Love Is Overrated

By Zangata101

Reign Miller doesn't believe in love, she thinks all romcoms are cringe and so are high school relationships... More

Chapter 1: Volcano marshmallow fluff shake.
Chapter 2: Something About The Rain.
Chapter 3: No such thing as different.
Chapter 4: Hate is a pretty strong word.
Chapter 5: The pool house.
Chapter 6: Friendships can be complicated.
Chapter 7: Vanilla special.
Chapter 8: What's wrong with romance movies?
Chapter 9: Do I look like a side chick?
Chapter 10: You look like sex.
Chapter 11: I didn't do that, the alcohol did.
Chapter 12: Deal.
Chapter 13: Stuck in your own life.
Chapter 14: Why are girls so into assholes?
Chapter 15: When did Luke Richardson become a man?
Chapter 16: Let's play a game.
Chapter 18: Promise.
Chapter 19: Sugary Sweet.
Chapter 20: Dirty Mouth.
Chapter 21: Asshole Actions.
Chapter 22: Again?
Chapter 23: Naked Shy.
Chapter 24: Forced Vacation.
Chapter 25: Teenage Hormones.
Chapter 26: West mighty Lake.
Chapter 27: Awkward And Silent.
Chapter 28: Serious Rich People Shit.
Chapter 29: So Fucked.
Chapter 30: Nothing Good Comes Easy.
Chapter 31: Pretty Little Stalkers.
Chapter 32: Boobs and Smooches.
Chapter 33: Sex Over Love.
Chapter 34: I Need New Friends.
Chapter 35: Sorry Ass Crush.
Chapter 36: Full Bonkers.
Chapter 37: Not Even As A Joke?
Chapter 38: Soft And Tender.
Chapter 39: Dreams Can Be Deceiving.
Chapter 40: What The Fuck Moment.
Chapter 41: Anger And Hunger.
Chapter 42: The Date.
Chapter 43: Jealous.
Chapter 44: Reality Sucks.
Chapter 45: Right In The Chest.
Chapter 46: Hurts, Doesn't It?
Chapter 47: Den Of Sharks.
Chapter 48: Possessive Much?
Chapter 49: Boyfriend.
Chapter 50: Girlfriend.
Epilogue.

Chapter 17: Another episode of cheaters.

24.5K 760 169
By Zangata101

Reign's POV.

Ariana thinks Garrett has a mistress, yes, I said mistress, not side chick but mistress.

It's fucking ridiculous and it made me roll my eyes so hard my eyeballs hurt.

But she asked me for a simple favor, a very dumb favor that will most likely get me a one week suspension if I get caught.

But here's the thing, I never liked Garrett, he always came off as one of those guys who are too good to be true so if I get caught sneaking into the boy's locker room to steal his phone in order for Ari to prove that he has a mistress then so be it.

The football team and the cheer squad are out doing practice and I actually waited for everyone to exit the school.

Now the hallways are empty and so is the locker room but I have to be quick because getting caught by someone would suck.

I casually stand by the locker room door, looking left and right in the empty hallway, I lean my back against the door, grasping the door handle from behind me and turning it, the door opens and I quickly let myself in, closing the door behind me and walking further into the room.

Locker rooms smell so bad.

Something makes me halt.

"Oh my God yes!" That's a moan. A sex moan.

Fuck no.

I turn around, ready to leave but I don't take a step forward.

No, I can't leave without the damn phone.

I twist my head to look in the direction where the noises are coming from.

Showers.

I get the fact that teenagers don't exactly have places to have sex but locker room showers? Seriously?

I wonder who it is.

I take slow steps towards the bench where all the duffle bags are dumped. I sigh, fumbling through the bags in search for Garrett's.

After finding it and literally stealing Garrett's phone from the side pocket, I quickly turn to run out of the place but I freeze when my eyes land on the two of them.

They're also frozen at the sight of me.

Cara, also known as Cara Delevingne because well she looks like Cara Delevingne, she looks down in shame or maybe she doesn't want me to recognize her.

"What the fuck, Rei?" Asks Kyle, he's wearing nothing but gym shorts while Cara is in her cheer uniform.

"I could ask you the same question Kyle but unfortunately, I don't give a shit about who you're screwing on the side." I look at Cara, she's still facing down.

"Please don't tell jasmine." She peeks up at me nervously, I roll my eyes.

"Jasmine is like the hottest girl at this school, why would anyone want to fuck someone else?" I ask him.

"Pussy is pussy." He shrugs and I swear to God I almost punch him in the face.

I hear the locker room door open and male voices and laughter stride in.

Shit.

I quickly shove Garrett's phone in my back pocket, pulling my huge t-shirt to cover my ass.

Cara Delevingne starts crying and freaking out.

"We're so fucked," She sobs, I snort a laugh cause me and my dirty mind.

Fucked indeed.

"Really? You didn't think about getting caught when you kissed me?" He smirks.

Yeah, he just smirked.

Everyone walks in, some glance at us but mind their own business while some look at us like we just got caught in some kind of a criminal act.

I spot Garrett and guilt engulfs me.

Damnit.

I look down at the floor, letting my hair hide my face but here's a fun fact.. amongst all the students at this school, I'm one of those few students who have pink hair.

"Whoa, were you guys having a threesome?" One of them asks with a chuckle.

Of course he'd think that cause clearly, I look like someone who just had a threesome.

"I feel like jasmine should be here to see this." Kevin runs out of the room.

"No, don't!" Cara protests and tries to run after Kevin but one of the boys grabs her arm captive.

I make eye contact with Mason.

"What the fuck?" He mouths, I shake my head, silently telling him that it's not what it looks like. I shift my gaze to Luke who's leaning his shoulder against the locker wall next to Mason and staring at me with a distant look on his face.

I don't care.

You don't care.

We don't care.

Especially after Friday night.

Jasmine barges in, still in her cheer uniform.

She glares at her best friend, curling her hands into fists and without wasting any time, she goes for Cara Delevingne's hair.

Oh shit.

Boys being boys. They cheer.

Rule number two: if you ever catch your partner cheating, don't attack the person they cheat on you with, attack your partner.

Jasmine pins Cara to the floor, flying slaps at her, pulling her hair, punching her.

Jesus Christ, I feel like I'm on another episode of cheaters.

Luke steps in, wrapping his arm around Jasmine's waist and pulling her away. Jasmine kicks and punches air, screaming at Luke to let her go.

He whispers something in her ear, she holds on to his arm around her and she starts crying.

I roll my eyes at her.

I'm pretty sure Kyle isn't that good of a boyfriend.

I look at Kyle and there's no hint of regret on his face, to him, it was just pussy.

"We're done!" She says to both of them, Luke releases her and she trudges out of the locker room.

This is one of the reasons why I've never had a best friend or a boyfriend.

"Jasmine!" Cara runs after her. Kyle walks to what I'm guessing Is his locker And then everyone's eyes land on me.

I'm guessing they're curious to know how I fit into all this.

I don't have to explain shit to them.

"Oh, you're staring because I look good today? Stop it," I wave a dismissive hand at them.

Mason lets out a small laugh while the rest of them look confused.

I grip my backpack straps and I begin my journey to the door, their eyes follow but I vow not to look back.

I successfully make it out of the locker room and I release a breath, my knees become weak at the idea of almost getting caught.

I turn on my heel, heading to the exit.

"Reign." He calls behind me.

I sigh, lazily turning around.

His hair is damp with sweat, curly locks flopping on his forehead, his gray eyes look tired yet appealing as they bore into mine, his pink lips-

No, let's not go there actually.

"Did you-"

"No, gross." I cut him off, scowling my face, "I heard them and I walked in to check and then you guys came in." I say, lying.

He nods in understanding.

I wait for him to say something else but he doesn't, neither does he walk away.

It's getting awkward, I should say something.

"So if love exists then why do men always tend to cheat? Isn't love supposed to be a beautiful thing that happens between two people?" I question.

He stares at me without giving me a response, his lips break into a smile and he runs a hand along his jaw.

I feel a weird tingling sensation in my stomach, it knots and squeezes in the most satisfying way.

That's a strange way to react to that.

I swallow, tightening my grip around the straps.

"It's not always love," He smiles at me, my eyes involuntarily drop to his lips before drifting down to my shoes then back up to his face.

"What is it then?" I avoid eye contact, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Infatuation, desire, and sometimes it's lust," His eyes drift down to my arms crossed over my chest, I drop them to my sides and he smirks, looking to his side.

"I'll be sure to.. look up the.. difference." I stutter?

I'm stuttering?

The fuck?

"Okay bye." I spin around, the floor squeaking underneath my sneakers.

"Hey." he grabs my wrist again, coming to stand in front of me.

"Hi." I don't know why I just said that but he grins because of it, his little cute dimple making an appearance.

"So, I'm throwing a pool party at the vacation house this weekend, you down?" He asks, gazing.

"No." I shake my head.

"I promise I won't try so hard to kiss you this time, I'm done thinking about how those lips taste like," he says this while staring at my mouth.

I can't help but smile at his cliche words.

"Stop smiling or I swear to God.." he jokes, I laugh and then wipe my smile.

"I don't do pool parties or parties in particular," I shrug dismissively.

"You were at Shane's party." He points out, narrowing his eyes at me.

"He invited me." I scratch the back of my neck.

"So am I?"

"Well, to be honest, I only went to Shane's party so I could hook up with him... what's your party offering?" I tilt my head to the side, eyeing him.

"Anything you want," he looks at me through hooded gray eyes.

I know he doesn't intend to look hot but my God.

"Anything?" I raise my eyebrows.

"Especially the hooking up part," he bites his lower lip, hooking his index finger through my necklace.

I take a step closer, my front brushing his, then I look into his eyes.

"Luke," I run my hand on the side of his face, he raises his brows at me, slightly amused. "I could never.." I trail his jawline with my forefinger, "And I mean ever hook up with you," I drop my hand.

He stares at me.

I stare back, waiting for his next move or words.

He grabs my jaw and tries to kiss me, I jerk my head out of his grip.

He pulls away, backing up. He looks away from me and chuckles.

His tongue darts out to lick his lower lip before biting it.

Okay but why was that so hot for no reason?

"Fine, Reign, don't come," he shrugs, giving me one last glance.

He walks back to the locker room, my eyes escort him.

Now that he told me not to go, I actually wanna go.

Wait, did he just use reverse psychology on me?

"Bastard."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

91.5K 4.6K 57
Have you ever wondered what more you could be missing when you have everything? Well, Michelle Reynold who is 17, a senior, blond and beautiful, have...
1.2K 48 13
Harper Jones: A normal girl who just wants a normal high school life to the point that she moves from Georgia to Virginia to get that experience. Unf...
2.2M 52.7K 39
[COMPLETE!] "My best friend's brother grew up. Hot." Alexis is months from finishing college and starting a fashion label in New York. Years of plann...
2.4M 74K 40
Best Ranking: #5 in Teen Fiction - Preview- "Do you actually care?" he questioned, raising an eyebrow tauntingly. I grinned, trying to emulate his e...