Healing Hearts (Gus x Matt)

By Boba_Box

~don't pay attention to how horrible the first chapters are written, I don't feel like fixing them either so... More

~chapter 1~
~chapter 2~
~chapter 3~
~chapter 4~
~chapter 5~
~chapter 6~
~chapter 7~
~Chapter 8~
~Chapter 9~
~Chapter 10~
~chapter 11~
~Chapter 12~
~Chapter 13~
~chapter 14~
~Chapter 15~
~Chapter 16~
~chapter 17~
~Chapter 18~
~Chapter 19~
~chapter 20~
~chapter 21~
~chapter 22~
~chapter 23~
~chapter 25~
~chapter 26~
~chapter 27~
~chapter 28~
~chapter 29~
~chapter 30~
~chapter 31~
~chapter 32~
~chapter 33~
~chapter 34~
~chapter 35~
~chapter 36~
~chapter 37~
~chapter 38~
~chapter 39~
~chapter 40~
~chapter 41~
~chapter 42~
~ I have some news....~
~chapter 43~
~chapter 44~
~chapter 45~

~chapter 24~

538 15 27
By Boba_Box

Matt's POV:

"Gus! Where are you?" I call out into the excited crowd of people.

I can't find him.

Maybe he's with the others...

I text him.

Matt: <Hey Gus? What section are you in? Im by the healers since most of my family is in the healing track>

*delivered 5 minutes ago*

I wait another 5 minutes. Still nothing.

I turn to my mom and say, "Hey, im going to look for a friend real quick. I won't go far, if I don't find him in this area I'll come back- I promise." She nods and I look for him.

"Gus!? Gus, where are you?" I call out again into the crowd. No response. No sweet voice calling back saying "Hey there dork!" No little voice that belongs to my wonderful boyfriend.

I give up. I walk back to my family, defeated.

I send him another text.

Matt: <Hey, want to meet up after the day of unity ceremony is done?>

*delivered*

Yep... no response.

Is Gus mad at me? Did I do something wrong?

At that moment, Emperor Belos steps on the stage and starts to give a speech. The whole crowd erupts into applause and screams. It's way too loud for anyone's liking. But they all scream anyways.

He finishes his speech. And all of a sudden my sister let's out a high-pitched, blood curdling scream. Her sigil on her arm is glowing and spreading to the rest of her arm.

Then everyone else falls to the ground in agonizing Pain. My mom, my brother, everyone around me. Except for me.

I kneal down next to my sister, frantic. "CORA! WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON? WHAT CAN I DO TO HELP?!" She shakes her head and closes her eyes. Tears are streaming out of her eyes.

Then she passes out.

"CORA!!" I scream, bending over to catch her before her head hits the ground. "CORA. YOU BETTER WAKE UP YOU HEAR ME?! TH-THIS BETTER BE SOME SICK PRANK! YOU BETTER BE FUCKING JOKING YOU HEAR ME"  I sob.

Then my mom falls. Then my brother. Then the people all around me.

This can't be happening. This can't be happening. This is probably all just a nightmare. If I close my eyes I'll wake up in my bed, safe and sound. And Cora and my mom and brother will be okay too. And then I can go to Gus's house and hug him and be with him to let me forget about this bad dream... yeah... it's just a bad dream... it's just a dream...

But when I open my eyes again everything is still there. My unconscious family surrounding me. The people I know laying all around me.

And Gus is nowhere to be seen.

I curl into a ball and cry.

I feel like a little kid crying because they're afraid of the dark.

Why did this happen to them? Why them and not me? Why do I have to see them suffer? Why can't I take their place?

I lean my sister against the wall so she's sitting upright. I hold her hand and lean on her shoulder.

I sob into the empty place around me.

The sounds of children screaming and crying echoes throughout the air. Like a thick fog, too stubborn to go away.

It stays like that for hours.

5 hours after everything happened, everyone was still unconscious.

I still sit there. Hugging my sister.

She's the person I'm the closest to. We've always been close growing up. She's only 2 grades above me, so naturally we got along pretty good.

When I was young, I'd play dolls with her. We'd spend lots of time styling their hair in various ways. Ponytails, pigtails, braids, anything you could think of- we styled it.

We pretended that we had our own cook show where we'd judge eachothers "meals" that we had made out of 'build your own tacos' that mom would make for us.

We spent hours apon hours apon hours making up all sorts of stupid games. All of which involved jumping around on the furniture, trying not to touch the ground.

My crying is interrupted by my grumbling stomach.

Oh Titan... when was the last time I ate?

I check my phone.

7 hours ago? Has it really been that long?

I contemplate what I should do. I want only to stay here with my family until they wake up. But I'm so incredibly hungry...

Eventually my hunger gets the best of me. I hesitantly stand up. I cast a spell. I gently tough my hand to the ground and a small statue forms. It's a small pillar with a heart on top. So that when I come back, I can easily find my family- the people I love most in this world (except for Gus, he is also on that list).

Tears still streaming from my eyes, I turn and walk back home. The streets are very empty, it's very strange.

When I get home, I unlock the door.

I half expected my mom to walk into the room amd say, "finally! Dinner is starting to get cold!" But of course, nobody was there.

The house was quiet. It wasn't filled with the bubbling cauldron filled with one of Cora's potions for her classes. Or music from Steve's speaker in his room. It was filled woth the sound of nothingness. The sound of emptiness.

I slowly walk over to the pantry and take out a piece of fruit. I start to eat and break down all over again.

I have no one. My boyfriend isn't answering me. My friends are missing. And my family is unconscious..... I have absolutely nobody right now.

~Time skip~

I wake up on the couch.

Very dazed from the long, long sleep I just had I walked down to the basement to tell Cora all about my weird dream.

"Hey Cora. I had the craziest-" I peer into the basement, nobody is there.

I walk back to the couch slowly, my world crashing down with each staggering step, finally taking in the magnitude of the situation.

The whole boiling isles is unconscious. Well- maybe not all, but a good fucking majority of it is. I have nobody to take care of me. I have nobody to talk to. I have NO ONE.

I curl up into a ball on the couch again and cry.

I cry for a good 2 hours.

Then something clicks inside me.

I run back to my family, and I take them back to the house. Granted- it took a while because I had to find a wheelchair from the attic. But I got them home.

I took each of them and put them into the living room. They were laying on the sofa (we have a pretty big couch).

I make myself some food again and eat.

I have to take care of them until they wake up. And I can't take care of them if I don't take care of myself.

But then I remember something else.

Gus

(Emd scene)
So, before you ask- this is just my take on how it could've happened at the day of unity for the people in the sections of whatever. I have t seen the new episode(s) as of yet (me writing this chapter) so if any of this is inaccurate to what happens in the show... then whatever- idc.

There's only a bit more left to this story! I hope you guys have loved the story.

ONE MORE IMPORTANT THING!!!!
I'm switching the remaining chapters to 3rd person point of view. It'll still have the "insert name's pov:" things on there, but it'll he told from 3rd person perspective

Stay safe my lovlies :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

109K 2K 33
Harry is a newly classified little, he's afraid and he's struggling, yet he finds some...odd comfort in someone he didn't expect that warm safe feeli...
742K 27.4K 102
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
912K 21K 49
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
Knight By m

Teen Fiction

19.1M 664K 57
COMPLETED [boyxboy] Mason Maloney has lived his whole life in the shadow of his twin brother, Nathan, star quarterback of the football team. While N...