No Matter What // Zayn Malik

By lostinparadise25

Olivia has had a crush on Zayn Malik from the moment she laid eyes on him, and I mean could you blame her? He... More

No Matter What
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Epilogue

Chapter 22

84.7K 1.6K 168
By lostinparadise25

One of my favorites! :D

*****************************************************************************************************************

Twenty Two

Olivia's POV

"You here?" I asked through my phone, balancing it between my ear and shoulder.

"Uh-huh. I'm out front."

"Be down in a sec."

"One." He said with a snicker.

"Not literally, stupid. Byeeee."

I hung up, grabbed Zayn's leather jacket - which I'd grown quite fond of - and ran downstairs.

"Where you going, little lady?" Ben stopped me before I was completely gone. "Do you have a date? Oooh. JOSH! OLIVIA HAS A DATE!" He yelled, smirking at me.

"LET'S CRASH IT!" Josh cackled from upstairs.

"NO!" I yelled, with a laugh. "I'll be back later, losers!"

I ran out the door and came out just in time, since I saw Zayn beginning to fumble with his cigars.

"Hey," i whispered, jogging over to him.

"Like your jacket." He winked, shoving the cigars away. I pretended not to notice.

"Thanks."

"I should buy you one. Then we can match."

"Shopping! Yay!"

"C'mon. It's cold out here." He opened the door of his car with a little smile. I returned it, slipping inside. He walked over to his seat as I looked around for any trace of him actually smoking. I just gave him an innocent smile and stopped rummaging through his nice car.

"Why do you smoke?" i asked quietly. He had the car started up, warm air blowing out and around us making me feel comfortable. The music was lowly playing as Zayn tensed a little in his seat.

"Stress." He muttered. "Relieves my stress. It's not easy being famous sometimes."

"Maybe I should try -"

"No!" He said quickly. "No, Olivia."

"I was only kidding -"

"Olivia, I don't care. I still don't want you harming your body at all!"

"Zayn, I -"

"I don't care how hard your life is getting! I don't care if your mom and dad aren't talking anymore. I don't care if your surgery is coming up and you're scared as hell!" He stopped only to take a deep breath. He pulled the car over even, showing me how worked up he really was about the whole thing.

"S-Sorry, I need to . . . "

He sighed and stepped out of the car, taking some deep breaths as he leaned against his black car. I sat quietly inside to myself for a while. I debated on whether to give him a cigarette or not. I started to call Harry to maybe see if something was wrong, but realized it was my job as his girlfriend to maybe find out.

I slowly got out of the car and quietly walked by him. Together we stood there against the car, in sweet silence. I took his hand, squeezing it occasionally. I closed my eyes, beginning to take my aid out to enjoy it more but Zayn grabbed my arm in an attempt to stop me.

"What's it like?" He asked softly. His eyes were right on me, It was intimidating, yet sweet.

"What do you mean?"

"To be able to block out the whole world with just a flip of your switch?"

I thought long and hard about this question. He made it - my deafness - sound like a blessing. Not a burden, but a gift.

I looked up at Zayn to see his soft, brown eyes. It was a little dark out and we were on the edge of a freeway. Still, the stars had nothing on Zayn's sparkling eyes. They gleamed and glistened till I realized that he was just crying.

My bad boy of a boyfriend was crying.

I turned to Zayn, caressing his cheek as I felt it begin to sprinkle a little.

"I-It's paradise," I whispered with a small smile. "Like you."

He grinned a little, as I squeezed his hand once more.

"What do you want to block out, Zayn? What do you want to switch off?"

"I just want to get away. From the paparazzi, from work, from the studio, just everywhere. You know?"

"I know." I smiled dryly. "Let's escape then."

Rain fell as soon as the words spilt out of my mouth. Zayn pulled me in to him, which I thought was an attempt to keep me dry. I'd gotten something better.

A kiss in the rain with Zayn freaking Malik. Check that off my bucket list.

My hands were running through his now soaking we hair as he kissed me tenderly. My heart skipped a beat as soon as he placed his lips on mine. Our kisses were slow, not too rough, and very passionate. He made me feel like I was on Cloud Nine. Everything was forgottten. He was my sweet escape.

He was intriguing with his bad boy attitude. All his tight leather jackets and style was a massive turn on. But his soft side was even sweeter. His nerdy side was adorable with his reading glasses and the way he might bite his lip if the story was really getting good. Everything was perfect about him.

We pulled away, breathless and merely looking at each other lovingly. We were soaking wet but I felt so warm with him.

"Still stressed?" I asked as we both laughed a little.

"Not when I'm kissing you." He kissed my head as we stood in the pouring rain. He pushed my hair out of my face, making me blush. "You're beautiful, doll."

"You are too." I played with his quiff a little. "Like a Ken doll."

"You're my Barbie doll. Minus the blonde hair."

"I'm orginally blonde you know."

"That's why your mum is blonde!" Zayn suddenly remembered. "Why did you dye it?"

"It's kinda stupid but some kids used to tease me all about it. Saying I wasn't related to Josh and Ben since I was blonde." I shrugged a little. "Really bugged me. They sent me notes and rude papers. I just dyed it this way to look more like them."

Zayn nodded a little till he picked me up and put me in the car as I squealed. He grinned a little as I kept asking why he did that and where we were going.

He stopped in front of what looked like a hair salon after driving a little ways. He took my hand and dragged me inside. We were still soaking wet so it was quite a sight.

"Lou!" He shouted, walking past all the other stations full of hairdressers and their clients.

Lou, their stylist, whipped her head up form her phone.

"Z-Zayn? I can't fit your whole body under a dryer, sweetie," She laughed at her own joke. "You two are soaking wet. Gosh, Livi you're shaking!"

"L-Little cold o-out there." I mumbled, letting out a small cough.

"What do you two crazies need? My shift's almost up."

Zayn whispered something in Lou's ear. Her grin grew wider and wider. I was scared now.

"Take a seat, darling. Won't be long now."

I was glaring at Zayn the entire time as Lou washed, dried, and "beautified" my hair.

Zayn dropped me back off at home after I kissed him once more, thanking him for an eventful night.

I walked in the house to see my mum quietly knitting in her chair as Ben, Josh, and my father were watching the telly. My parents coming out of their rooms and actually acknowledging one anothers presence was a beautiful sight. It made me grin as I quietly shut the door, making everyone's heads snap up.

My mother grinned for the first time in so long.

Josh gave me a thumbs up.

Ben and Dad were surprised, but eventually grinned.

I blushed a little, my all natural blonde locks framing my face now. Zayn insisted I go back to blonde.

"Little change is nice right?" He smiled innocently, flipping through a magzine as I sat under the dryer next to him. He squeezed my hand. "Can't fix anything without a little change."

"You're really determined to help me, aren't you?"

"You're my girlfriend. I'll do whatever it takes. No matter what."

"Maybe that boy does have a good effect on you." My dad smiled.

"Told you." My mom said. "It's very pretty, dear. You thank Zayn for me, all right?"

There was a quiet knock on the door and I turned to get it.

"Guess you can thank him now, Mum." I smiled and turned to face my boyfriend. "Hey."

He was holding a black umbrella with a cute, little smile on his face. "Hi Mr. and Mrs. Devine! Hey, guys." He smiled politely as everyone muttered a quick greatting. "You left this." He handed me his leather jacket.

"Malik," I frowned a little. "It's yours."

"Keep it, Devine." He insisted, kissing my cheek. When he pulled away, he tugged on a strand of my hair, making me giggle.

"Why don't you stay a while, Zayn?" Mum offered. "The boys were about to play one of their silly video games."

"They're not silly, Mum!" Josh groaned as she rolled her eyes with a small laugh.

Zayn did stay with my family and I for the night. For once, everything felt right again. All because of Zayn.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8M 27K 59
When Louis Tomlinson comes home to live in the house he and his little sister own, together he will also bring One Direction to live there too. Darcy...
404K 7.5K 20
Can you imagine what it would be like, to be the sister of THE Edward Sheeran? How it feels to know millions of people could be listening to your own...
1M 44.5K 90
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
14.5K 577 25
in which a guy met a girl online but little did she know they had met before... || a nct haechan fanfic ; â’¸hoshlogy started : 180416 ended : 200723 ...