No Matter What // Zayn Malik

By lostinparadise25

Olivia has had a crush on Zayn Malik from the moment she laid eyes on him, and I mean could you blame her? He... More

No Matter What
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Epilogue

Chapter 21

109K 1.6K 279
By lostinparadise25

I think this is my favorite chapter so far. :)

**************************************

Chapter 21

Olivia's POV

Josh and I ate in silence from then. He urged me to go take a shower so he could get going and I did. I tried not to be sad, not wanting to end up like my parents but it was tough. All I wanted to do was lay down and cry.

"It's cold, Liv." Josh said, grabbing my coat from off the hook and holding it out in front of me once I came downstairs. I gave him a small smile as I slipped it on with his help. I adjusted my beanie, and took his arm as we ventured outside to get into his car.

Watching the boys rehearse made me feel better. They were so stupid it was funny. They would take turns serenading me, and do the stupidest lyric changes which would make management go crazy. I haven't even mentioned all the little dances they did. Josh even tried to teach all the boys how to play the drums. For the most part the boys did pretty good. It was entertaining really.

"Boys! Let's be serious now!" A voice boomed from the top of the huge stadium.

"God? Is that you?" Harry said, looking up at the ceiling in bewilderment. I burst into a fit of laughter, my laugh echoing through the huge stadium as I quickly clamped a hand over my mouth. That was way too loud. Josh snickered at me from his drum set, making me glare at him.

"Harry, it's Paul."

"Oh." He said into the microphone lowly. "Hello there, Paul!"

"Hi, yes, now get back to work before God comes down there himself!"

The boys snickered as I did too from the front rows as I watched them set back up again, starting the music for 'Still the One'. Hearing the boys singing made me happy. I listened intently until I played on my phone, and scrolled through my twitter absentmindedly. I started to answer a few questions but eventually, I took Zayn's phone which was stupidly put in his leather jacket he threw next to me and tried to figure out the password.

"It's Olivia." Niall said from the stage, giving me a little wink. I felt my cheeks burn red.

"It's not Liam anymore?" Liam pouted, turning to Zayn, showing mock hurt.

"Sorry, mate." Zayn said with a little laugh.

"Z-Ziam's over?! Fine. I have Niall!"

I diverted my eyes back to Zayn's phone as Louis screamed dramatically,"NIAM. OH MY GOSH. IT'S REAL." and put my name as Zayn's password. Surprisingly, it unlocked, making me smile a little wider. He was so cute. I hacked his twitter and started to follow Directioners just to make their dreams come true. He wouldn't mind. The Directioners wouldn't mind either. They began to scream all over his timeline and suddenly the DMs flew in, making me grin.

"Doll face," Zayn called from up the stage once their song was over. I looked up at him, waiting for him to continue. Louis gave him a noogie, as Niall poked his cheek. Harry wiggled his eyebrows at me as I rolled my eyes.

"You gonna have lunch with us?"

"Yes, pretty boy!"

He reached over his pockets, tapping them for something. "Wait, lads, where's my-" He looked at me as I innocently waved my phone up to grab his attention. He grinned, running down the stage and towards me to retrieve his phone. "Thanks, babe."

"You're welcome."

He pulled me in for a hug. "How have you been doing? Josh kinda told me what's been happening." He whispered in my ear, stroking my hair soothingly as he held me in his arms. This was all I really wanted.

For him to hold me like this.

To let me know he was there.

"L-Later," I whispered back. I lightly kissed his cheek, feeling my eyes water and voice shaking already. I cursed mentally. No, I've cried enough. I don't want to burden him with my problems.

Zayn pulled away and at first I thought he was just going to nod and run back on stage, but he didn't.

"I'm taking five!" He shouted loudly.

"But, Zay-" Their stage manager started to say.

"This is important!" He snapped at her. "Please understand and goodness, the tour is weeks away. We're going to do absolutely fine on stage. We've been doing this since X Factor."

Without another hesitation, he took my hand and pulled me backstage as I quietly followed, tears building up more and more with each step I took after Zayn.

Turn after turn, hallway down hallway, we finally found a quiet enough location. Zayn stood in front of me as we leaned against the hallway's white walls.

"I know you're not okay, Liv," he whispered. "What's wrong?"

I wanted to hold it in like I always did but another part of me was screaming to let it out. I didn't fight Zayn anymore and quietly told him everything that had been happening for the past few days. I told him what was happening with my mom and her anti-depressants. My dad and his alcohol. Josh and his bar fight which really didn't bug me as much. I was mainly upset at my parents.

"I f-feel like I'm going i-insane," I mumbled as Zayn quickly pulled me into his arms. He squeezed me tightly, until these thoughts finally left my head. My body shook in his embrace as he softly kissed my collarbones and neck, slowly pushing me back towards the wall. I held onto him as he held me tightly, running my hands through his hair as he moved towards my jawline.

His little kisses soothed and intrigued me. Just the slightest touch from him could always make my heart skip a beat. The room suddenly felt a little hotter, when I looked away from him for a second. He lifted up my chin carefully so I was looking at him now.

"Doll, there's something you're not telling me."

I know. I said in my head.

Tell him.

No.

Yes.

I went back and forth in my head, somewhat like before. I felt like I was going insane. Even when choosing cereal this morning, my brain was racking.

"Zayn, I-I feel b-broken." I whispered, looking up at him with watery eyes. He met mine, biting his lip a little. I looked away, thinking that was his only reaction.

He's not going to help you.

You're so messed up.

"You know what, it's f-fine. T-That wasn't s-supposed to come out anyways." I started to leave till I felt a tug on my hand, spinning me back towards my boyfriend. He pulled me towards him, hands right on my hips making the heat rush to my face.

He then kissed me. A long, passionate one, followed by several others. It was practically a makeout session. The room was hot and spinning as our lips connected and molded together as one. I felt so close to him. This was all I wanted.

We pulled away, breathless. He held me close to him, our foreheads and noses touching as I clung onto him, my hands in his hair, as he held the small of my back. Zayn reached up for my hands, taking them but never pulling his face any farther away from mine. He looked at me, right in the eyes.

His deep, brown eyes bore into mine.

"Don't ever think I don't care about you." His voice was soft and tender, making my knees feel very weak as he caressed my cheek.

"Olivia, I love you. I want to fix you."

Tears sprung out of my eyes freely now. I didn't mean for them too, knowing it always upset Zayn if I was ever sad or crying. He wiped my tears away with his thumbs.

"Shh, what's on your mind, doll? You have to let it out."

"I'm such a-a burden o-on you. I-I can't be fixed, Z-Zayn! Why do you t-try?"

"You're my doll." He whispered huskily. "My girl. My everything. I'm going to fix my broken doll. I'm trying because I love you. I will fix you." He knew just what to say. He caressed my cheek as I closed my eyes, letting out a little sigh.

"How are you going to do that, Z-Zayn?" I whispered.

"Here's a start." He pressed his lips onto mine again, and just like before, I felt pure bliss.

He'd fix me. Zayn would be the first to do so.

Zayn held my hand as we walked outside. I liked it this way. I liked the way he softly hummed as our hands swung back and forth. I liked the way he occasionally, looked at me with a little grin.

As we were walking, I made a mental note in my head to ask Harry what he thought of Zayn and I.

I paused. Did it even matter?

I didn't care what he thought anymore.

I loved Zayn. Everyone makes mistakes sometimes, but he seems changed. I leaned my head on his arm as we walked into the restaurant, boys and a bit of security behind us.

We quickly found our seats, no fans even having the chance to see the boys faces. I started to sit down next to Zayn but Louis obnoxiously, took my seat before I could even sit down.

"Oh hi there, Olivia! Didn't see ya there, cutie. How you been?" He said, trying to seem innocent. He patted the seat beside him. "Tell your uncle Louis how you've been.

"Lou, c'mon," Zayn said, begging for his mate to move.

"Can't keep the lady all to yourself, Zayn. She's our friend too." Harry piped up, sitting across from me. Liam rolled his eyes as Josh high fived Harry and Niall snickered. I managed a little smile but really just wanted to sit by Zayn.

Zayn huffed. "Fine. Your next date with Eleanor and some blond girl that's older than you, I'm totally sabotaging it." He threatened. Everyone burst into laughter, even Harry couldn't help but laugh.

"That a promise, Malik?" He tested.

"Mmhmm. Mark my words, Styles."

Several games of tic tac toe, hangman, and an interesting truth or dare came I decided to stay out of, our food came. The waitress was really polite, promising not to tell or make a big scene that One Direction and their drummer and his sister was here. She got her pictures and autographs, then left us alone.

I picked lightly at my food. Harry noticed this and asked me if I was all right.

"Fine. Sorry, I'm just thinking." I gave Harry a sly grin. "So, any lady friends in your life, hmm? Maybe more than friends?"

He almost choked on his water. "N-No."

"Liar."

"I mean i-it! Ask anyone!"

"Hmph. Well, then why not?"

"Well, we're about to go on tour. Not many girls want to deal with a long term relationship." He said, sadly.

"You gonna express how you feel with another tattoo?" I reached for his arm. "Sheesh! How many do you have? Fifty?" The boys laughed. "You and Zayn having a contest of who can get the most tattoos?"

"A tattoo-off!" Liam prompted with a laugh.

"Yeah! That's it! A tattoo off. That's on your 'Things I Can' list right?" I teased, the boys erupting in laughter. Josh was in stitches.

"Noo." He smiled sheepishly as he looked at his food. "You like Zayn's tattoos."

"Yeah, cuz they're hot and probably meaningful."

"Yes, 'ZAP' is so meaningful!" Josh said sarcastically with a grin.

Looking down the table, I saw all the boys had tattoos except Niall. Goodness, he's the Irish one, the one with no sisters, the blond one, now the only one with no tattoos. He's just like trying to be extra special now.

"I don't see you with any tattoos, Horan. You're a good boy then." I gave him a thumbs up as he smiled a little.

"I'm a good boy, lads. See." Niall smirked, rubbing it in to the other boys.

The boys immediately bursted out into more laughter.

"Yeah right! You got a bad mouth, Niall!" Louis cackled. "Last night, I swear, all I did was ask if he had any toothpaste." Louis laughed at just the memory. Five minutes later after he was all composed, he finally told us the story.

"He throws it right at my head calling me a cu-"

"Let's not give my little sister any ideas!" Josh interrupted, making me laugh.

"Niall's very Irish sometimes." Liam nudged the blond boy who turned bright red. Niall got embarrassed so easily it was cute.

The conversation somehow transferred back to something about Zayn and I.

"What was so important, eh?" Liam asked, cutting up his steak.

Zayn and I locked eyes from over the table. He didn't look away as he briefly told the boys.

"I just made a promise to her. A really important one."

***************************************

I like making Zayn all deep and stuff. It's fun. :)

I'm off to update my other Zayn one. Well, I'm still not positive if its going to be a Zayn. It might be a Harry one. I originally wrote it as a Harry one.

Yeah. Probably. This is why Picking Up the Pieces says "may change" on it. I'm very indecisive. I haven't done a Harry yet. I can work with that one more. So Picking Up the Pieces will be a Harry one. i just decided that like right now. lol Gosh it's gonna hurt so bad. Just picturing Harry with another girl that's like not me.

Ouch.

Lol okay, hope you liked it! :) vote and comment! Hope you have a lovely day

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

404K 7.5K 20
Can you imagine what it would be like, to be the sister of THE Edward Sheeran? How it feels to know millions of people could be listening to your own...
3.7M 124K 39
He was destined to be evil; it was in his blood. He was destined to kill; it was in his blood. But destiny takes a turn when he does the unexpected...
2.6M 67K 46
Reina is an only child that moved to London from Ireland with her mum. After Reina's mother's bad past with Reina's father, any feelings that Reina h...
1M 17.7K 43
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...