Therapy - Drarry βœ”οΈ

By SettleDown1D

The one where Harry and Draco reconnect on the Hogwarts Express, and liquid luck seems to come in the form of... More

Therapy
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27

Chapter 19

7.8K 285 378
By SettleDown1D

Harry was still amazed by how quickly the winter season took Hogwarts by storm. Returning on December 2nd meant the castle was decorated for Christmas. It seemed that Hogwarts was absolutely bursting with Christmas cheer to compensate for the past few years.

"Good morning students, I have an announcement. Firstly, I hope you're all liking the new shift in decor. Now, I would like to make you all aware that we will be hosting a winter ball in two weeks time before you go on break. Fliers are posted around the school. I do hope that you will all be in attendance."

Ron looked across the table at Harry sourly, both of them thinking about the yule ball.

"This one will be better," Ron manifested aloud.

"Because I'm not going."

"You're going," Draco and Ron instructed in tandem.

"Apparently it wasn't a question," Harry replied, head propped up on his hand.

"It's our last year to make good memories," Ron said softly. "Take it."

"Right now I'm going to take breakfast up to my room."

"Do you want me to come with you?," Draco asked in concern.

"I need a few minutes. Make sure you eat."

Frowning, Draco watched Harry leave the Great Hall.

"It's not you Malfoy, fourth year was rough on him what with the tournament and everything."

"I just wish I could do more for him."

"Believe me, you're doing more than any of us could do, aside from Felix. I'm sure he's just going to take Felix for a walk or something and meet back up with you in class. Sometimes he just needs fo process and he can't do that when there are so many eyes."

"Understood."

After breakfast, Draco decided to go into his own room before visiting Harry. Opening his door, he gasped and stopped in his tracks.

"Do you like it so far?," Harry asked hopefully.

To combat his feelings of dread and the surge of unpleasant memories, Harry decided to put his plan for Draco in action.

"You decorated for me?," Draco asked in awe, eyes wide as he took in the room.

"I thought we could decorate my room together?"

"You're perfect. Absolutely perfect. I can't even say anything else right now. You've made me speechless."

"Let me show you what else I bought before we have to head to class."

If Draco wasn't enamored before, he was absolutely gone now. The whole day he was giddy, smiling, and laughing, and those in the school who hadn't known about Draco's change felt very on edge as he greeted everyone happily in the hallways. He held onto these feelings, and used them to motivate himself. He had a very important conversation to have, and it wouldn't do himself any good to completely let his guard down.

During this time apart, Harry was in Ron's room, sprawled out on his bed.

"What's up, mate?"

"I'm so far gone I think it's pathetic."

"I'd ask if there was trouble in paradise, but based off of Malfoy's smile all day, I'd guess the opposite."

"I think his smile is bright enough to scare away the dementors," Harry replied with a sigh, rolling onto his side to face Ron.

"Oh you're absolutely whipped mate!," he said gleefully. "What are you going to do about it?"

"I have this plan..."

It was Friday when Draco put his plan into motion. He had been bouncing around the whole week, and Harry couldn't tell if he was nervous or just excited that there was snow predicted in the forecast. Either that or he had caught wind of Harry's plan and was waiting to confront him.

Draco had disappeared at the end of dinner, and Harry was going to look for him when Ron asked if they could talk for a few minutes.

"Erm... what do you think I should get Malfoy for Christmas?"

"You want to get him something?," Harry asked in shock.

"He's not so bad," Ron said defensively. "I'm just trying to play nice."

"Well, he absolutely loves anything about Christmas. He also loves chocolate. Maybe a nice tea set?"

"What are you getting him?"

"I have an idea, I just need to see how it plays out. He's been a little off this week, I was just going to check on him."

"I'll walk up with you mate. Do you have time to hit Diagon this weekend? I was thinking we could do a boys trip."

"I can make time, yeah. Did you want to go Sunday before dinner?"

"You're still coming then?," Ron asked happily.

"I am."

"I think you should bring Malfoy."

"I dunno Ron-"

"Mum and dad understand you know. They miss having you around. Besides, I think George has taken a liking to him."

"I'll ask him," Harry conceded as they made it up to the common room door. "After you. I love you and all, but I am not getting caught under the mistletoe with you. I want to burn every one that I see."

"Clearly you don't love me enough," Ron said dramatically.

"You know you're the only one for me, but our love is forbidden."

"The love triangle of the century," Ron replied solemnly, quoting the Daily Prophet, before the two lost it in a fit of giggles.

"I'll see you later mate," Harry said cheerfully, his spirits lifted.

Ron had a habit of doing that. Harry was debating whether to go into his room or Draco's room when his door creaked open.

"Draco?," he called cautiously.

"In here darling."

Exhaling a sigh of relief, Harry walked into his room, closing the door behind him.

"Maybe we should skip the ominous- oh."

Before him, Draco was holding a rather large poster board with a question on it. "Picture us together at the ball?" it asked, and was decorated with photos the two of them had taken during the course of their friendship. There was a large empty space in the middle, where presumably a photo of the both of them from the ball would be added.

"Picture us together at the ball?," Draco asked quietly, hope filling his voice.

"Yes. I would go anywhere with you."

Harry had half a mind to kiss him and took a step forward when Draco grinned, laughing when cheering came out of their shared bathroom.

"We need a picture with the two of you holding the poster," Ron instructed, coming out of the bathroom holding Harry's phone.

"How did you even get these printed?," Harry asked in amazement, looking down at the poster.

"I had some help," Draco admitted, looking up as Hermione walked out of the bathroom.

"Hermione?!," Harry asked in surprise, confusion and mild concern etched on his face.

"We have a lot to talk about, but I realized that I was fighting the wrong battle. Change happened too quickly, and I was holding on to the last thing that I had known to be true. He's not who he used to, and we've come to an understanding. I can't forgive him for the past, not yet, but he handled my unfounded accusations without a single retort. I'm sorry to the both of you, and I know that it doesn't rectify my actions but-"

Harry cut her off by pulling her into a big hug, tears threatening to spill over.

"This means everything to me, thank you."

"He really does care for you. I can see it now."

Sniffling, Harry wiped the tears from his eyes, before moving to pull Draco into a big hug.

"I hadn't realized you took so many pictures."

"They're better when they're in the moment. I didn't even know you took my phone."

"I am a Slytherin after all. I had no idea how to get the pictures out, and Granger was kind enough to help me."

"The two of you went around the muggle world, together?"

"It went exactly how you'd expect it to," Draco replied with a snort, leaning his head against Harry's shoulder.

"The two of us are going to head out now. I better see you on Sunday, Malfoy."

"What's Sunday?," Draco asked in confusion.

"For starters, Ron wants to have a boys day. Go out to Diagon and do some shopping. Then, he told me that you're invited to Sunday night dinner."

"The fact that I would rather sit through dinner with the Weasley's who I'm fairly certain still hate me, with good reason, than go out into Diagon should tell you all you need to know."

"I would never let anything happen to you."

"Harry, if someone looked at me the wrong way you wouldn't be able to control your magic," Draco said gently.

"Will you at least consider it?"

"I'll think about it."

"Thank you. I really do love this poster."

"So they were happy tears?"

"Of course they were. Merlin, you went through so much effort for me, and I don't know why, but I love it. I love you," Harry said gently, cupping Draco's cheek in his hand.

"I'll go with you on Sunday," Draco blurted out in surprise.

"Tell me again during the week when you're not surprised," Harry said, laughing as he pulled Draco into a hug.

Pressing a kiss to the top of Draco's head, he asked him where he thought the poster should be hung up and displayed. They decided on the wall next to Harry's bed, and Harry was pleased.

"Let's finish putting our decorations up shall we?"

"Are we still seeing my Mother tomorrow?"

"We are. I just have one quick stop to make first," Harry promised.

"Okay. We can choose our dress robes tomorrow, she has all of the newest catalogs."

"I vaguely remember promising you that you could pick?"

"Obviously I'll give you the options to choose from. I'm thinking silver and green of course. I already have so many ideas!"

Harry watched as Draco seemed to deflate a little bit.

"What's wrong?"

"You're okay to be seen with me right? You're not embarrassed or-"

"Draco, the only thing I'm worried about is people treating you even worse for being seen with me. I hope I've made it very apparent that I love spending time with you. People will always speculate about me and that's just not something I can help, but I will protect you as best as I can.

Besides, everyone is going to be jealous I get to walk in with the most stunning person at Hogwarts on my arm. It's not every day such beauty graces these halls."

"Okay," Draco agreed, like he was convincing himself. "Everything will be fine."

He had really hoped that this would be true, but now he wasn't so sure. It wasn't his fault per se, he thought it was funny watching Harry get trapped in various corners of the common room. Harry was positively oblivious when he walked, and Draco was a Slytherin afterall.

Draco was already out the door, ready to see his mother when Harry stopped him yet again.

"Draco why do you insist on putting these up everywhere?," Harry called in frustration, stuck under a second enchanted mistletoe. "You said they weren't charmed!"

"They're pretty, and they're fun to have around," he explained patiently, a smirk playing at the edge of his lips.

Harry was most certainly not having fun, but he had an idea as to how he could have some fun.

"Is that so?"

"Yes," Draco agreed, casting the spell to release Harry.

"Would you say I'm deserving of fun?"

"Of course you are-"

"Good."

With a glimmer in his eyes, Harry grabbed Draco by his tie and pulled him under the mistletoe. Cupping Draco's face with his other hand, thumb brushing across his cheek, Harry kissed him softly.

"Huh, I'm starting to see what's so fun about it," Harry spoke, pulling away. "I think we need to have fun together more often," he called over his shoulder, walking out of the common room.

Draco leaned against the doorframe in shock, fingertips brushing over the ghosting feeling of Harry's lips pressed to his own. It was at this moment that Draco Malfoy came to terms with being in love with Harry Potter. He was absolutely terrified.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.8K 1.6K 16
A Drarry Story in which both Harry and Draco are Aurors. Set seven years after the war. All is going well, apart from the two men still don't talk to...
65.2K 3.5K 25
Artist! Harry and Businessman! Draco Muggle AU. Or the one where Harry's fax machine buttons are so covered in paint that he mistypes his intended p...
936K 27.5K 25
Drarry slow burn, fluff and maybe a little smut but you will have to read it to find out. NOT MY ARTWORK CREDIT TO ARTISTS OBVIOUSLY BEFORE PEOPLE CO...
108K 3.8K 30
Various Drarry one shots I come up with that don't fit in with the storylines of my full length Drarry books. Cover designed by @izzy_926 I don't ow...