Call It Fate

By Lover_Me02

River king is a 20year old senior in college and is a single mom trying to balance school work and her little... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
Characters Aesthetics
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25

16

2.9K 46 6
By Lover_Me02

Packing packing packing, is something I absolutely hate.

If you didn't already know I'm packing because we leave for Tennessee in the morning.

I am not ready for this flight, Memphis has only been on an airplane once and he was to little to know what's going on so it wasn't that bad.

But now he's older still doesn't really know what going on but I don't think he's gonna want to set for two hours straight.

I mean chase is going to be there so maybe Memphis will be occupied with him.

Speaking of Memphis I need to check on him.

I'm in the laundry room getting the clothes out of the dryer.

Heading back to my room I walk through my door.

Memphis is asleep on my bed, he's been sleeping a lot lately I think he's growing.

I put the basket down and lay down beside Memphis.

He's getting so big.

I don't know what to do about the whole situation around Andrew I never really thought he would be here in Boston ever.

Jaxon did say that chases mom is a lawyer so maybe she'll help if he wants to try and go to court it's not like he'll be able to get custody if Memphis he hasn't done anything for him.

Memphis is my baby.

And I'm not going to let anyone take him away from me.

~

I must have fallen asleep bc I don't remember putting Memphis on my chest.

What is that noise?

I look over to the left side of the bed, I see my phone ringing with Everest's face on the screen.

I reach over and answer the phone putting it to my ear trying not to move to much.

"Hey what took so long?" She asked.

"Sorry I was asleep." I said setting up really slowly.

"Asleep we leave in less then four hours!" She yelled through the phone.

"I just fell asleep I wasn't planning to go to sleep." I laughed.

I looked at the time and it's 12:30 our flight leaves at 4:00am.

"So how come you called me so late?" I asked.

"Well I was wondering if I could use that light blue dress for the wedding?"

"Of course I'll pack it." She looks really good in light blue it's definitely her color.

"I actually need to pack." I blurted out loud.

"I am right now." She said she does sound kinda far.

"No! Wyatt don't touch that!" She yells.

Wyatt's there?

"Sorry I gotta go before all my stuff gets broken I love you bye." She said.

"I love you bye." I said hanging up.

Alright time to pack.

I really don't want to.

I set up against the head bored and try to wake up Memphis.

"Hey baby you need to eat." I say pushing his hair out of his face.

He lifted his head and smiled at me before sticking his hand up my shirt.

I laugh pulling up my shirt letting him latch on.

"We have a long day tomorrow bud and you get to see all you aunts and Uncle Sam." I tell him playing with his hair.

His hair has gotten lighter it's now blonde and curly it's a whole lot longer now to.

Once he finishes I take him to the kitchen so I can eat.

I don't know if either of us are going to go back to sleep so might as well get everything down now.

I walk into the kitchen and head to the fridge and grab a smoothie I made yesterday and a burrito that I forgot to eat earlier.

I set down on a stool with my food in front of me, Memphis is setting facing me with his head on my chest.

I grab my iPad that's on my counter and turn on glimore girls and set it up

After I'm done eating I head to the bathroom in the hall and set up a bath for Memphis all while he's on my hip.

Put take all his clothes off and set him down in the water.

"Maybe you'll stay up so you can sleep on the plane Yea sound like a deal." I say dragging a rag over him.

While I was washing his hair my phone starts ringing from the counter.

"Hold on buddy." I say to rinsing off my hands in grabbing my phone.

"Hey." I didn't even check who it was.

"Hey." Oh it's chase.

"Whatcha doin?" He asked.

"I'm giving Memphis a bath." I said putting my phone on speaker and setting it on the side of the bath tub.

"How come you'd guys aren't asleep?" He questions.

"We'll we both fell asleep and we woke up not to long ago." I said to rinsing the soap out of Memphis hair.

"Well I can't sleep so I was wondering if I can come over we can ride together to the air port Wyatt and Everest are so I thought it would just work out." He said rambling on.

"Hey chase." I say cutting him off. "You can come over you always can." I say with a smile.

"All right I'll be there in 15." He said.

"Bye chase." I said smiling.

Memphis is looking at me with I don't actually know it's like a mix between a smile and a smirk.

"What's that face?" I ask laughing.

He just laughs with me slashing the water the best he can in his little seat.

I finish up his bath and wrapping him up in his frog towel.

He's so cute.

I walk in to the kitchen to get him some blueberry flavored puffs. I promised I would give him some.

I put him in his high chair and pour some on his little table.

Knocks are heard from the door. 

I walk to the door and open it seeing chase standing there.

"Hey." I say moving to the side so he could come in.

"Hey." He say turning and wrapping his arms around my waist giving me a hug.

I wrap my arms around his neck.

"What was that for?" I questioned walking back into the kitchen.

"We'll I haven't seen you in a couple of days and I needed a hug." He says walking over to Memphis.

"Hey little man." He says picking him up.

Memphis laughs and squeezes his neck giving him a hug.

"Da da!" He yells.

Did I hear that right?"

I look over to see chase still with a smile on his face.

He kisses his head and turns to me.

I'm to stunned to speak.

What?

Who even taught him that?

"I'm so sorry I don't even know how he learned tha-" I say.

"Hey it's ok more then ok really I like it." He says.

He likes it.

"Ok."

"Ok"

I smile at me then look to Memphis, he has that same look on his face the one he had on in the bath.

What is that look?" I say walking over to them and touching Memphis cheek.

"Oh he's definitely smirking." Chase says with his own smirk on his face.

"We've been working on it when you aren't in the room." He says.

"Well you learn something new everyday huh?" I pinch Memphis's cheek.

"Alright I have to pack because I haven't even started." I say walking in to my room I hear them following me whispering.

"So what's that suitcase by the door." Chase asked walking over to my bed and laying Memphis down on his stomach and him doing the same.

"Oh that's the presents." I say pulling my other suit case out of my closet.

"Ok so we are going to be there for five days so I'll need six outfits plus's pajamas." I say walking into my closet and finding some shirts.

I find a dark blue crew neck the same one I wore when I meet chase.

I grab four matching pajama sets. Their easy and light weight.

And some t shirts.

I walk back out off my closet to see the boys looking at chases phone.

"Alright." I say setting me shirts down on the floor by my suit case.

I walk over to my dresser and get out some pants, a pair of light washed mom jeans and black boyfriend jeans, one skirt and last but not least sweatpants.

I set those down and grab some underwear I grab a lot because you never know. I also grab a strapless bra because I'll need that for my dress and a sports bra.

I walk over to my suitcase and set down opening it up.

"Why do you need so much underwear?" Chase asked me putting his phone down.

"Well I mean you never know." I say folding my shirts.

I see him nod his head.

"Oh my goodness can you put a dipper on Memphis and some clothes I completely forgot." I say looking up at him.

"Of course let's go little man." He says getting off the bed and walking out off the room.

I look over to my night stand to see it's almost 2:00am.

I hope Memphis sleeps on the plane it'll be a lot easier.

I finish packing my clothes and walking over to my shoe rack and grab a pair of work out shoes and some black converse.

I put those in my bag and walk into my bathroom and putting all the stuff I'll need in a little bag.

I put a new tooth brush in there so I can still brush my teeth before we go.

I put my toiletry bag in my suitcase and zip it up now all I have to do I pack Memphis's stuff.

I'm going to use a duffel bag for him because his clothes don't take up to much room.

I walk to his room stoping at the closet in the hall to grab a duffel bag.

Walking into his room I see chase reading a book to an almost alseep Memphis.

When they hear me come in they both look up.

Memphis sends me grabby hands and I know he's probably hungry.

I walk over to them and grab Memphis form chase.

"I can pack that while you feed him you just have to tell me what to put in here." He says standing up and grabbing the bag putting it on the changing table.

"Ok well His outfit for the wedding is hanging up in the closet but the rest are in his drawers." I say pulling my shirt up so Memphis can latch on.

"Alright this the one?" He asks walking out of the closet.

"Yep that's it." I say.

"Ok so you can pick out some onesies and sleepers then dippers and wipes." I tell him.

"Ok." He says grabbing the stuff I told him to and putting them in the bag.

"Alright I think that's all. ." He says looking back over at me.

"Alright well I'm going to put him down you can go get ready for bed." I say pulling my shirt down.

"Alright." He says walking out of the door.

I stand up and put Memphis in his crib, grabbing a pacifier and putting it in his mouth.

I kiss his head and turn on the sound machine.

I walk out keeping the door cracked and heading off to my room.

I walk to my bath room seeing chase brushing his teeth with the tooth brush he used last time.

I grab my tooth brush and start brushing my teeth.

Once we're down we head to the room and lay down turning off the lamps.

I lay down on the right side and turn my back towards chase scooting back till my back hits his chest.

He wraps an arm around my waist and buries his head in my neck.

"Good night chase." I say drifting off to sleep.

"Good night river."

He says something else I didn't quite catch but I'm to tired to ask what he said.

__________________________________

Heyyy guys sorry for the late update I've had terrible writer's block and didn't want to put something out the that I didn't feel was good enough anyways I hope you liked this one.

Vote and comment your thoughts.

Xoxo, Abby

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.7K 236 31
You wouldn't think Katherine was the 'Wild' kid, and it's true she isn't. She is an A student at her college. However, people change over time, but...
300K 7.4K 72
Rosie Labrun is a lot of things: a college student on the cusp of graduation; an intern for the Portland Pirates, a romance novel connoisseur; and th...
12.8K 463 16
"You're wearing my jersey," he says with the biggest grin imaginable. "Yeah, I am so don't go out there and embarrass us, Mr. Scott," I say, trying n...
401K 14.3K 28
21 year old River Jacobs has hit a dead end. She dropped out of college and heads back to her hometown. A town she swore she'd never return. Colton...