and mine. Ours. Not just yours. In fact, the entire room is ours now. Joint custody. See?"

Abhimanyu followed Akshara's line of vision and a sense of unease began to take over him. "My room! What did you do to my poor room?!!" He whined, horrified at the state of his room.

How had he not noticed before that the entire trajectory of his room had been altered? Oh right, because he had been seething due to his conversations with Sir and Parth that he hadn't paid attention to anything else.

But now he was! Oh god! His poor room! His pillows! Where before there had just been two pillows, now there were six! And all different shapes, sizes and textures too! What the hell! And the blanket was replaced by a comforter. A silky baby pink comforter. And plush carpets lined both sides of the bed with small blankets —throws as he'd heard girls call them —laid out on the armrest of the sofa.

And if things weren't bad already, that's when he saw them. Candles. Candles were kept on both night tables.

Nauseous.

He was going to be sick. His poor bachelor pad —was no longer a bachelor pad. And he didn't even have a chance to mourn the departure of his best friend.

"What did you do to my room?" Abhimanyu pleaded, trying his best to not shed tears.

"Made it better. Feels more homely don't you think?" Akshara clapped her hand together, feel proud of her interior decorating skills.

"Makes me feel homeless." Abhimanyu mumbled to himself.

"Sorry what?"

"Yah, it's good. Very, very good." Abhimanyu grit out, grasping onto the last of his patience. "Now what did you do to my clothes? Hope you didn't burn them or something?" At this point, Abhimanyu was only half joking, because knowing Akshara's knack for reorganization, he wouldn't be surprised if he found his clothes in the trash somewhere.

"No, no. They're here." Akshara turned towards the closet, sliding open the door.

Abhimanyu watched as the more of the closet door Akshara slid open, the more her clothes came into view. A further crack of the closet door and all he saw was more of Akshara's clothes gracing the hangers and shelves of the closet.

"Hold on, they're here somewhere!" Akshara announced, making Abhimanyu fold his arms around his chest in annoyance. She slid the door back a bit further. "Ah, here they are." She announced, sliding the last bit of the closet door open revealing a small portion, roughly 20% of the closet space dedicated to Abhimanyu.

Flabbergasted.

Appalled.

That's how he was feeling. In a matter of 10 hours since he had left Akshara on her own accord, he was beginning to feel like a guest —a stranger in his own apartment. An apartment which was supposed to be his safety haven was now tarnished by the wicked witch's presence.

"So, what do you think?"

"Speechless." Gutted. "The change you've brought to this apartment in a matter of a few hours —absolutely phenomenal. I feel like giving you a big round of applause." And pinning you to the wall to practice my knife throwing skills.

"If you don't like it, I can change things back to the way they were." Akshara offered after witnessing the sarcasm dripping like fire from his voice.

Abhimanyu sighed, not wanting to disappoint Akshara or diminish her cheerfulness. "No, it's fine. I'll get used to it, I guess. But I do expect to get half of my closet space back."

Akshara nodded her head eagerly, accepting of Abhimanyu's truce. "60-40?"

"50-50."

Akshara narrowed her eyes, getting ready to argue but decided to it push her luck. "Fine. 50-50."

"Good. Although I would have accepted the 60-40 too had you stood your ground." Abhimanyu winked at her, satisfied by the deal, flashing her with a teasing smile as he grabbed his shirt from the closet and made his way out the door.

"Damnit! I'll get you next time Birla!" But truth be told, she was happy with whatever she was given. She had made some big changes to Abhimanyu's lifestyle. It was only fair the man got to keep 50% of his closet space. He deserved that much at least.

<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>

Update: I think there has been a problem with Wattpad app and people aren't getting notifications for  story updates. So hopefully that is fixed soon! But thank you for reading this chapter to those who did manage to read it!

Ah. Let me know what you guys thought! And remember, the nights not over yet. Akshara's cooking dinner. Only question is will Abhimanyu eat it??

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

28.2K 2.4K 22
Two sisters were married to two brothers... Akshara Goenka to Abhimanyu Birla Arohi Goenka to Neil Birla... But as time passes akshara and abhimanyu...
FAMILY BEFORE ANYTHING - The Journey Sathvika द्वारा

सामान्य साहित्य

112K 9.2K 45
Akshara Singhania, the girl born with golden spoon. A princess who has everything at her feet. Her brother's pampered princess. A business woman, wit...
157K 8.9K 86
So the story is about Doctor Aarohi,,, her position in her family and the things she go through..... Akshara always get more attention and love from...
54.3K 4.6K 49
An angry boy and a bubbly girl. Both of them have been going through some difficult times but their way of tackling the problems is completely differ...