How I Fell For Death (Myths F...

Da AerithSage

[COMPLETED!] (Sequel to How to be a Queen) Aerith and Hades already have their fairytale ending. They've also... Altro

Prologue
Chapter 1- Destined For Death
Chapter 2- Death Myths
Chapter 3- Eros
Chapter 4- Valentines (Part 1)
Chapter 6- Our Kind of Date
Chapter 7- Kinky
Chapter 8- A Gentle Heart
Chapter 9- Superman Has Wings
Chapter 10- When Gods Sing
Chapter 11- Psyche
Chapter 12- Best Brother Ever
Chapter 13- Achilles
Chapter 14- Unleashing Death
Chapter 15- The Olympics (Part 1)
Chapter 16- The Olympics (Part 2)
Chapter 17- We're On Top of the World
Chapter 18- A Fool In Love
Chapter 19- Goddess Awakened
Chapter 20- The Friend Zone
Chapter 21- Love is Complicated
Chapter 22- Pour Your Heart Out
Chapter 23- La Douleur Exquise
Chapter 24- The King and Queen of the Underworld
Chapter 25- Moving On
Chapter 26- What Goes Around Comes Around
Chapter 27- How to Say Goodbye?
Chapter 28- Let's Start Over
Chapter 29- A Perfect Day
Chapter 30- Powers Combined
Chapter 31- Losing Control
Chapter 32- Meeting the Parents
Chapter 33- Of Love and Marriage
Chapter 34- The Rise of Cronus
Chapter 35- Insanity
Chapter 36- Prepare for War
Chapter 37- My Illusion
Chapter 38- Death's Scythe
Chapter 39- The End of the World?
Chapter 40- As Long As We're Together
Chapter 41- Til Death Do Us Part
Chapter 42- Forever and Ever?
Chapter 43- Don't Tell Hades
Epilogue
How to Reform a Rake (Myths Finding Love #3) + My Other Stories

Chapter 5- Valentines (Part 2)

172K 8.1K 1.6K
Da AerithSage

CHAPTER 5- VALENTINES (PART 2)

February 14 
Fifth Avenue 
New York City

-Thanatos-

"Where the hell are we?" I asked Eros as I glanced at the busy streets around us.

"I told you that I did not like the clothes you wore last night. And I don't like the clothes you wear today. It's Valentine's Day so you have to wear something nice." Eros said in a tone that said that we've talked about this over and over and here I am pestering him again.

Clothes? I huffed. What's wrong with what I was wearing?

I looked down and I was wearing black slacks, black leather shoes and a black long-sleeved shirt. I glanced at Eros and he was wearing a plain white T-shirt with a low V neck which exposed his throat and gray-colored pants.

We passed a couple of girls and they all stared wide-eyed at Eros. The usual parted lips and flushed cheeks were also there.

"I know what you're thinking. If you want to impress your girl, you've got to look your best. I don't want her creeped out with your dirty old man style of clothing." Eros said with a shrug.

I glared at him.

"So... We're going shopping." He said with a smile.

"Eros... I can't. I can't be around mortals for a long time. Not without Hades." I told him.

"Yes, yes. I know. He can keep your power in control. But so does those chains." He pointed at the silver chains around my wrists that were made by Hephaestus to prevent my aura from leaking out and killing mortals.

"But if my emotions are heightened, my aura would still escape and someone may die."

"Then you best keep your emotions in check." Eros said with a wink.

Eros pushed me inside a shop filled with men's clothing. He kept on pulling things from the shelves and then holding them out towards me. He'd either nod or grimace. If he nodded, he tossed the shirt for me to hold and if he grimaced, he placed it back on the shelf.

"Hi. I'm Lara. How can I be of assistance to you today?" she said with a wide grin. I noticed that she was really beautiful for a mortal. Eros was already grinning at her like a fool.

Then suddenly, his expression turned to one of shock. "Did it hurt?" Eros asked the girl. My head jerked towards him for I was baffled by his question. Did what hurt?

"What?" she asked. Confusion also crossed her beautiful features. I think her expression mimicked mine.

"When you fell from heaven. Surely, someone as beautiful as you is an angel. Heaven must be in chaos now because they're looking everywhere for you..." Eros whispered seductively with a lazy grin.

It was so cheesy that I almost gagged but I held it in. I also had this sudden urge to roll my eyes heavenward.

The girl, on the other hand, totally fell for it. Her jaw dropped open and she was staring at him like the sun rose and set in his eyes. It was like the room faded away and she saw nothing else but Eros.

She was so engrossed and overjoyed that she practically lit up with it. I coughed discreetly, hoping to distract Eros from his staring contest with the girl but to no avail. I coughed harder until my throat itched but he still did not notice.

I walked towards him and tapped his shoulder. "Eros? Shopping?" I reminded him in a flat tone.

My words seemed to have snapped the girl out of her trance. She glanced back and forth at me and then Eros with a speculative look in her beautiful face.

"Gosh, are you gay?" she asked. Eros laughed and then shook his head. "This is my friend, Thanatos. And we're here to shop for clothes for him. As you can see by his outfit, he has poor fashion taste." Eros explained. I gritted my teeth to avoid hitting him.

"Thank God you're not gay. It's not that I have anything against them... But someone as handsome as you... Well, it would make women weep if you were not interested." She said in a sultry but relieved voice.

Then she turned toward me. "Well, Thanatos... Let me help you out. I'm great with clothes." She said to me.

Then she turned and glanced at Eros. "I'm also great at taking mine off." She purred and then winked at Eros before sashaying towards more shelves. She walked in such a way that her hips swayed from side to side which showcased her hourglass figure and her long legs.

She then began pulling out more and more clothing for me

While she was busy, Eros turned towards me. "Seriously man, you're cramping up my style. I think I'd go crazy if I get asked one more time if I'm gay." He said with a laugh. I just shrugged.

"Not much of a talker are you?" Eros noticed. I shrugged again.

"Nevermind." He said. The girl he was flirting with came back with an armful of clothing. "Let's get you to the fitting room." She then led me towards a small room filled with mirrors. There was a couch outside and Eros sat in it.

The girl handed me a black T-shirt with a V-neck which looked similar to what Eros was wearing. She paired it up with pants but it was not slacks. It was colored blue and had a thick and rough material.

"Those are called Denim Jeans." Eros called out. The woman giggled and then handed me black rubber shoes.

"Try it on." The woman encouraged. Then she went to the couch and sat next to Eros. I closed the door and gingerly changed my clothes. I turned my back towards the mirror and glanced at it. Right now, my wings weren't visible for I cloaked them. What was visible now were two vertical scars near my shoulder blades, the spot where my wings protruded from my back.

I put on the shirt, the pants and the shoes and marvelled at how comfortable it was. I also think that these clothing made me appear... younger... Would Aurea like this new look? I smiled to myself as I fantasized about seeing the appreciation in her eyes.

I opened the door and stepped outside. The sight that greeted me was the woman and Eros kissing each other like there was no tomorrow. Their lips were locked together and I even had a tantalizing view of their tongues. Eros hand was in her back while both her arms were wrapped around the God of Love as she tried to press her body closer.

They both jumped apart when I cleared my throat. Eros looked at me from head to foot and smiled. "That's better! Try another one." He said. The girl rose and handed me another pair of clothing.

This time she handed me a blue shirt with a hood and black pants with lots of pockets. I stared at them because they were bizarre. "They're called cargo pants." Eros explained with a chuckle. I went into the room again and changed. I smiled as I saw how the 'cargo pants' looked on me. I decided right then that I'll be buying this.

I opened the door to let Eros see but the sight that greeted me was even worse than the first one. The two were lip-locked again and the woman was making small whimpering sounds. Eros lifted his head and then kissed his way down her neck. His other hand was on her chin while the other one was cupping her breast.

I coughed but it did not seem to do the trick this time. They were still at it. If I wasn't here, I'm sure they'd be doing it now.

"Err... How do I look?" I asked. It did the trick. They jumped apart. The woman's hair was tangled around her shoulders and her lips were a little swollen from Eros' kisses. Her pupils were dilated and her cheeks were flushed. Her breaths came in little pants and so did Eros'.

"Great." Eros said and then he leaned back into the couch to catch his breath.

The woman reluctantly stood up and handed me another set of clothes for me to change into. I walked inside and shut the door once more. I tugged of the blue shirt and was on my way to wearing the sweater the woman gave me when I heard a loud moan followed by a hearty chuckle.

I rolled my eyes and continued to change. Then I turned around and my handle was on the door before I stopped myself. Should I walk out? The first time, they were kissing... The second, his hand was in her breasts. What could be happening the third time I walked out of there? I really don't think I'd like seeing it so I decided to call out first.

"Eros?" I said. A breathy sigh answered me along with the sound of something creaking. "Eros!" I called out louder and then there was a thump and a muffled groan.

"Yeah?" he answered. I opened the door and got out. I saw the woman pulling down her skirt while Eros zipped up his pants. I sighed and showed him the latest set of clothes.

"It's fine. We'll take everything." He told the girl and she stood up and gathered all the clothes I've tried. We walked to the counter and I reached inside my pocket for some golden drachmas.

"That is not the currency anymore." Eros told me as he watched me count gold coins. "Well, what is?" I asked him. He took out his wallet and withdrew a shiny black card. He gave it to the woman on the counter and she swiped it and returned it to him. "Credit card." He said.

It's funny, the currency they use nowadays.

I gathered our purchases and placed them under my arm. Eros walked over to the beautiful girl and gave her his calling card. Then he dropped another kiss and we both walked out of the store. Eros grinned from ear-to-ear which caused all the girls to drool over him.

I sighed.

"What?" Eros asked. I shrugged.

He grabbed the packages from me and checked. "Why are all these in black?" he asked me. I had the girl get everything in black before he paid for it. Black is the color of death. Black has been the color of my clothing ever since.

I shrugged as an answer.

"I get the Black is Death thing but don't you think you're representing yourself a little bit too much there? I am the God of Love but you don't see me walking around in a red shirt with little hearts drawn over it." He said with disdain.

"I just like the color." I answered with another shrug.

Then I suddenly stopped walking for something caught my eye. We were outside a store called 'Tiffany's' and an array of silver jewellery were displayed in their shelves. One thing in particular caught my attention. It was a heart-shaped silver pendant on a thin, silver chain.

Eros looked at what I was looking and he smiled. "That is called a locket." He said.

"What is it?" I asked him.

"It's a jewellery which opens up. Mortals usually put pictures of their loved ones inside it." He explained.

"I'll buy it for her." I declared. Eros grinned at me. "You have a romantic streak in you after all. I guess you won't be needing my help much." He told me.

He accompanied me to the shop and we bought the locket. Eros had them place it in a beautiful box and then he handed it to me.

"I'll get you a credit card from Hades. He's the one who handles all our financial affairs after all. You have to have one so that you can pay your way around. For the mean time, here's five hundred dollars for you. Use it first until I can get you a credit card." Eros told me as he pulled out a wad of paper from his wallet. I nodded to him.

"Thank you... For accompanying me." I said.

"Don't mention it." He replied with a wink. We rounded a busy corner and then went towards a small alley. I heard something beep and he took out a small black gadget and glanced into it. Then his face scrunched and he shoved it back into his pockets.

"I have to go. Work calls. Good luck with your lady!" he said and then he vanished.

February 14 

Berkeley School 

Near the Cafeteria

This is a large establishment. I followed my connection to her and it brought me here. Right now, I could feel her near. I willed myself to become invisible so that I could find her discreetly. I've been putting off courting her for a long time but I think the time is now right. I know for a fact that many mortal males want to be with her and I can't let that happen. She's mine. She's not supposed to fall in love with someone else.

I peeked inside a door and I finally saw her.

A smile curved my lips as I saw her, sitting there in class looking bored out of her wits. She looked up at the clock and then sighed. She really wanted her class to be over. Then, she started fidgeting in her seat. Her shoulders rose on another sigh and she started to draw on her notebook. I know for a fact that Hades' queen is good with art and Aurea might have inherited that gift. My chest swelled with pride at the thought.

I walked back to the hallway and just decided to wait for her in the courtyard. But I caught a whiff of roses and decided to investigate.

"Hi! Please buy roses! We'll deliver them to the girl you like before class ends!" one of the girls manning the booth said to a passing mortal male.

Hmmm...

My brain geared into thought... It would be a really romantic gesture if I could give Aurea a rose. I smiled and then concentrated hard. I lifted my hand and closed my eyes and imagine a perfect black rose on my hand. I willed it to be created and when I opened my eyes, I was holding a perfect bloom in my fingers.

Great. I hope she'd like this.

I dropped my invisibility and then walked over to the girls in the booth. I saw their eyes widen as they stared at me. They even nudged each other and pointed towards me.

"Hello." One of them said breathlessly.

"Hi." I replied and tried to smile. It was an uncomfortable feeling and I hope I did not look like a fool. I also made a mental note to try and smile more often.

"Are you going to buy a rose?" the girl asked.

"No... I already have one. But I'd pay you for a special delivery." I told them. They nudged each other again and then giggled.

"Please have this delivered to Aurea Aidoneus." I said and then handed the black rose. Their eyes widened when I said her name. "You know her?" I asked. "Yes! She's our friend!" the other girl replied and they giggled some more.

"That's nice. Please deliver the black rose to her along with this..." I pulled out the box where the locket was placed and handed it to them. Then I retrieved the wad of paper Eros gave me and handed it to them.

Their eyes widened even further.

"This is too much!" they exclaimed.

"It's alright." I said with a wave of my hand. "Just please make sure it's delivered to her. Thank you."

"Sure. She'll get this." They said excitedly.

"Wait! Here's the last rose. It's for you. Please take it as a sign of our gratitude." Said one of the girls.

"Thank you. You are really kind." I replied. I willed all my aura to lessen so that the rose will not shrivel up when I touched it. It did not wither so I grinned.

"Another thing, there's a dance later. Here in school. Are you coming with Aurea?" one of them asked me.

"Err... I don't know... I'll try." I replied.

"Does Aurea have a date?"

They looked at each other and then looked at me.

"She didn't say she had any date. She rejected each one of them... But then again... We assumed that her date would be you." I grinned at this piece of information.

"Thank you, ladies. Have a good day."

There was a dance? And Aurea was coming? This is so great... I'd call Eros later to ask him what I should wear to this dance and what I should do... Finally, everything's perfect! Everything's falling into place just like what the Fates told me...

I turned my back and walked back towards the courtyard.

I came across a man who wore glasses and a shirt which was too large for his small body. He looked at me from head-to-foot.

"For you." I said and handed him the rose. Then I walked away without another glance...

*Note: Yes, the guy to whom Thanatos gave the flower was the nerd who bought himself a bunch of roses in Chapter Four. :D

**************************************

Eros and Thanatos teamed up again! :D LOL. Hope I made you guys laugh once more. ;)

And I hope you liked this chapter!

Please don't forget to vote and comment!

Reading those really showers me with inspiration to keep on writing. I reread them especially during bad days when my creativity leaves me staring at my laptop with nothing to type. XD

Thanks so much! :D

Twitter:                     http://twitter.com/AerithSage
Got questions?:     http://ask.fm/AerithSage
My Blog:                  http://aerithsage.tumblr.com
Facebook:               http://facebook.com/
AerithSageWP

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerĂ  anche

7.5K 239 25
Hi, My name is Aiyana. I was raised by an ordinary wolf pack. I always knew I was different but I truly didn't know how different I was until I met...
1.1K 33 128
I started off as nothing, just a mass of consciousness that slowly evolved. Just your average overpowered existence hungry for a multiverse adventure...
56.4K 1.5K 36
Diana Pheonix Silvermoon. This name is of great importance. Who is she? And why is she so important? Well, it's just because she is the goddess of...
2.2K 44 18
Human or Deilos? Earth or Deanyn? Which is real and which is a dream? Can I even tell the difference, anymore? My story is... different, to say the l...