(HIATUS) Prodigies Against th...

By asphyxii_

"I tried to hate you... I tried so hard, but I just couldn't do it." ---------------- You felt you were desti... More

Introduction (if u skip u suck btw)
| prologue |
| 1 | Mister Emperor Man Takes Another Victim
| 2 | Bruv Got Mad at a Fvcking Kahoot Match
| 3 | Get That Boy a Therapist!
| 4 | LIVE: Teen Fights Several Adults as Ordered by Lord Emperor Belos Almighty
| 5 | Y/N Fills the Absence of Hunter's (much needed) Therapist
| 6 | Hunter's Super Secret Spy Mission
| 7 | The Author Fits Several Small Arcs Into One Chapter
| 9 | I Sure Do Love These Silly Little Titles
| Special Chapter | Hunter's POV 8 & 9
| 10 | If A Chapter Doesn't Have A Silly Title, Then You KNOW It's Gonna Be Bad
| 11 | His Heart Shattered And The Light Vanished From His Eyes
| 12 | And Now Back To The Silly Titles :D
| 13 | Mandatory Dream Chapter Used to Lazily Display Y/N's Inner Struggles
The Super Grand Awesome Real Valentine's Day Special (Totally Not Clickbait)
| 14 | Y/N The Pokemon Trainer
| 15 | The Ballad of the Broken
| 16 | Lumity Episode Lumity Episode Lumity Episode
| 17 | Insert Funny Eclipse Lake Title I Have a Headache and Can't Think of One
| 18 | Y/N's Nightmare Except It's Just Alternate Reality Mabel's Bubble
| 19 | I didn't know what to call this chapter but it's the time pools episode.
| 20 | Hunter's Gonna Wanna Sit Down For This One...
| 21 | If this was split into seasons, this would be the Season 1 Finale Part 2
| 22 | The Episode Before Labyrinth Runners
| 23 | The Truth Behind It All
| 24 | The Title I Wanted Was Too Long and Wattpad Didn't Allow It
| 25 | This chapter is only 854 Words But The Next One Will Be Better
| 26 | The Day of Unity
| 27 | If Only We Had Never Met
| 28 | No Portal?
| 29 | Shortass Mini Chapter
| 30 | The Chapter Where Amity Ruins The Moment
| 31 | I Wrote This While Listening to Home from Undertale on Loop

| 8 | Look at All The Silly Little Chapters with their Silly Little Titles

814 46 39
By asphyxii_

Words: 1375
Date published: 10.31.22

- not proof-read -

Potential TWs: attempted assault, violence

"The petrification ceremony was a mess, to say the least. Eda the Owl Lady, despite being a wild witch, had seemed to win the people over. For the peoples' favor, Emperor Belos released her.

"Before she was caged for the ceremony, there was a big battle with a higher-up in the coven named Lilith Clawthorne - Eda's sister and Eda herself. Apparently, Lilith almost pushed the human girl I had been hearing about to her death, but didn't succeed.

"Belos wanted Eda petrified for her crimes and he needed the human girl for his plans. He won't reveal why, but that's okay. Emperor Belos hasn't led us astray in centuries. I trust that man wholeheartedly.

"After the recent events, I fear the emperor may have lost a bit of loyalty. I hope not, though. He's worked so hard to keep everyone safe and happy.

"It's currently 3 in the morning. I can't sleep... I have my first REAL mission today! Though, I'm working more undercover... Golden Guard will be in his uniform, and I'll be posing as a regular crew member as we go on a bounty hunting trip to find... The Selkidamus!"

You pressed the button to end the recording and slid your scroll into your pocket. You eyed the clock. Hunter won't even be up for another 2 hours... you thought accompanied by a groan.

You grabbed your freshly bought sketchpad and a pencil and began drawing random things. You drew Golden Guard, and Emperor Belos, and Steve, and Max, and Golden Guard playing video games with you, and your family, and yourself as Golden Guard, and Hunter playing guitar and... there was a bit of a trend.

It had only been about 20 minutes when you heard the door of Hunter's room open and close. He's up already? You stood up to go greet him but thought better of it. That's when you got a text.

GOLDENGUARDOFFICIAL
3:23 AM

WhY aree your lightd on.???

Cuz i'm awake?

Why.?

Cuz I was excited for the mission... why are YOU awake?

Haave yoyu SEEN my eye bags.dear.?

Dear?

Shut uo

No

Yes.!!!

Make me

No.!

That's right, you fucking coward.

>=(

Awww <3<3<3 baby's first text face

Die.

Ok! I'll do that right now :D

Cab I come in.?

No i'm busy dying

Ok thankks.!

Hunter opened your door and let himself in. Figures. You eyed him up and down. He had on fuzzy Triforce pajama pants, an oversized tee shirt, and his mask. His hair was very disheveled as well. "That doesn't look like it meets the uniform requirements, Mister Golden Guard," you remarked.

He pulled his mask off revealing his unamused expression. You could tell that the dark circles under his eyes had gotten worse. His hair was a bit of a mess still, with extra strands falling in front of his eyes. You were met with a side profile as he spoke. "Yes, because walking less than 10 feet to your room is going to catch the attention of every coven member, thus getting me reported," he remarked sarcastically.

"You... have a point," you admitted reluctantly. There was a brief moment of silence.

"Do you wanna... watch something?" Hunter asked hopefully.

"Oh, sure. We've got time to kill. Come here." You propped your pillows up against the wall to make it more comfortable. He crawled onto the bed next to you, sitting awkwardly stiff. "You look uncomfortable," you remarked with amusement.

"I- well- I'm not."

"You can relax, y'know."

The boy relaxed so hard that he fell asleep. His head had fallen onto your chest, but it made it hard to breathe, so you tried to lightly lift him off, but he ended up falling onto your lap. You felt the heat rise to your face at the foreign feeling of affection. I'm so getting him back for this...

Once you had managed to calm down a bit and get used to the predicament, you switched from the show you were (not) watching to your camera and snapped a picture of you with Hunter's sleeping form. You hovered over the send button for a moment, opting to save it to your camera roll first.

Hunter's scroll buzzed from his pants pocket, but it didn't wake him. You tilted your head back to gaze at the ceiling as you sat there, unable to move. Your hand subconsciously made its way to his hair and you gently brushed through the strands with your fingers.

/// /// ///

"Remember, Y/N, if you get in trouble-" Hunter began.

"I'm powerful and can stand up for myself-"

"Come to me, as I'm the Golden Guard and you're a regular citizen," he finished. It made sense. You were undercover.

"Right, okay."

"I'm going on now, but you should wait in line like the rest of the people wanting to join the crew."

"Yes, sir," you said sarcastically. Hunter stiffened at the unusual amount of respect, not seeming to pick up on the sarcasm.

You waved him off and he turned and jogged onto the ship. You merged with the line of people waiting.

/// /// ///

"You think a young girl like yerself can handle our ship?" asked the captain, leaning forward.

"Yeah, I'd say I'm pretty sure," you stated casually, keeping his gaze and not leaning away.

"Mmm..." he hummed. "Welcome aboard."

/// /// ///

You swept while singing and dancing with the crew, occasionally spotting who you suspected might have been the rumored human. "What did you say your name was, Kid?" asked the captain.

"Y/N," you answered.

"You're alright..." he said with a grin. It seemed your hard work had won him over.

"Captain, we've run out of apple blood," a crew member cried in distraught.

"Y/N can grab us some!"

"I- where-" but they shoved you in another direction and were off. Ah, okay. Thanks for the tip.

You decided to start with the door that led to what you imagined was the captain's area, but you were sure he wouldn't mind. The door was already cracked anyway. You pushed your way into the dimly lit room, the door and floorboards creaking as you did so.

You cast a light spell, holding the orb up so you could see better as there was no lighting. You heard a voice from the shadows of the corner, causing you to jump. "Hey," the voice slurred.

"Hello?" you responded. "Who are you?"

"Oh, just a humble crew member... and you?"

"The same. Do you know where the apple blood is?"

"Pfft, no, I just came in here to avoid work... have a drink... take a nap..."

You heard the person get up and walk closer.

"Pretty sure you don't nap while standing," you remarked wittily, but your concern was growing. If he attacks, I cannot fight back unless I want to risk exposing myself as a spy...

"No... No nap now," he said, his words slurring together. This man was not sober. "You're here."

He appeared out of the shadows, but you could barely make out any features. With each step towards you he took, your body forced you to take a step back. You hated showing fear. Being afraid meant you were weaker than what you were afraid of. You didn't have to be afraid if you would win.

Normally, you would win, but you knew you couldn't fight back. You wanted to cry for help, but they were so loud that you doubted you'd ever be heard and you didn't want to risk making the man violent from anger.

You gasped as another step back landed you against the wall. He stared into your eyes with an animalistic gaze.

There was a slight creak of the door, causing both of you to jump and turn, but all you could see was a blur of light and dark grey.

"Did you see something?" he asked. One of the symptoms of drinking too much apple blood is hallucinations, you recalled.

"No," you responded firmly.

"You're lying," he growled.

"Apple blood intoxication can cause hallucinations and we are in open water. I bet it was the wind pushing the door, and if you saw something, a hallucination."

"Don't tell me what I did and didn't see!" he roared, gripping your shoulders and slamming your back against the wall. You winced slightly but tried your best to mask the pain. After all, showing signs of pain was another weakness.

"It's common knowledge, though," you couldn't resist saying. You didn't know why you blurted it out. It was a stupid idea considering your situation. Your eyes widened slightly as he pulled his fist back as if he was about to punch you, but before he could, the door slammed open, revealing a familiar masked figure and he did not seem happy.

----    ----    ----    ----

Happy Halloween =D

What are you guys doing today?? 

I'm going to a party and dressing up as a plague doctor for the 3rd year in a row [|B7

Change Log
11.2.2022: edited "RULERZREACHF4N" to "GOLDENGUARDOFFICIAL"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.2K 1.2K 27
(Completed) Gifted with abilities that fit no coven, and a butt-load of unluckiness, you are determined to be noticed by the emperor. You try everyth...
83.3K 1.4K 8
โžบ Hunter x [reader]เผ„๐ŸŒป เผ‰โ€งโ‚Šหšโœง my baby is so fine , my lover's so divine A mini hoard of fun and...
25.1K 455 28
Welcome to my Goldie x Fem!Reader One-shot book! This is my first time writing something like an "x Reader" so please bear with me. This is you and o...
77K 2.6K 30
trying to be a good kid hasn't worked out for you in the past or now. you manage to find even more trouble when you follow your kid sister through a...