Their safe haven

By everlove2069

After her mother's and step fathers death, Evelyn must move in with her 7 older brothers who she had no idea... More

More info...
Characters 
Chapter one🫶🏼
Chapter two🫶🏼
Chapter three🫶🏼
Chapter four🫶🏼
Chapter five🫶🏼
Chapter six🫶🏼
Chapter seven🫶🏼
Chapter eight🫶🏼
Chapter nine🫶🏼
Chapter ten🫶🏼
Chapter eleven🫶🏼
Chapter twelve🫶🏼
Chapter thirteen🫶🏼
Chapter fourteen🫶🏼
Chapter fifteen🫶🏼
Chapter sixteen🫶🏼
Chapter seventeen🫶🏼
Chapter eighteen🫶🏼
Chapter nineteen🫶🏼
Chapter twenty🫶🏼
Chapter twenty-one🫶🏼
Chapter twenty-two🫶🏼
Chapter twenty-three🫶🏼
Chapter twenty-four🫶🏼
Chapter twenty-five🫶🏼
Chapter twenty-six🫶🏼
Chapter twenty-seven🫶🏼
Chapter twenty-eight🫶🏼
Chapter twenty-nine🫶🏼
Chapter thirty🫶🏼
Chapter thirty-one🫶🏼
Chapter thirty-two🫶🏼
Chapter thirty-three🫶🏼
Chapter thirty-four🫶🏼
Chapter thirty-five🫶🏼
Chapter thirty-six🫶🏼
Chapter thirty-seven🫶🏼
Chapter thirty-eight🫶🏼
Chapter thirty-nine🫶🏼
Chapter forty🫶🏼
Chapter forty-one🫶🏼
Chapter forty-three🫶🏼
Chapter forty-four🫶🏼
Chapter forty-five🫶🏼
Chapter forty-six🫶🏼
Chapter forty-seven 🫶🏼
Chapter forty-eight🫶🏼
Chapter forty-nine🫶🏼
Chapter fifty🫶🏼
Chapter fifty-two🫶🏼

Chapter forty-two 🫶🏼

3.4K 81 14
By everlove2069

Evelyns pov

Today was the day, the day that I get to kill my abuser. I turned around to face Nico who was still asleep next to me. I placed my hand on his cheek and leaned closer to his lips. My heart raced as I told myself to just lean in and close that gap, just close it.

I finally closed the gap and kissed his soft lips, sweet like honey and smooth like a nice sleet of snow. I leaned back and placed my hand over his lips. "I think I'm in love with you and it scares me. I have to go, please don't be mad." I slipped out of bed and grabbed my phone from my side table.

As I looked down at my phone I walked into my closet and tried to find an outfit while texting Salvatore. I grabbed a black long-sleeve shirt and black jeans that gave my butt a nice lift. I grabbed my holster and placed my gun and my knife in there along with a few magazines.

I looked in my closet mirror and quickly looked around for a hair tie. My phone buzzed in my back pocket and I quickly pulled it out while still looking for a hair tie.

Salvatore texted me with a running emoji and below it, he said 'hurry up kid, go out of your window.' Once I found a hair tie I tied my hair and quickly left my closet with my black combat boots in my hand.

Walking from my closet to my window I felt a hand on my waist making me gasp. I shivered as I felt a warm breath by my ear, making my body freeze at the motion. "You are not going my love." I turned around to face Rain and I shook my head, feeling guilt ride in me for an unknown reason.

His hands that rested on my hip grew painful as he tightened his grip on them. I pushed on his chest and his hands dropped to his sides. "Baby, I have to. I have to do this." I cupped his cheek and leaned up to give him a kiss but he put his hand on my chest and pushed me away.

I looked up at him, shocked by his actions. I felt my heart rip as I started to walk away towards the window. "I can't love someone who is dead Evelyn. I don't want to love you when you are dead, I want to love you when you are alive and right now you are killing yourself by being selfish." I ignored him as I opened my window, the cool breeze from the two am air struck me in the face.

I quickly climbed down to the last floor and I looked around for a second before I spotted Salvatore standing by a black sports car. I walked over to him and my heart started to pound in my chest at the look on his face. He was serious, his eyebrows pulled, and his eyes were squinted. Before I could ask what was wrong I felt a warm thumb under my cheek.

"You are crying." He stated, as if I hadn't known for myself that I was crying like a baby. I shook my head, playing dumb. Unfortunately, he didn't look convinced as he lead me to the sports car with his hand on my shoulder.

As soon as I sat down in the soft leather seat I melted into the warmth that came through it. The pilot's door was opened and I looked over, covering my heart as my eyes squeezed shut. "It's fine chicken, I'm going with." I slowly nodded my head as Sergio slid the rest of the way into the car.

While Sergio was driving Salvatore was in the backseat, cleaning his guns and knives that I swore were already clean. I placed my head on the windowsill while my phone started to buzz in my back pocket. "Sergio...am I doing the wrong thing?" I saw him glance at me before sighing deeply and slowly shaking his head.

"No. I think it's the right thing, I don't like it at all but if it helps you then I'm fine with it. As long as you stay close to us and stay safe." He spoke in a stern voice making me immediately nod my head.

I felt a hand on my shoulder making me turn to face Salvatore. He stuck out his hand and I looked at his hand in confusion, "gun." I slowly took my gun from its spot on my hip and placed it in his hand.

He chuckled at the gun and shook his head while reaching into the trunk. A few seconds later Salvatore pulled out an automatic machine gun making my eyes almost bulge out of my head. Sergio choked on air and held onto the steering wheel with one arm as the other one reached back, grabbing the gun from Salvatore's arm he placed it on his lap and sighed.

"Come on! Just give her the gun, it will make her look even more badass!" I laughed at Salvatore's tantrum and grabbed the large gun in my slightly small hands, getting used to the size as I looked at the very clean gun.

After a few minutes, I felt the car come to a stop and I looked up and gulped down the growing lump in my throat. A large plane sat in front of my view making my heart race against my chest in anticipation and nerves.

The twins climbed out of the car and I sat for a few seconds just taking in the large black plane. My side door was opened and the voice that hit my ears had me almost dropping down to the harsh floor. Alessandro...

"You don't belong here, we told you no." His stern voice made me close my eyes in hope for this wicked dream come to stop. Sadly life wasn't on my side for I had to open my eyes and look around.

Airport...Alessandro...Luca...I mentally cursed myself for being stupid as I felt a heavy hand tug me out of the car making me quickly grip the gun that was on my lap. I let Sandro drag me all the way to Luca as I held my head up high, determined to get onto this plane.

My feet planted to the ground as we got a few feet away from Lucas's tall frame. I kept my head held high as I looked at Luca with a slight glare, if he was smart he would just drop it. I flinched back as he quickly reached out and grabbed my arms.

My heart sank as I looked behind Luca, all of my brothers, and Rain all stood by the stairs. "I don't want you to get hurt, evey please." His voice was unrecognizable as he pulled me closer to him. As he pulled me into his chest I could feel my own heart race against my chest, his matching mine.

I shook my head and felt him let out a small sigh. He pulled away slightly and grabbed my shoulder in a soft grip and slowly lead me to the plane. As we walked in the same two ladies sat at the front with wide smiles. They bowed their heads and I bowed back making them look at me in shock.

Luca gently pushed me onto the soft leather chair and took a seat next to me. Angelo was on my left and Luca sat on my right, the duo making my stomach twist with nerves. Angelo leaned over and placed a kiss on my forehead before leaning down to my ear. "What happened between you and Nico this morning? And don't say nothing because I heard it." My heart stopped as I looked around for any type of exit.

My eyes locked with those deep gray eyes that always seemed to pull me closer to earth. Once the plane was in the air I took a deep breath before lifting myself from my chair and walking over to where Nico had his body sprawled out in a leather chair that seemed way too small for him.

I sat next to him and tried to force myself to make any move, any move that would make me closer to him. As I was having a mental battle I felt a large, warm hand rest over mine. "Rain." My voice sounded all wrong, way too hurt and soft for my liking. I lifted the hand that was covering his eyes and felt my heart sink to my stomach.

His eyes were closed and his lips were slightly parted making me wonder if he had truly been asleep or if he was just ignoring me. I leaned my head onto his shoulder and felt hot tears gather in my eyes. "I'm sorry, I have to do this." I leaned upwards and kissed his sharp jaw, feeling as it twitched under my lips.

The flight attendant came over the small overcome and told us that we would be landing shortly and to buckle up. I felt a squeeze on my hand I turned my head almost smacked mine with Nicos. I leaned closer to his face and pressed my lips onto his forehead. "I'm sorry." His voice was quiet and raspy making my heart squeeze.

I shook my head and leaned my back onto the seat. Once we were on the ground it was as though the air around us shifted, the clouds grew darker and the air grew tense. I leaned into Nico's side as we walked out of the plane.

The airport was empty except for a few black vans. The hand that was holding mine gripped mine in a slightly tighter grip, looking up I saw Rain's hard profile as my brothers gathered around in an almost perfect line.

I let go of Nico's hand and walked over to Marco, the mother of us all and the one that I always go to for comfort. I leaned my head on his back and grabbed his hand in mine. Marco brought me to his side and placed his head on top of mine. "Please stay by us, don't go looking for a fight. I love you." My hand instantly reached for his, giving it a small squeeze.

"I love you too, all of you." I felt anger and sadness build in me as I realization seeped into my veins. Simon did this, he made me fear for my brother's safety.

Luca lead us to one of the three black vans and opened the side door, showing a lot of men and women who all looked hot and scary. My cheeks grew hot as I looked at one girl in particular. She was wearing a vest with black cargo pants and a tight black shirt, she was chubby with thick thighs and beautiful brown eyes.

I felt myself feeling embarrassed as I sat next to her, almost touching her legs. She turned her head and smirked at me which made my stomach flip with nerves and to top it off she winked at me! My insides became mush as I tried to find a more comfortable seating position.

I felt a hand grab mine and when I turned and looked at the corporate I saw Zion looking down at me with a small smile. Tears brimmed my eyes and I pulled him into a side hug, stuffing my face into his neck. Having him by me just makes my anger levels get higher and higher. The only thought that got to me was that Simon made all of these people be here.

I leaned back and squeezed Zion's hand making him look down at me. "We are definitely hanging out after this I don't care what you say." His small smile reached me and I had no other option but to smile back. "Of course, I have so much tea for you." I gasped and grabbed his hand while doing a small happy dance.

"We are here, here's the plan..." Angelo's very stern voice pulled me from my mini dance party, every eye was on him as we listened to his plan. Halfway through I thought of something so when he took a breath I started talking. "Leave Simon for me please, if you get him before me don't kill him, just fuck him up a bit." Angelo sighed and slowly looked over at Luca before nodding his head.

Once everyone had the plan memorized we all got out of the vans, looking at the old shipment dock that had a large warehouse to the side of it. The windows were boarded up and there were bullet holes all over them.

Me, Luca, and a few other men all came around the side of the house and waited for everyone to get into position. I shook with nerves and Luca must have noticed because he grabbed my hand and press his lips to my knuckles. "I love you evey." I didn't have time to respond as we heard the signal. Luca nodded and I started to walk forward with my gun gripped tightly in my hand.

As we walked in through the side door something felt off, the air was tense and it was too quiet. Flashbacks of the basement came through my head and I grabbed Lucas's hand making him stop in his tracks. I lowered my voice as I whispered to him, "they are in the basement, they are never this quiet unless they have a deal." Luca nodded and silently told everyone to find the basement.

After sweeping a few rooms my earpiece turned on, Romeo's voice coming through the small device. "I found it, look for the stairs." I practically ran down the stairs and felt the air drop lower and lower just like my stomach.

I froze when I heard a scream, it sounded like a little girl and I knew that scream far too well. I heard Luca whispering at me not to do it but I was already running to the door. I felt a hand on my shoulder and I stopped in my tracks and turned around.

Nico stood there with an expressionless face, "listen to me, this could be a trap." The girl's scream got louder and I couldn't hear anything after the last scream. Everything in my brain went blank as I pulled away from Nico and walked over to the door.

I felt heavy hands on me and I pushed them away while slamming open the steel door. The sight inside made my insides turn, I felt the vomit rise in my throat as I looked around. A little girl that looked just like me when I was younger was tied to a bed with nothing but panties on. There was blood everywhere and her poor skin was covered in cuts and bruises.

My gaze looked with those almost black eyes that I wanted nothing more but to make life less. My stomach dropped down to the floor as I took a look around the room, pigs picking up their pants and guns. Before they could even zip their pants all of them were shot, leaving one.

Romeo stepped forward, heading towards the small girl but I stopped him. "Simon." My voice, was filled to the brim with venom as I walked forward. Once I was close enough I felt a sharp pain in my leg, my hand shot down to the spot, and felt the handle of his poker knife.

Luca came into my view and before I could stop him he threw a punch to Simons's face making him drop to the floor. "No!" I placed my hand on Lucas's chest and tried to push him away with one hand. I looked down at Simon and saw his lips curl into a disgusting smirk.

I felt a hand on my leg making me flinch, Angelo placed his hand on my leg and held pressure making me whimper in pain. "Stop it, Angelo!" I pushed on his shoulders and pulled out my knife from my back pocket.

Without looking I threw the knife at Simon, I heard a gargling sound so I looked down and saw my perfect knife sticking out of his neck. I finally pushed Angelo away and walked over to Simons's dying body.

"Get the girl out of her." The girl had passed out and I didn't want her to wake up and see what I was about to do. As Romeo gently lifted the girl as Salvatore covered her with his hoodie I sat on Simons's chest as he gasped for air.

I felt his hand push on my thigh and I groaned in pain before throwing a punch to his face. One punch turned into two, and two turned into...I forgot. I let out a scream and grabbed the knife out of my leg before shoving it into his skull.

The pain that crawled through my leg was nowhere close to the pain that was in my stomach. I placed my hand on my side and felt warm blood coming out of my side. I started to look around, the bloody knife sat in Simons's stiff hand and my hand started to put pressure on my wound.

I looked behind me and I stuck my hand out toward Luca before my world went dark.

Zions pov

As I was slicing another man's throat I heard heavy footsteps behind me making me turn and look for any trouble. My heart stopped as I saw Evelyn's limp body in Lucas's arms.

My stomach dropped to my feet as I ran over to him. I ran past him and practically jumped into the van and got the engine ready as Luca slid into the passenger seat.

"Shit...shit!" I heard Angelo from the back seat say as he tried to look for his medical bag. I let my gaze fall onto Evelyn and my heart started to beat faster as I pressed harder on the gas.

She is my soulmate, my friend. Lilith and I have been seeing each other for a bit and I can't tell her any of that if she is dead so that is why I took the back roads and headed straight for the hospital.

Once I reached the hospital I slammed on the brakes and all of her brothers got out of the car as I tried to calm my racing heart. I parked the van and ran inside the oddly clean building. I spotted Sergio and I ran over to him as he looked down at his phone. His face showed a mix of emotions but only one truly showed through and that was fear.

As I reached him he glanced up from his phone and turned back to a stoic expression. Silence filled the air as I tried to think of words to say. "H-" before I could ask how she was doing I was cut off by Lucas's stern voice. "Serg. She is okay." I watched as Sergio's shoulders dropped as a small sigh left his lips.

Luca told me to go home but I felt this strong pull that told me not to go home. I walked out of the hospital after giving the van keys to Luca and I ordered an Uber.

"It doesn't make sense baby, she won't text me back and my brother doesn't talk to me." I sat on Lilith's bed and listened as she walked back and forth in front of me.

I reached out and grabbed her hips making her stop in her tracks, I pulled her close to me and placed my head on her stomach. "I'm scared darling. I'm so fucking scared." I was scared of losing her and my friends due to my job. I hated how Lilith didn't know about the Mafia but I couldn't say anything.

I felt her small hands slowly go to my nape and slowly rub slow circles into my neck making my body instantly relax into her arms. After a few moments of silence, she spoke up in a soft raspy voice. "Baby, oh baby. Tell me what's wrong." She raised my limp head and wiped the slow tears that rolled down my cheeks.

I pulled her face down and placed my lips on hers. She is the air I breathe, the rhythm to my tune, she is my heart and my soul. And. I need her.

She slowly pulled away and I felt tears in my eyes that I refused to let drop. "Can I stay the night?" She instantly nodded and without wasting a second I pulled her onto the bed with me.

Once I had her tucked into me, my heartbeat was starting to slow down and I felt her chest rise and fall with shallow breaths. "You are too good for my life but I'm too selfish to let you go my little dove." With one last kiss on her head, I found myself closing my eyes and falling asleep.

--(Fun fact: I wanna gooo home!!🦋🦋)--

HOPE YOU ENJOYED IT- LOVE THE AUTHOR

Word count:3555

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3M 72K 100
Previously called Older Brothers Part 1 Completed (Alternate version) part 2 Ongoing "T-trust me?" "Always." It was the promise that they were never...
35.5K 655 21
Leah's mom took her from the rest of her family when she was very young, her stepdad abused her after her mother died, so her life was terrible. But...
301K 6.6K 48
Brooke Amoretti hides her problems behind a snarky smile and sarcastic comments. She doesn't have the luxuries of most 16 year olds; who would when...
6.3M 163K 101
Carlotta Angela Vasiliev is a 17 year old girl living with her adoptive Russian mafia family of 4 brothers and father. Ever since she was a child, sh...