The Bronze Bracelets

By DanyJ10

*Discontinued* Months after the war against Gaia and the seven finally sending her to sleep, the gods must fa... More

Chapter 1: The Aftermath
Chapter 2: Uncomfortable
Chapter 3: New Master and New Heartbreak
Chapter 4: A Gift
Chapter 5: Training and Encounters
Chapter 6: Getting Lost in Heavens and a Dragon Visit
Chapter 7: The First Threat
Chapter 8: Under the Sea
Chapter 9: The First Encounter
Chapter 10: Blood and Water
Chapter 11: Flashbacks and Lessons
Chapter 12: An entrance Worthy of Zeus
Chapter 13: The Battle Between Sea Serpents
Chapter 14: Revelations and Heart Attack
End of Arch 1- Chapter 15:
Arch 2: Chapter 16: Identity and Training
Chapter 17: Meeting My Evil Twin
Chapter 19: An Upgrade for a Friend
Chapter 20: The Fall of the Greatest(M)
Chapter 21: Grieving
Chapter 22: Order and Balance
Chapter 23: A Legendary Return(M)
A/N & Sneak Peek at New Stories
Chapter 24: Bringing Back Order
Chapter 25: Percy vs Percy & Artemis vs Artemis (M)
End of Arch 2: Chapter 26: The Grand Battle of the Canyon
Arch 3: Chapter 27: The Two Maiden Goddesses and the Gooey Monsters
Important Announcement
Announcement for New Story

Chapter 18: Meeting C's Origins

277 8 2
By DanyJ10

Time Skip(2 months)

Artemis POV

We had just one month left to spend in the heavens training. I train every day with Cassandra and C training while Percy spends his time with Aether and Hemera. I don't know what training exactly are they doing but I love how it has changed Percy's body. Before becoming human I have never really looked at a man's body because I have always found them horrendous. But ever since I saw Percy without his shirt on his cabin when I first became mortal, something changed in me. 

He has become more defined in his muscles(luckily they haven't grown). He had almost no fat in his body and his complexion is one better than any god. His eyes have become even brighter since his powers have grown tremendously according to Aether and Hemera. His raven-black hair is still just short enough to not cover his eyes when it falls over his face. And is still taller than me by a few inches(He has grown taller).

We are currently having lunch with Aether and Hemera. They invited us to a special place because they wanted to have a 'serious' conversation with us. Percy was sitting right next to me while C just curled around us while he had some meat. 

"We wanted to talk to you here because what we are going to tell you is something just a few know of," Hemera started after we finished eating. Percy and I instantly perked up at that.

"What is it?" Percy's ADHD got the best of him, I could tell.

"You have ever wondered how dragons are known across mythologies?" Aether pointed out and both of us nodded.

"That is because they are so strong that they cross the border between pantheons," Aether finished. Percy and I were completely shocked. All the thousands of years living I have always wondered about dragons since they were in the stories that my mother Leto would tell me and my idiotic brother back in Delos. I have always thought that maybe they were just fake and characters created for stories. 

"So they are similar to what we are encountering?" I asked and the primordials nodded. 

I looked over at Percy and saw his face full of hope and curiosity. He has told me before that ever since meeting C he has wondered if we would ever meet a real dragon someday. I didn't want to make him feel bad so I always told him that since he has always done the impossible, maybe finding a real dragon wouldn't sound so crazy. I noticed that C was also paying attention since it related to his origins. 

"We thought that since this prophecy or tale I don't know what you want to call it, is against powerful creatures that cross the border between pantheons. Why not seek the help of another powerful creature that crosses those same borders and is actually on our side? They are creatures of honor and represent justice. Having one of them on your team will definitely increase your chances of success," Hemera explained.

Percy, C, and I were completely awed by their idea. The idea of ever meeting a dragon was just a dream, something that might never happen. But now it is a possibility. 

"Where can we find one of them?" Percy asked, clearly full of hope. 

"The last we heard of them was that they hid since the rise of the titans. They saw the titans' intentions and decided to leave a world full of catastrophes and horrendous people. But we know that they are in a place where no simple human or deity could find them by themselves," Hemera started and we placed close attention. 

"Okay I will bite, what do you mean by that?" Percy asked, clearly impatient to get to the main point. 

"They can only be found if they want to be found," Hemera finished and stood up from her chair before flashing out.

"How are we supposed to find a creature that can only be found if they want to be found?" Percy asked, clearly confused and saddened. I don't judge him, he has always wanted to meet a dragon, and now finding one is possible but to find it is almost impossible.

"Do you know how C woke up?" Hemera asked. Percy and I were confused by this since we already knew.

"Because he heard about Percy and decided that he was the best to offer his services," I answered and Hemera shook her head. Not only Percy and I were confused, but also C was confused by this.

I am sorry Lady Hemera, but that is why I woke up. I feel the presence of someone with a pure heart and power above everyone else. I followed that presence until I met Percy. C said to all of us and Aether and Hemera looked at each other smiling. 

"Yes, that is partially why. But you woke up because your ancestors told you to wake up," Aether explained and we were confused even more. I was about to ask something but Hemera spoke first.

"You see, no matter how many types of dragons there are, they all still answer to the originals. Your ancestors C called for you to wake and find Percy. It has never been done before because they have never wanted to be seen, but I believe that they have found someone worthy of meeting," Hemera said and looked at Percy with a proud smile. Aether then stood up and made a portal. 

"I believe that the answers you are looking for will be on Earth. C, I know you have been feeling a calling or pull to somewhere on Earth, it is time for you to follow it and guide Percy and Artemis," Aether said and motioned for us to follow him through the portal.

We stood up and went through it right after Aether. We were momentarily blind by the harsh and blinding sun for a couple of seconds before regaining our vision. I looked around and noticed that we were standing in a mountainous and kinda vegetate area. The sun wasn't burning but it wasn't fresh either. Then I looked around and noticed a trench that stretch through the floor all the way till my eyes could see. That is when it clicked, we were on the San Andrea Fault somewhere in California. 

"Why are we in California," I asked.

"Because this is where C will start to guide you," 

"You never explained what was this call," Percy pointed out and Aether just smiled before turning around to head through his portal,

"I thought it was obvious by now, I am talking about the dragons calling to C," Aether simply responded before going through the portal and disappearing in the air. C's body suddenly stiffened and sniffed the air before shoving us on top of him. We yelp in surprise and C made sure we were secure on top of him. 

"C what is going-" Percy started but he never finished before C jumped into the fault and we started falling at terminal velocity. 

At first, I thought that the trench was really small and we wouldn't fit, but somehow C made the width increase for us to fit without any problems. I could feel the air whistle through my ears and my blood suddenly going up from the sudden change in gravity. I held onto Percy's waist with all of my force while he grabbed onto C with his cuffs that mended into C's scales. 

We fell for a good three minutes before we came into an immense cavern. The air down here changed from the regular fresh air of the mountains to one of raw power and for some reason, breath mints. The cavern was adorned by crystals that were colored from all colors of the rainbow giving it a breath-taking sight. The roof to the ground was probably the size of a stadium. 

I was abruptly taken out of my shocked state by C, who somehow, landed softly on the ground. We didn't even get to admire or say anything about where we were when C slithered through the ground taking us deeper into the cave. 

"C what is going on?!" Percy shouted trying to get C's attention, but it seemed like he was lost in a trance. 

The cave changed from dark and brown rock and walls to a room bigger than the throne room in Olympus that was adorned by black tiles and blocks adorned with gold and precious gems. The room opened to a higher platform that showed a doorway the size of a 4 story building. In the middle of the door was an inscription that I couldn't read and was about to ask C what it was but Percy spoke first.

"To the one who we've called, don't be afraid and answered the call for your heart is pure," Percy read out and the door shimmered and a portal opened. 

The portal was colored blood-red and golden. It radiated pure and raw power. If the cave already radiated that before, this door now gave it off even more. If it were for not being on top of C I would've been on my knees on the floor. C didn't even hesitate once the portal was complete and jumped right through it with us. I felt light-headed for a couple of seconds before focusing on my surroundings.

The place was another complete world. I couldn't feel any power besides the similar one of the portal but stronger. The natural aura of power that was around the world from the gods and monsters couldn't be felt at all. The place we came out of was another exact door and in front of us was a meadow. Trees were far away and there was a path through the meadow that lead to a castle in the mountains. 

The castle from afar looked to be completely black and gold. It had walls like your regular Disney movie but was aggressive and scary. The castle was held up on the top of a mountain that overlooked an ocean. We didn't even get to appreciate our surroundings when we were suddenly flashed. 

The flash was very different from the ones we Olympians used, or at least I used to use. It didn't feel flashy or dramatic like always, this one felt similar to the primordials' portals. It didn't make you feel weird nor like you just traveled to another part in an instant, it just felt like you were always there and nonpainful. 

"What was that?" Percy said as he looked around frantically. 

We were in the middle of a room, we were still on top of C, which was even more massive than the one in the cavern. This one was at least twice the size in every aspect, from height to length and width. I looked down and noticed that we weren't the only ones there. 

We were surrounded by who we were looking for. All around us were dragons, originally winged, scaly, and four-limb dragons. Some had their front limbs with wings attached to them(probably a rare breed). They ranged from red to blue, green to orange, and black to white. Their sizes were almost all the same, around 4-8 meters in height, taller than when I was an Olympian at full height. 

"Welcome Perseus Jackson, is an honor to finally meet you," A red-skin dragon said from the other end of the room. 

It was the biggest of all dragons, easily reaching over 10 meters in height and the entire length of its body could probably be guessed as around 30-40 meters. Its scales looked to be harder than any metal or the Leviathan's skin. It had firery-red eyes that radiated power and warmth. Its wings were flush against his body so I couldn't give them an estimate. It had pure-white claws that looked sharper than any sword Hephaestus had made in his entire immortal life. Its razor-sharp teeth were also white and as big as one of us. 

"He-hello?" Percy asked, clearly astonished by being in front of his favorite creature, who was probably the king of dragons. Percy had the face of a kid in a candy store. It made him look cute. The pure happiness radiating from him made me happy as no one has. Seeing him be so happy about something that wasn't done by me made me even happier. I have never seen him so enthusiastic and acting like the teenager-young adult he should be in our months together. 

"It's finally time we see the one and only being worthy of being our future patron," The dragon said. I was shocked by this. Future patron? What did he mean by that? Is he meaning what I think he is meaning?

"What?" 

A/N: Sorry if I haven't uploaded to this story but I sorta got writer's block for a couple of weeks. I have posted on other stories and even started a new one since I got ideas for the others before this one. Don't worry, this is still my main and first story ever. Thank you all that have read and voted for my work, it is greatly appreciated. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 30 5
After the battle with the giants and Gaia, the demigods found themselves in the Olympian throne room. The gods in gratitude grant the seven with rewa...
3.6K 203 12
Apricity: (noun) The warmth of the sun in winter *✧・゚: *✧・゚: In the midst of wars, prophecies, and destinies, a group of children fight to survive on...
126K 7.3K 58
"And I don't want the world to see me, cause I don't think that they'd understand, when everything's made to be broken, I just want you to know who...
56.4K 1.3K 28
The second Titan war and the second giant war is over. Gaea is defeated. Peace has returned to the world. Everything is back to normal. Zeus, Poseido...