Temporary Affair (slow update...

By KvngIvyy

Formerly titled "dear you" ______ 32, Tremaine Maverick needed help around his office. Especially after his... More

c a s t
one | dose of caffeine
two | shell shocked
three | lack of better words (filter)
four | takin' shots
five | stylish trickster
six | the who's who.. pt1
seven | the who's who.. pt 2
eight | certain circumstances
nine | friendly invitation pt 1
ten | friendly invitation pt 2
eleven | clashing
twelve | up in the air pt 1
thirteen | up in the air pt 2
fourteen | livin' it up [filter]
fifteen | a amorous proposition
sixteen | deal breaker pt 1 (filter)
seventeen| deal breaker pt 2
eighteen | checkmate
nineteen | know your worth
twenty | peace offerings
twenty one | pushing thee blame (filter)
twenty two | leftovers
twenty three | truth be told pt 1
twenty four | truth be told pt 2
twenty five | night cap
twenty six | all night long
twenty seven | risquรฉ
twenty eight | hide & seek
thirty | take notice
thirty one | private show pt 1
thirty two | private show pt 2
thirty three | shot caller (filter)
thirty four | getaway
thirty five | foolish tiff
thirty six | an us-ship
thirty seven | doing a good deed
thirty eight | date night pt1
thirty nine | date night pt2
forty| date night pt 3
forty one | opening up [short]
forty two | making it official
forty three | anticipation
forty four| taking chances pt 1
forty five | taking chances pt 2 (new)
forty six | uninvited guest (new)
forty seven| bringing out the best (new)
forty eight | rich $hit pt 1
forty nine | rich $hit pt 2
fifty | vacay mode
fifty one | airing it out
fifty two | in the moment (short)
fifty three - on the table
fifty four - setting the record straight
๐Ÿ–ค
fifty five - not so alone (filter)
fifty six - in your arms (filter)
fifty seven - finding forgiveness
fifty eight - moments with you pt 1(filler)
fifty nine - moments with you pt 2
sixty - all about you
sixty one | lover's den pt 1

twenty nine | back to square one

1.7K 180 69
By KvngIvyy

A week later...

Tremaine sat in the conference room with a client of his discussing the incident he had with David a few weeks ago. Stressing immensely he sat watching the video that the client was sent anonymous on the screen. Sighing he lifted the remote to turn the screen off.

"Mrs. Sinclair I'd like to apologize, I can admit that I did come out of character that night, but I can assure you --"

She interrupted holding her hand up to have the floor. "---That's not a good look for me, or you Mr. Maverick. If I'm being frank here? I'm running a million dollar company and you're apart of thee team that represents my brand, my name, me, of course. Though you are a viable person and asset?" She stalled as she toyed with the string of pearls around her neck.

She continues. "My lawyer thinks this incident is going to be a bad look for me. And they think it's best if I cancel our contract and go with someone else," She finished up rather saddened to break the news to him.

"Mrs. Sinclair," Tremaine laughed shocked. "That won't be necessary, I can assure you that nothing like this will ever happen again. Again I do apologize for you finding out like this, but---"

There was light knocking at the door. Stevie opened the door peeking in. "I'm so sorry to interrupt, Mr. Maverick? But you have a call from the governor he says it's urgent,"

Tremaine nodded his head. "Of course, Mrs. Sinclair if you'll just give me a minute? Please I can fix all of this, just give me a moment," He stood from his chair and headed for the door to exit out of the conference room.

"Make it quick I don't have all day, Mr. Maverick,"

"Yes ma'am," With that he moved passed Stevie heading in the direction of his office.

"What's wrong she doesn't look happy," Stevie asked as she trailed behind him towards his office.

Standoffish he replied. "Nothing don't worry about it," He entered his office, heading over to take a seat and pick up his phone. "Tremaine speaking, governor how's it going?"

Stevie stood there with her arms crossed at her breasts as she watched Tremaine engage in his phone call, and, judging from his uneasy, nervous body language. It wasn't a great call at all. "What's going on Tremaine?" She asked in a whisper.

Smacking his lips he looked up at her. Fanning his hand to dismiss her. "Yes sir I understand, I'm so sorry you had to find out that way. But it was truly all a misunderstanding. I never meant to ruin your event, sir,"

"Go," He mouthed unmannerly as he oushed her from his office.

Stevie frowned as she turned on her heels and moved to exit his office. Slamming the door shut behind herself, she headed over to Jade's desk. "Have you seen it? The latest drama?" Jade asked looking up at Stevie.

"What drama what are you talking about?" Strolling around the desk to the other side. Stevie bent to stare at Jade's computer screen to see some gossip blog had posted an article and a video of the incident with Tremaine and David at the governor's auction week's ago. "Oh my God,"

"Well known CEO, and Mogul,
Tremaine Maverick seemed to have been involved in an altercation at the governor's auction a few weeks ago, with whom some are believing it to be David Latimore, now source's aren't sure what started the altercation, but, it's been speculations that the women in the video might've had something to do with. Though neither party on either side have addressed the altercation? The video was leaked on a few platforms less than twenty minutes ago and has went completely viral, some are saying thee Mogul was doing too much, that he was mad aggressive, and shouldn't have done what he done, and it could possible tarnish his name and his business,"

"Oh my goodness," Stevie cupped her mouth, overwhelmed and stunned at the article. Lifting up she looked up to see Mrs. Sinclair coming down the hallway.

"Mrs. Sinclair?" Stevie called moving around the desk. "I.. I'm not sure if you know me, but I know you. And I have to say you're a total powerhouse. I uh--"

"I know who you are, Stevie Calhoun?"

Stevie smiled softly. "Yes ma'am I.. Uh Mrs. Sinclair can we have a quick conversation?" She inquired.

"Can you walk and talk? I have to a flight to catch," She slipped the dark glasses up onto her face, adjusting the orange birkin up onto her arm.

The two of them made their way towards the elevators. "Of course, I can explain about the incident with Mr. Maverick and Mr. Latimore? It was because of me,"

"You? A love triangle?" Mrs. Sinclair laughed as the door to the elevator closed.

Stevie made her way back into the building from talking to Mrs. Sinclair and getting everything cleared up. Luckily, she was able to talk her into staying with the company once she broke down the real story about what happened the night of the incident, and let's just say, Mrs. Sinclair wasn't too thrilled to hear what David said, and felt he deserves exactly what Tremaine dished out to him. 

Heading over to the elevators. She stood happily waiting for one to arrive. She couldn't wait to get back upstairs and share the good news with Tremaine. Finally one arrived. And to her surprise, Tremaine was getting off in a hurry. "Where.. Wh.. Where is she has she left?"

"Mrs. Sinclair? Yeah she had a flight to catch, but it's okay,"

"It's okay? What do you mean it's okay, do you not understand what's going on here, Stevie? I'm on the verge of losing some of my best clientele, over that stupid ass fight with David, because of you! This is my company and my ass on the fucking line here, God! You just don't get it, Stevie, you don't understand, why would you, you... Urg, you don't get the amount of stress I'm under right now? That shit is all over the internet now. My name, my reputation and for what? Huh?" He laid his hand on his forehead. "I never should've got involved, shit didn't have nothing to do with me anyways, now look, look!" He scuffed as he laughed.

Stevie was crushed by his words, her shoulders dropped and thee joy she was feeling moments ago. Suddenly drained right out of her body. Feeling the warm tears burning to fall, she exhaled a trembling breath. "You know what you're absolutely right, you shouldn't gotten involved, it wasn't you fight, it was my mine. I didn't ask you to, you did because you wanted to, I didn't ask you to hit him! You should've thought about your ass and your company when you made an redundant, dense ass decision like you did. But you allowed your zealous, unmellowed ass thoughts to throw you into a fucked up predicament you weren't prepared for! And you think I don't understand? So we're back to the you're better than me because I'm simply a measle little assistant? Okay, I got you, I get it. You should be thanking me for saving your ass, like I always do! I just spent the last ten minutes telling Mrs. Sinclair how losing you would be a horrible thing to happen to her company, how you're such a dedicated, hard working person, and that the situation was a misunderstanding, she agreed to stay because of me, me! You should be kissing my fucking feet!" She roared as she brushed passed him climbing onto the elevator.

Tremaine turned around and climbed onto the elevator with her. Stevie vexxed stood with her arms crossed at her breasts as she rocked curtly on her heels, waiting for the elevator to move.

Tremaine turned to look at her. Opening his mouth to say something, he didn't. Turning away he stood there shamed, scratching the back of his neck, as he glanced over at Stevie again.

"You know what? You're truly still one arrogant, crude, selfish son of a bitch. I can't believe I actually thought you were human for a change, and not some overworked, snobby, robotic ass dickhead. And as I expected you disappointed me, God I can't believe I was so stupid! I can't believe it, you--" She turned aiming her finger at him.

"Stevie --" He touched her arm.

"Don't touch me," She moved her arm away from him.

"Stevie... I--"

The elevator reached his floor. Waiting for a moment the doors finally started to pull open. Stevie was the first to rush off the elevator. Pacing quickly down the hallway towards her office.

"Is everything okay?" Jade asked Tremaine.

"It's fine just a bit hectic right now. If you'd like to go to lunch early? Go head I'll see you when you get back,"

"Okay, sure, thanks," Jade started to gathering her things to leave for lunch before she got up heading for the elevator.

Tremaine continued down the hallway to Stevie's office. Turning the knob,  he realized the door was locked. "Stevie?" He used his knuckles to tap on the door. "Stevie c'mon open the door up, I'd like to talk to you,"

Preparing to knock again, the door opened. Stevie stood in doorway with a box full of some of her items. "Move, move--" She voiced harshly as she pushed out of the office.

Tremaine stumbled back a bit as she strolled passed him. Turning on his heels he followed behind her. "Stevie where are you going? Can we talk about this please?"

"No," She told him. "I quit,"

Tremaine sighed slapping his thigh. "Here we fucking go with this shit.  You're quitting  again? That's comical, for how long? C'mon what you want me to chase behind you and beg you to stay? Look let's cut out the dramatics, Stevie, I was wrong I'll admit, but--"

"See that... that's the problem, I'm tired of that. I'm tired of doing stuff for you and barely getting appreciation for it. Just for you turn around at thee slightest inconvenience and totally disregard my feelings and talk to me like shit, simply because things aren't going your way, Tremaine. Then when I come in and save the fucking day like I always fucking do for you. You feel like the asshole you are. And then you want to come sniffing around like a fucking dog with a lame ass apology and I'm supposed to accept it, and then it'll happen again, and again until it becomes the norm for you? No, fuck that and fuck you, I'm done and I mean it. I quit and I'm not coming back! Find someone else to put up with your bipolar ass ways,"

"You know what fuck you, Stevie! You're an entitled, pampered ass pansy who's had people let you slide because you're a good worker, yeah, but I'm not going to pacify and breastfeed you every time you do something good or reward you with a gold star. This is a fucking business, not a daycare. Whoopee you saved my ass, it's your fucking job. You're to assistant and step in , in areas and situations that I can't necessarily do myself. You're a pathetic ass people pleaser, shit be for real, you do a little more than you're asked, and now you think your fucking Mona Lisa, nah fuck that, shit real talk. So leave I'll find somebody to do way better than the mediocrity you do, shorty! So go get the fuck outta' here!" He shushed her away.

"I hope you lose every fucking client you have! Everyone single fucking one! And your business goes to shit!" She yelled at she hustled to the elevator.

"Yeah? Well I hope you never find another job anywhere! I hope you never find another fucking job anywhere in the city, state, or the fucking world!" He argued watching her stand there waiting for the elevator.

"Fuck you!" Stevie voiced.

"Fuck you!" He retorted.

The elevator arrived and Stevie climbed on. Hoisting the box under her left arm, she used her right hand to push the button of the floor. Waiting for the doors to close she flipped him the middle finger. ''Asshole!"

________________________________________

Update.. 😩 .. don't be mad at meee

lol I know it was all good and progressing quite well, BUT.. I decided to do a little minor setback....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1M 44.2K 54
[WARNING - EXPLICIT CONTENT] I tried getting out of his hold, but he had more strength in his finger than I had in my body. He flipped me over until...
14.7K 852 59
Sequel to More Than Enough. Please read that before reading this so that you may understand the story. ------------- Everyone is one the search for (...
68.5K 4.6K 25
Sabine Harlow and Shayne Carrington ************ [Can Oil and Water ever mix?] Carrington Enterprises, the most successful Oil Company in Dallas, Te...
7.4K 121 39
"๐“ฒ ๐“ต๐“ธ๐“ฟ๐“ฎ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ ๐“ถ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ฎ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ท ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ ๐“ด๐“ท๐“ธ๐”€" "๐“ฒ๐“ถ ๐“ผ๐“ธ ๐“ผ๐“ฝ๐“พ๐“น๐“ฒ๐“ญ ๐“ฏ๐“ธ๐“ป ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ" โœ” COMPLETED You and Maverick have been best friends ev...