Chapter XIII - The Vampire

I knew it was him I felt. His nerves were so tense I could feel him coming. I looked down on Raeden as he clung to me, confused by his sudden arrival, but still more than happy to see him. Gradually I set my arms around him as well, warmth filling my cold body that only penetrated me when he came around. "Mind telling me what this is about, dove?"

In a muffled voice from his face being against my shirt, he said, "I... I just wanted to see you."

I stepped back into my suite, gesturing for him to come inside. When he passed the threshold, he moved for the living room area, stopping when he caught sight of Nate passed out on the couch. "Don't mind him," I assured, "He's the heaviest sleeper in the world."

Raeden turned to face me. He came closer and grasped my hand, and it was only then when I realized he was dressed in his slayer attire. Did he just come from hunting? Wasn't he only supposed to be hunting me?

I let the questions in the back of my head fade when apprehending that I didn't care enough to ask, and let him guide me to my room down the dark hall.

He went inside before me, releasing my hand and slowly made his way for my large bed. Kicking off his shoes, I watched from the doorway as he worked himself out of his clothes and placed himself in the center of the large space. His petite and lean naked body started a heat in my chest, and a quiver of eagerness raced from my fingertips to my toes.

Nate was a heavy sleeper...

Let's just hope he stays that way.

Finally moving further in the room, I shut the door mutely behind me. I unbuttoned my shirt and let it fall from me, tugging off the annoyance of my undershirt. I stood at the foot of the bed trying to control my zeal and undid the buttons of my trousers, letting them fall from me. I heightened my hearing for a moment to hear Nate shift on the couch, but he didn't get up.

Taking that as he was still asleep since he hadn't called for me, I stepped out of my trousers and underwear. Raeden lay in an almost Venus pose, his thinness and curves, the lighting of the moon setting on his tan skin. Lifting myself up on the bed, I never left Raeden's gaze. He budged beneath me when I came upon him, letting his hands merge above his head.

With a force I maintained, I opened Raeden's legs so I would be between them and pulled him down so my shaft would lay aligned with his. I grinned when he skipped a breath from my size, and placed a dithering kiss upon the center of his stomach, a shivering making itself known to me. With my tongue I traced his slow panting chest, toying with his hardening nipples before moving for his neck. The urge to sink my fangs into him was something I contemplated for only a second. I was sure he wouldn't allow me even if I asked, but it wasn't like making love to him would be a waste just for the reason I couldn't do to him what I've done to others.

A vampire's bite was a sign of stimulation; however, I could get by without it. I just had to make sure I controlled myself to the fullest extent.

Raeden smoothed his legs with mine when I reached the side of his neck, turned his face so I could kiss his tension away. He was filled with so much that I considered he'd burst from it one day, but with my touch, with my love, with my affection, I knew for sure I'd always be the one to calm him down even after the hardest day.

Detaching my interests with his neck, which was harder than I expected, I set out for his mouth, and he met me halfway in kissing his soft lips and tasting this sweet tongue. "I love you," he echoed inside my mouth, "I love you, Dom."

Releasing my bite on his bottom lip, I licked his upper and replied the same, smiling the brightest I ever had when I could feel the tension he held to disappear. "I love you more," I said, "I love you more, Raeden."