Broken Connection✔️

By Simplewriter_31

(completed) When Evelyn Cruz, the youngest of the Cruz siblings, comes full circle back to an old family frie... More

•Aesthetics•
•Authors note•
{1} How it began
{2} It's business
{3} Stop it.
{4} Lost
{5} Her.
{6} Perfection
{7} Eye contact
{8} Friends
{10} Trouble
{11} Memories
{12} Frustration
{13} Turn of events
{14} No remorse
{15} Harsh Memories
{16} Deadly Contract
{17} Addict
{18} Sensualy Loving
{19} Selfish.
{20} Welcome home
{21} People pleaser
{22} Calm before the storm
{23} Something real
{24} Surprise.
{25} Fairytale
{26} The storm starts rolling in
{27} Nightmare
{28} Something born in the dark...
{29} Does it end?
{30} Something missing.
{31} Run.
{32} Pain
{33} Understanding
{34} Burn the world for you
{35} A New Chapter
{36} Evermore
{37} Happily Ever After...
~Authors Note~
Epilogue {How it ended}
Dangerous Love

{9} Cruz sisters

513 11 2
By Simplewriter_31

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

My eyes open as a ray of sunlight disturbs my dark sleep. It only takes me a few seconds to realize that I'm in Grayson's bedroom. I jolt up from my laid-out position and look around.

I was in Grayson's bed, under the covers, still in my dress. When did I even fall asleep?

A couch in the corner of the room is where I find Grayson. He was sleeping. He was in a silent sleep, his chest moving slowly up and down with each breath.

It seems that I got up to fast because I get a sharp pain in my head. "Ow..." My hand comes up to my forehead and I gently rub it.

I pull the covers off my body and I get off the bed, my feet hitting the cold floor. I grab the bag I had put my work clothes in and I walk out of Grayson's room. As I quietly shut the door, I hear voices downstairs.

In no way did I want to interact with anyone in the house, so I quickly but quietly walk down the stairs. When I reach the bottom of the stairs I turn to spot a little boy running around with a golden retriever.

"Catch boy!" He tosses the ball in my direction without realizing I'm even there. The dog runs for the ball and grabs it. When He turns to run back to the little boy, he spots me, drops the ball, and runs over to me.

Shit.

"Dash no!" The dog leaps onto my dress and starts sniffing me. "Oh- uh-" I try pushing the dog off of me and the little boy runs to me. He grabs the dog by the waist and pulls him off. "Sit Dash." The dog sits and wags its tail uncontrollably.

Don't get me wrong the dog was cute but I wasn't trying to get him to jump all over me. Especially in a dress.

"I'm so sorry about that miss." The little boy giggles while apologizing, making me give him a warm smile. "You're alright." The boy then looks at me in confusion, then it turns into realization. "You're the girl who was crying after talking with my brother!" My brain clicks the two pieces together.

This wasn't just any little boy, this was Brody. Grayson's youngest sibling. The last time I saw Brody he was barely a toddler at two years old. He never got to make any memories with me since he was only just a baby.

"Oh, I- how do you know about that?" I ask nervously. This kid sure likes to talk louder than needed. I'm just trying to leave.

"I was in the car waiting for Grayson when I saw you run out of the building cry." He states petting the dog's head. "Miss," Brody looks back up at me and I tilt my head. "Were you crying because of something my brother said?" I stand looking at him without saying anything.

"My name Is Evelyn." I hold my hand out and I change the subject. He takes the change and places his hand in mine. "I'm Brody." I realize his hand and chuckle. "I know." This confuses him and he looks at me.

"How?" His confusion grows into curiosity and I have no other choice but to answer. "I've known your family since before you were born." Brody stares at me in disbelief before he just smiles and nods his head. "Cool."

My phone buzzes and I check the screen.

Dad- Where the hell are you?

Dad- We have a meeting in 3 hours.

Dad- Evelyn get your ass home in the next hour we have to discuss the job you took the other day.

I sigh and look at Brody. "Tell Grayson I said thank you for the ride here." I turn and bump into a hard surface. "Tell me yourself." I look up at Grayson's eyes. "Grayson. I thought you were asleep."

"Yeah well, your dress dragging on the floor isn't as quiet as you'd think," Grayson says before looking over my head and starting to talk to Brody. We were extremely close. Closer than I want to be.

I look down at his chest to see his white shirt fitted to his body. His abs were peering through the thin fabric and my breathing gets heavy just standing here. Suddenly, Grayson leans down to my ear and his warm breath sends a shiver down my spine.

"Stop looking at me like that Evelyn...." His voice is low in my ear and when he pulls away we stare at each other. "Brody go get my keys from my room please." Brody and his dog run up the stairs as I and Grayson stay looking at one another.

"Grayson-" I try speaking but he covers my mouth with his hand. "Don't." My eyes flutter and I go to take a step back but Grayson's arm wraps around my waist and pulls me into his body.

"Stop acting naive and ignoring something that you're clearly doing." He leans down to my face and I can't breathe correctly anymore. My chest is rising and falling heavily. "But then again, you said we are only friends." Brody's steps are heard coming back down the stairs and Grayson's hand and arm come off of me.

I clear my throat as Brody's hands, Grayson, the keys. "Bye Brody." That is all I can manage to say as we walk out of the house. Grayson holds my door open and I get in. I sit in the car as Grayson gets in himself in silence.

"Your house right?" He asks and I just nod.

That really just happened... I just had Grayson's arm wrapped around my waist and got pulled into him. I had his hand over my mouth. I can't help but only think of it as a blessing in disguise.

We all know my sudden and confusing yearning for him.

"I'll drop you off and leave only to not send Jessica and Jason," Grayson says in a calm unbothered voice.

Jessica.

Suddenly a wave of guilt floods me. How could I be thinking and having these interactions with her ex-boyfriend that tore her when they separated?

What kind of sister are you Evelyn? What the hell is wrong with you?

Whore.

Is the word that slams in my face.

I self-consciously wrap my arms around my body and turn my body toward the opposite side of Grayson. When I look up at the window I see the reflection of a confused Grayson staring at me.

My need to take full blame kicks in and I start tearing up. God, you're a horrible sister Evelyn. This is exactly why nobody will ever fall in love with you besides wanting to sleep with you.

You are a horrible person.

I am a horrible person...

•••••••••••••••

When we near my house I quickly wipe my tears and sit up. I'm ready to get out of this car.

I was ready thirty minutes ago.

Grayson's car comes to a halt in the driveway and I tug at the door handle but it doesn't budge. "What the hell. Let me out, Grayson." My voice is nervous and anxious. But I keep looking out the door and not at him.

"Evelyn." His voice is stern and I feel his gaze on me. "Evelyn look at me." I finally give in and slowly look back at him. His once-concerned gaze softens at the sight of my running mascara.

"Hey," He reaches for me and I pull away. "Evelyn, what the fuck is going on?" His concern comes flooding back and I just shake my head and tug at the door handle again. "Grayson let me out."

I just want to run inside and hide under my covers as I think about what a horrible person I am. I just want to get out of this fucking car. NOW.

"Not until you tell me what the fuck is wrong!" Grayson yells but in a pleading voice. "God- Just.- We are fucking idiots!" I struggle to let it out at first but It comes out in a frustrated yell.

The car falls into silence for what feels like an internity before Grayson speaks. "What are you talking about?" His voice has fallen in volume and it's more of a whisper. "Grayson we are pulling stuff like the zipping up my dress and pulling me into you but-" I turn to look at him.

"We both haven't even thought about the fact that you dated my sister... Do you know what a horrible person I am for letting those things slide?" Tears threaten to fall from my eyes.

"Evelyn me and Jessica feel like forever ago. Do you seriously think she should be above you right now?" He states. "Grayson that doesn't mean you never dated her!" He looks at me for a second before he smiles and shakes his head, looking down at his lap.

What the hell is so funny? We are in a serious conversation right now and he's deciding to smile.

"Why are you laughing?" I ask before he looks back up at me. "Because of this complete bullshit Evelyn!" His yell makes me jump a little. "How is it bullshit?!" I turn my body completely to face him.

How did this become an argument? We never argued back then.

But now it seems like it's all we do.

"Because she literally slapped you called you a fucking idiot and all you care for is not upsetting her? If anything she deserves it!" I scoff and stare at him. "Maybe she's right." Grayson gives me a quick look before he unlocks the car.

I stare at him. He stares out his window and says nothing.

"You may think that she deserves it but I don't think it's fair. You left her. You left us both." He keeps his silence. "You basically threw Jessica out as you left. I'm not going to be your rebound, Grayson.." I see him shake his head.

"You're not a fucking rebound Evelyn." He slowly looks over at me. "It just took me a while to realize that the last year before I left I wasn't in a relationship with Jessica anymore." I look at him confused.

"All Jessica wanted was to sleep with me. She acted as if that's not true but every time I tried having a decent conversation with her, all she did was slowly undress me." I can't help but suddenly feel a little guilty for yelling at him.

"But the only time I felt happy... The only time I felt as if I was in a caring and loving space," He looks down at his lap before he whispers words that make me freeze completely.

"-was when I was with you." He looks back up at a frozen me and shakes his head. "What I'm saying is you're not a rebound. You're not one because all it was is that I finally realized I had chosen the wrong Cruz sister." I swallow the lump in my throat before I grab my belongings and leave the car without a single word.

Did he really just say that? Or am I just losing my mind?

I have no clue. Either way, I've just fallen deeper into the water.

I don't know what I'm supposed to do with this information. The only thing I know to do is dig a small hole and push his words in. I bury them and walk away.

But I can't help and keep looking back at the hole.

Shit.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Date posted: 12/04/22

Words: 1930

Time posted: 11:00 pm

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 102 20
This book is not rated mature but it does have ONE chapter where mature content is involved so PLEASE do NOT report this book. "And how do you suppo...
335K 6.3K 56
"Why aren't you scared?" I whine and he laughs. "Come on, you wouldn't dare hurt me with that. It's too risky, and I can get out of this easily...
2.4M 75.6K 86
BOOK #1 in The Fire series TRIGGER WARNING IN SOME CHAPTERS He leans closer, keeping me pinned against the wall with his hands on either side of...
2.6K 90 14
When Enid Jones a straight A student and a perfect Islamic daughter any parent would wish to have, won a scholarship to the prestigious Montrose Acad...