Call It Fate

By Lover_Me02

River king is a 20year old senior in college and is a single mom trying to balance school work and her little... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
Characters Aesthetics
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
18
19
20
21
22
23
25

17

2.8K 43 2
By Lover_Me02

Why's my phone ringing?

I reach over to my night stand to grab my phone that is obnoxiously blaring.

I answer it and put it to my ear trying not to wake Chase up.

"Hello?"

"Hey river it's remy." My sister that's getting married.

Why is she calling?

"Sorry to call so late but the flight was delayed so y'all don't have to be there until 6:30 your time." She said.

"Oh ok that'll work." I say.

"Alright I'll let you sleep a little longer I love good night have a safe flight."

"Love you to."

I put my phone in the night stand and roll over on my back I don't know if I'm going to be able to go back to sleep or not.

Just as I was about to close my eyes chase rolls over on top of me.

I CANT BREATHE!

"Chase what are you doing?"

"Honey shushhh." He said putting his finger up.

"Well I kinda can't breathe dude." I say poking his shoulder.

"Did you just call me dude?" He says lifting up his head.

"Yea I did."

"We'll I was going to get up but I guess not anymore." He says laying his head back down.

Memphis starts crying from his room.

"Haha now you have to get up duty calls." I say pushing him as best as I can.

"Tell Memphis I said he has bad timing." He said putting the blanket over his head.

I laugh walking out of the room.

I peek my head into Memphis's room seeing him setting up with one of his arms out of his sleeper.

I don't know how that happened.

"Hi baby what's wrong?" I question him.

I pick him up and walk over to the rocking chair in the corner of the room.

I lift my shirt up so he can latch on and he does pretty quickly.

"Are you ready to see all over your aunts and your grand parents and your two uncles? I ask him but he doesn't respond.

He's getting so big. He's looking more and more like me and I'm thankful for that.

After a little while he unlatches and I pull my shirt down.

I go to stand and put him in his crib but he starts crying.

"What's wrong?" I ask in a baby voice.

I try and put him down again but he won't go.

"You wanna sleep in mamas bed?"

He looks up at me and smiles or smirks I think.

I walk to my room seeing chase has took off the blanket and I'm met with his very very nice back.

I walk over to my side and lay down.

But Memphis has other plans he crawls out of my arms and over to chase.

He then lays his head on his back and closes his eyes.

He looks so cute.

I quietly grab my phone and take a picture.

I set it to my Lock Screen.

I need to call Everest and Jaxon.

I walk out onto my balcony and go through my contacts looking for jaxons name.

Once I find him I click the call button and hold it to my ear.

"Hello?"

"Hey Jaxon its river." I say looking at the time. It's 4:36am.

"Why are you calling so ea- Wait did we miss our flight!" He says frantically.

"No I was calling to tell you it's now at 6:30." I say laughing a bit.

"Oh ok ok good well do you know if chase is still going to pick me up because he won't answer his phone?" He asks me.

"Yea he well we're driving together so I'll tell him to pick you up." I answer him.

"Alright thanks is he there at your house?"

"Uhh yea."

"Ok well I still haven't packed yet so I gotta go I'll see you later."

"Alright bye." I say and hang up.

Now time to call Everest.

I click on her name it rings three times then she picks up.

"Yellow!"

"Wyatt why do you have Ev's phone?" He's with her?

"We'll because she has Minecraft and I don't so she said if I leave her alone then she would let me play so she did and I've been playing for the last three hours." He says proudly.

Ok then.

"We'll tell Ev that the flight is now at 6:30."

"Oh we already know your sister texted Lucy." He said.

Lucy?

Wait Everest's middle name is Lucille.

OMG they have nicknames for each other.

"Oh ok we'll I'll see you in a couple of hours."

"Alright tootles!"

He's kinda weird.

I don't know what to do now I'm not going to be able to go back to sleep.

Maybe I can shower.

————————————

So I showered and I just finished my last Dutch braid.

Walking in to my room I look to the alarm clock on the night and it reads 5:30am.

I should probably wake the boys up.

I walk over to the curtains and pulls them open.

I look back at them and they haven't moved an inch. Memphis has moved now all the way on top of chase sprawled out like a starfish.

I walk over to the fan and turn it off.

When the noise dies down the both start moving.

That worked.

"Why'd you turn it off?" Chase asked not lifting his head up.

"Because we have to leave in like five minutes." I say walking over to the laundry basket at the foot of my bed on the floor.

"Wait what?"

Memphis starts moving and lifts his head up he looks around and see me then starts crawling to me.

"Yea the flight got changed to 6:30 and it's now 5:37 so if we want to get there on time then we gotta go." I say.

I pick Memphis up and walk over to my side of the bed and grab a dipper that's in the bottom drawer off my night stand.

I change his diaper then put a new sleeper on him and put him on my hip.

Chase is now setting up watching me walk all over my room grabbing everything that we would need on the plane.

"Aren't you going to get ready?" I ask stoping at the foot of the bed looking at him.

"Yea." He says getting up and walking over to his backpack that I did not know was in here.

He grabs some grey sweat pants and a black hoodie.

Haha we're matching accept I have black sweatpants and a grey hoodie, even Memphis is matching he has grey frogs on his black sleeper.

Chase walks into he bathroom probably to change, use the bathroom and brush his teeth.

So while he's doing that I bring all our bags to the door so we can carry them down to the car.

I walk in to the kitchen and set at the counter.

Memphis starts pulling at my shirt so i unclip my bra strap and pull my shirt up.

He latch's right on eating like he's never been fed before.

Chase walks in not to long after.

"You ready?" He ask coming to stand beside me.

"Yep I say and unlatch Memphis he wasn't even eating he was just using me as a pacifier.

I clip my bra and stand up with a sleeping Memphis in my arms and look up at chase.

He smiles down at me a tired smile and grabs my hand and walks to the door.

"Alright so I can gra-" I start to say but get rudely interrupted.

"No you aren't carrying any bags you just look pretty and hold Memphis." He says putting the dipper bag over shoulders and grabbing the duffel bag and my two suitcases.

We walk out of the house he waits while I lock the door and we head down to the lobby.

—————————

"Just put it in there and hurry up!" Chase tells Jaxon.

He's being slow.

"Well sorry grumpy pants." He says closing the trunk and getting in to the back seat.

"Finally." Chase mutters under his breath.

"I heard that." Jaxon says

"I dont care." Someone's not a morning person.

—————————

We're finally on the plane it took so long.

Wyatt tried to bring a three pound bottle of orange juice on the plane but couldn't.

When the guys told him he couldn't he started to argue then the security guy poured the orange juice in the trash bin.

But after that everything went smoothly.

Memphis is setting asleep on chases lap and Jaxon is setting next to me with his head on my shoulder also asleep.

We only have about an hour left or so of the flight.

I can't wait to see my family it fells like I haven't seen them in so long.

Well I mean I havent.

I just hope I don't run into one particular person.

__________________________________

Heyyy guys I know it's been a little bit sense I last updated but I didn't want to put something out here I didn't like and also school is kicking my butt.

Im homeschooled btw it may seem fun but I hate it really.

Thanks for all the support it really means a lot❤️

Anyways hope y'all liked this chapter.

Xoxo, Abby

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

530K 11.5K 45
PUBLISHED - Link in bio 💕 The summer after her sophomore year in college, Mia takes time to heal after a failed relationship. In an attempt to move...
400K 14.3K 28
21 year old River Jacobs has hit a dead end. She dropped out of college and heads back to her hometown. A town she swore she'd never return. Colton...
12.7K 463 16
"You're wearing my jersey," he says with the biggest grin imaginable. "Yeah, I am so don't go out there and embarrass us, Mr. Scott," I say, trying n...
1.7M 36.6K 60
The Falling Effect: When you do something that causes something else to happen (i.e. you fall down, you scrape your knee. Or you have sex, you get pr...