Undiscovered Truths

By SunrisexCamren

Everyone has skeletons in their closets More

Prologue
Loss Of A Father
Mock Honeymoon
Old Faces
A Mysterious Stalker
Warm Welcome
Private Investigator
When Their Journey Began...
Problems Can Be Resolved
Work With, Having It
Unwanted Discovery
Barbecue
In The Fire
Downpour Before The Storm
Out Of The Dark
Everything Becomes Clear
Taking Some Time Apart
Karaoke Bar
An Unforgettable Past
Nothing In Mind But You
Family Beach Day
Not An Easy Game
Complete Family Once Again
Couples Therapy
Shocking Discovery
Wrong Kind Of Love
In Question
Threat
A Disturbing Obsession
A Major Break Through
Legal Team
Taken To Court
Newborn
Epilogue

Confrontation

202 22 9
By SunrisexCamren

"Okay, so... murder weapon. What's next?" Camila asks.

"Ariana, was it? You sure you don't know where Grace can be?" Detective Rose looks at the college student.

"I already said no. I just came to give this to the police. I don't want any part of this," Ariana says.

"Ariana, if she is threatening you to not tell us where she is, I promise you, you and your family will be safe. Please, tell us anything you know about Grace's whereabouts," Detective Rose says.

"There could be a place but she won't go there, I know about it, Grace isn't stupid," Ariana says.

"What is this place?" Detective Rose asks.

"There's this abandoned construction site behind the college that a lot of us students go to you know... Fuck... And Grace and I always went there when we wanted to just get away from all the bullshit. She could be there," Ariana says.

"I'll just ignore the part where you guys are all trespassing," Detective Rose says. He stands up and motions Ariana to do so as well. "You are coming with me," He says.

"To where?" Ariana asks.

"To the abandoned construction site," Detective Rose says.

"I... Okay," Ariana sighs heavily and stands up.

Detective Rose looks at Camila and Lauren. "I'll stay in touch," He says.

Ariana and Detective Rose leave as Lauren and Camila sink into the couch.

"As much as I know that Grace needs to serve time for what she did, I don't want her to," Camila says.

"Oh, I got an idea. If we can convince everyone that Grace is mentally ill they will send her to a mental hospital instead of jail," Lauren says.

"I don't want to do that either but... Better than having her in that place," Camila says.

"And I am a pediatrician. I can explain the Electra Complex illness," Lauren says.

"You said doctors and scientists do not believe in that anymore," Camila says.

"Yes. But I didn't say it's not completely impossible," Lauren says.

Camila lets out a heavy sigh and covers her face with her hands as she leans forward and rests her elbows on her thighs.

"I suppose you know more about this than I do," Camila says.

Lauren moves and kneels in front of her wife. "I will do anything to keep our daughter away from that place," She says.

"And I will too," Camila says. The brunette's phone dings and she pulls it out. "It's... A text from Grace," Camila says.

"What does it say?" Lauren moves and sits down next to her wife.

"'Come to this address. Only you and mother. Nobody else'," Camila reads.

Lauren takes in a deep shaky breath. "We're not going are we?" She says.

"We have to get to her before the police do," Camila says.

"Fuck... Okay," Lauren says.

"Let's go," Camila stands up.

"Wait... I have a bad feeling about this," Lauren stands up.

Camila winces at the thought of all the possible things that can go wrong.

The brunette takes her wife's hands in hers and brings them up, softly kissing her knuckles multiple times.

"I'll protect you, I promise. I will die for you," Camila says.

"Don't... Please," Lauren whispers.

Camila brings her hand up and cups the back of Lauren's neck. "I'm not lying," She speaks softly.

The brunette connects their lips in a slow kiss as Lauren lets out a soft sigh.

"I love you," Lauren mumbles.

"I love you too, mi amor, so much," Camila says.

Lauren wraps her arms around the brunette's waist. "It's almost over," She says.

"I know," Camila nods.

"We should... Get going before the police end up getting to Grace before us," Lauren says.

"Your right," Camila says.

She moves to the front door and grabs her car keys from where they were hanging.

In the car, on the way to the address, Lauren and Camila sit in silence, the green-eyed girl starting outside the window and the brunette aser-focused on the road.

"This is bad," Camila finally speaks.

Lauren looks over at her wife, who glances at her quickly before looking back at the road.

"I feel like we shouldn't go there without alerting Detective Rose," Camila says.

"I feel the same but... We can't risk provoking Grace," Lauren says.

Camila sighs and rests a hand on the green-eyed girl's thigh. "I will enter first," She says.

"What? Your crazy," Lauren says. She rests her hand on top of her wife's and looks at her. "I will go in first," Lauren says.

Camila tightens her hand into a fist underneath Lauren's hand. "No. If she is obsessed with me as it seems, she wouldn't hurt me. But she could possibly hurt you," Camila says.

"As much as I don't want to believe it, I know it's true," Lauren frowns.

After a couple of more minutes of driving, Camila pulls up into an old, abandoned neighborhood.

She parks the car by the curb as both girls look around at the run-down houses.

"Hold on..." Lauren trails off.

"Isn't this the first neighborhood we lived in when we moved in together?" Camila asks.

"Yeah. I thought they were gonna renovate it into a grocery store. That's why they advised everyone to move out and provided available houses they can permanently move into," Lauren says.

Camila points to a house down the street. "That was our house," She says.

Lauren falls silent as she just stares at the old house, somehow a little better in shape than the others.

"If I had to guess, she's in there," Lauren finally speaks.

Camila lets out a deep sigh and unclips her seatbelt. "Well, we're here, no point in going back," She says.

"I suppose. You have the car keys," Lauren says.

They both get out and they walk over to the very first house they lived in as a couple.

"This brings back memories," Lauren says.

"Yeah. We moved in here when Grace was five or six," Camila says.

"Somewhere around that age," Lauren nods.

Camila turns to her wife and a smirk tugs at her lips. "I know this isn't the right time for this but do you remember... How we made love..." She says, motioning to the house.

Lauren couldn't help but laugh as she places a hand on the brunette's shoulder. "Oh I do," She says.

Camila bites her lower lip and takes the green-eyed girl's hand that's on her shoulder, facing the house.

"Okay... Let's go in," Camila says.

Carefully, the two girls enter through one of the front shattered windows.

Inside, Camila and Lauren look around the house they wander into the living room, to see the worn-out couches.

"I wonder why they didn't end up building the grocery store. They just abandoned this place," Camila says.

"I think I heard around that the construction company went bankrupt before they could even begin," Lauren says.

"It seems like nobody else is here," Camila says.

"Looks like we have time to kill," Lauren says.

Camila groans as she shakes her head. "The fact that it can be an outcome... Don't say that," She says.

"Sorry," Lauren says.

Camila walks over to the stairs and cautiously sits down at the very bottom one.

Lauren walks over and softly takes a seat beside her wife. "Do you need comforting?" She asks.

The green-eyed girl places her hand on Camila's knee to still her leg since the brunette was bouncing it up and down at a rapid pace.

"Y-yes," Camila speaks softly.

Lauren turns the brunette to face her as she connects their lips into a tender, comforting kiss, wrapping her arms around her wife like she can protect her from anything.

"I used to love seeing you guys together. When I was younger I always wanted to have the relationship you guys had when I grew up."

The two girls abruptly pull away from each other and stand up to see Grace standing by the boarded-up door.

"Grace," Camila says. She steps in front of Lauren, shielding her body with hers.

"Don't be alarmed. I'm unarmed," Grace holds her hands up.

"Why did you text me so we can meet you here?" Camila asks.

Grace doesn't answer as she looks around at the house, a soft smile on her lips. "I vaguely remember this house," She says.

"You were so excited when we moved in," Camila speaks.

"When I started feeling romantically attracted to you, mom, I couldn't handle seeing you and mother together. I couldn't handle knowing that she had feelings for you," Grace says the last part more quietly.

"What did you just say?" Lauren asks.

"She had feelings for mom. I already had enough with you, mother, as competition. I couldn't with a second one," Grace says.

"Who?" Lauren asks.

Camila went deathly still as she looks at her wife. "Taylor admitted to me two days before she was found dead that she was in love with me," She says.

"What?!" Lauren says a little too loudly.

Camila ignores her wife and looks back at Grace. "Taylor wasn't jumped by robbers. You killed her. Took all her belongings to convince everyone that she was jumped," She says.

Grace turns and stares at the brunette. "I want you for myself. I will do anything for you," She says.

"You were thirteen when your Aunt Taylor died. You killed her!" Lauren raises her voice.

"I did what I had to do. I killed my Aunt Taylor, I killed Shawn, and now you are the only one that's left, mother," Grace matches her mother's volume.

She throws open a drawer from an old stand and pulls out a gun pointing it over Camila's shoulder, straight at Lauren due to the green-eyed girl being just slightly taller than the brunette.

"Grace! Grace... Listen to me. Please... Put the gun down. Don't do this," Camila says.

She motions for Lauren to duck behind her and the green-eyed girl does.

"This will only stop until you accept me. Reciprocate the love I feel for you, Camila," Grace says.

"I would never. You're my daughter," Camila matches the girl's tone.

"I'm not! Now I suggest you stop talking or I will shoot both of you," Grace says.

Before anyone can say or do anything else, Grace gets tackled from behind as her arms are pinned behind her back.

"Grace Cabello Jauregui. You are arrested for the murder of Shawn Mendes," Detective Rose speaks. He snaps the handcuffs on her wrist and stands up, helping her to her feet with him. Detective Rose recites her Miranda Rights as he carefully hauls her out of the window they all entered from.

Camila turns to face her wife and pulls her into her arms as Lauren starts to cry, practically sobbing.

"It's okay, mi amor. We're okay. She won't hurt us, hurt you," Camila soothingly runs her hand through her wife's black hair.

She leads her wife outside as she looks around at the flashing lights of the police squad cars.

Inside Detective Rose's, on the passenger side, Camila sees Ariana who gets out when she sees the couple.

Ariana walks up to the married couple. "I'm so glad to see that you guys are okay," She says. She frowns and looks down at the ground. "I'm extremely sorry again for my involvement in Grace's scheme," Ariana says.

"What do you mean?" Camila asks. She turns to look at the young woman after she helped her still shell-shocked wife sit down on the steps.

"Grace sent me the gun for a reason. She wanted me to drive Detective Rose away from you two so she can get you guys here. She wanted me to get him as far away from y'all so he won't have time to save you guys, well more Lauren. I got Detective Rose out of the neighborhood before I rethought what I was doing and told him the truth. I'm glad I did in time," Ariana says.

Camila just stares at her before she pulls the girl into a tight, comforting embrace.

"You don't have to apologize, she had you threatened," Camila speaks softly. She cups Ariana's face in her hands. "Detective Rose knows this. You won't suffer any consequences for your actions," Camila says.

"But Grace..." Ariana frowns.

"Don't worry about her. Lauren and I have a plan," Camila says softly for only the girl to hear.

Detective Rose walks over after finishing talking to the group of officers as they get in their cars.

The squad cars drive away, including the one where Grace is sitting in the back seat.

"Are you okay, Mrs. Cabello?" Detective Rose asks the brunette.

"I'll be fine," Camila says.

"And you, Mrs. Jauregui?" Detective Rose walks and kneels in front of the green-eyed girl.

Lauren jumps a little when he places a hand on her shoulder to get her attention.

"I'm sorry for startling you," Detective Rose says.

"I..." Lauren chokes back new tears as she wipes away the old ones.

Camila moves and kneels next to Detective Rose in front of her wife, taking one of her hands into her own.

"I should take her home," Camila says. She helps her wife up and pulls her into her embrace. "She's not in the right head space to answer any questions," Camila says.

"She will be on a week's trial. But I will advise you guys, I'm not the judge, jury, or your lawyer, but from where I'm standing, Grace is getting 40, maybe even lifetime, in prison," Detective Rose speaks.

"She's ill," Lauren speaks softly.

Everyone turns to look at her as the green-eyed girl straightens her posture, wiping away her tears.

"And I'm going to prove it to the court," Lauren says.

"Right! If the judge declares her ill she will be sent to a mental hospital instead of jail," Detective Rose says.

"Well, I am a pediatrician," Lauren says.

That's the last thing she says before walking down the street to where her wife's car is parked.

Camila looks at Detective Rose and Ariana, raising her hand in a bye, and jogs to catch up to her wife.

"Lauren! Baby! Amor! Slow down," Camila calls out breathlessly.

The green-eyed girl stops to allow her wife to catch up to her.

When Camila does, she clutches at her chest, breathing heavily. "Damn I am out of shape," She breathes out.

Lauren turns around to look at her and despite the situation they are in, she smiles. "Yet you're a dog in bed," She says.

"Different kind of exercise," Camila smirks. She takes a couple of deep breaths before turning serious. "So what now?" Camila asks.

"We're getting her the best damn lawyers. We're gonna convince the judge and the jury that she is mentally ill. I don't want her to step into that place," Lauren says.

"Neither do I," Camila says. She takes her wife's hands in hers and interlaces their fingers. "I didn't ask Detective Rose when she will be taken into the courthouse but we need to get a legal team for her as soon as possible," Camila says.

"Agree. Let's go," Lauren says.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 30 183
387K 7.5K 200
@harrystyles started following you. ••••••••• i have no rights to any photos included in this story
28.6K 1.1K 35
A dangerous thirst between the two fiercest, dangerous players in the game