Marked Claws (Mystic Bonds #2...

SkylerChase29 tarafından

❝ Let's rule a Kingdom, shall we? ❞ •○• When human slave turned Fae Handmaiden, Cara Arnel found herself in t... Daha Fazla

Prologue
Part I: The Knowledge
1. Cara
2. Cara
3. Lucien/Damien
4. Arion
5. Cara
6. Cara
7. Cara
8. Xander
9. Cara/Xander
10. Xander/Cara
11. Xander/Cara
12. Damien
13. Arion/Lucien
14. Lucien
15. Xander/Cara
16. Cara/Xander
17. Cara
18. Cara
19. Cara
20. Cara
21. Cara/Xander
Part II: Confrontations
22. Cara/Lucien
23. Cara/Lucien
24. Xander/Cara
26. Cara
27. Cara
28. Britt
29. Cara
30. Cara
31. Lucien
32. Cara/Arion
33. Cara
34. Cara
Epilogue
Book 3 Announcment

25. Arion/Lucien

743 68 28
SkylerChase29 tarafından

(Arion's P.O.V)

She looked like a fucking vision.

She should've been by my side.

Instead here she was, claimed by a half-beast and ready to be a Queen of another Kingdom.

There was storm that had been brewing inside my hollow chest since the invitations had arrived and it had only gotten harsher when Lucien came with news of how he had encountered both the Hunter's Tomb and Cara in the Forest of Galkain.

Arms entwined, they greeted us at the entrance and my blood boiled, that storm inside me whirling faster and faster and if I didn't control myself, my powers would probably swing a rock–or preferably boulder–at the Alpha King.

"Welcome to Adalda, Your Majesties."

Xander swept a look over the entourage and flashed a feral smile, his canines peeking out and he wasn't holding back on his dominance.

But more than any of that, what got on my nerves was the way Cara's lemon and lilac scent— one I was in the presence of after months—was tangled with the werewolf's.

There was too much happening for me to be able to grasp it all but the second I made eye contact with Cara, something inside me stilled.

Her jade green eyes were streaked with silver.

Her complexion was healthy and peach colored flawless skin was exposed.

Cara's full lips were parted slightly and the urge to kiss them swollen was hard to resist.

Her figure was ravishing.

And yet I knew it deep in my bones that the pull I'd felt towards her since Day one would remain the same even if she was scarred and mutilated. Because beauty was a bonus.

And I was an idiot to have tried denying the pull for so long.

The one thing I knew for sure was she was a part of me. Undoubtedly, she was meant to me mine.

Sera had said as much. And knowing that some of my memories were locked away? That just reinforced the idea.

"You all look well." Cara's voice struck chords inside of me and I wasn't even aware of anyone else's presence.

Then she proceeded to look at Damien and Lucien and I didn't miss how Xander's eyes narrowed at her and he tightened his grip.

"You've faired just as well." Lucien's tone was cold as ice when directed towards Cara.

She smiled, an uncanny tilt of her lips. So self-assured. But she didn't answer and instead, her eyes rested on Damien was seemed to be warring with himself. I felt my brows pull down.

Cara opened her mouth, about to speak but Xander interrupted, "We can all meet and talk tomorrow, I'm sure. For today, its quite late. You shall be directed to the Opal Palace. Please have a comfortable stay. We'll see you tomorrow night."

I was tempted to call Cara as my Angel. The name I'd deigned her since our first meeting. Or call her the seductive temptress she had really turned out to be but I could feel Lucien boring holes into the back of my head.

I flashed him a grin which he returned with a savage one. The tension in the air was palpable and thick.

With my telekinesis, Damien's lightning streaking accross random surfaces and Lucien and Xander's strong dominant auras, everyone with a ten-mile radius would've been on their toes.

"Yes, of course. Tomorrow, we can catch up." Damien's eyes were glued to Cara and I was surprised he was this composed.

In fact, I was astonished at my own self-restraint.

"Well, then."

With his hand still around Cara's waist, he turned her around and she too went without protest, mysterious silver streaked jade eyes clashing with mine.

"It's a pleasure to see you all again."

With those last words and a very rude departure, the Alpha King and my Cara vanished inside the Palace.

I ran a hand through my hair, staring at the empty space when Lucien called to me.

"Mind yourself around the little pet now." He glanced at the Palace doors Cara had entered. "She isn't the same female we knew."

"I can tell." Damien muttered, his midnight hair concealing his electric eyes.

I grinned dangerously as an attendant came over.

Glancing at my companions, I spoke. "I'm excited for tomorrow night. Let's see what all is new about our little seductress."

And indeed, we weren't disappointed.

•○•

(Lucien's P.O.V)

I've never been a fan of dancing. It's a cumbersome affair for someone of my stature and interests.

I was built for war, not swan-like gliding.

And yet here I was, having to dance as per the customs while Cecilia dragged me along.

"It's not so bad, Lucien. Relax."

I gave her a flat stare to which she responded with a snicker.

Cecilia had been officially invited as well as she was the representative of the Shifters. It seemed the scent of oranges would haunt me for a while longer.

Not that I didn't enjoy the idea of having her close by to release some twnsion. Because God's knew how wound up I'd been since the moment I laid eyes on Cara in Xander's arms.

The sight made my ice cold heart clench.

I knew Damien was around but he'd been a little off. Hadn't talked to me much since he met Cara last evening and Arion had been milking the chance to converse with the officials, no doubt making important connections. But it wasn't like he had been unaffected.

The changed, self-assured looking Cara was a kick to the stomach even though she'd never kept the fore in her under check. It's just that now she could act like the queen she was.

Queen she was?

Where did the thought come from?

My attention was called upon when the Royal entry of the officially Coronated Queen Luna and Alpha King was announced.

The dancing tune of the music changed to a royal one. The orchestra sure was talented.

There she stood, looking ethereal with a satin dress of gold that was sparkling like a thousand suns. Her eyes swept the dance floor from her entrance above.

The dancing stopped and Cecilia sighed besides me but I kept my face impassionate and tracked her movements.

I looked around us at the melee and deduced that a lot of high-ranking people had indeed decided to grace this occasion.

Other royals of kingdoms big and small had graced this ceremony.

The King Gordon of the Wist Ocean of the East had arrived as well and so had the Nymph Queen Malie. Two people who were rarely seen outside of their domains. In fact, a lot of other rarely appearing royals were attending and I was inclined to believe it was more than just their respectful intentions.

With a war on the horizon, this Mating Ball Ceremony would be the perfect time for alliance forming.

It had been a smart decision to come here, not just because of Cara.

Speaking of whom, Cara had now reached the bottom steps and I felt a muscle in my jaw clench.

She was drowning in Xander's scent.

Which meant they'd had some quick action between the official Coronation Ceremony and this after party ball.

It made something inside me roar. That beastly part of me wanted to rip into the man in front of me and claim the girl.

The girl with silver-jade eyes who was looking at me.

Her skin so smooth and pale and on display. Skin I wanted to leave a mark on.

The sleeveless nature of the dress was not a surprise considering the fashions of Adalda. However, it did tempt me. Her hair was open and flowing with twin braids on each side of her head. There was a gold crown sitting on her head and the glint of her Silern dagger shone from the slit in her dress every time she shifted.

The golden dress was designed with black swirls that danced on the edges of the fabric sweeping the ground.

And a face that was composed. Ever so emotionless.

At least that hadn't changed.

I bowed, half a mockery as we kept eye contact. "Your Majesty."

Cara dipped her chin in acknowledgement.

She looked the part. She looked a Queen. And I couldn't get the idea out of my head.

She'd been a pet.

Could I still even call her that? No. Probably not.

Only in private though. I would call her pet in private.

I suppose I intended for us to have a few one on one meetings. Hmmm.

I spotted Damien coming closer and Arion was right behind him. A crowd had gathered behind us and I knew that pleasantries were in order.

And yet, Xander's narrowed eyes were jumping between the three of us.

I felt my lips tilt upwards at the thought that he could possibly be jealous.

It was not a secret that werewolves were extremely touchy with their mates, especially after Mating. Besides, he was an Alpha and so being possessive and territorial came with it.

Didn't mean I was less of a beast or that he could intimidate me.

The music started up again, the one wherr we were meant to dance our waltzes.

But my eyes remained fixed on Cara. The little pet.

And her eyes? They were drinking in Cecilia.

Xander pulled her closer and announced loudly, "I'd like to restart the festivities with a dance."

Cara smiled up at him and the ugly claws of a feeling I hadn't felt in ever took root inside of me.

Cecilia leaned closer and seductively whispered, "What do you say to one more dance, General?"

I kept eye-contact and even though I had no inclination to dance a minute ago, now all I wanted was to see that look of sparking embers in Cara's eyes.

"I say yes." I flashed a cutting smile at Cara and then looked down at Cecilia who had a wide smile on her face.

Lemon and lilacs.
Or oranges and a history.

It was a weird choice. But for tonight, it wasn't a hard one to make.

The music picked up and couples adorded the dance floor. Shimmering chandeliers and colorful Glassworks surrounded us. Golden goblets of Fae wine were passed around and the King and Queen stepped into the center of the dance floor.

"What a sight." Arion's murmur made me snicker.

I glanced at Damien and saw him downing another drink. There were two females besides her, a court member of the Nymph Queen and a Fae. And even though their hands were exploring his chest in broad daylight, Damien's electric gaze was rooted to Cara.

There was something dark brewing in it, something gut-wrenching.

"You knew and kept it a secret." Arion's tone was accusing but I simply shrugged.

Cecilia rose a brow.

"I thought it might be a fun surprise."

A sarcastic sigh left the Fae King's lips. "I hole you're enjoying then."

"That's still up for debate."

Arion glanced at Cecilia and then chuckled softly. "A woman's company might be a good idea for your ice cold heart." Then he grinned, "Just not the woman you think of when Ceclia is on her knees for you."

Cecilia's eyes flashed and I narrowed my own. Arion laughed.

"Didn't Katherine come as your partner?"

His laughter cut short, Arion met Cecilia's eyes. His smile was still present, just sharper. I felt my own lips curl up in amusement.

"She did. In fact, she should be making her way towards me soon enough—"

"There she is." I pointed.

All of us glanced at Lady Katherine coming over, a self satisfied smirk on her lips and poison green eyes wide with a sense of petty triumph.

Arion ran a hand through his russet hair and then smiled at me. "Then I suppose I should give the Lady a dance as well."

He'd been unwilling to actually bring her along. Weirdly, he seemed to have lost his interest in her. But I think right now, all three of us are trying to make someone jealous and I'm not sure if it'll work.

"You should. Go."

With a slight bow, he left us to our own devices and joined Katherine on the dance floor. He swept her up into the dance routine and skilled as she was, the Lady matched him step for step.

I exhaled softly, looking around for anything suspicious. An arm twined around mine and Cecilia smiled at me like usual. But there was a stiffness in her body language.

"Shall we?"

I looked at the main attraction, Cara and Xander dancing to the perfect melody in the center. A vision of Royals.

And I decided that I didn't like her in his arms. Not one bit. And I wasn't ashamed to admit that.

"Yes. Let's dance." I sharply tugged on Cecilia and we joined the couples.

My eyes met Cara's from across the dancefloor as she twirled into Xander's arms.

She was good at keeping her composure.

But the jade green of her eyes was burning a jealous green. And I could tell.

Her eyes flitted away from me and Cecilia only to land on Katherine and Arion. I watched, rather amused when she finally spotted Damien kissing the Fae he'd been with previously.

That one though took me aback as well. Damien had made clear how he wasn't going to give anyone but his Soulbond a flicker of his attention. But apparently that resolve was nothing in the face of jealousy.

Cara looked calm. A forced calm though. Her finger gleamed with my ring and it gave me sense of pure smugness to see her wearing it.

I danced to the beat, a step to the left and a step forward.

My hands met Cecilia's skin.

But my eyes met Cara's.

And the burning jealousy in them made me sincerely smile after a very long time.

Let's see who breaks first, pet. Because as it seems, you're a possesive little fiend.

•○•

AN~

Well, I hope you enjoyed the chapter hehe. It was fun to write but I was in an awful writer's slump and super stressed due to my studies and exams and so much has been going on.

I can promise you at least one chapter each month though lol.

I'm really excited for the next chapter because I've been wanting to put this scene out for 2 YEARS. But anyways hehe, are you excited to see what's gonna happen?

What about the new approaches of Lucien, Damien and Arion? What do you think will be happening due to the jealousy brewing in each one of them?

Stay tuned, thank you for all your support and don't forget to vote, comment and share you views!

I'm so happy to see that you all enjoy this story even though it's a very rough first draft with awful typos. But still. It's something I guess haha.

To think it's already December! New Year is right around the corner as well. Oof it's been a Rollercoaster.

Till next time then, take care!

~Skyler

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

2.1K 178 29
❝ 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑘𝑖𝑠𝑠 𝑜𝑓 𝑎𝑛 𝑎𝑛𝑔𝑒𝑙 𝑐𝑎𝑛 𝑝𝑢𝑡 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛 𝑎 𝑑𝑒𝑣𝑖𝑙 𝑡𝑜 𝑠𝑙𝑒𝑒𝑝, 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛 𝑎 𝑑𝑒𝑣𝑖𝑙 𝑖𝑠 𝑐𝑎𝑝𝑎𝑏𝑙𝑒 𝑜𝑓 𝑓...
138 1 19
Life had always been much the same for Korin. Seasons came and went, the forest bloomed and died, the sun rose and fell, the moon, oh the beloved moo...
103 4 10
Tiffany-Angelica-valentine a lonely dark and sassy badass, she is a 24 year old who lives in a small unfrequented town where no one visits often due...
12K 5.3K 37
Unknown to the average human world, there is a place where every supernatural being that fuels nightmares resides. Shielded completely from prying ey...