Second Chance - K. Bakugo

By KPeachgirl

In which Y/n L/n is a villain, or at least that's how it seems. But what happens when life throws a curveball... More

Playlist
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Fourty-Four
Epilouge

Chapter Eight

2.4K 88 24
By KPeachgirl

'Midnight' Shopping!

Y/n's Pov:

"Okay dear, sit right here." I went over and sat on one of the beds.

Recovery girl got up from her rolling chair to get headphones and rolled over a big player thing. It was a tan color, it had buttons, knobs, and lights on it. She came back over and set them down for a moment.

"This first test will have you listen to certain sounds. When the sound is over tell me if it reminds you of anything." I nodded and she gave me the headphones to wear.

I put them on and waited for her to start the noises. The first noise I heard was weird, it was like really high-pitched. I could barely hear it.

It stopped and she looked at me for a response. "I'm not sure, I couldn't hear it all that well." She was okay with that answer and played the next sound.

This one I didn't like, It was banging noises. She saw my discomfort and stopped it. "Uh, it reminded me of the time Eraserhead dropped a pot in the kitchen. It made that noise but like on repeat." Eraserhead rolled his eyes.

"It was an accident." Recovery girl sighed at his attitude. "I'll play the next one." She did so and this wasn't bad, it was chirping noises.

Once it was off I spoke. "When I got out of the hospital and the first day I was here. I heard birds." She nodded in satisfaction. "One more and that's it for today okay."

I nodded once more and she turned a knob. I didn't hear anything at first, I was confused until there was a loud noise.

It was like a pop or something. I quickly pulled the headphones off and held my ears, it hurts. Recovery girl quickly came over and tried to help me. "What was that?" I asked with tears in my eyes.

My ears hurt so bad. "It was a gunshot noise. I'm sorry dear." Why did they think that would be a good idea? She removed my hands from my ears and quickly got up. "She's bleeding."

When she said that I moved my hands in front of me and saw what she was saying was true. My hands were covered in blood, my breathing started to become unstable.

Eraserhead grabbed some napkins and started to wipe off the blood from my hands. "It's okay, you're okay just breathe." I closed my eyes and tried to do what he was telling me.

I felt Recovery girl's hands on my ears. She hmmed. "How strange." Eraserhead stopped cleaning my hands and looked over at her. "What?"

Recovery girl moved her hands away from my ear. "Nothing seems to be wrong, her eardrums are still intact and I don't see any openings the blood could have come from."

When I was finally breathing normally I looked down at my hands to see the blood was gone and now on the napkins. "Again I'm sorry dear. If I had known I wouldn't have played it." I didn't respond to her, I just wanted to leave.

Eraserhead and Recovery girl were speaking to each other but I wasn't listening. I just kept looking at blood-covered napkins, something about it just made me sick.

Eraserhead helped me off the bed and we walked out the door. I want to go, I don't want to be here anymore.

It was quiet on the way back to the classroom.

As soon as we got to Eraserheads house I immediately made my way into the bathroom and sat on the floor.

My back was against the door and I sat crisscrossed, just thinking. Just when I thought today was gonna be a good day that jackass out there had to make it worst.

First with the whole conversation thing and then that annoying test. Why can't they just leave me alone? Send me to a goddamn prison already if this is what I have to deal with for the next week or so.

I felt like crying, I hate this. I hate following those dumbass rules, I hate not being able to have a normal conversation with someone, and I hate being treated like this and not being able to do anything about it.

Because if I did, they would just label me as a villain again and my chances of changing would be tossed out the window.

I'm trying, I really am but they don't care. They just keep pushing me and I feel like falling apart.

I covered my eyes with my hands. I hiccuped as I tried not to cry out loud. It was hard though, my throat started to hurt from the build-up cries.

There was a knock at the door and I quickly wiped my eyes. I stood up and opened the door slightly to see Eraserhead standing there.

"I was just gonna use the bathroom. That's all." I quickly said. "You've been in here for ten minutes already." Have I really? Damn, I guess when you're sad time flies.

"Yeah and?" He sighed and moved his hair out of his face. "Look I get today wasn't great but you can't hide out in the bathroom."

I looked to the side for a moment and then back at him. "Watch me." I shut the door and sat back on the floor.

He knocked again but I didn't answer, after five knocks I heard him talk. "I have a friend coming over, she agreed to take you shopping if you get out of the bathroom now."

My ears perked up. Shopping? As in going somewhere else? I quickly stood up and opened the door once again, this time only showing my eye through the open crack. "Can I buy whatever I want?"

He breathly laughed. "I'm not made of money kid, you buy things with reasonable prices." I guess that's better than nothing.

I pulled the door open completely and Eraserhead took a step back so I could walk out. "This shopping thing better be good or I'm sleeping in the tub tonight."

He shook his head at me. "It'll be fine, but you better stay with her." I looked at him confused.

"You're not coming?" He put both of his hands in his pockets. "That's not really my thing." Obviously.

He started to walk to the kitchen and I followed. "So who's your friend? I honestly didn't think you had any except Present Mic."

He looked offended by that. "I have other friends than him." I highly doubt that but okay. "She's a pro with a good quirk so don't try anything."

Is he serious? "Way to ruin the mood."

Eraserhead had made us coffee as we waited for his friend to arrive.

A thought crossed my mind. "Wait, is she like your girlfriend or something?" He choked on his coffee. "What makes you say that?"

I shrugged as I held my cup up to my lips. "I don't know. I was just asking." She's probably not, I just wanted to see a reaction from him.

He sighed. "She's not my girlfriend." I hmmed. "I figured." He stopped himself from taking another sip of his coffee and lifted a brow. "What's that supposed to mean?"

I can't be the only one that's noticed how, I'm not sure what word to use, 'close' Eraserhead is with his loud blonde 'friend.'

Yes, I meant to put quotations on the word friend.

Before I could say anything else there was a knock at the door. Eraserhead reluctantly got up to answer it. I heard talking and then footsteps coming over.

I got up from the table and turned around. What is she wearing? "Y/n this is Midnight, stay with her at all times today." I nodded and looked at her.

"Nice to meet you, ma'am." I was crushed into a hug. "Aw, you're too cute!" I can't breathe, she saw I was turning blue and let go.

I coughed. "Thanks," I said as I tried to get air back into my lungs. "Anway, you two should head out. Stores close at nine."

Midnight nodded and grabbed my arm. She dragged me out of the house and into her car. I didn't want to cause any problems so I just let her.

Plus I was kinda scared she would crush me again.

Once she started the car she began to ask me a bunch of questions. "So what type of clothes are we looking for? Edgy? Cool? Sexy?"

Excuse me?!

"Uh, just normal clothes?" She went quiet for a minute and then laughed. "Don't worry, by the end of today we'll have found you the perfect style to fit your personality."

Sounds like a lot of work for clothes.

We got to the Mall and I was so excited to see everything.

There were a lot of people walking around with bags and food. There were about a hundred stores and they stretch far from what I could see.

There wasn't a roof so you could see the sky through it. I think I was staring up too long because Midnight had grabbed my hand and pulled me to one of the stores.

My eyes widen when I saw bras and underwear just lying around. What the actual hell?!

She picked up a blue bra and showed it to me with a smile. "How about this one? Blue is a good color for you." Is she for real? "Midnight can we maybe start with something less private?"

She saw the look on my face and threw the bra back. "Alright, we can start with shirts." I let out a breath, thank god.

We spent a good hour just looking at shirts, which I was fine with. "How about this one?" She held up a lacy shirt. The bottom of it was cut so if I were to wear it you would see my stomach.

I looked back up at her. "Where's the rest of it?" I asked and she laughed again. "This is all of it." I just hmmed.

I can definitely say me and Midnight have very different tastes in clothes.

I took it but secretly put it back on the shelf when she wasn't looking. I don't know why but pants and shoes took twice as long.

"Oh come on, this pair is fine." I shook my head. "It literally says 'naughty' on the back of them." She grumbled and put them back. "Oh how about this!"

The pair she showed me didn't look half bad, they were more open at the ankle area. "Yeah, these are okay." She seemed happy I finally picked something she liked.

We went to the next store for shoes and I think she could see I wasn't looking forward to it. She stopped me from entering the store and spoke. "I won't suggest things anymore okay? Just pick what you like and I'll buy it, no questions."

I felt kinda bad now, she was only trying to help. I liked shopping with her, at least she wasn't like everyone else and she was letting me have a say in things.

And even though some of the things she picked were inappropriate I was having fun looking at everything and seeing new stuff.

I sighed and flatly smiled at her before speaking. "Your suggestions weren't bad they just weren't for me. Some of them were fine, like the pants! Maybe we can go halfway on things yeah?"

Her eyes light up with excitement again. "Alright! Let's go get some shoes!"

We're having fun, that's what matters.

We got back to Eraserhead's house at around nineish.

We entered and saw he was sitting at the table drinking another cup of coffee. "You look like you had fun." He was talking to me, I smiled and nodded.

"Yeah, I did." I was scared he was gonna get upset but he didn't he just nodded. "That's good." He stood up from the table and come over. "I'll walk you out Nemuri."

She nodded and handed me the bags she was carrying. "Let's do this again sometime, but with more spicy clothing okay!"

I smiled and laughed. "Sure." I'm not sure if I'd actually go through with that but at least we'll hang out again.

She smiled once more before leaving out the door with Eraserhead. I went to the living room and sat down on the couch.

I placed my bags down and started taking out clothes to fold. When I thought I was done I saw something at the bottom of my bag.

It was that lacy shirt. She really snuck it into my bag. I just laughed.

I really did have fun today.

Aizawa's Pov:

I walked Nemuri out and walked her to her car.

Before she got in she looked back at me. "She's a good kid." Why was she telling me this? "She is." She looked at me a bit longer before speaking again.

"I think we should talk to Nezu about her rules." My eyes widen a bit, I was surprised she would suggest that. "I know I'm probably out of line to say this but I honestly don't think she was a villain before."

I crossed my arms. "You were there, you saw she was running with the other members of the League." She nodded quickly. "I was but I saw the look on her face when she was running."

She paused. "You saw it too." I did, it was the face of fear. But not from us, from something else.

"You think she had a different motive?" She thought for a moment. "I think someone else had a different motive for her."

That's what I'm afraid of.

*******
2323 Words

How was it?

Fun fact: Midnight showed Y/n the back of Spencers...Y/n ran out and hid from Midnight for a good 30 min

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 36 15
a fanfiction... "𝐢'𝐦 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢 𝐰𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐜𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐬𝐦 𝐝𝐞𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡 𝐨𝐭�...
288K 9.5K 144
_______________________________ "This is the story of how we became the greatest heroes." _________________________________ Nothing about Miyuki's pa...
128K 3.1K 42
Y/n is the child of pro hero Present Mic. Their mother abandoned them when Y/n was a baby and left Present Mic to raise Y/n all by himself. Well, he...
607 29 7
In which a ship lands in the yard of Class 1-A's dorm building they must help welcome their new friend, Y/n from outer space, to Earth. With her ship...