Chapter XXVI - A Vampire

I could hardly focus right and was pretty surprised I made it out of the chamber. I woke up suddenly feeling the urge to get up and leave... even more surprised when nothing stopped me. I hadn't looked up the whole time, eyes glued to the ground, following something I wasn't sure of. And when I did look up after I'd climbed the steps, Dom stood a few feet away with Julius clasped in his fist, my dad standing off, and... Stella and Harvey were beaten to death, drained and dead lying on the ground.

The way Dom stared at me was unnerving, but I couldn't say I wasn't happy to see him. My head pulsed and my stomach growled, but there was something in his eyes that I didn't get. Sure I was stunned to see him too, but his gaze said something along the ways of what are you doing here?

"R-Raeden," Dom stuttered, letting go of Julius, "You're... you're a..."

I looked at myself, bringing my hands up and something about my hands were a lot different than I could ever recall them being. My skin was like snow, I could see my veins faintly, and my nails gave off a purplish haze.

And then it came to me. I touched my mouth, feeling my teeth and sure enough I could feel two long fangs sprouting where my canines should've been. "What...?" I let out in a near-whisper, "I'm a... I'm... a vampire."

Dom rushed for me, wrapping his strong arms around me while I took this in. I was cold... no... freezing, moving, yet I was dead. That vampire, I remembered touching the side of my neck, he bit me. He killed me. I was dead. I DIED!

Slowly, unsure of what to think, I embraced Dom as well, but as the reality check struck me with a blow of veracity, I felt myself fainting... and soon, blacked out again, but this time from shock and undetermined deliberation.

_____

"I'm going to leave him in your care, and I expect you to keep him alive, safe, and... alive," I heard my dad's voice. It was dim but I knew he was near, because I could feel his tension, just as Dom always said he could feel mine.

I was laid out on the living room sofa, my head facing to the cushion, and when I rolled over I met the eyes of four people. First Dom, then my dad, Demiesius and Hamilton. And Hamilton? Hamilton H. Hamilton. Flashes of his pictures that I'd seen over the years of my life became known to me. His height was exactly five foot nine inches. His hair: long, straight, and blonde. Face: nose, jaw line, cheeks, lips, everything so pretty. This man standing beside Demiesius... holding his hand, was Hamilton.

My idol.

"Raeden, listen to me," my dad said, "Don't go fainting on us again. Can you hear me? How many fingers am I holding up."

I glared at him. "Really; I can see, Dad."

"How many?"

"Three"

He put his hand down, taking a step away from me, and my eyes went back to Hamilton. He was actually here, in front of me. I was surprised I hadn't screamed my head off like a fangirl yet. "Raeden, do you know what you are?" Dom asked me.

I blinked, "Ye-yeah."

"What?"

"I'm a... vampire." I lost it, pointing a finger at Hamilton. "Is that really who I think it is or am I seeing dead people?"

My dad said, "I'm just as confused as you, son, but yes; that man surely is Hamilton."

"I thought-I thought you were dead."

He spoke. Hamilton spoke, his voice stunningly softer than I imagined it being. In his pictures and bio's he came off as more masculine than now. Now, this up close in person, he appeared far more feminine and beautiful, effeminate and womanly with not much muscle and a soft and boyish voice. But still it was light and I couldn't help being mesmerized by him. "Our fates came about in the same way, Raeden."