(HIATUS) Prodigies Against th...

asphyxii_

"I tried to hate you... I tried so hard, but I just couldn't do it." ---------------- You felt you were desti... Еще

Introduction (if u skip u suck btw)
| prologue |
| 1 | Mister Emperor Man Takes Another Victim
| 2 | Bruv Got Mad at a Fvcking Kahoot Match
| 3 | Get That Boy a Therapist!
| 4 | LIVE: Teen Fights Several Adults as Ordered by Lord Emperor Belos Almighty
| 5 | Y/N Fills the Absence of Hunter's (much needed) Therapist
| 6 | Hunter's Super Secret Spy Mission
| 7 | The Author Fits Several Small Arcs Into One Chapter
| 8 | Look at All The Silly Little Chapters with their Silly Little Titles
| 9 | I Sure Do Love These Silly Little Titles
| Special Chapter | Hunter's POV 8 & 9
| 10 | If A Chapter Doesn't Have A Silly Title, Then You KNOW It's Gonna Be Bad
| 12 | And Now Back To The Silly Titles :D
| 13 | Mandatory Dream Chapter Used to Lazily Display Y/N's Inner Struggles
The Super Grand Awesome Real Valentine's Day Special (Totally Not Clickbait)
| 14 | Y/N The Pokemon Trainer
| 15 | The Ballad of the Broken
| 16 | Lumity Episode Lumity Episode Lumity Episode
| 17 | Insert Funny Eclipse Lake Title I Have a Headache and Can't Think of One
| 18 | Y/N's Nightmare Except It's Just Alternate Reality Mabel's Bubble
| 19 | I didn't know what to call this chapter but it's the time pools episode.
| 20 | Hunter's Gonna Wanna Sit Down For This One...
| 21 | If this was split into seasons, this would be the Season 1 Finale Part 2
| 22 | The Episode Before Labyrinth Runners
| 23 | The Truth Behind It All
| 24 | The Title I Wanted Was Too Long and Wattpad Didn't Allow It
| 25 | This chapter is only 854 Words But The Next One Will Be Better
| 26 | The Day of Unity
| 27 | If Only We Had Never Met
| 28 | No Portal?
| 29 | Shortass Mini Chapter
| 30 | The Chapter Where Amity Ruins The Moment
| 31 | I Wrote This While Listening to Home from Undertale on Loop

| 11 | His Heart Shattered And The Light Vanished From His Eyes

651 38 67
asphyxii_

Words: 1459
Date published: 1/6/2023

- not proof-read -

There was a knock at your door that startled you, causing the pencil lead to break on the page. "Who is it?"

"Kikimora, Y/N. I have a delivery!" What the fuck is that gremlin going on about..?

You opened the door and she held out a small box. "What's this?" you asked, taking the box from her. It wasn't too fancy, but it was still made out of a polished deep-red wood and tied with a golden ribbon.

"It's officially been 3 months since you first achieved your last rank, and Emperor Belos sent me to give you your gift basket!"

"Gift basket?"

"Oh? You don't know? If you maintain a rank for 3 months, you get a gift basket according to your rank. The higher the rank, the better the basket. It's... sort of a way of giving gratitude and providing hospitality."

"Oh... thank you, Kikimora," you said, for once sounding genuine.

"Umm... you're welcome!"

/// /// ///

It was your last day with him and he had no idea.

"Oh, I have to get ready for tonight's mission soon." You stiffened at Hunter's sudden words. Don't cry. Don't cry. Don't cry.

"Oh, okay!" Save it until he's gone. Save it until he's gone.

He got up to leave, but before he could, you tackled him in a hug so tight he couldn't breathe. You refused to let him go until he began to panic. You hastily stepped back. "Goodbye, Hunter," you said, praying that he wouldn't pick up on the strain to keep your voice from cracking.

"See ya later, Second Place." No, you won't, you thought bitterly, maintaining a forced smile until the door latched shut and everything fell apart.

/// /// ///

You had exhausted yourself with tears when a knock was heard upon your door. "Enter," you said with no emotion. You knew it was Steve. And you knew why he was here. It was already time.

"Now, as stated before, Belos can feel large amounts of magic use as almost a sixth sense, so a portal would be a bad move. You won't be able to take a coven-issued staff as they have tracking devices that activate when flown. So you'll need a combination of spells and stealth to sneak across the castle grounds and into the surrounding forest. From there, you'll go straight through and to one of the back alleys of Bonesborough.

"You'll want to follow the streets heading towards the coast, as that's where your destination lies. And remember to have my post notifications turned on because I won't be posting anything until they notice you're missing. That'll be your signal to stay extra alert. Take this pin to disguise your identity."

You took the pin from him and clipped it onto the collar of your shirt, instantly changing every feature of your appearance. Steve gave you a thumbs-up and you slid the letter into an envelope. "Wish me luck..." you said. "This stunt won't be easy."

You stood on the ledge of the window, steadying your breath. You couldn't fly because that would send a signal and arise suspicion. This was the best way. "You got this," Steve said from behind you.

"Three..." You inched closer to the ledge, gripping the staff tightly. Your head spun at the dizzying drop below.

"Two..." You turned around so that you were facing the inside of your room, your back to the vast openness beyond your window.

"One." You leaped out the window, pushing yourself as far outward as possible and forcing yourself forward with teleportation back towards the castle. You barely made it to Hunter's window, scrambling to not fall. You fell inside his room, heart racing. You caught your breath and placed the envelope carefully under his covers.

The way back to your room was much easier having already done it once. You were surprised to see Steve sorting through your extra belongings that didn't fit into your backpack. "What are you doing?"

"Packing," he answered as if that explained everything.

"Why?"

"Safekeeping. If we cross paths again at a time more convenient, I can give you the rest of your items." Somehow, that thought brought you an insane amount of comfort. It felt as if half the weight had been lifted off your shoulders just like that. "You'll want to go as soon as the sun has dropped entirely below the horizon. You want as much nighttime as possible, just in case." You nodded firmly to show your understanding. The sun had already almost completely disappeared.

"Do you want a rematch?" Steve asked. You were confused for a moment until you recognized the cards in his hand. He wanted to play the first game you ever played together. Sentimental bastard, you thought with a grin, sitting across from him at your now-barren desk.

/// /// ///

You were talking, and having a great time. It was easy to forget how dark the path ahead was.

When you caught a glimpse of the night sky, completely dark without even a moon in sight, your heart sank and your smile dropped. Steve seemed to notice. "Yeah... I wasn't going to say anything for a while," he admitted. "It's time, though."

"I'm gonna miss you," you said, voice cracking and tears pricking at your eyes.

"It won't be goodbye forever, Y/N," Steve said gently, though you could tell he was upset as well. "We'll call soon."

"Right," you said, placing one foot on the windowsill before freezing. You turned around and raced back, pulling Steve into a hug. He squeezed you back and patted your head gently. "Goodbye, Steve," you whispered before stepping back and to the window once more.

"See ya later, Kiddo."

You cast both levitation and an invisibility spell with much effort, and without looking back, you jumped into the night air, leaving the castle behind you forever.

/// /// ///

Hunter's POV

I was still trembling with my meeting with Belos. I failed a mission again. I disappointed him after he's done so much for me! I was so close, but some stupid human had to ruin it for me!

I considered stopping by Y/N's room to calm down a bit, but her light was off. Maybe she went to bed early. Her light was on all night last night.

I went to my own room instead, kicking off my boots and removing my mask and hood. I grabbed my current book and sat down on my bed when something caught my eye. I pulled it out from under the covers. An envelope...? I flipped it over. It was addressed to me in Y/N's writing. It brought a stupidly large grin to my face knowing that she wrote something to me.

I excitedly opened the envelope and pulled out the letter inside, reading it aloud. "Dear Hunter..." I began, but my smile quickly faded as I continued. "By the time you read this, I will already be long gone. The Emperor's Coven is not a good place. Not for me. I had to flee. I had been trying to tell you for two weeks now, but every time I was prepared, I lost all courage. I couldn't bear to hurt you, even though I knew that the pain of my decision was inevitable. I chose the cowardly route. I ran so fast I wouldn't have to see your pain. I'm so sorry, Hunter." My voice began to crack as I read the words she had written, not being able to comprehend what was going on. "Nobody knows of my disappearance other than you and Steve. Steve helped me a lot, including giving me the idea to write you this letter. Please, for my safety, do not report me missing. Let them find out on their own, and never let them find this letter.

"I'm sorry it had to be this way, Hunter. I wish I wasn't forced to leave you... I hope our paths cross again someday. Until then, stay safe... Sincerely, Y/N." I stared blankly at the page for what felt like an eternity before slowly lowering it to my lap. My head was spinning with thoughts, yet somehow, my mind was still empty.

She... left?

She's gone?

No... No, that can't be right. There weren't any signs!

Maybe...

Maybe it's a game?

I rapidly reread the page, over and over again, searching for clues, hints, any signs that this wasn't what it seemed. It was a trick. An elaborate prank. A cruel game. It had to be.

"It has to be," I whimpered. "It has to be. It has to be." I repeated the phrase over and over again desperately, unable to control my breathing. At some point, my words weren't even comprehensible.

I laid down on my side, hugging my knees into my chest as silent sobs shook my entire body. She's... gone... She's not coming back...

She's never coming back.

I'm never gonna see Y/N again.

A/N: lmao

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

41.2K 1.5K 41
Y/n meets an old friend, who is now the Golden Guard. They have a long rich history together, but Hunter doesn't seem to remember much of it. Watch...
1.1K 44 12
"You bewitch me every damn second you're with me. I try to think straight but I'm falling so badly, I'm coming apart. You wrotе me a note, cast a spe...
126K 4.4K 47
"Do you trust me!?" Hunter shouted "What is this? A fucking Disney movie!?" Y/n shouted back. "Do you want to die!?" Hunter shouted Y/n shook her he...
8.1K 317 17
A trans Golden Guard fanfiction based on the 2010 game Loved by Ocias. Though please keep in mind if you've played the game, it goes a bit off plot o...