romance is not dead // bbangs...

By k1mmin

Hanni just moved back to Seoul with her bestfriend Danielle. What awaits her in her college life? or may I sa... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16...
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20

Chapter 1

4.6K 167 45
By k1mmin

*alarm rings*

"Ugh." Hanni groans as she reaches for her alarm clock. "Mondays are so dreading."

She stretches as she tries to bring her body to sit down, barely awake.

As she pushes herself to stand up, someone comes pounding at her bedroom door.

*loud knocking*

"Hanni-ya, wake up or we'll be late for our first class its 6:30 am already and you take soooo long to get ready." Her itty bitty early bird roommate shouts.

"YEAAAA! Dani! i'm awake give me a break! you know how much I love sleeping." Hanni shrugs, she can never keep up with Dani's energy in the morning.

Hanni and Dani have just been roommates since February, but since both their parents were bestfriends since highschool, they practically grew up together. They always lived in the same neighbourhood, both in Korea and Australia, they also went to the same school, spent holidays together, had vacations, and now they moved to Seoul together to attend uni.

Danielle opens Hanni's bedroom door "Our daily breakfast has been delivered~ come and eat with me already." she pouts as she pulls Hanni's hand, gesturing to go to the dining table. Neither Hanni or Danielle knows how to cook so they've subscribed to a daily breakfast plan so that they can have breakfast readied for them everyday and for their lunch and dinner, they just always eat outside or get food delivered.

Hanni yawns, she just nods at Danielle as they walk together leaving her room.

———————————————

Hanni's POV

It's finally our first day, but it still hasn't fully sunk in to me yet. Dani and I moving has been such a huge step in our lives, I'm so glad Dani and I are together and that we're taking the same degree in the same university. I wouldn't have gotten this far without someone to ground me, being so far from home has been a huge adjustment but I'm glad im learning to be more independent and deci-

"Hellooo?" Dani snaps me out of my deep thought.

"What?"

"Love, you've been staring at the potato pancakes for a whole minute. Are you okay?"

"STOOOP, you know I can't function well in the morning"

"Get your juices up, sweetie! 'cause if you just stare, we'll be here until noon"

I roll my eyes as I hear Dani's corny gesture, "I might be a little older than you but you act so much more like a mom than I do" I shake my head and chuckle at her.

"No, I don't? I just care!" Dani gives me a little nudge and shakes her head as well. "Just go eat already so we wouldn't be late"

"Okay mama Danielle" I said in a teasing tone, Dani is seriously so mother-like, she's so sweet and caring. I'm sure if she gets any love interest she'd baby the hell out of them. Ew, I don't want to imagine her being boo-d up, it seems so weird. Phew Pham Hanni just shake it off and leave it as a thought.

I check my phone to see if I have any notifications, not that i'm expecting any it's just a sort of habit I gue—SHIT it's almost 7am. I have to move faster or else we might be late.

I hope my professor isn't strict nor mean. It would leave a great deal of pressure if my monday morning classes would be welcomed with fright and terror. I unconciously let out a sigh.

"What are you moping over?" Danielle asks

"Oh, im just worried about getting terror professors, its just a little nerve racking... i guess"

"Hanni, be forreal. We havent even attended classes and you're worrying about all that already! We'll be fiiine. Dont go fretting so early"

"I think i'm just feeling a little homesick and nervous."

"Stop the moping already, this is sooo not you. hurry up we have 30 minutes left until class"

"Fine, fine! I'll go get ready"

I finished my breakfast and went to have a quick shower. I changed into the outfit I planned on wearing since last night, a white ribbed top, paired with a denim jacket and my cute trusty denim shorts. I wasn't able to put that much makeup since it might take up too much of my time but I think I look presentable enough for my first day in uni.

Dani and I drove to Uni and walked our way to our building where our classes are assigned.

"I hope we get some cute classmates" Dani instigates a conversation.

"I sure hope so, I think It's time I finally experience some romance in my life"

"Finally experience?" Dani mocks me "Shut up, suitors we're lining up at you back in Melbourne."

"As if you didn't have yours too, Danielle." I roll my eyes at her.

"I never said I didn't, you're the one acting as if you weren't stressing over that little boy fling you had last summer"

I let out a loud gasp. "OH NO, YOU DID NOT DANIELLE MARSH"

She's not lying though I did have my fair share of flings back in highschool but I never fully experienced real romance, the one where you find yourself smiling over for no reason or hearing your heartbeat so fast that everything else around you stops. Is that even real? I read it in books, see them in movies but does that actually happen? Maybe I'm just incapable of all that or maybe I just havent met the guy for me yet. I think I'll just daydream about trying to ever understand what romance truly is.

I was about to hit Danielle after her remark when she dodges and points at the room to our right. "Oopsie! I think this is our room". I stop on my feet.

"Oh, thank God we're not late." I tell Dani as we enter the room.

————————————

"Good morning class. I am Mr. Choi, I will be your professor for Literature."

Our professor doesn't seem too bad, he doesn't seem mean at all. I look around the class to check if we have any cute or interesting classmates but it seems that none piques my interest except for that boy sitting infront but he's nothing too special. Ugh this is so boring.

"I will not be requiring attendance but please make sure to be able to answer and pass the requirements I give out, and keep your voices low because I do not-"

Someone walks in the door cutting our professor off. "Good morning sir." the late student greets the man in front.

"Good morning, Ms?" Signalling the girl to introduce herself to him.

"Kim Minji, Sir. Sorry for being late" the girl announces herself.

Dani nudges me and I look at her with confusion, what does she want?

"Isn't she the sister of Kim Taehyung hyung?" Dani whispers at me. Kim Taehyung's sister? I didn't even know she had a younger sibling, thats so random. Kim Taehyung is my older brother's childhood bestfriend, that's so far-fetched right? though we never really got to acquaint because we already moved to Australia when I was 6, and I barely remember much from my childhood here in Korea.

"I have no idea" I answer Dani. Dani has had a happy silly crush on Kim Taehyung since we were little and I found it so weird especially since he's too old for me but Dani kept defending herself saying it's cause he has a handsome unforgettable face. "That's her sister!" Dani widens her eyes at me as she exclaims that the girl who just walked in is in fact my brother's former bestfriend's sister. I just nod at Dani and looked over at the girl who was walking her way to a seat.

She's pretty, she gave a cute little smile to our professor when she greeted him. Her eyes curled along with her smile that's such a cute feature to have. Her hair was down and she was wearing a blue knit pullover paired with light jeans. She's carrying a tote bag with her with a small bear print on the corner. The sun was hitting her face while walking to a seat, she has such a nice nose, she covered her eyes from the sunlight beaming at her, she almost looked like she's glowing and... SHE JUST SMILED AT ME.

I immediately turn away, she just caught me staring at her. That is so embarassing. I was just trying to gauge if she looked familiar in any way but I ended up looking at her for too long. I feel my blood rush to my face, I seriously am so embarassing. "Girl, she's cute. I guess attractiveness runs in their family." Dani whispers to me waking me up from my running thought. I just furrow my brows and rolled my eyes at Dani. Why did I stare at her for so long. Ugh why am I even panicking? it's not like she minds having someone looking at her, whatever I'm not really into girls so it's not like awkward or whatever. I tried stealing a quick glance at her again confirming if she really is cute as to what Dani's declaring and I guess she is. What? Why am I even thinking about this?

—————————

I take the keys in my pocket and open the door to Dani and I's apartment. "We survived our first day~!" Dani shouts as we enter.

"It wasn't bad at all" I answer Dani as I throw myself to our couch. It really wasn't, our professors we're mainly just introducing our subjects and setting class rules.

"OMG, Kazuha from chemistry was sooo pretty, and Soobin from literature was pretty cute too." Dani starts her crush expedition. She really loves admiring people.

"You forgot about Kim Minji" I added.

"Oh yeah, her too!" She says. After a few seconds, she turns her head at me with wide eyes "WAIT? You think SHE'S cute?" she looks at me with teasing eyes her jaw almost dropping to the floor.

"What? No, I didn't say that" I look at her with my brows furrowed. "You just did! I thought you were not into girls?" Dani says as she mischievously smiles at me. "Yeah I'm not! I-I just remembered how you mentioned that you thought she was cute" I explain myself to her. Do i find her cute? No? Why would I. "Okay? Why are you being so defensive?" Dani teases me as she walks over to get our take out ready. "Cause you're putting words in my mouth" I roll my eyes at her.

Dani just laughs at me as she readies our food, her eyebrows jerking up and down. I just look at her with a stoic face. I did not imply that I found her cute, I literally just reminded her of what she told me earlier plus I'm not into girls. She really had a nice nose though plus her smile was nice too. She also kept playing with her pen earlier so she kept catching my attention, So what if I thought she was cute? What? What am I even thinking?

"Stop daydreaming about Kim Minji and come eat dinner already" Dani still teasing me.

"Can you stop?"

*Ding*

Both our phones receives a notification.

"Welcome to Seoul National University Ms. Pham Ngoc Han." the notification spells out. I open it as i walk toward our dining table. I give Dani the widest smile.

"Why whats up?" Dani curiously asks.

"SNU will be having an acquaintance party for freshmen's this weekend!" I exclaim to her with an excited grin.

———
A/N
Hi guys! its my first time writing a fanfic ever i hope you guys like it. still thinking of how the plot will go but pls look forward to the next chapters soon!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

89.8K 4.6K 39
Two best friends in a room, they might kiss!? But actually they won't. They have been best friends since birth. The one a hopeless romantic and the o...
23.1K 1.2K 16
Danielle Marsh recently moved to Seoul from Australia. She will attend one of the richest, and most well known university in Seoul, Korea. How exciti...
12.1K 758 22
Kang Haerin is known for being the quiet and weird kid in school, but what no one knows is that she is a serial killer who has been terrorizing the c...
3K 186 7
(Idol AU) Throughout your whole life, all you've ever done was contained in a small town in South Korea. You were perfectly fine with everything that...