The Prodigy and the Band Girl...

By IWAEHypeMan

Nagae Riku, heir apparent to the prestigious Nagae Family, what people don't know, he is one of the greatest... More

Bio(Update v2)
Gensokyo Girls Info Pt. 1
I - Return.......with the Boys and Promise
Gensokyo Girls Info Pt. 2
III - Start of School and Reunion
IV - Confirmation and Proposal
V - Gathering and Reveal
VI - CiRCLE and Answers
VII - Truth and Agreement
VIII - Response and Stand-in(Revised)
IX - Return and the New OG
X - Practice, Exams and Group Stage Begins
XI - Results, Plans and Secrets
XII - The 2nd day and a Very Close Call
XIII - Attack and The Girls Arrive at Stockholm!
XIV - The Future World Fes Begins! OG vs Team Spirit! A rematch on both sides!
XV - Riku's Day Off and Recovery
XVI - OG vs Thunder Awaken - Riku and Tenshi
XVII - Hinanawi Tenshi and Roselia's Invitation
XVIII - The Grand Finals and the Battle Awaits
XIX - Departure and the Long Way Home
XX - A New Problem and the New CiRCLE
XXI - To Each Others Feelings and a Night in the Pub
XXII - Project SEKAI and the Live Begins Now
XXIII - A Deal and a Childhood Outing
XXIV - Breakfast at Dawn and Riku's Challenge
XXV - Dragon vs Turtle, Danmaku Debut and the Meetup
XXVI - The Hotel Performance and the Return Home

II - Offer and Gift

191 7 2
By IWAEHypeMan

3rd POV

Minutes after that sudden reunion (well, not really a reunion, but you get the point), Riku, Ayabe, and the rest of the former OG continued our way to the Nagae mansion. Riku kept his smile, and Ayabe, Johan, and Ceb (A/N: I'm going to call Sebastien "Ceb" because his name is long; call me lazy; I don't care) took notice and teased Riku that he has a crush on Rinko. Which he quickly denies, saying that they are just friends. Topias and Sumail were chuckling while watching Riku be teased by the other 3.

30 Minutes Later

Nagae Estate Main Entrance

After 30 minutes of constant teasing and a slightly pissed-off Riku, the boys have made it to the Nagae Estate without any incidents whatsoever. As they were at the estate's main door and opened it, they were greeted by the servants of the family.

Servants: Welcome back, Riku-sama!!!

Riku: I'm back. After 8 years, I'm finally home. Hopefully, I will stay here for a long time.

At Riku's words, they were approached by a man in his 50s with a posture that shows years of experience as a butler and who greeted Riku in a gentlemanly manner.

???: Welcome back, Riku-sama. How was your trip on your way here?

He simply clapped his hands, and the remaining servants returned to their daily duties.

Riku: It was.........eventful....to say the least. How is my grandfather doing these years, Eiji-san.

Kamiki Eiji. The father of my personal butler, Ayabe, is the current head butler of the Nagae family and has been serving my grandfather for 20 years. He is also the personal butler for the current head. He will retire from his position once I take my grandfather's place as head, and Ayabe will be replacing his place as head butler as well.

Eiji: Oyakata-sama has been doing well these days, he's already waiting for you in his office ever since you arrived.

Riku: Okay. Ayabe, take Johan and the boys to their rooms, put our luggage in our rooms, and put the instruments in the studio along the way.

Ayabe: Understood, Riku-sama. Now follow me, everyone. I'll guide you to your rooms.

Riku just nods to say that they should follow him. Johan and the others followed Ayabe and Riku followed Eiji to see his grandfather.

Riku POV

As I follow Eiji-san, who is currently leading me to my grandfather's room, I'm having second thoughts about seeing him. I don't know what to say to him once I see him again, ever since that day.

On that day, 4 years ago. After I won TI8, I received a call that my parents had passed away. I took a flight to Japan immediately, and once I got back, I saw my grandfather in a paler face since I last saw him, and his eyes were devoid of any emotion, like he was dead on the inside. He was kneeling beside my parents casket, and I kneeled beside my grandfather as I began to mourn for my parents.

As I was trying to mourn, my heart ached. It's like a feeling that I haven't felt before. It's true that my parents weren't there in the early days of my life, but why does it hurt? Why does it hurt to see them like this? I began to cry as I began to think about what was happening to me.

I cried as long as I could, but I have to be strong. Now that my mother is gone, I am now the sole successor of the family, and the pressure on me has just increased, including the fact that I just won TI. Just by that fact alone, I need to improve even further.

My grandfather, on the other hand, took it harder than me, as his only daughter died in an assassination attempt that was originally targeted at him.

It turns out the assassination was orchestrated by the Shinomiya family's eldest child, Shinomiya Oko. We found out the reason for the attempt was that my grandfather rejected Shinomiya's offer of me getting engaged to their youngest child, Shinomiya Kaguya.

It appears he started the assassination as a warning to my family, saying that no one can defy the Shinomiya, either by obeying them or being cast aside. I really don't understand the philosophy of those bastards, treating other people like pawns.

When my grandfather found out who the perpetrator was, he fully committed himself to bringing the Shinomiya's down to give his daughter and son-in-law justice. Two weeks after my parents's funeral, he called in several favors to ensure its success. Luckily, a few influential families answered the call. The Hinanawi, Kicchou, Saigyouji, Houraisan, Hijiri, and Yakumo families answered the call, and the most surprising is that the Tsurumaki also answered their grandfather's call.

(A/N: You may notice the last name of my OC is Nagae from Touhou Project, well after playing Touhou Lost Word for 2 years, I'm officially hooked on the game, and their names are basically stuck in my brain since then.)

After weeks of conflict, my grandfather won the fight against the Shinomiya. It turns out, according to the current Shinomiya head, Shinomiya Gan'an, his son acted on his own without the entire family knowing and proposed the engagement for his own interest. Gan'an was open to any demands from my grandfather.

He was aware that even the Shinomiya hold the majority of Japan; no way can he face seven of the most powerful families in Japan. The Tsurumaki is one thing, but facing the Yakumo family is equal to a death sentence, as the Yakumo are a well-known family that controls the criminal underworld of Japan. Only the influential families are aware of this fact; if the truth comes out, there will be a nationwide panic. Luckily, the current head is pretty laid-back, so that's a plus for us.

Luckily, things didn't go overboard, as it was decided that the eldest was disowned and banished from the Shinomiya family, all of his assets and accounts frozen indefinitely. The shocker is that the Shinomiya head willingly gave 10% of their shares to the Nagae family as compensation and promised that the Shinomiya would assist the Nagae family when the time came. My grandfather accepted the offer. Perhaps I judged them too harshly.

Eiji-san took a quick glance at me, probably seeing me getting nervous and he said to me:

Eiji: Getting nervous, Riku-sama?

Riku: *sigh* honestly, yeah, it's been a while since I saw him, and we had talked less compared to when mom and dad were still here.

Eiji: I'm sure that Oyakata-sama will try to talk it out with you. So stop thinking about what's going to happen in the future for now, focus what's in front of you. Aside from your cousins, he is your only family left, and you're the only one he has left. so he truly cares about you. Try to talk it out with him, and I'm sure you'll be able to talk to each other like the old days.

Eiji-san's advice cleared my doubts. He's right; I just need to focus on the now. As I cleared my head, we reached the door to my grandfather's office.

Eiji: We have arrived. Riku-sama, once I knock on this door, the rest is entirely up to you.

I silently nod in response. And Eiji proceeds to knock on the door.

*Knock* *knock*

???: Yes.

Eiji: Oyakata-sama, I have brought Riku-sama.

???: Bring him in.

As Eiji-san turns the doorknob, he nods as a signal for me to go inside. I took a deep breath. He opened the door and entered the room. As I entered, he closed the door, leaving me and my grandfather alone inside.

3rd POV

As Riku entered the room, he saw an elderly man who appeared to be in his early 50s, but in truth, he was actually 74 years old. He has short, light violet-blue hair with dark red eyes that look like a predator is about to jump on its prey. He's standing at 5'9 and has a well-built body for someone that old. He is wearing a black suit with a dark-blue tie. The man standing in front of Riku is none other than the current head of the Nagae family. Nagae Kyoya.

Riku slightly flinched and gulped, and he remembered that intimidating look of his. As Riku tries to recover, his grandfather speaks first, but not with an intimidating tone but rather with a warm and welcoming voice.

Kyoya: Welcome back home, Riku.

Riku: I'm back........grandfather.

Kyoya: Now don't just stand there like a mannequin, sit down, let me get you some tea.

Riku did just what his grandfather says: went to an empty sofa and sat down. He took a quick look at his room, and he sees some newspapers that show him and OG winning TI9 and being the first band in history to win back-to-back TI's, and some of them were mostly Riku winning in some individual competitions around the world.

Riku(mind): So grandfather really...........

As he was looking at the room, his grandfather came back with two cups of tea and passed one to him. He thanked him and took a sip. Just as he tasted the tea, his eyes went wide open and he muttered to where he could hear what he just said.

Riku: This is?

Kyoya: Lemon Mint Iced Tea right? I knew that this is your favorite.

He gently smiled as he said this. He can now confirm that his grandfather truly cared for him.

Kyoya: Now then, we've got a lot of catching up to do.

Riku: Yeah.....now where do I start?

(A/N: I ain't writing this trip to memory lane bullshit, cause if I do, this will take longer than I planned to, and I might forget the things that I wanna write and completely forgetting it, so no thank you.)

Riku POV

1 hour and 30 minutes later

As me and Grandpa tried to reconnect by telling stories about what has happened over the past few years, it felt like a huge load was taken off of me, and I breathed a huge sigh of relief. I see my grandfather smiling at me, satisfied that I get to do the thing I love the most, playing music.

After nearly telling stories for nearly 2 hours, the grandfather decides to start talking seriously.

Kyoya: Riku. You are already aware on why I called you back right?

Riku: Yeah. This is related to my condition to become the next head right?

Kyoya: Correct. Normally, you could've succeeded me right now but, I just need to test you to see if you are truly fit to succeed me as head.

I haven't heard this at all. A test? What kind of test, though? There is only one way to find out.

Riku: So, what's the test?

Grandfather gets up from his seat, goes to the window, and says to me.

Kyoya: You see, the Saigyouji Family, one of the families that helped me a few years ago, cashed in one of their favors. The head of the family is also the principal of that school, and they're trying to turn their all-girl school into a co-ed by the end of the year.

Riku: So? What's the catch? Obviously, you didn't just accept this without knowing, right?

Grandfather chuckled as he heard me say that....as if he already guessed what I'm about to say next.

Kyoya: Right you are Riku. As expected from you. The favor that the Saigyouji cashed in was....they want you in their school and act as a trial. By the end of the year, and if this gets positive reviews, the school will fully implement co-ed by next year.

*Silence*

The silence lasted for a while, and my mind is trying to reboot from what he said right now. Wait. Hold it. Pause. Does this old bag of bones want to send his only grandson, who has no experience talking to women at his age, to an all-girls school?

Is this n**** serious!?(A/N: I am sorry for those who find it offensive, I watched too much CJ Dachamp and it just stuck on me, so I might put out a few N-words if Riku is speaking on his mind and again, sorry.)

I calmed myself down and asked what was on my mind.

Riku: Let me guess, the transfer is already done, right?

Grandfather chuckled at that one as well.

Kyoya: Impressive; you figured it out already. Yes the transfer is already done, but you'll begin at the next school term. You need to familiarize yourself in this place again.

Riku: Are you sure about this is the right move?

Kyoya: Yes, it is. For me, this is 2 birds in one stone. Not only it will help them, but it will also help you.

Riku: Help me? Helping the school so it'll be coed that I understand, but how it'll help me?

Grandfather stopped facing the window and turned around to me.

Kyoya: Remember when you said to me that you felt something when we talked a while ago?

I just nod and he continued.

Kyoya: Going there, you might find that feeling again, but not for the wrong reasons. You already know how it feels; now you just need to confirm it.

True. I've tried to find that feeling since that day. Winning Future World Fes 2 more times and winning TI again, I've found it, but it's just not as the same as that day. Grandfather said that I'd find it, but not for the wrong reasons. I might as well take it.

Riku: All right. I'll do it. So? Which school will I go to?

Kyoya: Hanasakigawa. The principal will fill you in once you get there.

Riku: Okay, I trust your gut on this one.

Grandfather smiled, and he made his way to his desk and showed me a stack of papers.

Kyoya: Good. As I said earlier, you start in the next school year, which is April. Now that's one matter down, time for the 2nd.

Wait, 2nd? There are 2 matters that need to be dealt with.

Kyoya: While you were on your way here, you saw a lot of live houses compared to the last time you were here, right?

Riku: Yeah, Ayabe told me earlier that there are at least 700 live houses in Japan. It has something to do with TI right?

Kyoya: Yes, ever since your win at TI8, Japanese music has started to become more popular and the bands formed in this country have increased. Thus,  some agencies have tried to create several live houses where they can train their own talent and make them go international one day.

To think that me winning TI could make a huge change, I didn't expect this at all; the popularity might've gone up even higher with me winning it again twice. But I'm happy that Japanese music is starting to get the attention it deserves.

Kyoya: So, me and a few of the families who helped me back then started to invest in these live houses. Here, have a look at this.

He gave me one of the papers, and it says:

Riku: Live House CiRCLE? And you showed this to me. Why?

Kyoya: You see, I wanted to give you a fitting gift for your birthday last year, since you couldn't make it here; I put this on hold till you return. Now that you're here.......that is my gift to you.

Riku: Ain't giving me a live house as a gift a bit too much?

Kyoya: I know that this is too much, but this will also be your first step once you succeed me. This will be your foundation, so work your way up.

As much as I wanted to accept it, it's still too much. I'll just politely say—wait....my own live house—this is perfect!

I quickly got up from my seat and told him that I'd accept his gift.

Riku: I'll take it, grandfather!! I'll happily accept this gift!!

I said to my grandfather like a little boy getting a present for Christmas.

Kyoya: By your look, it looks like you were thinking of something, right?

Riku: Yeah. Well, the truth is, the rest of my band is here for a long vacation, and we are currently looking for a place where the new members of OG can practice in case there are events here in Japan.

Grandfather shot up an eyebrow, listening to what I said just now, and asked me.

Kyoya: Aren't you and the rest retired?

Riku: We were retired, but that doesn't mean OG disbanded. OG now has a new line-up, and according to Johan; they're doing well on their side.

Kyoya: It seems like joining that band changed you a lot, and you opened up to many people aside from few that I and you know. With that, I'm proud of you, Riku.

Riku: Thanks, grandfather.

Kyoya: Well, we're done here. You can now go. I'm happy we get to talk like this.

Riku: *nods* I'll see you later, grandfather.

I said my goodbyes to my grandfather, closed the door, and made my way to the studio. I called Johan and the others so we could discuss what we'll do while they're in Japan.

A/N: Ight. Ladies and Gentlemen. This is the 2nd chapter, and this will be probably the only chapter of October cause TI11 starts at October 8 starting with the Last Chance Qualifiers.....and that's basically it.

As always, just comment away if there are any mistake so I can improve it.

And with that, I amout, thank you so much for reading this and hopefully wait for the next one. Iam outtie 5 bagillion...YEET!!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

933 32 8
Step into the shoes of Y/N, chuunibyou in recovery and highschool loser extraordinaire. Just as Y/N was about to move into his second year of High Sc...
285 7 11
(Y/N), Yumiko comes from a well known family and clan from before when there were quirks, so her family is pretty wealthy and famous. And because of...
21.4K 993 18
For someone fame and glory is everything but for Izuku it was something he had to achieve to help his mother out as well as support her. Still never...
19.2K 821 32
"Bound by chains the Omega was heard to be, determined to win, he was at last set free." Chained Beauty; the symbol of peace was the name given to an...