Tares City

Von Shania_Samm

After being attacked one night during her shift, paramedic Naomi Reid finds herself thrown into the world of... Mehr

1. Solar Eclipse
2. Failure To Execute
3. TCPD's Finest
4. Fates Intertwining
5. Call For Backup
6. Trouble Rising
7. No Sympathy For The Devil
8. Fine, I'll Do It Myself
9. Anonymous Tips
10. Investigations and New Relations
11. Field Trips
12. Blindsides
13. Repercussions
14. Knowing Is Half The Battle
15. What's Past Is Prologue
16. Chaos Under The Moon
17. Thursday
18. When The Levee Breaks
19. Changes In Relationships
20. Someone From My Past
21. The Calm Before Another Storm
22. Situation Under Control
23. Moving On
24. Conversations Had And Heard
25. Life's Patterns
26. Can't Seem To Get A Break
27. So, What Now
28. (un)Human Behaviors
29. Hospital Trips
30. Places
31. The Detective & The Paramedics
32. The Things That Define Us
33. Sean And Kai
34. The Night Continues
35. Jackson
36. The Night That Keeps On Giving
37. We Need To Discuss This
38. Crazy, How Things Work Out
39. The Tip Of The Iceberg
40. Back To Work
41. Back Against The Wall
42. Ever Be Easy
43. This Is Now
44. Foul Play or Fair Play
45. Just Another Day At Work
46. New Developments
48. Boiling Point
49. Correlation
50. Moon River
51. Start Of Something?
52. Aftermath
53. Another Bad Day
54. Arrow
55. Distrust & Suspicions
56. Another Problem Brewing
57. Pulled Back In
58. Puzzle Pieces
59. Hunters And Lycans Of Tares City
60. Lycans And Hunters Of Tares City
61. Gone Is The Illusion Of Control
62. Dilemmas
63. Plans & Assignments
64. History And Its Domino Effect
65. Darla
66. Good Riddance!
67. Just Live...(Until I Die)
68. Trouble Has Its Way Of Finding Us
69. Fracture & Hope
70. Trouble Rears Its Head Again
71. Conniving Measures: Josh Kennedy
72. Conniving Measures: Quinn Brooks
73. Dead-end Problems
74. Imminent Threats
75. Peace Is Temporary
76. Partners In Crime
77. This City
78. The Road To Trouble
79. The Part We Play
80. Location, Location
81. Getting Closer
82. The Hunt Is on Pt. 1
83. The Hunt Is On Pt. 2
84. Hostile Takeover
85. Xylia
86. Bad Moon
87. The Kennedys
88. Crossfire, Involvement & Rescue
89. Contact With The Dead
90. Coming To Terms
91. Kennedy City
92. A Plan Formed
93. Beautiful Friendships
94. Power Moves
95. The Gang's All Here
96. A Hell Of A Ride

47. Heating up

49 11 0
Von Shania_Samm

ARROW BERLIN

On the outskirts of Tares sits a lovely two-story home, secluded and partially bordered by lush forest trees. The circular stone paved driveway and the shrubbery that scales the outside walls of the home add to its beauty and character.  The interior of the home is truly a sight to behold with hardwood floors, massive chandeliers, and a grand staircase with handcrafted banister and decorative balustrades. Besides the main rooms one would expect, the house also holds a grand library that leads the way to a hidden room behind one of its vast shelves. 

Large French windows allow the spaces to be filled with natural light while offering breathtaking views of the land around it - A park-like setting with all the forestry and garden beds of flowers and vegetation. And to the back of the home, a lagoon-style pool and a garden conservatory accessed through sliding French wood doors.  The house was perfect for Arrow Berlin, a hundred times better than the homes she looked at in the city. She'd moved in as soon as the papers were signed, claiming the house and the land around it. 

Though she doubted she'd run into any trouble, Arrow still converted the hidden room to a weapons room, adding a security system to the home. In the room, her guns and knives were mounted on the wall, her mom's compound bow sitting on a display in the center. She'd taken it from the storage locker along with the deeds she and Ezra found. 

Arrow had plans to look into the locations but work at the organization kept her preoccupied. Ezra had volunteered but was subsequently called out to assist his father with some serious matter. Although she was curious and wanted answers, Arrow decided that the mystery could wait until she had things under control at the organization.

~

A call from an unfamiliar number interrupts Arrow in the middle of unpacking. She stares at the ringing phone for a couple of seconds before answering with a simple "Hello?"

"It's Nicholas. Your uncle gave me your number. We have a problem. Wyatt Conner is dead. You should come down to the organization." He says to her ending the call immediately after he'd spoken.

"Wh-" Arrow mutters out staring at her phone in confusion and annoyance. Letting out a groan of frustration, she heads to her bedroom. "Just one day to myself, no drama. Is that too much to ask?" She mumbles out loud.

~

Walking into the organization Arrow could immediately feel the tense atmosphere. As she moved through the halls she could feel the stares on her back, a faint whisper just barely reaching her ears.

Seeing Nicholas ahead of her, she calls out to him getting his attention. "What the hell is going on?" She asks softly. Grabbing her arm, Nicholas pulls her to the side of the hall, "Someone killed Wyatt with our poison and we have no idea who. Security camera footage of the room was erased, the ones in the halls pick up nothing. We've been breached."

"Any suspects?"

"Fingers are being pointed in every direction. Even ours. Especially yours."

"Especially me?! Great." Arrow replies with a huff. "What's my uncle doing about it?"

"He..."

"He what?" Arrow prompts impatiently.

"Go see yourself. Find me in the armory when you're done." Nicholas replies, walking away before Arrow could protest.

Taking his suggestion, Arrow heads to Elmann's office, knocking twice on his door. Instead of a reply, she hears a loud crash from within the room. At the sound, she flings open the door, only just ducking in time to avoid being hit by a laptop - The device shattering against the wall and onto the floor.

"WHAT THE HELL UNCLE ELM?!" Arrow shouts at him. As if he hadn't heard her, he continues about his office in a frenzy, smashing his fist into the wall. His face scrunches in pain, fists pushing against the wall as he groans.

Watching him, Arrow realizes the pain he was reacting to wasn't from attacking the wall.

"ELMANN!" She shouts out to him again, this time getting his attention.

Elmann abruptly turns to face her, Arrow now getting a good look at his disheveled appearance. Sweating profusely, clothes wrinkled and torn, and self-inflicted scratches on his neck. As she looks at her him, her eyes zero in on his. Before she could pinpoint with certainty the difference, he closes them - Running a hand down his face.

"Arrow, dear," He begins, slightly out of breath. "Sorry, you had to see me like that. A little pent-up frustration and stress is all."

"I'd say it's more than just a little,"  Arrow comments in return, her eyes studying Elmann with intensity.  She notices that his eyes didn't meet hers, looking everywhere else instead. "What's going on with you?" She asks.

"I've already told you. Did you come for something?" He says in return.

"Wyatt Conner."

"Yes, I've heard," He responds with a sigh. "A threat to deal with. I am looking into it, personally.  You won't need to involve yourself further."

"I-"

"I have it all under control." He interrupts.

"This is you having it all under control?" Arrow rebuts gesturing at the room. At her sentence she hears the creak of wood, her eyes darting to the source of the sound -  The desk underneath Elmann's hold.

Arrow's expression goes from shock to confusion in a millisecond. Her uncle was in great shape, yes, but there was no way he should be able to damage the desk like that.

Seeing where her focus lay, Elmann releases the desk and clasps his hands together. "This issue is something I have to deal with personally Arrow. I don't want anyone else handling this situation."

"I could get that but why not me? You don't trust me, Uncle Elmann?" Arrow replies with a tilt of her head, her tone provoking.

Elmann shuts his eyes tightly as if trying to complete himself. "It's not about that Arrow. But as the one in charge, I have to take care of these things."

"And do I not have a say in matters of the organization?" She asks in return.

"Since whenever did you want a say? I had to call you back. Convince you even." Elmaan rebuts.

Arrow raises a brow at him but he holds up his hand before she could say anything further. "I'm dealing with this situation, Arrow. End of discussion. Do not fight me on this."

"You're basically saying I have no say in the matters of the organization and that's not true, Uncle Elmann." Arrow carries on.

Elmann lets out a frustrated groan, the sound resembling a growl in Arrow's ear.

"This conversation is far from over," She says to him, not caring she was pushing his buttons.

"Well, it's over for now then! You may leave!" He says angrily.

Arrow doesn't make a move to leave, instead folding her arms across her chest. "I'VE DISMISSED YOU, ARROW!" Elmann shouts at her, his hands yanking his hair in the process. 

"You need to tell me what the hell is going on with you. Because if this is how you're functioning, there's no way you're in the right state to investigate Wyatt Conner's death." Arrow argues.

Elmann mutters under his breath, soft enough for Arrow not to hear him before taking in a deep breath. "Nothing is going on, Arrow, I assure you." He begins slowly. "I will be the one to investigate the Lycan's death and find the culprit. I will not have you or any other hunter involved. Perhaps I may allow you and Nicholas to interrogate the guilty party once they are discovered. Word has reached me on your tactics, you two will prove sufficient when the time comes. This is not a negotiation or argument, niece. This is final. What I say goes."

"And what I say has no weight then?" Arrow asks angrily.

"You are a Berlin. In another situation, Arrow, of course... but not for this matter." Elmann responds, his voice calm now. "You are dismissed Arrow."

Biting her tongue not to argue with him further, Arrow closes the door with a sigh. 

"Well, that was heated!" A voice to her side says suddenly startling her.

"Eavesdropping much, Nicholas?" She says with an annoyed eye roll walking away.

"Just a little bit." He replies casually. 

"Wasn't I supposed to meet you in the armory?"

"Got impatient... and bored. But enough about me. What do you make of your uncle's behavior?" Nicholas says softly. 

"We won't be discussing my uncle, Nicholas. So drop the idea right now." Arrow responds, her voice neutral. Of course, her uncle's behavior was obvious and concerning, but there was no way she'd be discussing it with any hunter.

"I see family loyalty huh," Nicholas comments. "Alright then, Berlin."

~

NAOMI REID

Clasping the buckle of her clear strap high heels, Naomi gets up from her seat and heads to her full-length mirror. Smoothing the front of her olive and white tie-dye spaghetti strap dress, she scrutinizes her appearance - The dress, a low V-neck with a thigh-high slit paired with her favorite white clutch. She glances at her second option strewn across her bed before wondering if to change. Before she could decide, a knock at her door gets her attention. Grabbing her phone to check the time, she realizes she took much longer than she'd thought.

With one last glance at her reflection, she grabs her purse and heads down the stairs. Her heels click against the floor as she does a little run to the door.

On the other side of the threshold, Jensen stood waiting, fiddling with his watch. Naomi's eyes shamelessly take in his appearance - A fitted black shirt, its long sleeves bunched up just above his elbow paired with white pants, black shoes, and a black belt. A smirk on his face as their eyes finally meet.

His eyes roam over her appearance as well as he slowly moves closer, invading her space. The scent of his perfume fills Naomi's senses, a blush rising to her cheeks under his gaze as she realizes he could her heart skip a couple of beats. Closer now, Jensen brings his hands to grip her chin, the hold gentle yet firm - Angling her face to him. He brings his head in closer to hers, looking into her eyes as he advances. Their mouths close but not touching - Naomi's heart was beating wildly now, butterflies fluttering wildly in her stomach. There wasn't any hesitance behind Jensen's slow movements but anxious impatience to Naomi's as she closed the tiny distance between them. Their mouths collide, Naomi's eyes sliding shut on their own accord. A half growl, half moan sounds from Jensen as their mouths move together. His lips soft and firm against hers - Passionate and demanding, slowly building in intensity. Their mouths part slightly, Jensen's tongue meeting hers as his hands wrap around her waist - One traveling up her back to her neck as he holds her.

Somewhere in the back of her mind, Naomi realizes they were doing this in her open doorway. Someone could walk into the hallway at any moment and witness their little make-out session. But the thought left just as abruptly as it appeared. She didn't want this to end.

Her lungs on the other hand did not care what she wanted and demanded air.

With great reluctance, she pulls back, breathing heavily, face flushed and a blush that began to hurt her cheeks. Looking at Jensen, she met yellow glowing eyes staring back at her making a small laugh escape her. "We should properly get going if we want to make it to your friend's restaurant." She whispers to him, still in his embrace.

"I'd much rather stay here and kiss you again," He replies lowly.

"Mm, I'm not going to be the reason we you miss her grand opening night," Naomi laughs putting her palm against his chest. "Let's go."

Jensen playfully groans in protest as he steps aside for Naomi to lock the door behind them. Grabbing her hand, he steals one last quick kiss before leading them out of the building to his car.

~

" 'ROSEWOODS' " Naomi reads as she looks at the building before them. "Restaurant and lounge."

"Her name. Yara Rosewood," Jensen explains casually as he leads her to the front door.

"Oh wow," Naomi says softly as they walk through the entrance. The interior of the restaurant consisted of grey accented chairs with black legs. The style of it falling under the category of modern minimalist. They surround black and fold granite tables. Square-shaped ones for small parties and long rectangular ones for larger groups.

Against a stone textured accent wall were U-shaped grey couches that made private booths.

To the front, instead of a wall, there was glass, tinted so patrons could look outside with ease but not be seen from the outside as they dine.

The pairing of the dark ceiling and the chandeliers made for an adequately lit space. Not too bright and not too dark, creating a quiet and sophisticated atmosphere feel sophisticated.

"You two made it!" She hears someone exclaim happily, turning to see Yara approaching them with a smile.

"Of course. How could I miss this?! The place looks great Yara!" Jensen says to her as they embrace in a side hug.

"Naomi, so nice to see you again. I'm glad you came," She says to Naomi.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

200K 4.4K 58
> > _________ //BOOK 1\\ Fun fact: Lycan is short for Lycanthropy, which means a human that can turn into a wolf purposely or being placed under a cu...
370 34 33
When a lycanthrope hunter comes to Salem, all hell breaks lose in the supernatural community, and Jesse is smack in the middle of the chaos. On top...
717 241 14
ONC 2022 shortlisted: The Emergence of a more virulent lycanthrope virus decimated civilisation. As a street scavenger, Gulliver Chase risks his life...
701K 14.5K 24
(Part I of the Lycan Series) Stowe, Vermont. Population- 4300. A small town harbors night beasts, at least that's what the humans call them. Dani h...