Sports Imagines

By majorleaguewriter

*ON HOLD* I mainly write for the MLB, NHL, NFL & NBA! If there is any other athlete that doesn't fall into th... More

one: nico hoerner
two: christian yelich
three: tyler glasnow
four: bobby dalbec
*five: fernando tatis jr.
six: tyler glasnow pt. 1
seven: tyler glasnow pt. 2
eight: tyler glasnow pt. 3
nine: jack leiter
ten: max kepler
twelve: dansby swanson
*thirteen: juan soto
*fourteen: christian yelich
question!
*fifteen: julio rodriguez
sixteen: jamie drysdale
*seventeen: xander bogaerts
*eighteen: jonathan drouin

*eleven: j.t. realmuto

375 4 4
By majorleaguewriter

I'm back!! Thanks so much to Delanee for requesting! I'm going to try and upload once a week, so look out for a lot of new imagines! And don't forget to DM me for a personalized imagine or someone you would just like to see!

"Bryce does this look okay?" Delanee Harper asked her older brother as they were getting ready for a Phillies Christmas Party hosted by Rhys Hoskins. She picked out a gorgeous red velvet dress that was perfect for the holidays.

"Looks great Delanee. J.T. will like it too." Bryce said with a wink. Delanee blushed and playfully smacked her brother.

It was no secret to anyone that there was something between Delanee and J.T. that they both felt, but didn't know the other person reciprocated.

"Bryce, I'm wearing this for me not him. Besides, you know he doesn't look at me like that. We're just good friends." She replied as she threw in a coat and slid on her shoes. Bryce rolled his eyes as he gathered up his things to leave.

"Delanee, whether you think it or not, he likes you back. I think tonight would be a perfect night to tell him." Bryce said with a teasing tone. The siblings headed out to the car, along with Bryce's wife, Kayla. The party was a quick 10 minute drive away, so the ride was relatively quiet.

As the Harpers pulled up, Delanee felt her heart start to race as she saw the car of her best friend J.T. pull up at the same time. J.T. spotted the trio and made his way over before entering the house.

"Bryce!" J.T. greeted first with a hug. He then went to Kayla before ending in Delanee. Bryce and Kayla made their way inside leaving the other 2 to say their hellos.

"Delanee, hey." J.T. said, giving the girl a hug.

"Hey J.T." The girl responded as they pulled away. "How have you been?" Delanee asked as the pair made their way inside. Before J.T. could respond, they were immediately bombarded by greetings from the rest of the team. J.T. was pulled away from Delanee, as she made her way to the kitchen to find a drink.

When she reached the kitchen, Delanee saw Bryce again. He noticed her walking in and poured her a glass of champagne.

"Where's Prince Charming at?" He asked teasingly while handing her the glass.

"Very funny, Bryce, but like I said, we're just friends." The girl said as she took a sip of her drink. Bryce rolled his eyes at her denial. Just then J.T. walked in with Kyle Schwarber, causing Delanee to turn immediately away.

"Way to make it obvious" Bryce mumbled under his breath as the men moved towards them.

"Hey Delanee, long time no see!" Kyle said greeting the girl for the first time tonight.

"Kyle! How are you?" Delanee asked hugging the man back. The two talked a bit while Bryce and J.T. had a a conversation of their own. Out of the corner of her eye she saw the men keep glancing at her, but didn't think anything of it. As Kyle started to drone on about something Delanee didn't even know what he was talking about, Bryce and J.T. had slipped out of the kitchen and were nowhere to be seen.

A few sentences later Kayla had interrupted them and pulled Delanee aside.

"Hey Del, so here's the thing. You already said you felt kinda out of place and didn't know if you exactly wanted to be here," Kayla started. "So I was wondering if you would be able to go back home and watch the kids. Brooklyn got sick and the babysitter isn't comfortable being around her." Delanee was a bit shocked Kayla would ask. Delanee didn't really want to be there but she wanted to spend her weekend at a party, not babysitting.

After a minute of contemplating she ultimately agreed, because she could never say no to watching her niece and nephew.

"Yeah I'll do it." Before Delanee could finish Kayla was jumping for joy giving her sister in law a hug.

"Great! I'll call an Uber for you." As Kayla went to order the ride Delanee put her shoes on and gathered her things. She wanted to find J.T. and Bryce to say goodbye, but she had no idea where they were.

The Uber arrived about 15 minutes later, and when Delanee walked out she noticed J.T.'s car was nowhere to be seen. She frowned before getting in her Uber.

As Delanee pulled up to Bryce's house, she noticed the babysitter's car was gone, and instead J.T.s was parked on the side.

Delanee paid the Uber driver before making her way into the house. She was shocked to find J.T. playing trains with Krew, while Brooklyn was nowhere in sight. She hung up her purse and took off her shoes before moving closer to the boys. Krew looked up to see Delanee and ran towards her.

"Auntie Lanee!" The boy shouted as he ran to his aunt. Delanee laughed and picked the boy up, giving him a bunch of kisses. She then propped her nephew on her hip as she made her way to an already standing J.T.

"What're you doing here?" Delanee asked him.

"Bryce asked me to come watch the kids because Brook is sick." He explained.

"Huh, Kayla asked me the same thing." The pair stood awkwardly, not knowing why they would set them up like that, until it clicked in Delanee's head. She made a mental note that she'd get Bryce back later.

"Lanee!" Krew said breaking the silence. "Uncle J.T. said he loved trains too! He said he'll come over anytime I want him to!" The boy exclaimed excitedly.

"Wow bubba! That's so nice of him isn't it?" Krew nodded as he signaled he wanted down. She set the boy down and he ran over to him trains. This time is was J.T.'s turn to break the silence.

"Uhm, so, do you have any idea Bryce and Kayla would set us up?" Delanee froze as she felt her cheeks flush. She played with her fingers, trying to find an answer.

"Uhm, I do kinda. Can I go change and then we can talk?" She asked trying to buy herself more time. J.T. nodded and went back to Krew.

Delanee took her time getting unready, trying to put off telling J.T. how she felt. Just as she was ready to make her away downstairs, she heard footsteps coming up the stairs. She peeked her head out from the bathroom door to see J.T.  carrying Krew to his room. She smiled at the thought of J.T. being so well with kids. She watched how he interacted with Krew, and she could see just how much love they both had for each other.

As Krew was put to bed, Delanee decided to grab some of Bryce's comfy clothes for J.T. to change into.

As J.T. closed Krew's door Delanee came out of Bryce's room with the clothes.

"Here, I thought you could use these." She said and extended the clothes to J.T. He thanked her and changed as Delanee went back to the living room and poured two glasses of wine. She waited for J.T. to return, and when he did, she couldn't help but noticed the way he could make even sweatpants look good. He took a seat next to Delanee on the couch before starting the conversation.

"So," he started. "You think you know why they sent us here?" Delanee took a sip of wine before starting.

"J.T." She said facing the man. "I like you. A lot. Tons even. And I have been denying it for a really long time. Bryce and Kayla both knew this which is why I'm assuming they told us separately. I didn't want to tell you because of how close we are." Delanee was shocked by her sudden confidence, but was even more shocked J.T. just stayed silent. She waited a few more moments before talking again.

"Look, I understand if you don't like me back like that, or whatever you're feeling, but I just-" Delanee was cut-off but J.T. leaning forward and kissing her. She was shocked for a minute and didn't react, but caught on quickly and kissed him back. They pulled away after a moment, both of them smiling like idiots.

"Delanee, you have no idea how long I wanted to hear that." He said with a laugh.

"Trust me, you have no idea how long I've wanted to." The pair shared another kiss before getting comfortable on the couch watching a Christmas movie.

When Bryce and Kayla returned home at the early hours in the morning, they found the house pitch black with J.T. and Delanee sound asleep on the couch.

They laughed upon seeing the pair on the couch, as Kayla held out her hand as though waiting for money.

"Told you this would work."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

119K 810 42
finished unless i feel like writing again!
6.3K 83 13
requests closed cover by me <3 too many oneshots that always seem to include dogs.
864K 9.1K 82
Imagines with your favorite players (Mainly NHL, but I'm also open to do OHL, AHL, NWHL, etc.) Thank you so much for reading!
532K 10.1K 119
DISCONTINUED The title is pretty self explanatory...