Healing Hearts (Gus x Matt)

By Boba_Box

~don't pay attention to how horrible the first chapters are written, I don't feel like fixing them either so... More

~chapter 1~
~chapter 2~
~chapter 3~
~chapter 4~
~chapter 5~
~chapter 6~
~chapter 7~
~Chapter 8~
~Chapter 9~
~Chapter 10~
~chapter 11~
~Chapter 12~
~chapter 14~
~Chapter 15~
~Chapter 16~
~chapter 17~
~Chapter 18~
~Chapter 19~
~chapter 20~
~chapter 21~
~chapter 22~
~chapter 23~
~chapter 24~
~chapter 25~
~chapter 26~
~chapter 27~
~chapter 28~
~chapter 29~
~chapter 30~
~chapter 31~
~chapter 32~
~chapter 33~
~chapter 34~
~chapter 35~
~chapter 36~
~chapter 37~
~chapter 38~
~chapter 39~
~chapter 40~
~chapter 41~
~chapter 42~
~ I have some news....~
~chapter 43~
~chapter 44~
~chapter 45~

~Chapter 13~

1K 27 104
By Boba_Box

Matt POV:

It had been about an hour later and Gus decided he should head home. Just then I realized two things. One, I should probably get another potion for his leg. And two, I hadn't even given him my number yet. So how could he text me asking to come over?

A/n
(He said that Gus could come over anytime as long as he texted him in advance) (That was in the last chapter btw :3 )

We both stood up and walked downstairs to the door. Before I opened the door for him I said, "Hey, there's two things I almost forgot about".

"Oh, what is it?" He asked. I quickly ran to the basement and grabbed the potion off of Cora's desk. I ran back upstairs and handed it to him. "That's the first thing. The second thing is this." And with that I handed him a piece of paper with my number on it.

His face turned a little bit red. Which was kind of cute. He took the paper and said, "Oh yeah, thanks! I'll text you sometime tonight." I felt my face heat up a little.

And with that, I opened up the door for him and he walked back home.

I stayed by the door for a minute or so, hoping he might have forgotten something. But that was stupid because he didn't bring anything to begin with.

The house felt... empty. I normally like an empty house, it's nice and quiet so I can relax. But this kind of empty wasnt like that. I shake it off and go upstairs to my room to watch some TV.

I turn on the TV hoping to drown out my thoughts. But it's no use. I can feel myself blushing uncontrollably, so I cover my face with a pillow. I know it was stupid. Nobody was home. Nobody was looking. But it just made me feel better.

I don't know why I feel the way I do around Gus. I mean, two boys.... holding hands.... smiling at eachother.... in love with eachother.... society wouldn't accept that.... would it?

Ugh, I don't know. Maybe Gus thinks that stuff is weird. And I won't confirm anything. The thought of it scares me. I'm not sure why. My parents aren't homophobic, neither is Cora, or Steve. I'm not, so why do I feel so scared that I might like....

No, stop it Mattholomule. Stop thinking. Clear your stupid head. Get rid of those stupid thoughts. Stupid stupid stupid. That's all I am. A stupid boy who won't amount to anything. Why? Because everyone at school says so. The students. The teachers. The kids in the halls. The kids who say I'm their "friend". There's no friends at Glandis. No comfort. No nothing.

Gus POV:

I said goodbye to Matt and started to walk back home. I didn't want to go home, but I'm glad I got to spend some time with him. It really helped to take my mind off things. Maybe he isn't so bad after all.

I shove the piece of paper with his number on it into my pocket so that my dad doesn't see. He might ask lots of questions about it. I understand why he'd ask questions, kinda, but I just really want personal space.

I really need to talk to Willow about what happened today with my parents. I might ask to meet her at the park or something tomorrow. There's something else I want to talk about too... but I dont know if I can talk about it just yet.

When I get home my dad is on the couch. He waves and says, "Hi Gus, glad you're home!" He says it like nothing happened. Like nothings changed. Like everything is fine. It makes me sick.

I wave and walk upstairs to my room. I'm just too tired to think about anything right now. I turn on TV to quiet my head. As I watch, I practice making illusions of the characters on the screen.

I end up watching TV till 11 pm. I didn't notice how late it was. But I eventually passed out sleeping on the floor, my blanket wrapped around me.

~Time skip~

When I woke up, everything was sore. My arms were sore, my neck was sore, my legs, pretty much everything- sore. My legs also hurt from the cut, but I have the potion for that.

I drank the potion and put the bottle carefully under my bed. I didn't want my dad to fi d it and think I was doing stuff I shouldn't be doing. And I didn't want it to break either.

I sit on my bed snd think. I'll admit that Matt may have crossed my mind once or twice. But then I remember two things. I go over to my laundry basket, which has my outfit from yesterday, and take the paper out of my pocket.

I open up my scroll to two two things; First I texted Willow, <Hey Willow! Could we maybe meet up sometime today? It only has to be for a bit, there's just some things I want to talk to you about>

Then, I typed the number into my scroll and sent, <Hey, is this Matt?> I didn't expect a reply since it was 7 am on a Sunday. But he replied;

<Yeah, is this Gus?>

<Yup, it's me>

<Ok, ill save your contact>

<I'll save your contact too>

<Oh, how're you feeling?>

<Meh>

<Oh, well- I hope you feel better soon. I know things like that take time to internally heal, so don't feel bad if of takes you a while to truly feel ok>

<Yeah- thanks. I'll leave you be though, I'm going to eat breakfast anyway>

<Ok, bye!>

<Bye!>

I felt my face heat up, and I slammed my face into a pillow. Thats when I heard a *ding* from my phone. I turned it on, slightly hoping it was Matt, but it was Willow. I unlocked it and read the full message;

<I'm good to meet up anytime today. Wharever time is good for you i can do, as long as its before dinner. I'll gladly listen to whatever you need to talk about, im always here for you💛>

I smile. Willow is always so sweet. She cares so much about the people she loves, it's really inspiring. I honestly don't know where I'd be if I hadn't met her. I text her back saying;

<Thanks. Maybe we could meet around noon?>

<Sure, see you then!>

<See you then!>

With that, I turn off my scroll and decide I need something to distract myself. So I work on some homework from school. There isn't too much since it's a weekend, so I only have 1 or 2 assignments to do.

After I finish my assignments, I decide to work on my illusions. I start by changing the way I look, making myself taller, different color hair. Then I start making illusions of people I know.

I make Willow, and Luz, and Amity. All in onsies and having a tea party. It was very fun to watch, even though I made it. I made them disappear and made an illusion of some more people I know.

Then, one that looks like Matt appears. I didn't mean to, it was supposed to be one of my classmates. But I had though it was actually him for a second. I had felt myself blush a little, but I turned bright red in embarrassment when I realized it was just an illusion that I had made.

Wow, I feel so stupid.

I do wish he were here right now though. Im really glad that I got to spend some time with him yesterday though. I really misjudged him before. He tries to appear like a jerk with a tough shell, but he's just a sweet, sensitive, and caring person inside. I wonder why he felt like he ever had to hide that.

That got me thinking about some stuff for a while. I managed to not cry at all, which was nice. I honestly don't think I can handle one more massive breakdown... If something like that happens at school....

"No, stop it Gus." I say, "You are a strong witch, you can do anything you put your mind to. Even if that includes not having a massive breakdown at school...."

Well, that pep talk didn't do much. But by now it was time to start heading over to the park to meet up with Willow.

Willows POV:

I woke up early today, my dad's and I didn't get home till late last night. Traffic was terrible. I hadn't slept as much as I'd have liked to though. It wasn't a good day to just randomly wake up early.

I head downstairs to make myself some breakfast. I wait for my bread to heat up and turn on my scroll. I see a message from Gus saying, <Hey Willow! Could we maybe meet up sometime today? It only has to be for a bit, there's just some things I want to talk to you about>

I did get a little bit worried. Gus normally doesn't ask to meetup to talk about things, hes normally more reserved. Did I do something that upset him? Did he get hurt again when I was out of town? But I was only gone for the second half of the day? Nothing much could have happened right? Oh no, what if Boscha did something again?

Questions raced through my head but I said to myself, "Willow, stop it. You have to trust Gus, whatever he wants to talk about- I'm sure it'll be fine".

I shake my head and reply to his text.
<I'm good to meet up anytime today. Wharever time is good for you i can do, as long as its before dinner. I'll gladly listen to whatever you need to talk about, im always here for you💛>

He replies surprisingly quick;
<Thanks. Maybe we could meet around noon?>

Hm, yeah, noon sounds good;

<Sure, see you then!>

<See you then!>

With about 5 hours till I meet up with Gus, I decide that I'm going to take a nap.  I set my alarm for 10 o'clock, so I have a good 2 hours to get ready. Finish my breakfast and head upstairs. I go over to my bed and curl up in my soft, fuzzy blankets and drift off to sleep.

(End scene)
I like this chapter. It's not my favorite, but I really like it. I'm going to the Homecoming dance tonight so I want to take the weekend off to just relax. Thank you for the support, I love you guys!! <33

You dropped this again, you have to stop forgetting it sillies!

---------------------->✨️✨️👑✨️✨️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 36.1K 62
π’π“π€π‘π†πˆπ‘π‹ ──── ❝i just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!❞ 𝐈𝐍 π–π‡πˆπ‚π‡ jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
60.7K 3K 99
π™Έπš— πšπš‘πš’πšœ πšœπšπš˜πš›πš’ π™±πšŠπš 𝚠𝚊𝚜 πš‹πš˜πš›πš— πš πš’πšπš‘ 𝚊 πšŸπšŽπš›πš’ πš›πšŠπš›πšŽ πš‹πš˜πšπš’ πšπš’πš™πšŽ, πš‘πšŽ 𝚠𝚊𝚜 πš‹πš˜πš›πš— πš πš’πšπš‘ 𝚊 πš πš˜πš–πšŠπš—'𝚜 πš˜πš›οΏ½...
20.6K 960 25
"Not Slytherin, eh?" said the small voice with a touch of malicious glee. "Are you sure? You could be great, you know, it's all here in your head. An...
1.3M 56.5K 103
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC