RE: Summoned to the parallel...

By Lerpa2k2

Overworking, underpaid, and frustrated. That is the definition of a certain person named Jack Cooper, an aver... More

Character Sheet Vol 1 W.I.P
Chapter 0: A life cut short
Chapter 1: The TITANFALL PLAYER SYSTEM
Chapter 2: Where I am.
Chapter 3: Anomaly at the Mountain
Chapter 4: A bad premonition
Chapter 6: A morning of different perspectives
Chapter 7: A metallic abomination's descent
Chapter 8: Giants Clash
Chapter 9: The way of the sword titan
Chapter 10: Status Update
Chapter 11: Reassurance
Chapter 12: Finally...Home
Chapter 13: Miruzo City...finally
Chapter 14: The maidens of the esteemed Quagmire Inn
Chapter 15: A pair of crimson redheads
Chapter 16: Adventurers' Guild registration
Chapter 17: One angry red head
Chapter 18: A very impossible feat
Chapter 19: The enslaved fairy
Chapter 20: The sweet release from her suffering and its adverse effect
Chapter 21: Cause of her suffering
Extra Chapter
Chapter 22: Despair and Hope
Chapter 23: A knight in shining armor?
Chapter 24: A fairy's friend
Chapter 25: The start of certain troubles
Extra Chapter : The fairy and the giant
Chapter 26: The prophecy...
Chapter 27: New stuffs, solo run
Chapter 28: My first solo dungeon dive
Chapter 29: Movements in the shadows
Chapter 30: Miasma Slime
Chapter 31: Man&Drones vs Slime
Chapter 32: Man&Titan vs 3 slimes
Chapter 33: The corrosive miasma slime's true form
Chapter 34: The winning move
Chapter 35: Boss's a pet
Chapter 36: Family
Chapter 37: Date?

Chapter 5: Numb

866 36 13
By Lerpa2k2

Author here

I will release this one today because things are going to get even busier as the Christmas season is coming. Is it exciting to have a 2 weeks worth of break when you have 10 UNI works to do?

No

Anyway if you like the story please vote and comment, negative comments are highly recommended because the author is a big M.

-Author with 10 UNI works to do

========================================================

"Say Jack, if you could save someone in the nick of time---"

*Bang!Bang!Bang!*

Time slows down as I pulled the trigger, shock, awe, confusion and fear all were displayed in their eyes. Muzzle flash that blinds the eyes in this dark environment, the loud noise of the gunshots, and the recoil acting on my shoulder made me feel aware of how good it is to not be on the receiving end of the gun barrel.

"would you do anything just to save them?" The hazy face of someone I lost resurfaced in my head as the music of continuous gunshots echoed in the cavern.

"huh? Why did you ask me that #####?" A memory of a certain childhood friend...why?

The orchestra only ended when the last guy fell on the floor still clutching his chest with the shot fired at it.

I looked at the scattered corpse around me and then a raindrop that fell on the visor made my awareness come back.

"I just want to know"

Her voice echoed in my head as I looked down upon the fearful eyes of these girls...

[It's fine now, no one, no one shall, and no one will ever be------------]

able to hurt you again.

========================================================

A few minutes ago—

[Noooooooooooooo!!!] (??) My adrenaline pumped up when a shrill helpless voice rang in my ears.

You goddamned fuckers!

I sprinted in the narrow path, avoiding any sharp thing on the way. I can't jump due to the vertical clearance the cave has which is only about 4 meters at best, if I do so then I would risk myself getting to hit my head on the cave ceiling.

Why am I doing this? I asked myself as my legs moved by instinct.

The answer to that is because I already lost a lot of people in my life, important ones in my life, to which can all be saved if I was to help them. Whoever I am going to save would also be important to someone else...and I don't want them to lose their important people as well.

[PHASE!!!!] I don't know why I did it, but my vision shifted into another dimension as my whole body phased out of existence. I found myself running in a noir dimension, only filled with colours of black and white, each noise I heard while I was at the original dimension is gone when I arrived here.

I then saw specks of white light that appear to be moving as I turned into a corner. Five of those were pinned on the floor, whereas the 15 other floating lights were levitating. The said 5 were all red lights...indicating they're hostiles.

[Good evening gentlemen] As soon as the phase dash was cancelled, the people who were about to do something to the tied, gagged women on the floor were frozen on their feet. One of them was holding a little girl by her hair, dragging her away from the group.

[Who are yo—] (??) I clenched my teeth as my anger rises so badly. I looked at the bruised women and girls that laid on the floor, fear, weariness, and exhaustion are all pasted at their faces. One of them was a young girl being dragged with her hair by a bad guy...My dark impulses grows by the second, as I face these fuckers.

[And goodbye] Before one of them could touch me with his hands, I did something that will truly haunt me for the rest of my life. As if something dark took over my consciousness, all I thought of at that moment was to kill.

*Tatatatatatatatatatattatatatatatatatata!*

My perception of time slows down as I used every single brain cell I had. I felt the weight of the gun as I aimed it down at the individuals that I deemed necessary to cease their existence. The recoil bounced to my arms as I pulled the trigger, numbing both left and right. The blinding muzzle flash accompanied with the smell of ignited gunpowder fill the air as I sweep the LMG left to right. The hollowing screams of the men reached my ears as their screams becomes muffled by the deafening sound of a continuous stream of gunshots.

It was harrowing, my mind is exhausted, and my knees were shaking. The sweat accumulated in my forehead trickled to my neck, making my shirt feel even more damp.

The series of gunshots were like an orchestra, but with no tune. Hollow, empty.............void.

And when I became aware of it, the cave was painted red. Bodies littered everywhere............

I killed not just one, not just two....but fifteen people in a short span of time.

{DETECTING ABNORMAL AMOUNT OF STRESS, BREATHING EXERCISE IS RECOMMENDED TO ORGANIZE THE MIND}

[Haaah...haaaaah...dear god] The system warned me as I felt my chest is becoming tight.

And that leads me to the current situation of looking up and seeing the full moon peeking at the top of the cavern.

The heavy rain ceased its downpour, leaving only the sound of water droplets hitting the floor as well as the sobs of the girls that I saved in the cavern.

[*Sob* Mamaaaaa!!!!!!] (??) One of the girls cried as the situation calmed down, the youngest one that is. The rest were teary-eyed as they saw the aftermath. Their bodies have been splattered with blood and guts and whatever matter that came from the dead men earlier.

I approached her, the little girl. However doing so caused her to inch back and crawl away...signifying that I am terrifying.

She crawled back in fear so I stopped, and crouched instead. Removing the helmet, I then stared at her eyes and talked to her with my most calm voice.

[Little girl, don't worry.............no one will hurt you ever again]

================================================================================

I'm sleepy. That is a fact. I am very exhausted too. My arms seems to be heavy not because I carried a heavy weapon, but because a little girl is also clinging at me. When we came out of the cave, it was silent. The only sound that emanated around the place are that of crickets and other insects. 

The guy who was outside was woken up by our presence. Shock as to wondering why his comrades hasn't come back out yet, only to see a branch going to his face.

[Gah!] (??) He tried to search for a weapon and saw a sword. He smiles menacingly as he grabs it.

[You bitch! You will get i- Gaha!] (??) Another branch hit the back of his head as he tries to stand up.

Note that, these series of blunt attacks did not come from me nor was it caused by me. It's done by four angry girls...

I am currently cradling the youngest among them, the little girl from earlier , one of those the black vipers organization abducted to turn into slaves. Apparently they were slaves-to-be, in short people who were about to be enslaved by whoever wants them to be. It's making me feel angry, why? Why would you want to limit someone's freedom when the concept of freedom is bullshit? What's the point?

[Don't watch, still too early for you to see] I brushed her hair with my hand. I removed the gloves to do so, and the girl actually calmed down. I also calmed down by doing this as indicated that the system is not sending a warning about my stress levels.

[Uhn] (??) I turned around to avoid letting the little girl see what the others are doing to the last guy.

{TITAN GAUGE FULLY CHARGED, DEPLOY TITAN? YES|NO}

Just in time, I am excited to deploy "it", but not yet. Not now.

I don't want to make these traumatized people to go and panic again due to the overwhelming sight of a titan on deployment.

Haaaaah. The only thing that keeps me awake is this kid in my arms. Moreover her small figure just adds more sensitivity to my mind. Is she okay with my grip? I am not hurting her right? A small girl's body feels so frail as I feel her cling on to me..........

I looked back only to see that the women are currently beat the crap out of the guy to death.....well....he deserves it I guess.

[These fellas have money, clothes, and weapons on them. Take what you can, and what you need. I will accompany and drop you off at the nearest village, town or city from here if you want it]

[O-Okay] (????) 4 grown ups, and one kid. This organization sure knows their business. Human trafficking and abduction, child abuse, abuse against women, etc.

Slavery, if I was late then those assholes might have make their move on these girls. Attaching collars or perhaps etching a seal on their skin, isn't that the common thing when talking about slavery if you base it on ISEKAI genre LNs out there. Even rape is a thing too, and its making me feel angry again just thinking of the possibilities of that really happening.

As far as I have heard from the oldest one here called Nene, slavery is illegal in this country. Others has it legal, but in here due to the demand of slaves by the nobles...it's not uncommon that there would be some that would do it for money. However that is not what it just seems to be although on the surface it is, the one behind this incident is the Black Vipers Organization, in short BVO. It's a black viper coiling around a severed hand...

I don't know what the fuck their goal is, but that should be something that would not be good at all.

However because of Nene's words earlier, I found that this place is within a kingdom's territory to which I haven't asked what yet. But.....all that is important is to deliver these people to a safe place, probably to return them to their respective families if they have one at least.

[But how far is it?] I looked at the expanded map and saw that it's really far.

[??] (??) The skies clear up after some time, I looked at the clock and it was exactly 12 mid night. The date has already changed, and these people look so exhausted.

[We-We finished taking what we needed] (??) The four girls were now dressed up with shabby clothes, but at least that covered what is important. We also took their lamps, weapons, food and water as well as some necessities.

[Let's move away from here and make a camp, and give those things to me since I can carry it by myself]

[But you're carrying Tanya, as if we would allow our savior to tire himself further] (??)

[It's fine, just watch] I approached the hemp bags filled with things and used INVENTORY, the bags vanished and it surprised the girls except the one that was already asleep in my arms. She's sleeping peacefully...how innocent.

[Okay...but wow, mister has space magic!] (??) Space magic? Perhaps something that would store things huh.

Anyway due to the display of skill, the others then let me store their belongings as well as the things they took from the bad guys.

[Won't it be good to also store everything now that mister showed us his storage skill?] (??) Now that I think of it, she is right.

By the way, the names of the four girls were:
-Nene (21) being the eldest
-Alurra (18)
-Rikka (15)
-Ema (14)

And lastly
-Tanya (5) being the youngest

As far as I can remember, it was Tanya's voice of despair that made the blood rush to my head. I guess I really care about kids who are a victim of abuse huh.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.1K 152 15
Y/n L/n is no longer alive, or that's what everyone thinks. Turns out you get a second chance, coming back to life as a robotic animal. You meet new...
12.4K 1.1K 60
𝚂𝚘𝚏𝚒𝚊 I've always seen him. But he's never seen me. At least, not since that night. The night they made me one of them. And then they pushed...
2.2K 102 43
Ok... this is entry log numbraro-or however you say "number" in Spanish-1... Do I really have to do this? Distant female voice: yes, just keep going...
4.6M 140K 81
"What in the world, kid?" The roar erupted from the sleek Lamborghini as its owner, a man who could easily pass for a Greek deity, emerged from the l...