RE: Summoned to the parallel...

By Lerpa2k2

Overworking, underpaid, and frustrated. That is the definition of a certain person named Jack Cooper, an aver... More

Character Sheet Vol 1 W.I.P
Chapter 0: A life cut short
Chapter 1: The TITANFALL PLAYER SYSTEM
Chapter 2: Where I am.
Chapter 3: Anomaly at the Mountain
Chapter 4: A bad premonition
Chapter 5: Numb
Chapter 6: A morning of different perspectives
Chapter 8: Giants Clash
Chapter 9: The way of the sword titan
Chapter 10: Status Update
Chapter 11: Reassurance
Chapter 12: Finally...Home
Chapter 13: Miruzo City...finally
Chapter 14: The maidens of the esteemed Quagmire Inn
Chapter 15: A pair of crimson redheads
Chapter 16: Adventurers' Guild registration
Chapter 17: One angry red head
Chapter 18: A very impossible feat
Chapter 19: The enslaved fairy
Chapter 20: The sweet release from her suffering and its adverse effect
Chapter 21: Cause of her suffering
Extra Chapter
Chapter 22: Despair and Hope
Chapter 23: A knight in shining armor?
Chapter 24: A fairy's friend
Chapter 25: The start of certain troubles
Extra Chapter : The fairy and the giant
Chapter 26: The prophecy...
Chapter 27: New stuffs, solo run
Chapter 28: My first solo dungeon dive
Chapter 29: Movements in the shadows
Chapter 30: Miasma Slime
Chapter 31: Man&Drones vs Slime
Chapter 32: Man&Titan vs 3 slimes
Chapter 33: The corrosive miasma slime's true form
Chapter 34: The winning move
Chapter 35: Boss's a pet
Chapter 36: Family
Chapter 37: Date?

Chapter 7: A metallic abomination's descent

839 37 9
By Lerpa2k2

Author Here

What's up sexy readers, this is the 2nd chapter for this month. I have more free time than I have ever imagined, turns out I have fewer works to do now that the Christmas break has officially descended upon the realm. Well, that does not mean I am very vacant though since work is also quite busy. I have 4 days where I work in a week starting now, it was 3 before, so yeah.....

As for the free time, I mean that UNI is on a break for now. I have 11 days until January 2, 2023, so that is quite a lot of time on my hands.

Still, I am thankful for everyone reading this story, and I hope you will have a good year as well~

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year everyone!

-Author who is still a single guy

================================================================================

How does technology affect one's description of a good life? Supposedly we have used these said gadgets on a daily basis which seems to have made us become totally dependent on them.

But how does that correlate with the situation?

[We're closer to Miruzo City mister! Look! The Minstral Lake can be seen from here!] (Rikka)

No, it's not about the lake. I was so deep in my thoughts that the idea of AI came to mind.

What is an AI and how does that differ from the robotic maid I heard about some time ago?

An AI is a system where an advanced computer learns, whereas the latter is just the human male's lump of cyberpunk desire. Why would you want to make a robotic maid serve you? Hello?

Other than that...the idea of having one to serve you sounds... amazing.

[Jack? Are you okay?] (Nene) right. I told them my name during breakfast.

Time check, it's already almost lunchtime...god why did I forget about that. 

I was in a daze until my consciousness goes back to me. With that, I saw Nene's worried face staring at the helmet I am wearing...

I wonder just why my mind goes from here to there when I have something important to do. Am I casually daydreaming?

[I'm fine, just thinking about certain things to do for precaution] of course that was a lie to hide my real thoughts. On another note, the lake seems to be deep blue in color...doesn't that mean it is that deep?

Other than that, it seems that the energy of these girls has now returned. I mean look at them.

[Woah! The Minstral Bird flock is there this time!!! Wow!!!!] (Tanya)

[Can you count how many birds there are from here?] (Nene)

[Let's see...one..two....five] (Tanya)

The rest were having it easy, but they were looking at the youngest with warm eyes as she counts each bird one by one. It's cute alright, not going to lie. A bunch of young girls frolicking on a lakeside...it's like something I missed during my youth. Ah? Right, I am supposedly turned back to my younger years...

[Hmmmm....] The thing I forgot, I bet it is about RONIN.

How should I coax these guys that what will fall to the earth won't kill us all?

They say that people of the fantasy world are the ones that take it far longer to adapt to things when it comes to bringing in new technology. I kind of hate that this fact may actually be a thing in this world. Come to think of it, I never saw any "cyberpunk-ish" technology those black vipers were having. There is no golem, no magical tablet screen, nor was there an automaton.

I guess this world may be stuck in the medieval to renaissance period type of civilization.

Right, there's that too.

Nah that can probably go for later. Enjoying a peaceful view like this may not be bad even if our arrival at the city may get delayed. Ahhh birds chirping, the sound of water splashing as well as their laughter eased my mind. It was as if nothing bad happened to them, at least their way of coping must have been successful. 

However, looking at the sisters frolicking in the shallow waters made me flinch. A red blinking marker was at where they were! I did not hesitate to act, I stood up and scouted the place where the girls were playing...and spotted an unusual mound.

[Move out of the water right now!] I cocked the gun and shouted at them. They looked at me with shock as I charged at them jumping up in the air twice. 

*Swiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiish!*

The grappling hook's cord wheezed in the air as it pulled me toward where it had attached the hook, my skin became cold as I grimaced at the worst possible situation to be in.

Using the grappling hook, I caught Rikka, Alurra, and Ema...but I was not able to reach Tanya and Nene.

[Shit!!!! Move aside you two!!!!]

[EH!? Ah?!!!!] (Nene)

[Big sis! Watch out!] (Tanya)

Nene, seeing that three of her sisters got dragged out of the riverside, then noticed that the part of the lakeside beside her bubbled, she then instantly holds Tanya in her arms...and something popped out of the water.

*Splash!*

A massive water column shot out of the air, something big caused it...but I am glad that Nene has a sharp response time. Thank goodness no one got injured. However, I managed to see what the being is...and it made my skin crawl.

Where did I see that thing again? It is quite the best to be put into a fantasy story, especially in ISEKAI LN where monsters are also present. Was it the thing Hercules defeated? That immortal multiheaded snake? If that thing was a snake, then this one must be a dragon.

[Graaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!] (??) Accompanied by its reveal, it let out an earth-shaking roar that made the water wave around it.

3 heads, a dragon with green scales, a pair of wings, and a sharp tail...Its 3 pairs of massive reptilian eyes stared at us like a predator sighting for its first prey...

It was none other than a hydra, the infamous monster that Hercules once fought.

================================================================================

What differentiates an animal from a monster?

Monsters aka demons are beings that terrorize the living, no matter what race they are, they will hunt the ordinary. As for the difference, an animal is an animal, a corrupted animal is a demon. Hence the distinction.

But what does that have to do with the boss-leveled monster in front of me? Also, why is this hydra three-headed?

[Ouuuaaa!!!!!] I fired every single remaining ammunition in the box mag as I moved here and there using the grappling hook, acting like some sort of web-slinging hero and then smacking the shit out of the 3-headed dragon with whatever I had. Bullets, grenades, punches, and kicks.

None of it matters, the big piece of shit had regeneration activated all the time, and the holes the bullets made just healed by themselves. The impact that blasted its flesh was gone, it was healed. I hated this kind of monster, not just in stories, but in MMORPGs. Fuck them regenerative monsters, being almost immortal caused me to have a hard time with them.

*Boom!*

[Fuck you!] I have unlimited grenades, my only problem is that my ordnance abilities need to recharge. Not allowing me to spam nades unto this big mean mother Hubbard.

I grappled all around the place, scouting for any weakness, but no.........none seems to be present for now.

I looked at the girls, and they were still nearby. Damn it! They did not evacuate at all?!

[Jack! Give me some time! I can do something about it!] (Nene)

[The heck is something?! Woah!!!!] I got distracted by her, I was almost crushed by the tail of the big guy as I moved around it.

What the heck could she do?! I feel worried about what her decision is, however, the rest of the girls supported her and she started chanting something.

[You better make it quick] I glanced at them for the last time as I reloaded another box magazine in the machine gun. This thing is taxing to fire mid-flight! The heck!!!!

The eyes of the hydra just looked at me as I approached it bravely...but damn...I feel like pissing my pants right now.

All my bravado is just purely on the surface, deep down my heart is trying to shout "help me!!!!!". But...I have to be brave for these girls.

[Let's dance you three-headed menace!] I charged the handle and faced it once again.

Problems after problem, I faced everything that came along the way. Be it personal problems or problems that others are facing...

But why do I have to be brave when facing these problems? Why am trying to be brave when I am a coward? That is because of a certain string of words once said to me.

"help those in need if you have the ability to do so"

"huh? But I am scared, what if the villain is more powerful?"

"say, Jack, when I was still a girl in my younger years, your father saved me"

"mmm...really? Dad did?"

"Yes yes, he did. That asshole is a total coward and is still a coward until now, however, if the danger somehow becomes related to me, then your father would become a total idiot and will do what he can just to save me from peril"

What differs between a hero and a villain? Somehow the face of my mother comes to my mind, for her words struck me deep inside.

[The fuck am I thinking at this point!] Woosh, the claws of the hydra brushed past me. I narrowly evaded it but it nicked the frontal plate of the armor I am wearing quite deeply.

Thank god I had armor on, or else my guts would have spilled everywhere.

But what are the girls doing?!

I glanced at them once again while fighting for my life here.

[<<LIGHTNING BESEECH MY ENEMIES, ELECTROCUTE THEM TO DEATH AND BEYOND......>>] (Nene)

She was chanting a magic spell?! Wait!!!! I can't miss that now, can't I!!!!??

I mean it's that magic!!!!!

It seems she finished the chant as the magic circle collapsed into a bolt of electricity........

[<<LIGHTNING BOLT!!!!!!!>>] (Nene)

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMM!!!!

Deafening the surrounding with a loud bang, it was accompanied by a strong flash that blinded us for a while.

[Gyaon!?] (??) The hydra, surprised by the sudden attack was not able to evade it.

bits of flesh, which are either raw or undercooked scattered after its flesh exploded. Smoke then fills one of its heads..........it got obliterated.

[There are still two!] However I noticed it, the destroyed head was not able to heal completely. It was wriggling like before indicating signs of an attempt for regeneration, but there were no signs of the process being successful.

Magic? Was it effective because it was magic? Or was there something in its head that got destroyed thus inhibiting the regeneration?

I looked at it again from a high vantage point and scouted..........

[This is going to be really hard]

[Gaooooooooooooooooooonnnnn!!!!!] (??) Like a trumpet, it roared with all its might.

Seemingly angrier than before, it stomped at the floor and.......

It was preparing to breathe out fire as indicated by its chest cavity becoming swollen and its mouth showing signs of burning embers in it

[Go behind me!] I grappled to the closest tree from their position and stood in front of them and placed a device on the ground in front of me.

[Uhn!!!!! Girls!!!!] (Nene)  As their big sister, she immediately got the four of them in her arms and then ducked behind me. In the nick of time, an orange wall immediately shielded us from its fatal attack. Everywhere around us was burnt and charred, the ground glowed as it becomes too hot, the water evaporated as it was being stricken with fire, and the air that coursed at our faces was warm...It was the very definition of what being on a scorched earth is.

[Kya!] (Tanya) However, the A-wall is proven effective when it comes to repelling such an attack.

Surprised by our survival, the dragon snorted smoke out from its snout and looked at us once again.

Shit, we can't do anything.

It seems that only Nene is capable of such an attack, as indicated that none of the girls then tried doing what she did. She's also seemingly exhausted after the lightning bolt spell she did...

I looked at her complexion and it was not good either.

What can I do?! Jack think!

If I screw up, then our lives here would be forfeited!

I looked at my HUD...........and saw

{DEPLOY TITAN? YES|NO}

.........

YEEESSSS!!!!!!

{STAND BY FOR TITALFALL} A monotonous robotic voice reached my ears as I looked at the Hydra in its eyes...

The hydra made its first move by approaching us...but it soon stopped and halted its movements and looked at the sky.

All of us as well instinctively looked at the sky...

*BOOOOOOOM!*

A meteorite-like object entered the atmosphere, sending a very loud boom as multiple descent brakes tried to slow its fall.

It was fast, it was massive, and it was...our savior.

*THUDDD!!!*

It landed on the ground in front of our group, immediately projecting a blue dome holographic barrier that protected us from whatever might harm us for 10 seconds. Water and other soil matter scatter upon its arrival...

[Hello Ronin]

[Hello Pilot] (Ronin) Its massive lightweight frame then soon revealed itself after the smoke scatters in the wind.

White paint with red lines, its distinct broadsword as well as the lead wall shotgun hanging at its back, and its multiple reticules looked at us.

The abomination that descended from the skies is Ronin.

The ravaging sword-wielding titan

has arrived

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

618 8 5
The Prequal to My Previous Story (WIP/On Hold) Welcome to the Big Apple. Welcome to the city that never sleeps: invaded by towering man-eating monste...
12M 575K 127
[COMPLETE] Some bonds can't be broken, even in death. -- He couldn't endure another heartbreak. "Accepting her would be a mistake," he said. "She's a...
175K 6.8K 74
The demon - he only liked one thing shedding blood of people, enjoying to make them suffer. Enjoying to see them dead but until he meet this girl. So...
114K 4.9K 64
Who would've know that Call of Duty Zombies, YouTubers, and reality, don't mix well together. I figured this out as soon as the apocalypse hit. My n...