RE: Summoned to the parallel...

De Lerpa2k2

Overworking, underpaid, and frustrated. That is the definition of a certain person named Jack Cooper, an aver... Mais

Character Sheet Vol 1 W.I.P
Chapter 0: A life cut short
Chapter 1: The TITANFALL PLAYER SYSTEM
Chapter 2: Where I am.
Chapter 3: Anomaly at the Mountain
Chapter 4: A bad premonition
Chapter 5: Numb
Chapter 6: A morning of different perspectives
Chapter 7: A metallic abomination's descent
Chapter 9: The way of the sword titan
Chapter 10: Status Update
Chapter 11: Reassurance
Chapter 12: Finally...Home
Chapter 13: Miruzo City...finally
Chapter 14: The maidens of the esteemed Quagmire Inn
Chapter 15: A pair of crimson redheads
Chapter 16: Adventurers' Guild registration
Chapter 17: One angry red head
Chapter 18: A very impossible feat
Chapter 19: The enslaved fairy
Chapter 20: The sweet release from her suffering and its adverse effect
Chapter 21: Cause of her suffering
Extra Chapter
Chapter 22: Despair and Hope
Chapter 23: A knight in shining armor?
Chapter 24: A fairy's friend
Chapter 25: The start of certain troubles
Extra Chapter : The fairy and the giant
Chapter 26: The prophecy...
Chapter 27: New stuffs, solo run
Chapter 28: My first solo dungeon dive
Chapter 29: Movements in the shadows
Chapter 30: Miasma Slime
Chapter 31: Man&Drones vs Slime
Chapter 32: Man&Titan vs 3 slimes
Chapter 33: The corrosive miasma slime's true form
Chapter 34: The winning move
Chapter 35: Boss's a pet
Chapter 36: Family
Chapter 37: Date?

Chapter 8: Giants Clash

868 29 3
De Lerpa2k2

Author's Note

It's still my Christmas break as of now hence I am able to write the story without any interruptions. Thank goodness.

As for the story, notice how fighting scenes are now quite frequent than the original fan fiction. I decided to have such a plot because who does not like character building as well as fight scenes along that? Also, this fight will be stretched to at least 3 chapters long more or less.

For academics, I am now heading to the 2nd semester of my 1st year in college so things after January may become harder. Our instructors basically told us the activities that are going to happen, and many of them involved writing.... which I am thankful for because I have the skill for it.

Other than that, I am thankful for everyone who has stuck in with the story and waited for my return. Thank you.

After all, I owe everyone's criticism and suggestions to my improving writing skills.

And to end the AN, Happy New Year everyone, and I wish you all to have a good one

-Author
================================================================================

What is more exciting when it comes to science fiction other than big robots fighting massive monsters?

[Gahoooonnnn!!!!!] (??) With only two heads remaining, it roared at us threatening to kill us.

But none of that mattered anymore.

[Hop in Pilot] (Ronin) Ahahahahhahahhaha!!!!

What the heck!!!???? It was just dangerous earlier, but now things seem exciting and calming at the same time!!! I don't know why, but I can feel it run through my veins...the feeling of a battle going down in history!

[Let me iiiiiin!] I hopped into the hand that was opened for me to get into, and Ronin put me in the pilot's cockpit.

Immediately I can feel some sort of strange feeling, the series of vibrations as well as the sound of hydraulics and the onboard computer makes my inner robot otaku jump for joy.

[Temporarily setting controls to AI mode. Calibration will now begin] (Ronin) Uhuh.

I can't control it directly for now, but it seems that Ronin already got some preset commands on what to do when facing such a bigger foe.

[Graaaaaarrr!!!] (??) Taking out the lead wall shotgun from the back, Ronin then blasted its face and spam-fired all the shells.

*Bang!..Bang!..Bang!...Bang!*

Since it was buckshot, multiple visible wounds can now be seen from its entire body however, it was regenerating. Fuck!

[Gathering information from the enemy] (Ronin)

{PILOT CALIBRATION: 30%}

Come on! Be quick!

[Guraaaaawwww!!] (??)

[Enemy is resistant to projectile attacks at 100 meters+ distance. Detecting concentrated heat signature from its mouth region] (Ronin)

[Ehhhh!!!!!???? Dodge that!!!!] It's doing a fire breath again?!

[Affirmative] (Ronin)

When the fire shot out from the mouth of the dragon, Ronin rolled to the floor and dodged it by a short margin. Dirt, rocks, and moss flew up in the air as we tumbled down acrobatically like some certain robots from a Michael bay movie.

The girls were far away, thank god. I thought they would get involved with the blast....phew.

{PILOT CALIBRATION: 100%. CALIBRATION COMPLETE}

[Yeesss!!!!!] The seal has been unlocked ahahahahahah!!!! Whoops, can't let my inner man-child go out at such an important moment!

{SWORD CORE NOW PERMANENTLY ONLINE}

{COMPLEX MOVEMENTS, COMPLEX SWORD STYLES, AND COMBINATION ATTACKS ARE NOW POSSIBLE}

[YEEEEEEEESSSSS!!!!] As Ronin stands upright after the roll, I then took the controls and...

[Setting controls to Pilot Mode] (Ronin) Took the bitch slapper from its attachment at the back.

Tempered black in color, has an extensive area, and a very long body. The sword was screaming to be used for a battle such as this, and boy I am granting its wish.

[[Graaaaa!!!!!!!!!!]]

Ayah?! It's now using both heads!? Why now!?

It seems it found itself facing an enemy that may kill it...is it afraid?

Jesus, please take the wheel!!!!

[Let's do this partner] 

[Affirmative] (Ronin)

As my mind starts to sync up with Ronin, my vision becomes hazy, but I held back the urge to vomit due to nausea that assaulted my head. 

[Are you okay pilot?] (Ronin)

[I am fine] After a solid 20 seconds of recovery, my vision came back.

[Warning. Incoming tail attack] (Ronin) Argh! 

*Baaam!*

That was a solid hit!!!! I am sorry!!!! I will not be a burden once again! 

Taking the controls back after I got disoriented due to the sudden tail smash by the hydra, Ronin then sprints across the lakeside in hopes of dodging its series of flying claw attacks as well as ground pounding with its huge reptilian scaly tail. 

*Karchak!*

The lead wall shotgun got reloaded and was then switched back to the broadsword before we rushed at the monster with great speed. The adrenaline rush in my veins somehow dampened my fears, my worries, and my... cowardly nature. 

[Oraaa!!!!!] Holding the sword with both robotic hands, Ronin made an overhead slash...

*Pang!*

Only for it to be parried by its tail!!

[The heck?!] That parry vibrated the entire frame of Ronin, causing my head to ache once again...urgh.

[Warning. Breath attack incoming] (Ronin) Ah damn it!

Not just fire breath, it was also preparing for some noxious breath. It is evident due to the greenish liquid seeping out from its 2nd head's mouth.

I looked as its chest started to expand in horror, the girls!!!! They're going to be caught in this!

With a press of a button, I immediately put Ronin into phasing and sprinted to the girls to the girls with its maximum speed.

[Gohaaaaaa!!!!!] (??)
[Kwaaaaaaa!!!!!] (??)

Fire and poison breath then came out from its mouths.

[Kya!!!] (????) Phew, it was almost over. The fire breath was stoppable, but the poison breath isn't. The surrounding plants that were spared from the fire breath immediately wilted at the brush of the poisonous corrosive gas it exhaled in great force. 

[Are you girls fine?] I asked them as I opened the cockpit door, the distance from us and the hydra is approximately 200 meters so this much is safe.

[Y-yes, but that attack just now...that hydra isn't an ordinary one] (Nene) She checked for any injuries that the others might have, and thankfully none among them got poisoned or scalded.

I distanced ourselves first in order to plan the attack well this time, phew, honestly if Ronin did not arrive early then all of us would have died from that thing.

[Hey partner, can an addition of 5 individuals be allowed inside the cockpit?]

[Calculating sizes, volume, height, and weight...it is possible, pilot] (Ronin) With the affirmation for that, I then controlled Ronin's hand to stick close near the ground wide open for them to step in.

[Come in, I cannot leave you guys out there knowing that big piece of shit is still alive and well]

[Okay!] (Tanya) Ronin proceeded to feed the cockpit with 5 people one-by-one and then closed it after Nene last entered it.

[Wow!] (Rikka)

?! Aren't these girls supposedly scared just earlier?! Just how good is their coping mechanism?!

[Just don't press any button okay!]

[O-okay!] (Ema)

[Got it] (Alurra)

[Okay! I will not let them do anything weird as the adult in this group!] (Nene)

[I will trust your word] I sighed heavily. It's terribly cramped here!!! Moving my arms aside, Tanya was hugging my neck, Rikka was at my right arm, Alurra was at the left, Ema was at my feet, and Nene was behind Tanya.

We were like canned sardines crammed inside a tin can, except that this Tin can I am speaking of is the pilot's cockpit.

[Alright give me the information you know about hydras, if you will, miss Nene]

[Okay! First is—] (Nene)
================================
Apparently, Nene is a graduate of the prestigious academy somehow in the capital of this kingdom. With the knowledge she has about monster ecology, it wouldn't have been difficult for her to be an adventurer, but she chooses to be a flower boutique owner. I wonder why, but I did not ask about that because it might be something like me prying over some "privy" stuff.

The first information about the hydra is that the three-headed variant is the one commonly found in the forest such as where we are now. The forest of death, the forest at the foot of Death Mountain to be exact.

Other than that its normal breath would be fire, but the one we encountered just now has three. Luckily Nene's only powerful spell managed to eliminate that head, by that I mean it breaths out fire, ice, and corrosive cloud breath. In short, it was a superior species.

We would've been more fucked up if not for her lightning spell, thank god.

The next info is its regenerative ability. It can regenerate itself when the damage done is physical-based, in short something like punches or sword cuts. On the other hand, it is weak against magical attacks.

Another info...

[Say what?]

[It can be killed with physical attacks if you can manage to behead its remaining head in one swift strike just like how it is said in the records before about the heroes and their—] (Nene) and their adventures.

The hydra in question which we have distanced away from observation was just rampaging and trying to burn and corrode the trees around.

This guy is definitely in need of some anger control therapy right now.

[Phew- Let's do this partner]

[Roger that, pilot] (Ronin)

[Woah!!! The thing spoke!] (Tanya) Well... Tanya my dear, this guy isn't a thing, or probably is still considered to be one?

Anyway enough of that.

Ronin held the broadsword in place as I accelerate towards the hydra in a fast space.

Like a magician casting a spell, Ronin charges the sword with its core and let out a massive discharge of electricity in a form of an arc.

*Bzzzzzzttttt!!!!*

[Gahooooooonnnn!!!!] (??) The hit connected as jolts of electricity run through across its body, paralyzing it in pain.

Immediately I put Ronin into a phase dash and evaded the possible area where its tail will go down at us.

*Splash!!!!!*

I was right to do so, the paralysis only lasted for 5 seconds at least and it immediately sent a counterattack after the effect wore off. This goddamn multiheaded lizard is smart, not gonna lie, but I have 7 heads working with me right now.

[Just punch it!] (Tanya)

[No! That is not right Tanya! Just let Jack decide!] (Rikka)

[You two are noisy!!!!!] It was a mess outside, and the same goes for inside the cockpit.

[Jack if you can chop the tail first, you can have an ease of mind knowing it won't hit us again] (Nene) Ugh. Nene's the only one I can rely on this time, but at least having multiple heads is better than just two.

[The hydra also might have learned about the attack earlier, so it might be warier] (Ema) Hearing them made me learn something. People within the fantasy world knew how to deal with their monsters...that is a fact I should engrave in my head.

Hearing their opinions, I then decided on the proper course of action that needs to be done. After all, there are 7 steps for proper decision-making:

1. Identify the problem

The problem is the hydra and its above-normal intelligence. It is a superior species, so it is already expected to have some sort of advantage in comparison to its "ordinary" origin.

2. Gather Information

Based on the outcome of the attempt to kill it earlier, I learned that it is smart, somehow agile, and resistant to physical attacks. Also, it has the ability to exhale a type of corrosive gas, flame, and ice. Nene managed to disable the 3rd head which was the one responsible for breathing out ice.

3. Right down the course of actions

This has become quite easy because I am already bombarded with multiple suggestions from the girls, and one of them is a graduate from an academy that also teaches monster ecology so we have some information advantage over the enemy. Next would be the attacks needed to disable the big guy: first is to cut the tail off, next is to find a way to chop the 2 remaining heads in a single swing....but how am I going to do that?

Currently, I am letting Ronin handle the dodging and set the controls to AI mode, and set its maximum distance between the enemy at 20 meters minimum. Hence, Ronin is running around the hydra while evading most of its attacks, and parrying if evading is impossible. 

4. Analyze and compare the courses of actions

Let us skip the 4th to 7th step since it's already noticeable which is the next.

To execute the plan successfully. I have already sought out a very simple solution...

Of sacrificing a plasma drone for this process.

[This is very wasteful] I sighed inwardly as I looked at the faces of the girls as they watched on the live screen with anticipation.

Haaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...if only I had thought of this earlier, it would have ended very quickly.

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

175K 6.8K 74
The demon - he only liked one thing shedding blood of people, enjoying to make them suffer. Enjoying to see them dead but until he meet this girl. So...
12M 575K 127
[COMPLETE] Some bonds can't be broken, even in death. -- He couldn't endure another heartbreak. "Accepting her would be a mistake," he said. "She's a...
2.8K 64 16
Tropes: Childhood friends to lovers, Soulmates, Twin Flames, she falls first but he falls harder (or is that the case . . .), you complete me, Tragi...
Glitch De Sharkiy

Ficção Científica

1K 36 29
It's a glitch. Not just in the game, but in the entire universe. It shouldn't be possible and yet it is. For Reilly, nothing is impossible anymore. N...