To Kiss a Killer | boyxman |...

By JosslynWho

***OLD VERSION*** A vampire slayer (Raeden Dalton) and vampire (Dominick von Kraige) are suddenly caught in t... More

****READ FIRST***
Chapter I - The Vampire
Chapter II - The Slayer
Chapter III - The Vampire
Chapter IV - The Slayer
Chapter V - The Vampire
Chapter VI - The Slayer
Chapter VII - The Vampire
Chapter VIII - The Slayer
Chapter IX - The Vampire
Chapter X - The Slayer
Chapter XI - The Vampire
Chapter XII - The Slayer
Chapter XIII - The Vampire
Chapter XIV - The Slayer
Chapter XV - The Vampire
Chapter XVI - The Slayer
Chapter XVII - The Vampire
Chapter XVIII - The Slayer
Chapter XIX - The Vampire
Chapter XX - The Slayer
Chapter XXI - The Vampire
Chapter XXII - The Slayer
Chapter XXIII - The Vampire
Chapter XXV - The Vampire
Chapter XXVI - A Vampire
AUTHOR'S NOTE

Chapter XXIV - The Slayer

176 7 0
By JosslynWho

After Dom was in the shower, I stepped back from the bathroom and crossed the bedroom for my clothing I was wearing before and dressed. If I was going to stay here with Dom I'd need my belongings, and though I wouldn't bring everything, I at least wanted more clothing and my Hamilton stake that I'd left at the house. Julius didn't deserve to have it?

When I had my shoes on, I fixed the laces and took hold of the suite's door knob. Should I tell Dom first that I was leaving, where I was going? But what if he didn't let me go and I did need more stuff. It's not like I'd take forever.

Given the time, it was likely Julius either wasn't home or headed to bed, giving me the opportunity to sneak through my bedroom window from the backyard, gather what was essential and head back. I'd be in and out in two minutes flat.

I closed the door quietly behind me and descended the hall for the stairs. As I passed Demiesius' office I stopped for a brief moment, sticking my head inside to see if he was in there and as usual... he was.

He was standing behind his desk with something that looked like an urn on top of it. "What are you doing?" I couldn't help but wonder.

Demiesius looked over at me after setting the lid on the urn. "I was just giving Nathaniel the respect he is worthy of by placing his remains in something that would hold them. He may not have been my Child by Night, but he was Dominick's close comrade, therefore imperative to someone."

"Oh," I nodded, "That's very nice of you, Demiesius."

"Yes." He wrinkled his brow at me, "Where are you heading off to? After what happened, I got the impression you weren't going anywhere."

"I'm just — just gonna go get a few things. I left Hamilton's stake back at my place, so I need that and some fundamentals to bring here."

Suddenly I found my eyes wandering his office, and they landed on a trunk settled beside Demiesius desk. It was the same trunk that was filled with Hamilton's belongings, the place Julius had given me Hamilton's weapons to be my own.

What could this vampire seriously want with them?

I didn't feel the question was necessary since I didn't have much time to get to my house. Dom would be out of the shower in a few minutes if he wasn't sobbing in the shower like I expected him to; crying over the events that have recently gone on.

His sadness would strangely buy me more time.

"Hey, Demiesius—?" I sucked the question back when I looked back at him and identified a drop of blood trickle down his pale cheek.

Was he crying too?

Why?

"Um... never mind. But if Dom comes to you asking about me, could you possibly tell him I went home for a second. I should be back in at least twenty minutes."

He nodded without a word so I took it as confirmation and left him, moving down to the lobby in a wonder as to what was going on. Nothing could just be... right. With the slaying of Nate and the obvious bizarre behavior endured by my family, the Rogue and the assembly of Hamilton's trainees with Julius and their children, Stella and Bobby, I was more than grateful my dad wasn't on terms with them. He worked for the high ranking Public so all of this business was likely on his shoulders as a member.

I was proud to be his son.

I glanced across the lobby before stepping outside only to notice a puddle of fresh blood across the room. Dom had told me he was attacked by... nothing in particular, so I made an accurate guess that it was his. With how much there was I knew it hurt, I just hoped he'd find the location of this "torture" like he said he would so we can leave. I don't know where we'd go, but it'd be far from here.

As soon as I made it to the house my footsteps became quiet. I deemed it silly for me to have to sneak into the place I called home, the place I used to be thrilled to visit when I was a small child. I shouldn't be frightened of Julius, but for some reason I felt sensing something off with him was necessary, especially right now.

The house was dark on the inside, no light could be determined as on; then again, Julius spent time in the den not the living room. So relying on a light source at the front of the house was kind of ridiculous.

I made time my biggest option and headed for the side of the house, scaling over the fence as quietly as I could. I cursed in my head when the wires clanged, but tiptoed from the area as fast as my hushed steps would take me.

Making it to the back terrace, I listened for any movement that may be coming from the kitchen, taking a chance at peering along the frame of the back door. There was no one in sight.

Scanning my options I looked up in the direction of my window, second floor at an angle on the roof.

After checking for anyone inside again, I darted by the door, feeling like a super spy, and turned this quest into something of the sort. If I looked at this as some kind of game, I may finish faster. Like this was just an ordinary everyday thing.

Sneaking around... which it pretty much was.

There was a trash bin along the back wall of the house placed beside iron laced pillars holding up the porch's covering.

Steadying the trash bin, I hopped on top and leveled up the iron laces, sticking my feet in the openings so I could climb.

I felt like I was climbing up a massive building like a superhero, feeling awesome as I did so.

Once I made it on top of the porch, I took cautious steps up the roof's summit, the slant having me walk at an angle.

I was glad I never locked my window and shoved the glass open, ducking to get inside, and climbed over the top of my desk.

I made it.

Going for the closet, I grabbed the small backpack I kept my utilities and replaced the weaponry with clothes, a few shirts and a few pairs of pants, socks, and underwear. Zipping the bag shut I slung my arms through the straps and searched for what I'd really come for. The Hamilton stake.

I cursed when I couldn't find it; I always kept it on my dresser; however, I still wanted something even if that was my top priority. I buckled my stake holster at my ankle under my pants leg, tucking another useful stake that was bundled from the chest Julius had given me the wooden one from. It would be just as functional as the other.

Fixing my pants I examined the room for anything else useful but just settled with what I had. Wait, my—.

I jumped with panic when the ringer from Jackson's phone sounded, volume all the way up. I searched blindly for it and found it beside a stack of books on my shelf. The ringer was so loud I knew it could be heard from any part of the house. I glimpsed the caller ID and swore aloud when Dom was the one calling. I didn't answer and cut the noise, killing the sound and stuffed it in my back pocket,

I had to get out now.

Scurrying for the window, pounds from the hallway caught my attention, heavy footfalls nearing my room. I leapt atop of the desk and brought my feet up only to hear the most wretched sound in the world right about now.

My bedroom door opened and Julius stood in the door frame.

With terror at the front of my mind, I ducked to get out of the window and stepped on the roof, but when I made it out with one foot, a force clasped the back of my shirt and I was helplessly dragged back inside.

My leg snagged the rim of the window, tearing through the textile of my sweats and cutting the back of my calf. I winced truly and fumbled on my bottom when Julius finally released me, "You fool," he growled down at me as I looked over the gash on the back of my leg. "And where do you think you're going?"

I wasn't getting out of here even if I tried.

Shit!

Julius worked me to my feet, glaring with hatred in his whitish eyes. "Where the fuck were you going? Were you trying to get to your vampire fuck!"

"Let go of me!"

"Stella told me everything. How you sympathized with a fanger after she killed it. Where did you go—." he bit his tongue for a quick second, and shoved me out of my room. I collided with the wall of the hallway but before I could stabilize myself in a fighter's stance, Julius grabbed the back of my neck and forcefully guided me down the stairs.

He released me at the edge and I toppled down the steps, landing on my back, a pain striking my neck when I stood, and when I did stand I was struck by an unseen power.

Stella punched me, my chin throbbing.

When I was aware I tried to go after her, the nerve to wallop with me, but Julius restrained me, pinning my back to the wall. With both Julius and Stella breathing down my neck, there was no way I was getting out of here.

Julius closed the distance between my ear and his lips. In a gruff wheeze he said, "Where did you go?"

I said nothing, but still he guessed.

"Was it... Demiesius Titus perhaps or that Dominick von Kraige?" The way he said Dom's name pissed me off, like he was just a piece of shit.

When I said nothing again, he knew he had his answer.

"Man," Stella said limping a little closer, "You should've just let Bobby kill this fanger trash. What a disappointment to the Dalton family."

A sick smile grew on Julius face; I could tell he was fuming with a rage unknown to the world, but there was something on his mind. "No," he grinned ominously, "He'll be of great use to the Dalton family. My quest will be complete after all these years."

He nodded to me and Stella rammed her solid fist across my face, and it was then that I planned to kill her with my bare hands. No matter how long it took, I would find her and I would end her life in the cruelest of ways.

As I nodded in and out of consciousness, I heard Julius' voice echoing around me even if he was just standing before him, his hand holding me in place against the wall. "He'll be my bait, and when Dominick comes after this garbage of a grandson, I'll have Demiesius right where I want him."

____

My hands were bound behind my back, wire tearing through the skin of my wrists. I budged noticing that I was in a fetal position in the back of a vehicle. My chin hurt and there was a buzzing in my ear as I gained more focus.

The vehicle came to a swift halt, and my back hit the door of a trunk... the trunk door of an SUV. Craning my neck I tried to get a look out the window but the only thing I could see was the naked limbs of trees blowing in the window. It was still night, and by the position of the moon only minutes had passed since Julius ordered Stella to knock me out.

I became wary of what would come next.

The driver and passenger doors of the SUV opened, shutting with a slam seconds after. Shoes scuffed dead leaves over and rough dirt from outside.

So I waited.

Seconds later I found myself darkened by the loom of a man's shadow, but this wasn't Julius. His face was young like my father's, but seemed a bit younger... maybe twenty five or twenty eight, something a little under thirty. His bone structure was sharp, eyes a dark color from the poor outside lighting of the area we were. Dressed in a black trench coat, he unlocked the SUV and thrust the door up, revealing me. His eyes wondered my face in confusion and he looked back at someone, Julius standing a few feet off behind him. "Get him out now, and take him to the chamber," Julius ordered.

The man hesitated, and I jerked away from him when he tried to touch me. Shifting my left shoulder away from his hand. He looked back at Julius again... for some kind of confirmation, probably wondering why he was doing this to his own grandson, his son's child for Heaven's sake.

We were out in what seemed like the middle of nowhere. The city was far off on the other side of the Marcus River dividing the countryside from the city. The old bridge in the center of the river was worn from the years, a road no longer topping it. In the short distance there was a building broken single down with ragged structures and graffiti tagged across every square inch of the walls. But that's not what snagged my attention, it was the iron door opened in front of the building... leading underground.

What was going on here? Was this where Julius came all the time? And if so... why?

"I said take him!" Julius commanded.

The man then grabbed me, and I resisted as much as I could. Touching down on the ground, I pulled away from him, lifting my leg in a spin, and clotted my foot across his face, landing with ease afterwards, only to be struck by the butt of the Hamilton stake.

Julius, you bastard.

I sent him a glare and he ordered, "Harvey, control him before I have you locked in the chamber as well."

I laughed sucking on the blood from my lip, "Why not, then I'll have company."

When Harvey, the man that took me from the SUV, grabbed my arms I found movement difficult. His grip was stiff, hands rather large. He forcefully guided me over to the opened rusty iron door; when I looked down nothing could be seen, but as we continued, light from fixtures in the walls lit the way.

The hallway was long and stretched, a disgusting odor wafting by me to the outside world, dead bodies all decaying were laid out on their stomachs, faces down, collapsed against the walls, topping on one another.

Julius was a murderer, the center of it all. Was his next victim damned to be me?

Harvey jostled me further down the long path that seemed to go on forever, the inside getting darker as we went, and no matter how much I struggled, trying to wrench myself free, nothing worked.

Harvey turned me down a separate hall with a large single door that sat at the end. I could hear screaming coming from the inside as we moved closer, an untamed wailing that sent images of an ancient creature lashing out with long claws, and dripping wet bloody daggers for teeth on the other side.

"You won't get away with this," I said, speaking to Julius. "My father will worry about me, he will send an alert to the Public that you kidnapped me. But most of all..." I wished with all my might, "... Dominick will come for me."

Julius stepped in front of me when we got to the door. He placed a hand on the handle, ready to open it, and met my hateful eyes. Smiling as if a lifelong mission had been accomplished, he said, "That's the plan."

He opened the door to my fate while Harvey shoved me into the screaming room. I tripped over my shoe and collapsed to my knees, falling over. The blaring, it was louder now and assisted by the sound of rattling chains, the shuddering of metal to metal. In fear of what I would see, of what was looking back at me... I rose slowly, dreadful that the screaming had stopped, meaning whatever was there had all of its attention on me.

When I looked up I met the eyes of a vicious fully turned vampire wearing a single cloth that covered his privates. He was a little over my height by a few inches, skinny with frail-looking arms and legs, long almost beautiful blonde hair that fell like a river of soiled sunlight down his back, stopping at his waist. His eyes were a fiery orange, mouth slit like Dom's had been when he showed his true nature, stitch-like formations along its mouth, sunken cheeks and ears sharply pointed. His nails were long and resembled razors, nostrils flared... as he breathed in my scent.

A positive Dom once said... I bet this vampire knew that as well.

I gulped in horror that this would be my final moment.

I pressed my back to the door after it slammed, but even with my distance, I could be reached from anywhere in the chamber.

Amid the sound of his chains knocking against each other, the bloodcurdling, blood thirsty vampire stepped forward, slowly closing the distance between us with easy steps. He seemed to know he'd be able to reach me even if I ran, so taking his time didn't matter either way.

"Please," I concealed a cry, "Don't do this. I don't know how long Julius has had you down here, but if you free me, I can set you free. I'm not – one to fight back; I can help you."

However, this particular vampire was so far gone in his true nature, my words were nothing more than murmurs of English. With the lust for blood in his eyes, it was clear he was after one thing, one thing he'd probably been restricted from. He was starving and craved my blood.

I closed my eyes and turned my head when the vampire closed the complete distance, sniffing and taking in and savoring my scent. "Please, I beg you; don't do this to me. I'm not your enemy."

His voice held a tone like two different people were speaking at the same time. Someone with a deep voice and one with a calmer monotone. The vampire gripped his hand around the back of my neck, forcing me to look across the room, and said, "Neither were they."

Two dead humans lay against the south wall, decomposing and pale from having been drained of every last drop of blood.

Shock overcame my body when a hiss sounded from behind, and a piercing pain following after that met the side of my neck. I'd never been bitten by a vampire before, and I had to say the pain was excruciating, so much that I wished the vampire would just snap my neck to get rid of my anguish.

He placed his hands below my jaw, bending my neck to an angle that worked better for him. A scream of sheer agony left my lips, ringing in my ears as my blood filled this being's stomach, quenching his tense hunger.

My body was growing weak and all my strength withered like a gust of wind carrying a grain of sand. I was dying, breath becoming hard to take in, the chamber dizzying, colors fading, a weight dropping on my body, taking my ability to stand, but still the vampire held me.

With a breath I could hardly manage, I spoke my last words, "Dom... help... me."

And everything stopped, the pain befalling, my body crumbling to the hard brick floor, blackness overwhelming me in dank dark death.

The last thing I heard before everything went black was the whisper of the crazed vampire's voice. "Dom...?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

174K 5.5K 23
Evan Blake was a quiet werewolf, not because he was shy or nervous but because he preferred to observe. It may sound weird but he was the type, alway...
12.7K 489 42
"Don't ever think that we're friends." Avyugh gritted. "Aw, I thought we were past that," Alarion grinned, taking up Avyugh's space. "I will make yo...
292K 13.5K 42
Jamie Patterson is beautiful, has good grades, is friends with everyone, and is dating the most popular girl in his church and school. He was perfect...
8.1M 355K 66
Throughout the whole of Evan's life, he was convinced he was a sinner. Raised by his psychotic brother who was the Alpha of his pack, Evan believes t...