The Marriage Contract

By Unspokenlove12

Dr Abhimanyu Birla is being considered to become the CEO of Birla Hospital but his anger issues and his playb... More

1 - Troublemaker
2 - Broke
3 - No Money, All The Problems
4 - Ultimatums
5 - The Marriage Contract
6 - Dress Rehersal
7 - First Date
8 - Daddy Issues and Skinny Muses
9 - Infamous Birla and His Mystery Girl
10 - Its Raining Cats and Dogs
11 - A Hero, A Heroine and A Villian Too
13 - Fools in Love
14 - The Marriage of Dr. Abhimanyu Birla
15 - I Now Pronounce You Husband and Wife
16 - Heads is Me, Tails is Not You
17 - Manwhore with Morals
18 - Dreaming of Reality
19 - The (Ration)al Dilemma
20 - Playboy Goes To Work
21 - It's Not Just Yours, It's Ours
22 - Takeout Not Allowed
23 - So Many Damned Pillows
24 - The Wanton and The Violated
25 - Team No Sleep
26 - Camping Companions
27 - Some more S'mores Please
28 - Stormy Night Sleepover
29 - Gallivanting Around Town
30 - To Trust is To Honour
31 - A Complicated Affair
32 - Mr and Mrs Birla
33 - Risky Moves and Dancing Grooves
34 - Bidding on Mine
35 - Tug-O-Feelings
36 - A Wife Scorned
37 - Against His Will
38 - Food Over Flowers
39 - My First Kiss
40 - My First Mistake
41 - Do You Want Me?
42 - Blowing off Some Steam
43 - Coming to a Standstill
44 - Living In The Present
45 - Let's Play a Game
46 - Ice Cream Topped with 20 Questions
47 - The Good News
48 - First Day at Work
49 - Strip Tease
50 - Fits and Fitting Rooms
51 - Stepping into Paradise
52 - Pools and Plans
53 - Surprises and Dares
54 - Snorkerling and Solace
55 - Weddings and Old Flames
56 - Dry Spell
57 - Sticking Together
58 - Wedding Vows
59 - Secrets
60 - Reality Check
61 - Love Lorn
62 - Painting
63 - A Curve Ball
64 - Heartbreak and Hurt
65 - I Trust You as Much as I Love You, To Infinity
66 - The Trap
67 - Super Secret Spy
68 - Sweet Revenge
69 - A Storm Brewing
70 - The Contractual Obligations
71 - Gold Digger
72 - What's Mine is Yours
73 - Allergies or Afraid?
74 - Puppy Love
75 - A Slight Shift in Paradox
76 - Familar Faces
77 - My Guardian Angel
78 - Father and Son
79 - Dysfunctional Families
80 - All is Well
Epilogue - 3 Years Later

12 - Just Like The Movies

2.7K 215 20
By Unspokenlove12

The ride to the theater was frankly very, awkward, to say the least. Partially because of what had happened back at her apartment and partially because of what was going to happen at the movies.

Neither Akshara nor Abhimanyu said a word to each other as Abhimanyu drove them to the theatre. What would they say? Should Abhimanyu say 'Sorry, I acted so protective' or should Akshara be grateful and say, 'Thank you for protecting me. No one's done that for me before'

Yeah, not happening. Not even in their wildest dreams.

And that is exactly why they chose to drive in silence. No music, no nothing other than the loud silence that was playing like a drum in tune with the guitar strings of sexual tension.

Abhimanyu glanced over at Akshara who was busy looking out the window. It was the first time he had ever felt protective about someone. The thought of that creepy asshole bothering her when he wasn't there to protect her made his skin crawl with disgust and irrational anger.

Akshara turned around to look at Abhimanyu who was focused on watching the road straight ahead. Should she say something? Abhimanyu really wasn't as bad as the tabloids made him out to be. He was actually quite a gentleman. Protective. A great doctor at that too.

The corners of her lips turned into a small smile as she reminisced the way he wrapped his arm around her waist to protect her from Ronak. Yeah, Abhimanyu Birla was not that bad of a person. He was pretty good, actually.

Akshara bit her lip and turned her eyes away from Abhimanyu, choosing to watch the road in front of her. They had a year of 'togetherness' to go through. The least they could do was be cordial with each other, right? Perhaps friends even?

But how? How does one bring up the topic of friendship? Had Abhimanyu ever been just friends with a girl before? Akshara shook that obtuse, foreign thought away from her mind. Abhimanyu and being just friends with a girl? Please. Knowing his history with the female sex, Hell would have to freeze over first in order for that to happen.

"And we're here." Abhimanyu announced, pulling the car up into the parking lot of the movie theatre and pulling Akshara out of her baseless thoughts.

"Right. Let's do this." Akshara nodded her head, still avoiding eye contact with Abhimanyu.

Yeah, she needed to get rid of those weird thoughts she was having about being friends with Abhimanyu Birla. Men like him did not make friends. She should just be grateful that he was at least being cordial with her.

Akshara got out of the passenger seat and made her way around the hood of the car to go stand beside Abhimanyu, placing her hand in his outstretched one.

"Ready?" She asked, nodding her head.

"Not like we have a choice." The disinterest was heavily visible in his voice.

~*~

As they walked into the movie theater, Akshara felt all sets of eyes on Abhimanyu. People stopped midway, some even rubbing their eyes to make sure they weren't dreaming when they watched Abhimanyu Birla walk into a movie theater, holding hands with the same girl he was seen with 2 days ago.

It was a first for Abhimanyu Birla —being seen with the same woman twice. And it was a first for all the individuals watching him too —seeing him with the same woman, more than once, and that too on a date.

"Everyone is staring at us." Akshara whispered, between grit teeth, keeping her face straight and a big smile plastered on her lips.

"Isn't that what you signed up for?" He replied, turning to face her with a fake smile lining his lips too.

"You're a jerk you know that?" Her eyes were shooting daggers at him while her lips were forced to show elation.

"Don't you get tired of repeating the same thing over and over again? Think of something new, something original. Come on, I believe in you." He mocked, smiling at her as they came to a pause right in front of the concession booth.

Yeah, what made her think she'd ever be able to be friends with him?

This man was so infuriating. Nice one moment and frustratingly annoying the next. It was as if he enjoyed pushing people away, afraid that they'd gotten too close to him. But then again, why should she care, if he didn't?

"Hello sir, what can I get for you?" The employee asked Abhimanyu.

Abhimanyu turned to face Akshara.  "Would you like something, honey? Some popcorn perhaps?"

Akshara glanced at the concession booth worker taking their order before turning to face her boyfriend. "Of course! You know how much I love popcorn. And a drink too, please. Coke."

Abhimanyu turned towards the employee, "Can we get one medium coke, and one large popcorn, with extra butter. Make it as buttery as you can. My girl loves her butter even though I tell her too much butter isn't good for her but nope, she never listens. Girls, amirite?" Abhimanyu joked.

Akshara pinched Abhimanyu's palm, understanding full well he was ordering the extra buttery popcorn just to rally her up. "Please honey, you don't need to hide your love for butter by using my name. In fact it is I who has to stop you from bingeing on all the butter. Come on now, you're a doctor, you should know better." She replied, sweetly.

She turned to the concession booth employee to correct the order. "Please don't listen to him. Just a large popcorn with regular butter."

"Umm, the machine for the butter is over there. You can just pour your own, however much you like." He answered, pointing them to a table with the butter machine, making both Akshara and Abhimanyu's mouths form a big O.

"Right, thank you." Akshara replied, feeling slightly embarrassed while Abhimanyu could've cared less.

~*~

As Abhimanyu and Akshara settled into their center seats at the top most row of the theater, Akshara decided to finally talk to Abhimanyu about his attitude as they waited for the movie to start.

"No offense but do you enjoy being a prick to everyone or is it just me? Do you get some sort of sexual gratification from it or something?"

"Actually, I've never thought of it that way but now that you mention it, being a prick does do things —insane unspeakable to me. So I guess, yeah." He answered, leaning into her, not a hint of seriousness in his voice.

Akshara's breath hitched in her throat watching him leaning on so close to her. He knew the effect he had on women and no matter how much she tried to deny it on the surface, the reality of it all was, under all this dislike she harboured for him, she still was a woman —which meant she wasn't completely immune to his charms. No matter how hard she tried.

Akshara sat up straight in her seat, placing one finger on his chest and pushing Abhimanyu away from her. "You're...such a..." Damnit, why was she so rattled?

"Jerk? Like I said, think of something new, unique, original because that insult is starting to sound more like a term of endearment now." He replied, shaking his head at Akshara's lack of originality.

"Argh...you're...you're...you're...so annoying!" Akshara closed her eyes and slowly winced to herself. That's it? That's all you could come up with?! Really Akshara? What is wrong with you?!

"You're just starting to realize it right now? You have an entire year of my annoying ass to deal with. 365 days. How do you plan on doing that?!" He asked, turning around to face her.

"I'll find a way. Money is a good motivator." She reminded him.

Abhimanyu's jaw locked and his lips flatlined at her reply and he nodded his head in response. "Of course it is."

Without saying another word, he turned around to face the screen, just as the lights started to dim. And the movie started to play.

What? Had she said something out of place to warrant such a reaction from him?

Akshara glanced at Abhimanyu to see the expression on his face but nothing. It was blank. The playfulness in his demeanor had disappeared and instead was replaced by serious indifference.

Why did the sinking feeling in her stomach tell her she had somehow, seriously messed up?

<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>

Here you go! To anyone and everyone waiting for an update. And I hope this chapter lived up to your expectations!

AbhiRa are still in their hot/cold zone but change is coming, slowly but surely!

Comments/opinions/criticism welcome!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

220K 15.6K 60
Nerdy. Glasses. A Bookworm. Shy. These are some of the words Abhimanyu Birla would use to describe Akshara Goenka, the younger sister of his best fr...
52.1K 4.5K 35
Dr. Abhimanyu Birla, a highly esteemed cardiac surgeon renowned for his exceptional skills, not only dedicates his life to the demanding world of med...
28.1K 2.4K 22
Two sisters were married to two brothers... Akshara Goenka to Abhimanyu Birla Arohi Goenka to Neil Birla... But as time passes akshara and abhimanyu...
351K 22.7K 42
𝓓𝓮𝓭𝓲𝓬𝓪𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷 "𝓣𝓸 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓰𝓲𝓻𝓵𝓼 𝓸𝓾𝓽 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓮, 𝔀𝓱𝓸 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝓽𝓸 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝓶𝓸𝓻𝓪𝓵𝓵𝔂 𝓰𝓻𝓮𝔂 𝓶𝓪𝓷 𝓲𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓮...