Don't Be A Fool

By Kdogg6417

Alice Branagh is the twin sister of Robin Branagh. One night they get new neighbors, the twins sneak up the c... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31

Chapter 20

232 7 0
By Kdogg6417

Alice and Vlad never discussed their kiss during the driving lesson; haven't gotten alone time to do so; even with the walkie-talkies. Alice was now on the phone with Maxine, their movie plans were getting canceled due to Maxine having food poisoning. Chloe was in the kitchen reading a psychology book. 

"Feel better," Alice wished. "We'll reschedule for a different day and perhaps a different movie if we see something different we want to see." She then hung up the phone as Dad stormed up the stairs. "What's up with him?"

"Sat on a skull that Robin left on the couch," Paul answered. 

"That and Robin's latest school report," Ian began. "This is going to be awesome!" Ian and Paul high-five as the doorbell went off.

"Alice!" Mum called from upstairs. "Can you get that?" Alice went and opened the door as Dad started to yell at Robin; she saw Vlad.

"Not a good time?" Vlad asked as he glanced up the stairs.

"Robin sure is in for it," Chloe said as she went upstairs with Ian and Paul.

"Oh poo," Vlad groaned; Alice looked back as more yelling continued.

"Hey, how about we go to the movies?" Alice suggested as she looked back at Vlad. "I could really...be out of the house."

"And I out of mine," Vlad agreed, Alice grabbed some money and left a note before heading out with Vlad. During the walk, there was an awkward silence. They sat together awkwardly waiting for the movie to start. "Alice...about that kiss." 

Alice looked at him. "Practice."

"Practice?" Vlad asked in confusion. "To kiss someone else?"

"We have a marriage deal,  practice when kissing you," Alice answered. 

"Right," Vlad nodded his head. "Practice."

"We do have kid names picked out," Alice reminded him. "Looking at abandoned cottages...just thought to add something new."

Vlad looked at her. "Good idea...we should practice that a bit more." Both of them turned away blushing; they looked back at each other and started to laugh.

"Have you told Robin?" Alice asked.

"No," Vlad quickly answered. "Kissing my best friend's twin sister is going to get me staked." Alice laughed more. "Due to your question, I'm guessing you haven't told Robin either."

"Oh no," Alice denied. "Robin will lock me in a tower for the rest of my life." This time Vlad laughed more. Alice and Vlad went to the photo booth, thought to get use out of it before Vlad no longer had a reflection.

***
A new day came, Alice was sitting at the table drinking coffee as Dad read the paper. 

"Robin!" Mum called.

"Have you seen this?" Dad asked. 

"Robin!" Mum called as she walked passed the table. 

"Local farmers lock up their livestock due to spate of unexplained animal bitings?" Dad read with a question.

"Someone's been biting animals?" Robin asked as he grabbed the paper. 

"Of course, they haven't" Mum denied as she prepared a sandwich. "It's made up, silly."

"Probably some fox lurking around," Alice proposed. "Or one of Paul and Ian's friends playing a cruel joke."

"Boys and their antics," Dad shook his head. "They never learn." Dad got to his feet; looked at Robin. "You really don't think there's some nutter going around nibbling sheep, do you?" The two made goat sounds as Alice and Robin left for school. Vlad was in a horrible mood.

"I mean, biting a human I can understand," Robin said as he ate his sandwich. "A poor innocent animal is, what's up with you?"

"Mom and Dad are having a baby," Vlad gloomed.

"A baby?" Alice lit up. "Oh, congratulations!"

"It's nothing to be happy about," Vlad shot down. 

"Magda?" Robin asked. "That's great news, isn't it?"

"What bringing another vampire into the world?" Vlad asked. "Another merciless blood-sucking monster."

"Or he could be a bit of a boring one, like you," Robin suggested.

"Thanks," Vlad huffed. "I knew you'd cheer me up." They then went into the school. Flyers went around the school of Ingrid being terminally sick; when in reality she just wanted presents.

****

After school, Alice was doing homework at the table as Robin told Mum and Dad about Magda being back and her pregnancy.

"Well, we'll just have to go over," Dad said. "And congratulate themselves."

"I should still have some new mother books," Mum smiled. "I've been saving them." 

Alice and Robin glanced at each other.

"Paul," Alice said.

"Ian," Robin said.

******

Dad, Mum, Robin, and Alice went up to the castle; Renfield let them in. 

"Hello," Dad greeted. 

"Hello, and congratulations," Mum greeted. "Robin told us your news."

"Hi, Magda," Dad and Robin greeted. 

"I've brought you some books on breastfeeding and baby's first year," Mum informed. "Shall we have a read?" Mum started to walk over. "Come Alice." On the couch sat Mum, Alice, Robin, and Magda. About a half hour later, Alice went upstairs with Robin to find Vlad in his room.

"Vlad?" Robin greeted as he opened the door, Alice immediately noticed the coffin. 

"Oh, so you've finally stopped drooling over my mum, have you?" Vlad asked. 

"I needed a breath from the baby talk," Alice informed as she sat next to Vlad. "It can be overwhelming." Vlad looked at Robin.

"Oh no, I'll be going back down in a minute," Robin answered, Vlad looked away in annoyance; Robin walked in. "That is unless you wanted to talk."

"Is it about the baby?" Alice asked.

"I just don't know what everyone's so excited about," Vlad admitted. 

"Look, I was jealous when Chloe was born, but it's just---" Robin began as he sat down.

"I'm not jealous," Vlad corrected. "I'm just worried about my dad."

"What?" Robin asked as Alice laid back. "Your dad, the evil bloodsucker?"

"Sucker, definitely when it comes to my mom," Vlad gloomed even more. 

They looked up at the sound of footsteps, Count was at the door.

"Ah, Vlad, my boy," Count greeted. "I just want to apologize for snapping. It was rude, unthinking, and completely selfish, and, uh--" He began to press down on the floorboard. "I say, what a lovely room for a nursery. You won't mind moving out, will you?"

"Uh, yes," Vlad answered.

"Tough necks," Count grunted. "It's decided."

Renfield came in with baby items. "Master." He threw them on the floor. 

"Splendid," Count said. "My son and heir will want for nothing."

"Really?" Vlad asked in hope. "Can I have a PlayStation?"

"No, not you," Count quickly denied. "The baby."

"But I'm your son and heir, right?" Vlad asked in a panic. 

"Ah, but you never chose to be," Count pointed out. "Well, now you won't have to."

"What?" Vlad demanded.

"I'm not such a bad father after all, am I?" Count asked. A piercing scream came from downstairs. Moments later, curtains were drawn up for privacy; Alice and Mom were helping Magda through the birth. There was a ton of screaming. 

"Get out!" Magda hissed at Count, he quickly fled the drawn-up room. Renfield entered moments later with huge pliers.

"Renfield?" Alice asked. "Leave."

Mum took the pliers from Renfield; put them on his head forcing him out. Alice and Magda both looked at each other "Out! And fetch me clean towels and hot water!" Mum came back into the tent. With a stroke of lighting, a baby boy came out crying, the Count dashed into the tent. After wrapping the baby in cloth, he was handed to the Count, he and Magda left the tent followed by Alice and Mum. 

"Ladies and gentlemen, may I present my new son and heir, Vladimir," the Count presented. 

Vlad got to his feet. "Vladimir?" He walked forward; Alice took his spot. "But that's my name."

"Oh curses," Count breathed. "What was the other name?"

"Barry," Magda answered.

"Barry," Count repeated.

Vlad laughed. "What? You're gonna call him Barry?"

"No, that would be stupid," Count denied. "We'll call you, Barry."

The Branaghs made their way home. 

"Alice, I hope you learned something very important today," Mum hoped.

"Birth?" Alice asked in uneasement.

"And aspects around it," Mum answered. "Breastfeeding, first year, what you need if can't make it to the hospital. The trouble of picking names."

"Mum, I'm only 13," Alice pointed out.

"But you are my daughter," Mum answered. "I need to prepare you, the same your father has been preparing Robin." They looked back at them, Dad looked a bit thrown off as Robin looked at Dad.

"Oh, d-d-d-definitely," Dad stuttered. 

****

Next day came around; Vlad had worn his vampire clothes to school. 

"Ingrid In Need charity gala tonight!" Paul shouted as he held up a flyer. 

"Hey, our first sponsored fancy dress," Ian acknowledged Vlad. Everyone got quiet and looked at Vlad.

"Why are you dressed like that here?" Alice asked in a whisper. 

"Vlad, this is not a good look," Robin added. "Even I don't come to school dressed like that anymore."

"You're not the next Count Dracula," Vlad added.

"Neither are you," Robin reminded him.

"Cheers, Robin," Vlad groaned. 

"Vlad," Alice began as he began to walk down the hallway angrily; slamming lockers. "Is a baby really making you this upset?"

"With the baby taking everything from me, you count our marriage deal off," Vlad said. 

"What?" Alice demanded as she grabbed his wrist. Vlad slammed the last locker, into Jonathan. 

"OW!" Jonathan screamed as some blood flew out. 

"Oh, I'm sorry!" Vlad panicked as he reached for his handkerchief. 

"IT'S YOU!" Jonathan groaned. 

"It was an accident," Vlad said as he went to wipe the blood. "I'm really sorry."

Van Helsing pulled his son away. "Get back, fiend! You'll never suck the blood of a slayer!" Alice grabbed her handkerchief and then handed it to Jonathan.

"I wasn't sucking on anything," Vlad informed. "I'm sorry."

"You will be," Van Helsing confirmed. "I was about to declare a ceasefire, but now I know that my boy will never be safe until all vampire life has been scourged from this earth."

"Thanks, Alice," Jonathan as he stuffed the handkerchief into her pocket. "But I don't want help from you...no matter how beautiful you are."

*****

Alice went to the castle with Robin, and Vlad after school to find Zoltan rocking and singing to the baby. 

"Ah, Master Barry," Zoltan greeted as Alice put down her bookbag. 

"Oh, great," Vlad groaned. "Now even Zoltan's on his side."

"I mean, Master Vlad," Zoltan corrected as Robin and Alice went to go look at the baby. "How was your first day as a vampire?"

"Don't ask," Vlad huffed, rolling his eyes. 

Suddenly, Count and Magda appeared on either side of Vlad, searching through him.

"I can smell it," Magda stated. "It's in here somewhere. I've got it." She picked up the handkerchief smelling. "Ah, slayer's blood."

"Ah, my favorite," Count gushed. The two ripped the cloth apart and tried to squeeze some blood into their mouths.

"Oh, Bon Bons, I'm drying up here!" Magda cried as she went over to Alice. "There must be some blood somewhere." She held out her hand; Alice handed Magda her handkerchief. 

"Magda, I promise you there's not a clot in the castle," Count said. 

"Master, here's the blood you asked for," Renfield as he walked over in a dress. Count and Magda ran over to it.

"Fangs off!" Count demanded. "This is for tonight when I formally anoint Vlad as my heir to the throne."

"Really?" Vlad asked.  His parents looked at him. "Oh, you mean the other Vlad."

"The ceremony will begin at 8:00 sharp," Count announced. "I suggest we all go and put out best capes on."

"Oh, brilliant!" Robin cheered as he ran out of the castle. Renfield, Magda, and Count all began to leave the room.

"Alice, hold the baby for a bit," Magda ordered. Alice did as she was told picking up the baby. She then went and sat on the couch, Vlad sat next to her, as Zoltan rolled over. They all looked down at the baby. 

"That's it," Vlad huffed as he leaned over to get closer to the baby. "So you're gonna steal everything from me. My name, my friends, my title." He took a stuffed monkey's head from Alice's hands. The baby's fist grabbed onto Alice's finger, and she smiled. "Well, for your information, I'm Vladimir Dracula, and I don't give up without a fight." The baby then burped. "Ugh, dog breath."

"Sorry," Zoltan apologized. 

"Not you, the baby," Vlad stated. 

"Do vampires yip?" Alice asked as the sound was coming from the baby. 

"I knew it," Vlad smiled. Alice and Vlad then looked at each other. "What is it?"

"About what you said at school, earlier," Alice answered.

"I'm not breaking our pinky promise, our marriage deal is still on," Vlad answered. 

*****

Everyone was now gathered around the ceremony; Alice didn't have a cape, but she did make sure to dress nice. They looked over as Vlad and Count started to argue.

"Mom, admit!" Vlad demanded.

"If you've quite finished ruining the evening," Count said, he walked over to the baby.

"Awww, are you not invited, Barry?" Ingrid asked. Vlad made a face, then went to go sulk by the window. 

"And so, by the powers of chaos and evil, ready with party poppers. everyone," the Count instructed. "I, Count Dracula of Transylvania, hereby name and anoint my successor, Vladimir Slobadan Napoleon Dracula."

"Dad, I'm sorry," Vlad apologized as he opened the window; letting the moonlight in. 

"Oh, nice lighting," Count complimented. "Thank you, Barry."

"Vladimir, close that, now!" Magda hissed. 

"The moonlight is lovely," Count noted; he looked at the baby. "Oh, look! You can see his little nose!" The baby then shifted into a small black dog. Renfield released a party popper. Count growled at Magda. "You scheming, manipulative, unfaithful--"

"But Bon Bons," Magda began.

"Don't Bon Bons me, now go out!" Count ordered. "And take your hairy werewolf spawn with you!"

"But what do I do with a baby?" Magda asked as she was handed her son. She began to walk away. "Patrick and I are far too busy." She handed the baby to Vlad, he started to whine. She looked back at the door. "So long, darlings." 

"Mom?" Vlad asked. Magda then took off. Count angrily snapped his fingers, and the door slammed shut. 

"Give me the hound, Vlad," Count demanded as he slowly walked up to him. 

"Dad, you can't bite him.," Vlad said as he backed up. "You called me Vlad." Alice got behind Vlad. "Take him." He handed the baby to her, then stood in front of them protectively, not taking his eyes off the Count.

"You do want to be heir to the throne, don't you, Vladdie?" Count asked.

"Not if that means killing my own brother, no," Vlad denied. 

"Uh, I wouldn't have a problem with that," Ingrid confessed.

"I might have been a bit jealous, but he's just a baby," Vlad explained. Robin got behind Vlad. "Puppy." 

"GIVE ME THAT DOG!" Count demanded, flapping his cape; baring his fangs. 

"NO!" Vlad cried as he held out his hand; fire shot out. "You see? I can do the fire thing?"

Renfield appeared by Count. "Oh, they, uh grow up so quickly, don't they?"

"Give it up!" Count demanded, pointing at them.

"Run!" Robin shouted, Robin, Alice, and Vlad all quickly started to run away from the Count. 

"Here," Vlad instructed, they hid behind a piece of the floor; Alice looked down to see that the baby was all right. They watched as the Count appeared on the wall in the distance, scaling across it. 

" I will sniff you and that mongrel out," the Count informed. 

Renfield ran in front of them. "This way, Master!" They both disappeared from sight; the four hiding revealed themselves. 

"That's it," Vlad said, he looked at Robin and Alice. "Get him out of here."

"What?" Robin asked. "You are not coming with us? Your dad will kill us."

"Not if he's chasing after me, he won't," Vlad explained as he put his hands all over the dog, then onto his clothes. "Just get the baby out of here, and keep him safe."He kissed Alice on the cheek before taking off, Robin, Alice, and the baby went down a different way. 

***

Robin and Alice got to the front doors.

"VLADIMIR!" Count roared making the castle shake.

"Quickly, Alice," Robin instructed as he opened the door.

"Hi, Robin, and Alice," Ingrid greeted walking up to them. They both jumped a little. "Oh, is that for me?"

"No," Robin answered as Ingrid took the puppy. 

"Thank you," Ingrid smiled. 

"Sorry, sis," Vlad apologized as he took the baby.

"DAD!" Ingrid screamed. They got outside, Count jumped into view, and Ingrid was behind them.

"Going somewhere?" Count asked as he showed his fangs. 

"Sorry, bro," Ingrid said as they faced her. They turned to see Magda getting ready to feast on Eric and Jonathan Van Helsing; they were dressed as sheep. 

"Mom?" Vlad asked; the Count was surprised to see her.

"Got any mint sauce?" Magda asked. Vlad handed the baby to Alice again; then ran over, picking up a garlic juice gun. 

"One bite and you're dust," Vlad warned as he pointed the weapon at his mother. 

"Oh, Vladdie," Magda breathed. 

"Right, then," Count clapped. "Walkies." Robin got in front of his sister, as Count started to walk toward them.

"Freeze," Vlad ordered as he pointed the weapon at his dad. 

"He hasn't got the guts," Ingrid scoffed. She let out a yelp as Vlad squirted her with the garlic juice. "YOU!"

"I said freeze!" Vlad ordered Magda. Count scooted closer to the puppy. "And you!" he then kept pointing between both parents. "Oh, stop it! OR I'll garlic the pair of you. Honestly, you are like a couple of kids. Mom, go on. Go back to Patrick. And this time, don't forget your baby." Robin took the puppy, then handed then went to go give him to Magda. "Bye, Mom."

"Bye, darling," Magda gloomed before taking off with the baby. 

"Wow," Robin breathed. "That was awesome. I mean, you totally rocked it, Vlad."

"Yeah," Vlad smiled a little. "I was quite cool, wasn't I?"

"He has got to be in trouble now," Ingrid hoped. 

"Ah, impressive, Vladimir, standing up to your mother," Count complimented. "There's hope for you yet." He took off, everyone went back inside. Vlad put the weapon down and snapped his fingers releasing the Van Helsing of hypnosis. 

***

Vlad was getting his suit fixed by his dad.

"Vladimir," Count began. "I saw something in your room."

"The head of Mr. Snuggles?" Vlad asked as he rolled his eyes. Count revealed a photobooth picture; in the last picture, Vlad and Alice were kissing. "It's not what it looks like! We're just practicing for the possibility of our marriage!"

"Vladimir, it's obvious you like this girl," Count said; Vlad opened his mouth. "But as you know breathers and vampires can't date."

"We are not dating," Vlad corrected.

"You teenagers," Count rolled his eyes. "Back to what I was saying. I've instructed for her to be your first bite for a reason, so you can date her; not just to be your servant.

"You are caring about my feelings?" Vlad asked in confusion.

"Love can be one of the evilest forms in the world, I know from your mother" Count answered. "I hate to admit...but I myself have grown to like this breather."

"I never mentioned anything about love," Vlad spoke up.

"You can't hypnotize her, Vladdie," Count brought up; Vlad looked at Alice; Ingrid was putting an old cape over her shoulders. "You can both can call this practice for marriage how much you want, but the heart eventually will reveal itself."

****

Vlad was now officially getting anointed, he was on his knees Count was giving the speech.

"And thus I declare this noble young vampire to be my rightful successor to the family throne," Count declared. He put blood on his finger, then wiped it on Vlad's forehead. They all released their party poppers, making the Count jump. "Arise, my son, and heir, Barry Dracula."

Vlad got to his feet, Count started to smile. "Oh, very funny." The count started laughing. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

509K 8.1K 45
Amelia Gilbert is the older sister of Elena and Jeremy Gilbert. Her father, Grayson Gilbert, had her due to one drunken night. Amelia had a son at 15...
766 33 27
✨Complete✨ Alison gilbert was a normal girl who was related to merlin but on her 11th birthday her and her twin brother Jeremy received a letter but...
5.6K 155 16
Basically it's Young Dracula with the addition of my character, Maize. Also, just warning you now, I will be skipping over a few episodes. Sorry if I...
91.2K 3.1K 26
Adam Gilbert, twin brother of Elena Gilbert, knew from a pretty young age that there is more to this world then just plain humans. Later in his life...