Destined Love | Min Yoongi

By KimChaeYoungBTS

❀ [Soulmate AU] ❀ Kwan Ae-Young an SBR (Soulmate Bonding Researcher), had always watched, learnt and helped f... More

- ★ -
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43

Chapter 33

913 39 8
By KimChaeYoungBTS

Ae-Young's P.O.V.

"I still can't believe you did that...." Soomin repeated for the fourth time now, opening her tub of ice cream while I searched for a movie to watch.

"I'll admit I could have been kinder about it, but it was long overdue." I replied, my eyes fixed on the TV. "And I guess I might have been emotional, because of the whole soulmate situation. But in my defense, that's not my fault. I can't exactly control what I'm feeling in a situation with my soulmate."

"You're not wrong...." Soomin began. I didn't respond though, cause I sensed a 'but' was about to follow. "But I do think you'll have to apologize."

"Well, I still have my two weeks left." I pondered to myself. "And yeah, I think you're right about the apology."

"What are you going to do after it?" She asked, showing clear worry when she looked towards me. "Do you plan on going back to college?"

"Hopefully." I replied, shrugging my shoulders. "Lucky for me, there's still plenty of time to apply before this academic year starts."

"Event planning?" Soomin asked, even though she kind of already knew the answer. I nodded my head lightly and hummed in response. "I see...."

"What?" I sighed, turning myself around to look at her, so she had my full attention. In the past, one night when both of us were blabbering drunks who held nothing back, we had a conversation about what our dream jobs were before pursuing our current career. The moment I mentioned wedding and event planning, she gave a brutal response that I don't even want to think about repeating. "Do enlighten me as to why you're against this, again."

"Well, it's going to be tricky." She began. "It isn't exactly the safest way to earn an income, is it? Imagine how long you'll have to wait to get customers if you plan on setting up a business. And there aren't very many people looking to hire in that industry. And then you'll need to work somewhere while you're studying, so you can pay rent. It just isn't ideal."

"I appreciate your feedback, and I understand your concern. I know that it'll be difficult. Impossible, maybe." I replied, after taking a minute to think. "I'll find a part-time job, I'll ask around for anyone who is willing to take on someone for experience. And if I fail, I fail. I just want to give it a go."

"But then what if-

"Then by that time I'll have a backup plan." I interrupted. At this point, I could feel myself getting a little annoyed and wanted the topic to change. "Let's not talk about this anymore. Why don't you choose the movie instead?"

"Alright...." Soomin replied, shuffling over to me. She took the remote and pointed it towards the TV. But before she did anything else, her left arm wrapped around my shoulders in a side hug. "I believe in you."

"Ae-Young!" A voice shouted, following a sudden bright light blinding me as I attempted to open my eyes. I managed to open me eyes eventually, seeing Soomin hovering above me and repeatedly tapping her watch. "It's time you were up."

"Good morning to you too...." I groaned, tossing around to my other side to shield myself from the light that was still as bright as ever. "Please....turn off the light."

"Nope." Soomin replied walking out of the room, only to return a moment later to open my window. The room almost instantly got colder, making me want to sink into my covers more, rather than leave them. "You need to get up."

"Okay, okay." I barely managed to say, as I felt myself kind of drifting back to sleep. Soomin had stayed the night because we stayed up so late watching this new K-Drama. As a result, we barely slept. It's not a problem for Soomin, because she's some sort of superhuman who can function perfectly with minimal sleep. Myself on the other hand....I don't think I even need to explain that one.

"You have an hour to get ready, so if you get up now we can go to that old coffee shop before work." Soomin explained, walking out of my room once more.

"I just need a minute...." I said in a small voice. But then five minutes passed and I still hadn't left my bed. Eventually though, I managed to roll out of my bed and stand up straight. I looked to my phone on my beside locker, seeing a message from Yoongi. I replied to him quickly, a smile forming on my lips as I read it.

"Lover boy, is it?" Soomin cheekily asked. I didn't even need to reply as the answer became pretty clear once my cheeks heated up. "Awwww!"

"Yeah, yeah." I replied while rolling my eyes and tossing a pillow at her. "By the way, how are you and Eunha?"

"Oh, we're doing really well actually." Soomin replied, her face lighting up the second I mentioned her soulmate. "We've planned another date tomorrow evening."

"Awwww!" I replied, mocking Soomin's previous reaction. "But really, I'm happy for you two."

Soomin didn't reply, but just smiled widely. It was nice seeing her so happy. Again, it just made me think of how easy it would have been for Yoongi and I, if I had just let down a wall or two of mine. I know I shouldn't be dwelling so much on the past, especially since he and I decided we would basically start over. But...I just can't help it sometimes. If it weren't for me, maybe we could've got to that stage Soomin is at a lot earlier on.

"I put out some cereal I found in you cupboard, if you want it." Soomin called out. "Of course, I didn't add milk. But it's ready, is what I'm saying."

I heard Soomin continue to ramble on quietly to herself about the subject, so I remained quiet. Instead, I walked over to my wardrobe to choose a nice outfit for today-

After changing I walked into the kitchen area and sat down at the table, mainly to regain energy from trying on different variations of my outfit. I glanced at my phone, seeing Yoongi had replied to my message saying good morning. He explained that he would be spending most of the day either composing or practicing with the other members on some choreography. Once I replied to him, I turned my phone off and stood up.

"I'm ready to leave when you are." I stated, walking around, looking for my favorite jacket.

"Are you not having breakfast?" She asked, getting up too to grab her belongings.

"I'm not in the mood for cereal, so I'll probably get something at that coffee shop you're talking about." I explained, walking to the door to put my shoes on.

"By the way you needn't worry, cause that guy won't be there." Soomin stated as she followed me. "Eunha and I were talking to him that day the three of us were at the restaurant and saw him. They rotate their staff regularly, so he no longer works there."

"Oh, I see...." I replied, having really nothing else to contribute to the conversation. "Anyways, let's go!"

I took one last sip from my tea, which was ice cold at this point, before getting up to pass some files off to another coworker. I've only been working a couple hours and already I'm exhausted because of the late night. Never again.

"Here's the files on Mr. Kim's case. I apologise for taking so long to get them to you. There were a couple.... complications." I explained as I handed over the folder in my hand to Ji Hun, the employee responsible for sorting out and ordering all our case files.

"It's no problem, at least I have them now." He replied with a smile. "By the way, could you pass these onto Mr. Lee before your lunch break?"

I nodded my head lightly, taking the documents from Ji Hun's hands into my own. I turned around and walked slowly towards Mr. Lee's office once I realised that now was best time to apologise to him for my outburst the other day.

But before I reached his office, I felt my phone vibrate from my pocket and decided to check it. Yoongi was calling, so I quickly answered it. It was a bit of a blessing in disguise, really. Thanks to the perfect timing I can put off the confrontation a little bit, and build myself up a little more.

"Hey Ae-Young, how are you...?" Yoongi began, on a rather awkward tone too, might I add.

"I'm alright, just about to get ready for my lunch break." I explained as I walked away from all the desks to a slightly quieter area so I could talk in peace, and of course to stay clear of anyone looking to find some story to gossip about. "What about you?"

"I did plan on working on my music a little longer, but I'm open to changing my plans." Yoongi stated, unknowingly causing me to smile at his words. "What would you say to having lunch?"

"With you?" I jokingly asked, hearing a sigh in response.

"Oh no, by yourself. I'm asking if you'll sit alone and have a meal by yourself." Yoongi replied with a chuckle. "Yes it's....with me."

"Well then, I'd like that." I responded, smiling widely at the thought, my heart beating at a quicker rate from just thinking about it. "I can leave now, and I'll be there as soon as I can!"

"See you then."

I hung up the phone and walked back towards Mr. Lee's office. This time, feeling more confident. I put my phone back into my pocket and held on tightly to the documents in my arms as I waltzed back down the hall.

With this small boost of happiness and confidence, I didn't hesitate before knocking on the office door in front of me. Though, the nerves did finally kick in once I heard a familiar voice ushering me inside. I let myself take a deep breath and then headed in.

"Ah, Ae-Young." Me Lee said in a rather surprised tone. "What can I do for you?"

"Ji Hun, our file coordinator, he asked me to bring this to you." I managed to say, walking closer to his desk so I could hand it to him. I noticed a subtle drop in his face upon hearing this, but thought nothing of it as I ran over my apology one last time in my head.

"Thank you for that, Ae-Young." He stated, dropping the file into an already built-up and messy pile. "Anything else?"

"Yes." I stated, dropping my arms to my side in a means to stop my fidgeting. "I also came to apologise for my actions the other day. I know what I did was out of line, and I have now come to realise that my behavior was not suitable and did not help the situation. If I wanted to talk honestly about my contribution to work with you, I should have sought you out in private to discuss it. It was, as you said, highly unprofessional of me to do what I did. Again, I apologise for my actions and for the disruption I caused."

"I appreciate that, thank you." Mr. Lee replied, standing up and making his way over to me. "You are a valuable employee, I'd hate to see you go. So please, continue to work for us. Your position hasn't changed. I can even adjust-

"Again, sir, I do genuinely appreciate the offer." I began to explain. "But I'm actually planning to go back to college to study in a different field."

"Well then, maybe you would consider a part time job with us while you study?" Mr. Lee offered. "As I said, you're a valuable asset to the team. One I find difficult to let go, and imagine difficult to replace also."

"You know, I might think about that." I agreed, showing an appreciative smile. "I'll give you an answer in the coming days so if it comes to it, we can come up with something."

"Yes, that would be lovely." Mr. Lee replied. "At the very least, in case you choose to part from our company, maybe you would want to join me for lunch?"

"Oh, I actually already have plans...." I admitted, silently thanking whatever higher power saved me from this situation. "For which I should already be heading out to."

"But please-

Mr. Lee grabbed my wrist quickly, temporarily keeping me from leaving. Though as he did and my sleeve shifted higher up my arm, my soulmate mark that was now on display caused him to stop in place. He hadn't let go of my arm, but just reminded still and silent.

"I need to be going-

"You never mentioned this before." Mr. Lee mumbled quietly. "Is that who you're going to lunch with? Your soulmate...."

I felt Mr. Lee's grip tighten slightly as he became engrossed in his thoughts. To be honest, this side of him scared me a bit. I've mentioned to Soomin before that I did find him a bit odd, maybe even a tad bit creepy too. But he's never made me feel scared before, not like this.

"With all due respect...." I began, pulling my arm away from his grasp. I took a deep breath to prepare myself to continue on, trying to calm down a little since I heard my shaky voice."I don't think I'm obligated to tell you where I go on my lunch break, sir."

With that, I rushed out of the office. For the second time today I felt my heart rate quickened. Unfortunately this time, it raced for a different reason. I picked up my pace, wanting to put as much distance between myself and his office as possible.

I could only relax once I was out of the building. The tense atmosphere made me feel frightened to be in Mr. Lee's presence. I took a few deep breaths again, regulating my breath. I was so focused on calming myself down, I almost physically jumped after feeling my phone go off in my pocket. I took the phone from my pocket, slowly beginning to walk forward and answered the call.

"Hey Yoongi." I said into the phone. "What's wrong?"

"That's exactly what I was planning to ask." Yoongi replied, the tone of concern coming off as clear as day in his voice. "Are you okay?"

"Actually, no. Something really weird just happened."

A/N So what do we think of this odd interaction between Ae-Young and her boss? Any thoughts as to why he acted like that?

Also, thank you all so much for 30K reads! As always, I find myself at a loss for words when thinking about how far this story has come. Thank you for your continuous support on my book, I appreciate every bit of it!!

Have a lovely day/night and stay safe~! 💜💜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

847 83 17
This is a world, where soulmates exist. Your twin by the soul,your other half,who will fill the grasps in person's heart only by being with them. The...
1.8M 62.2K 63
When soulmates turn fifteen, whatever your soulmate writes on their body, will also appear on yours. They can also feel each other's pain and heart b...
135K 5.4K 20
"I'm independent." Your voice sounded small in his presence. This one thought was what fueled you your whole life. You never wanted to rely on anyone...
117K 4.8K 24
'and what if I want to be yours Min Yoongi?' 'you know what I am y/n. you can't be serious' -- Y/N, the girl with no friends. No interaction. Nothin...