To Kiss a Killer | boyxman |...

Von JosslynWho

***OLD VERSION*** A vampire slayer (Raeden Dalton) and vampire (Dominick von Kraige) are suddenly caught in t... Mehr

****READ FIRST***
Chapter I - The Vampire
Chapter II - The Slayer
Chapter III - The Vampire
Chapter IV - The Slayer
Chapter V - The Vampire
Chapter VI - The Slayer
Chapter VII - The Vampire
Chapter VIII - The Slayer
Chapter IX - The Vampire
Chapter X - The Slayer
Chapter XI - The Vampire
Chapter XII - The Slayer
Chapter XIII - The Vampire
Chapter XIV - The Slayer
Chapter XV - The Vampire
Chapter XVII - The Vampire
Chapter XVIII - The Slayer
Chapter XIX - The Vampire
Chapter XX - The Slayer
Chapter XXI - The Vampire
Chapter XXII - The Slayer
Chapter XXIII - The Vampire
Chapter XXIV - The Slayer
Chapter XXV - The Vampire
Chapter XXVI - A Vampire
AUTHOR'S NOTE

Chapter XVI - The Slayer

193 11 0
Von JosslynWho

It was assuring to know my father was around now. Julius and Jackson hadn't argued with me in hours, whereas on a regular day I'd have been fussed at least six times in less than half a day for doing something. Little did I know my peaceful lifestyle would be crushed in only a matter of nights.

I was lying comfortably in the living room watching the old episodes of Buffy the Vampire Slayer when my father descended the stairs. He'd gotten back a little over a half hour ago, and there was something in his demeanor that set me off. I couldn't tell what it was that was bothering him, but when I caught sight of the lugging duffel bag in his grasp... my stomach dropped.

Shooting up from the sofa, I stood watching him with indecision. "Dad..." my voice was soft and defenseless, "Dad, where are you going?"

He looked over at me, an apology in his eyes. "Raeden," he began with a sigh, "I'm afraid I cannot stay any longer. My duty was to deliver a message, and now that it is done, I must be on my way."

"What. No, please, don't go. You don't under—."

"Son, I'm truly sorry; I know this visit was short and unexciting, but I have the Public to get back to. They're expecting me back any moment now."

I glanced towards the stairs, watching to see if Jackson or Julius would come down. When all was clear I approached my father. "Dad, please, I beg of you, don't go. Things are different with you here. They... they yell at me all the time... They don't like me like you think they do. Jackson and I fight constantly, and Julius is drowning me in demands. If you leave they'll—."

"Raeden, don't do this. As much as I want to stay to make sure you're in good hands, the Public will not let me stay behind. I must get back to my responsibilities."

My eyes burned with tears hidden by the dimness of the house. He was going to leave when I needed him most. What kind of father is that? A busy one...

Letting my eyes fall from his gaze, I watched his feet back away from me after placing a reassuring hand on my head. I sniffled with sorrow when I heard the front door open, my father's shadow looming over me before it closed.

He was leaving me... again.

I stood there wallowing in my own grief for what was to come. After I heard my dad's car start up and the headlights pan through the window before disappearing, I turned to march upstairs, not planning on staying any longer than I had to in this house filled with people bent on controlling my life.

"Dad," I heard Jackson from his room, "you there...?"

"He's gone!" I yelled, slamming my door.

I went for my closet and pulled on a pair of black skinnies and a fitting graphic t-shirt before stuffing on my Converse shoes. When I opened my door, Jackson was standing in the frame with a smile on his smug face. "And where do you think you're going?" he said so heartily it disturbed me.

I growled up at him, "Move."

He stood still, not budging when I tried to get passed. "Jackson; get out of my way!"

"Not before you tell me where you're going. What if I need you tonight? Since you don't have your cell phone, I'll need a way to get a hold of you."

"Just move!"

"Oh, I know," he grinned, "You're going to that boyfriend's house, aren't you?"

"Jackson, I don't want to hurt you. Get out of my way."

"Did you hear that Julius!" he called out in the center of the hall now, my heart dropping into the pit of my stomach. "Raeden's going to see his boyfriend."

From Julius' room I could hear him in there moving for the door before it opened with power. He swung out, his eyes piercing me where I stood. "Excuse me? Say that again, Jackson?"

Jackson folded his hands behind his head, "I said Raeden's going to see his secret boyfriend. And by the way he's not even trying to deny it, I'd say I'm right."

Julius neared my side, and before I could think about dashing for the stairs, he seized me by my shoulder and turned me towards him. He forced my chin to look up, but I kept my gaze on the ceiling.

Dom.

I'm so scared.

"Tell me he's lying, child," Julius said, tightening this hold on my shoulder. But when I said nothing, I cried out in pain when his fist came down on me. "You're a queer!?" he bellowed through the house.

Jackson added, "Can't say I didn't warn you. I knew he was gay. That's exactly why he was taunted so much in school."

Julius slammed me back on the wall, his hands digging into my shirt and chest. Tears swelled in my eyes; all I wanted was to get away, but with Jackson and my powerful grandfather hovering over me...

"Who is he!?" Julius commanded, "Who is this queer that's lured you into such a disgusting life?"

I cried at the thought of being struck again, and before I could even prepare myself for the beating, Julius's fist came down on me again. I felt blood rushing in a bowl beneath my right eye, and heat rising in my cheeks with every battering strike. I wanted to call out for Dom, but I knew he wouldn't hear me. I wanted to call out for my father, but he was already long gone from the house.

I was alone in this, and that was that.

I dropped to the floor when Julius released me, crumbling at their feet in utter weakness. It was the most vulnerable I had ever felt before, and I didn't like the feeling of it at all. "You saw this coming," Julius' growl spoke to me, "Get up... and get out of my sight."

Try as I might, I brought myself up on my hands and knees, wanting so much for Dom to rescue me, to help me to my feet.

I supported my weight on the wall before feeling Jackson's hands shove against my back. My arms were sore, and it wasn't hard to tell I had a blemish under my right eye; a busted lip in the least, the taste of my own iron blood filled my mouth.

"Where are you going?" Jackson sounded as I feebly stepped down the stairs.

"It's alright," Julius said next, "He'll learn."

When I made it to the bottom step, I wrapped my arms around myself, listening on as I moved for the front door. Julius threw threats at me, telling me the Dalton family name wasn't going to be sullied by someone like me.

I opened the front door, bracing myself for a painful walk. I knew where I was going, and it surely didn't bother me if Julius and Jackson happened to follow. I was going to Dom's place to heal, to lie in his comfort for as long as the moon would let me. I knew I'd be welcomed at least there.

I made it down the street and once on the corner I glanced behind me. There was no one. I carried myself for what seemed like too long, lugging my weakened legs for blocks.

Dom's place never seemed so far until now.

When rounding onto another silent street, the one Dom's old apartment used to be on, I caught the stale stench of burnt ash and decay, the toppled rubble was still there. I could only imagine how many vampires lay scattered in the destruction.

Wiping a salty tear from my pulsing lip, I looked over at the building that once stood tall and ominous over the others.

Suddenly, a quick pace stole my attention. As fast as my sore neck would allow me, I turned around. Darkness was all I could see in my wake. The journey I was to continue now looked a little questionable. I breathed steady and calm, not letting my anxiety get the better of me.

The scuffles seemed to be coming from all over. No matter where I looked, the shadows were all the same, the noises surrounding me. "Who's there?" I question no one in particular.

Stillness came once again, and when the scratching of movement ceased, I started away from the site of the fire.

I only moved what came off as a few feet before the noises started up again. "Stop messing with—."

My threat was cut off by the stone-pound of a fist knocking me across the face. A yelp surfaced from my frail lungs at the abrupt strike, my head whipping around until I diminished to the solid ground. My cheek grazed the sidewalk and jagged scars released blood.

Fear filled me, but before I could consider fighting back, my attacker seized a handful of my hair and yanked me to my feet. His breathing was hasty when he forced me around and bashed his knuckles across my face. I urged the pain, struggling with all of my battered might to get away. I couldn't see his face because he wore a black mask that covered everything but his eyes and mouth. For an instant I wondered if this was what vampires felt like when they knew they were losing the fight.

Was I going to die tonight?

This person, whoever he was, must've been the Rogue my father was talking about. "Let go of me!" I threatened to no avail. His grip tightened, and before I knew it, he shoved me back and flung a solid back kick to my chest.

Air lost, I collapsed.

The Rogue, he neared me as I willed myself to my feet. I touched the ground with my hands. He then rammed his boot against my shoulder and I fell back. I crawled backwards on my bottom and hands, slowly making no distance between us. "Pathetic," his gruff, almost forced, voice said to me. "Just pathetic."

He took a hold of my shirt, spitting in my face. I recoiled from his slimy saliva touching my cheeks. "You don't deserve to be the best."

"Why are you doing this?" I sobbed.

"I'm the best there ever will be, the only one with the title of absolute fame. My name will live on, not yours!"

He kicked me back and stomped his boot on my face before spitting on the ground beside me, and disappeared into the shadows of which he came.

I crouched there in shock and terror of what had just occurred. The Rogue had attacked me, but unlike his victims in the past, he did not take my life. I was beaten and fearful with bruises that couldn't be hidden even if I put on mounds of makeup. Dom would see, Julius and Jackson would see, but what would my father do if he were still here to see me in this state? I wondered if he'd come back if I begged hopelessly, threatened to take away my love for him... would he come back for me then?

But there was no way he would; when the Public needed him... he was as good as gone.

Finally getting to my feet, I couldn't resist a purge quivering in my stomach, and threw up chunks of the contents of what I'd eaten, drank, and even the clear mix of blood reddening it. I spit and wiped my mouth on the back of my arm, wrinkling my nose with how disgusting it was.

More cautious than before, I moved further to the place I knew Dom would be. His building was only yards away now. I felt like I could feel him inside. Nearing the building, I took notice of the shimmering shards of glass on the ground, and couldn't help but look up. Where I expected Demiesius' office to be, the window was boarded up with wood and nails.

I made my way inside the dark building, limping harshly through the heavy doors. There was no lobby attendant or any sign of life in the area, so I wasted no time in heading for the stairs. If Dom could really sense my tension, why couldn't he just come down to me?

I climbed to the floor his room was on, and once I rounded the corner to the side corridor, Nathaniel was just on the verge of going into his room. He looked over at me with pure astonishment from seeing my assaulted and bloody face. "Oh, shit," he said lowly, getting closer. I let him. He was in nothing but shorts and his hair was tousled with untidiness. "Dude, what happened to you?"

He almost touched me, but I was so afraid of the pain that would come, that I stepped back and shook my head in defense. "Where is he?" I asked in an almost unsounded voice.

Nathaniel turned away from me, guiding towards Dom's room. He opened the door as I trailed slowly behind; not quite there yet. "Dominick," he said, opening the suite's door, "I think you should see this."

I pictured Dom standing in the center of the living room, and when I came into view once Nathaniel moved aside. Dom and Demiesius stood in anticipation for what Nathaniel was talking about.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

706K 24.7K 50
[COMPLETED] It's the year 2350 and the world has changed for the worse. Vampires have taken over and enslaved all the humans. Evelyn Johnson, a youn...
Biting Jasper Von Seraphina

Vampirgeschichten

3.5M 72.7K 42
An ordinary life turned upside down as Adam comes back to a small town in Virginia. Jasper is just trying to live life despite his secret, but as it...
10.4K 646 38
Max Statton's life will never be the same again. While in Moscow for the premier of his new movie a terrifying encounter reveals some nightmares actu...
127K 4.4K 51
Seventeen-year-old rouge werewolf, Stefan Meyer, moves to a new town with no one but his grandma. After six months of nothing, it's finally time to s...