Healing Hearts (Gus x Matt)

By Boba_Box

~don't pay attention to how horrible the first chapters are written, I don't feel like fixing them either so... More

~chapter 1~
~chapter 2~
~chapter 3~
~chapter 4~
~chapter 5~
~chapter 6~
~chapter 7~
~Chapter 8~
~Chapter 9~
~Chapter 10~
~chapter 11~
~Chapter 12~
~Chapter 13~
~chapter 14~
~Chapter 15~
~Chapter 16~
~chapter 17~
~Chapter 18~
~Chapter 19~
~chapter 20~
~chapter 21~
~chapter 22~
~chapter 23~
~chapter 24~
~chapter 25~
~chapter 26~
~chapter 27~
~chapter 29~
~chapter 30~
~chapter 31~
~chapter 32~
~chapter 33~
~chapter 34~
~chapter 35~
~chapter 36~
~chapter 37~
~chapter 38~
~chapter 39~
~chapter 40~
~chapter 41~
~chapter 42~
~ I have some news....~
~chapter 43~
~chapter 44~
~chapter 45~

~chapter 28~

465 14 15
By Boba_Box

Matt's pov:

Dear Diary,
I'm writing this to document all I know about the day of unity and Emperor Belos' plans for it. Of course that's not all I'm going to wrote about, seeing as i don't know a lot about the plans for the day of unity and such...

I'll start with a humble introduction then! Hi, I'm Gus. My actual name is Agustus, but my human friend Luz (she's really cool) called me Gus one day and said it would be my human nickname! It's pretty cool if you ask me.

I'm currently in the illusions track and my professors say I'm really advanced for my age. I think they're just overreacting, but it's a nice gesture.

I'd like to consider myself really lucky. I have amazing friends who care about me. But above all else, I have the best boyfriend ever. His name is Mattholomule, but pretty much everyone just calls him Matt. He's really sweet, and even if he doesn't like to let others see that he cares, he does. He gets worried over really small things and it's really sweet when he asks if somethings wrong. He always knows how to cheer me up when I'm having a crappy day and makes me feel safe. Words can't express how much I love him. I know we've only been dating about a month now, but this boy has me head over heels.

That's about all from me, I'll wrote again soon! Bye!

~End of entry~

Matt stares at the page, tears ready in his eyes. He heard all of it in Gus' voice. It was almost as if he was in the room, talking to him.

He looks into the empty space in his room and makes a circle. Then, there stood Gus. He looks up at Matt with his big, happy eyes amd walks over to him.

Matt leans his head against Gus', their noses almost touching.

Then he mouths the words, "I love you.." barely speaking, and breaks the spell

Amd when he opens his eyes again Gus is gone. Matt is left standing there, in the middle of his bedroom floor.

A single tear falls from his cheek as he smiles sadly.

He picks up the notebook and brings it over to his bed. He sits ontop of the covers and reads another entry from the journal... and another and another. He can't stop. It's as if somehow, this journal had given him hope that Gus might come back if he just read enough.

Then he finds this entry;

Dear Diary,
I know what the emperor is going to do. It's so awful. It's so much worse than we thought. He's going to preform a spell on the day of unity that will drain the people of the Boiling isles of all their magic. I don't know what this will entail for everyone. What will happen to them? Will they all die? Will they just lose their ability to do magic? Anything we think might happen could happen, and it's terrifying. I don't know how we'll stop him, but we have to.

We'll be able to stop him... I'm sure,
I mean, if we don't then everyone I know and love are going to to get hurt.
That can't happen.
We have to stop him..
We have to.

~End of entry~

Matt stares at the words on the page for what seems like an eternity. Time stops moving. Everything goes silent.

His heartbeat is the only thing keeping himself from thinking he's dead.

Ba-dump  Ba-dump

He goes blank. His brain shuts down. He stops feeling things entirely. But instead he gets really mad. He runs outside and runs all the way to the forest trail he and Gus used to walk.

He doesn't stop running till he gets to the clearing.

He screams, "IM DONE! YOU CAN STOP YOUR SICK PRANK NOW! YOU HEAR ME?! IM FUCKING OVER IT!"

His voice is horse and raspy, he hasn't said anything since the day of unity. Since all of this happened.

He falls to his knees and pounds his fists on the ground. "Please.... I'm done with this... with everything.. just come back... please.." he begs softly into the ground, tears streaming from his eyes, watering the soil beneath him. "I need you... come back Gus... I cant...."

He sits there for who knows how long, sobbing and shaking.

Then all of a sudden, someone snaps a branch behind him.

He shoots up and twists around to see who it is.

Boscha? What is she doing here?

"What are you..." he starts, but doesn't finish.

The two teenagers stand still, staring at eachother.

Boascha's usual preppiness and polish had been scraped from the inside out. She had her hair down, deep eye bags under her eyes, and her face was red from crying. Compared to her usual looks, she looked quite pathetic.

Her face fills with panic. Her eyes start to fill with tears and she turns and runs away, back out to the entrance of the trail.

It takes everything in him to not to stay there. But he needs to know something. Something only Boascha can tell him.

"BOSCHA!" He screams horsely after her. She stops and quickly turns to face him, bracing herself for the worst.

This catches Matt off guard, why would she get ready to be hit?

"Boscha" he says sternly, "I need you to tell me something"

The air between the two teenagers grows denser. It's almost so thick that you could drink it with a straw and get rid of it all.

Eyes wide and full of shame, she nods and says, "what do you want"

"Why did you hurt Gus. Why did you beat him up all the time. Why were you so cruel" He asks, completely drained of all emotions.

"Her eyes fill with tears again and she looks down at her feet. "I.. I don't know why... looking back at it, I can't even begin to comprehend where my brain was. I was so desperate to compensate for my shifty self image that I tried to make me feel better about myself by hurting people anyone said was 'weird'. If I could take any of it back I would. I would do it all to myself if it meant undoing any bad thing I ever did. I know that's a shitty excuse, but thats the truth. I'm just a shitty person with shitty excuses and shitty apologies... So just do your worst."

She says that last part holding up her hands in sad surrender, still looking at the ground.

"I'm not doing that." I say, "but just go. Get out of here"

She looks at me one more time before running off towards the park, her hair bouncing as she runs.

Wow... what just happened?

(End scene)
Hey guys!
I wanted to do a bit of a 'redemption arc' for Boscha, even though it won't play part in the ending of the story, I just thought it would be nice to include this. Idk, my brain just said "yo, you should do this" as i was typing out the chapter, so i took a bit of a "detour" if you will.

Sorry for the late update today, I had a bunch of book notes to do that are due for a book notes quiz tomorrow. I hate biology so much. It's a sucky class.

Anyway! Don't forget about the QnA! I'll put ine of these at the end of every chapter up until I do the QnA chapter, so! If there is any questions you have about the book, or about me, ask them right here! :D

Goodnight my lovely readers, take care!
------------>💖💖🥞🥞🥞💖💖💖

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.5K 368 14
Lance was helping so many of his friend on the rooftop. But no one was there to help him, no one for him to tell his pain out. When he was about to f...
4.2K 105 7
"Kier has been friends with Dev for a while, he's always been a bit clingy in even his own opinion, but he couldn't exactly help it. He has always be...
890 52 9
Both in university two men, Like Peterson and Zander whickam, whose love lives have been..an experience at best match on a dating app they downloade...
738K 27.2K 102
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...